All Comments on 'Friends Come First Ch. 02'

by Vulcez

Sort by:
  • 90 Comments
huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Way to go Mike

It amazing how many sluts there are in the world

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Amazed...

huedogg, I once was amazed...now I'm just amused!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Yes

Short and to the point. This was a good story! the cheating slut got trashed!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Good story with excellent epiloge. 5 stars.

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Nicely tied up

with a beautiful bow. May Mike enjoy his life with Emily. Vicky got what she deserved. Just one thing, next time if possible don't wait a year to finish your story: well done, thank you!

VulcezVulcezover 12 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous

Mom! I asked you to stop reading my stories. It's embarrassing when you gush like that. I assume we're still on for Thanksgiving.

Your loving son,

Vulcez

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@Dear Anon Yes for an average blue collar honest bald fat husband during divorce nobody starts for him. But for a succesful hunk many single women start.....

dinkymacdinkymacover 12 years ago
Nice!!!

Thanks for sharing....enjoyed it.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Sequel was not necessary - merely a mediocre story trying to explain an implied ending.

The first part was an excellent stand alone - this was unnecessary.

DawnzoDawnzoover 12 years ago
Great story!

Vulcez... don't call your mom out for that and you know Thanks giving is a standing date:)

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Good one

It is true.

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Necessary Follow-up?

From my perspective I feel the story was more powerful without the follow-up. The way it was written the first part was not a setup for more. The story was complete as it was.

Still I enjoyed the follow-up.

To me an author that consistently scores above a 4.2 is doing things right.

I like to read the comments at the end of the stories to get others take. It's just too bad that gutless wonders, I mean Anons are allowed to include their comments.

I know that not allowing anonymous comments would mean that some insightful comments might be lost, but the vast majority of them are unintelligent rants.

Please keep writing.

It's apparent that most of us enjoy what you do.

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Regarding

Anon, I don't believe turkey is on the menu. It is definitely chicken. I'll say it again, nice finish; well done Vulcez. It is always preferred when an author finishes their story, their way. Thank you!

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Excellent Story

Vulcez, an excellent story told from an unusual angle. Both the story and epilogue are good. Funny, true to life, a really good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lovely

Way to finish it. Thanx

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Another good one

The early bird did get the worm. Thanks for the write. Jim

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
What A Great Read!!

Your stories are very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Integrity has Value!

Emily seems to have some - nice -

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Another YAY

I guess not all characters in this 2 part series are cheating wife wannabees. My bad.

I really do like when cheating wives get what's coming to them.

NOTHING.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very good...

I just found you and you are right up there with the other good story tellers and writers. Thank you for the entertainment.

Ron Wood - Old Marine Vet

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Great Rebounding Emily

We hope that it turns out to be more than a superficial emotional reaction. Usually the first one in gets the smallest worms....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Rebound's do last....

While I appreciate Bruce22's comment below, and it does seem that is often true, I can attest when it does last it can be amazing. I was married very young and for just about 5 years. After it ended, my first date was with a woman I knew as a friend, who had been there to comfort me as a friend through the divorce and after. We went on that first date...and well 28 years later we are still together, and she still amazes me like no woman, or person, I have ever known.

Well written and brought a big smile to my face.

Michael

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Nice

I was almost hoping that after the call, Em rolls back over and into Mike's arms.....

Chuckle

Thx

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 11 years ago
Nicely Done

Enjoy your work. I especially like the way the injured party, usually husbands, get subtle revenge by living well.

To some "torch the bitch" is the only way to get even. But living well is revenge that will last forever and make the guilty party suffer every day.

Thanks for the hard work and more please.

Woodmanone

phd70phd70almost 11 years ago
Very entertaining story, with insights and lessons for all.! 5 stars! Thank You for sharing

Thanks for your craftsmanship in storytelling, without any violent revenge ending. Dan

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 10 years ago
Not sure which I enjoyed more...

...your story or your reply to the 1st anonymous. Thanks for sharing both.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
The Romantic Revenge lasts long time with pain IN A LONGER EPILOG

@ woodmanone The revenge stories have three weapons:

1. The Cruel Revenge weapon.

2. The Modern Figaro type weapon

3. The Romantic Revenge weapon

I agree the third the Romantic Revenge weapon causes long lasting pain.........My eternal favorite first revenge story is Vulcez's gem story "How Are You?" is a Romantic Revenge Story too.

However a revenge story author can use all three weapons well and a good Cruel Revenge story may be very good for example: BigK10's " ...And Stay There!" or

a good Modern Figaro type Revenge story too: FrancisMacomber's "Six O'clock News Slot". Moreover a revenge story author can increase a Cruel or Modern Figaro type Revenge story with Romantic Revenge mainly in a LONGER EPILOG!!!! .

Layne_MichaelsLayne_Michaelsover 9 years ago

Love it! I have never understood how it can be rationalized as "just sex" for one and then when the spouse goes out and does it or even brings it up as a way to get even then it has a totally different meaning. Great job with the phone conversation between the two women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not a great friend at all

She claimed that Mike was her friend as well but she knew about vicky cheating and never told him

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
@Anon below

I was all set to disagree with you, but upon re-reading to first chapter, I see that you were correct! Emily DID know about Vicky cheating, and said NOTHING to poor old Mike! When she learned about the divorce, she said; "Oh no, Mike must have found out about Vicky's.....indiscretions."

Some friend, indeed. She withholds the fact that his wife is cheating on him, from Mike. Then, she makes a play for the husband of 'Her best friend', while the corpse of that marriage is still bleeding out! Not as 'sweet and nice' as we are led to believe!

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 9 years ago
@krosis666 07/22/15

Damn'it Krosis, I didn't really think of Emily's betrayal of Mike until now. I have to agree, she was a snake in the grass, no true friend at all to Mike since she knew of the affair.

Story goes from a 5* to 1* just that quick.

Morgan DeWolfe

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago

i think its a good story and Vicky get what she deserve and Emily i think she gets what she deserve because Emily have seance of morality loyalty and have trust and faith in a husband wife relation and sweet Vicky she have nun so good work keep it up

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Meh

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@MorganDeWolfe 07/29/15

Agree completely!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Again, Hahaha!

This was like a ride at the fair.

Short, exciting and fun.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Loved it!

You have the muse for whese wonderful short, yet complete, tales.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 7 years ago
I Also Loved it

Great short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic Story!!!

It started off slow, but finished strongly! I loved the way Emily got in her digs while seemingly supportive of her cheating friend. She certainly didn't pull any punches! Can you tell whose side she was really on??? She still stuck to her principals, even waiting four more months. What a gal!!

Still smiling at the ending...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

The CHEATING wife is upset that her friend is going after her soon-to-be ex?

Let's see. Vicky doesn't see the big deal that she fucks another man in the MARRIAGE BED, but gets pissed off that another woman might be fucking him? LOL, Emily said the same thing!

In spite of what she said, I was sure she would turn to Mike after she hung up!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@krosis & @Morgan

Yes, I just posted something similar on the first part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bland

The plot was straight forward and thin. The characters were cartoonish. There was no real ending. The epilogue was unnecessary as this was possibly the most important action of the whole story and should remain in the body of the story. Btw, Mike is supposed to be a great catch but he dithers for weeks and shows up at 3:00AM in his underoos? Seems like a douche to me. This story is a mess. You can do much better based on your other stories. 3 stars. Sorry. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
10/30/11 Anonymous is an idiot!

This was an excellent story. Emily was a friend to both Vicky and Mike so she was divided on whether to tell Mike about Vicky's affair. I don't see any problem with her not telling Mike. The Anonymous is really brain dead and voted for Trump, confefe. What more can I say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Enjoyable read!

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
Wow!

Mike must have been some catch! Marriage to a Cattle and Oil Billionaire's daughter dumped her for cheating, she was served at work (what's a Billionaire's daughter working anyway? Then Emily (Beautiful no Stunningly Beautiful) then using her wiles gets Mike SHIT I WANT TO BE LIKE MIKE!!! Maybe Vicky needs comforting or her Daddys bank account Yep MIKE MUST BE A CATCH

THANKS FOR SHARING THIS FANTASTIC STORY WITH US! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Pennindy15Pennindy15over 6 years ago
Hmmm...

"Oh, God, no!", Emily gasped. "She must be devastated. ... Mike must have found out about her... her... indiscretions. How will she survive this. Oh, God. What is she going to do."

----------------------------------------------------------

She is either surprised that Mike found about Vicky, which Emily already knew about, or Emily was stating it out loud that way to throw off the people at her table. I still wouldn't put it past Emily to let Mike know anonymously what Vicky was up to. She possibly couldn't just tell Mike (since she was friends with both), but could let him find out for himself...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
EMILY STILL GETS JAKES COCK AND SHE GETS MIKE, TOO.

Stupid Vicky... She should KNOW to never trust a woman.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Emily

I think Emily got exactly.what she wanted, but Vicky didn't fall too far. Oil wells huh.

LoejtcLoejtcover 5 years ago
Say What!

“before the sun came up in Emily's bed”.Next to last sentence in next to last paragraph. I just got a chuckle out of the phrasing. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

ihope your still at it, been some time you posted story/ slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why do some post such absurd comments like anon 04/04/18.

Are they really that proud of their stupidity? Just wondering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seems Everyone Got

What they wanted; Mike and Emily got each other and Vicky kept getting drilled. Black Gold, Texas Tea. Who's to say that while Emily didn't actually tell Mike about Vicky's cheating, is she the one who made sure he was suspicious enough to find out? Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story only sorry Vicky didn't get punished

Go Emily

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago
epilog=

The epilogue seemed like a rushed afterthought. The story was fine till then.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Why did this guy stop writing? He is a genius.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

I was hoping that Mike found out that Emily knew of or suspected that Victoria was catting around and dump her ass as well.

gopher25gopher25almost 3 years ago

If you're going to pretend your charactors have Southern accents, at least know that y'all is plural, never used when referring to one pweson,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Gopher, you moron! Y’all is singular, all y’all is plural.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great writing and story telling. As ever with a great writer it isn't the story but the way the story is told -especially when there is a twinkle in the eye....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’ve read all your stories and they are great. Good work, I’ll be looking for more.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

That was pretty ok, don't be a single guy and reasonably attractive around single women. Or visa-versa!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

good series and scene. writing also

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wished Mike found out about Emily's prior knowledge to wife's infidelity before shacking up with her.

A good friend wouldn't let someone put themselves through that nonsense and then only be there to help pick up the pieces. She should've told him when she knew for sure that Vicky was committing adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fun! Another great story.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 STARS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Expand on story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OK story

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Emily knew so she's untrustworthy

need part 3

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 2 years ago

Doesn't sound like the cheater really loved her hubby or maybe it was just the dialogue. Typical mindset of a cheater to think the way she did. Its just too bad there was no reaction from the ex about his new relationship

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice dialogue, just like part 1. I’m a Southern boy so I could really hear Emily speak and understand her way of thinking. Good job.

shr

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Prequel and sequel for the price of one. I enjoyed the dialogue but was left feeling a bit unsatisfied.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

It seems like all the girls knew she cheated, even Emily. I bet if Mike found out he may not be that forgiving towards Em. Wasn't really clear on that part...

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

Four stars because too short.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

simple, straightforward

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961almost 2 years ago

short and too the the point five

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story, and well written, but there seems to be a big chunk of it missing. Like the whole divorce drama, the courtship of Emily. You know, little details like that. So I knocked off one star and only gave it four. It was a good, well written, story.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 1 year ago

There Was A Line

From The Mentalist episode 'If It Bleeds, It Leads' as Patrick Jane says "Hell hath no fury like a slut outflanked." Seems to fit Vicky to a capital T. *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"He, as well as you, is my friend and I hold my friendships in deep regard."

.

Oh, really? Think she'll tell her "friend" that she knew about it all along?

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Strong finish to a great story.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Emily seemed like she knew or suspected and Mike should've questioned that b4 hooking up with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well played, Emily.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Frantic/desperate sex is pretty great

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short. Succinct. Sweet.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 1 year ago

I like the story except for Emily's duplicitous nature. She knew that her friend Vicky was cheating and did nothing. She was no friend to Mike. She is a liar and acts like a good person, but really is not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I tend to think that Emily is not duplicitous. She had suspicions based on the office rumor mill but her reactions in the first chapter seem to confirm her suspicions, and while not wholly unexpected, she seems surprised Vicky could very so stupid and that she repeatedly cheated. If s friend gas suspicions, especially not beat or really close friends most people out of caution will not directly confront or bring their suspicions to light. Because doing so can be a mess or go horribly wrong. Yes Emily is scheming when handed an opportunity but she didn't cause this and suspicions are different than proof or confession.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

LMAO “Emily’s duplicitous nature” - is this a joke? She was absolutely honest with Vicky, and made it clear what she wanted. Vicky was duplicitous. If she hadn’t fucked around, Emily would have respected their marriage. In fact, she made it abundantly clear that she wouldn’t hook up with Mike until AFTER THE DIVORCE, both to Vicky and Mike. Duplicitous how, exactly?

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel8 months ago

Duplicitous in the sense that she supposedly cares for Mike, and says she's his friend as much as Vicky's, but she knew about V's cheating and didn't tell him. I don't think we know enough about their friendship to be able to judge on that count.

As to the scheming; no more so than any other woman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVulcez@Vulcez
Blues guitar playing, skiing, hiking junkie; I love classic rock music. I'm a veteran of that nasty Vietnam War and have made peace with my demons (well, most of them). Originally from Upstate NY now living in Colorado.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories