Friends First

Story Info
Two friends find a new closeness.
3.6k words
4.45
30.8k
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is very dear to me, I have finally found the courage to share it, enjoy, and please share your thoughts and comments...

~~~

This story does not contain sex (yet), so look elsewhere if you want a quick fix, otherwise, enjoy...

~~~

Jane waited on the corner; the bright, early summer sun warmed the stone column beside her. Her feet moved unconsciously, shuffling a bit nervously, waiting to see Colt after the entire school year apart.

She was worried he would look different, would act different, would have somehow changed after their time apart. She didn't want him to change, he was her best friend, someone she was comfortable around, and it would be horrible to lose that.

Colt made his way across the parking lot to their normal meeting spot, tension gathering in his body. He spotted Jane standing by their stone column and had to grin at her glazed expression. She was staring fixedly at the park bench several feet in front of her, obviously lost in thought.

He took a moment to study her. She looked like she hadn't changed a bit, though she had cut her hair shorter than the last time he had seen her. She wore a long, flowing skirt and a simple tank top, clothes that didn't draw attention to her almost perfect body.

He knew that there would not be a speck of make up on her face when he saw it, but to him she was the most beautiful girl in the world. His grin widened as he crossed the remaining distance between them, eager to see her.

Jane was so wrapped up in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Colt leaned against the stone next to her until he playfully jabbed her in side.

"Off in your own world again?" He asked teasingly, "Do I get a hug?" He added, holding open his arms.

"Colt!" Jane exclaimed, throwing her arms around his neck. "Hey you!"

"Hey." He replied, hugging her back tightly, face buried in the top of her sweet smelling hair, glad to see her again after so many months apart.

He inhaled that smell, exhaling deeply, taking in that scent so long missed and felt the heat surge through his body, quickly trying to suppress it.

Jane looked up into his face at the sound of his sighing breath and their eyes met for a long moment. She realized how close they still were and pulled back hastily, feeling a bit awkward and embarrassed.

What was the matter with her? This was Colt, they were the best of friends, everything was ok with him.

"How was the drive?" She asked to cover her awkward moment, confused by her reaction.

"Long." He replied, missing the warmth of her in his arms, and trying not to show it. She laughed, he smiled in reply. "I missed your laugh." he confessed, "E-mail just isn't the same as talking to you in person."

"I know what you mean; I missed you making me laugh."

"So what are we up to?"

"That's a good question..." She replied, teasing. He groaned.

"I always have to choose what we do."

"So? You should be used to it by now then."

"You're horrible..."

"I know, but you love me anyway... Now common, what are we doing?"

He stopped for a moment at her playful answer, and she froze at the look in his eyes before he quickly smoothed his face,

"Let's grab something to eat, I'm kind of hungry." He replied and started leading the way.

Jane realized her breathing had sped up slightly and quickly followed after him before she could examine why.

They ate at one of their favorite restaurants, a little family owned taco shop whose service was quick, and the food was cheap, but good. They caught up on how finals had gone and the havoc of packing up all of their stuff from their dorms to move back home for the summer.

When they had finished their food they made their way to the nearby park, still chatting cheerfully. The sun was still hot in the sky, though it had begun to make its sinking journey into the west.

As they made their way down the path next to the river Colt paused in their conversation to rub his neck hard, then tweaking his head from one side to the other to pop it.

"Sore?" Jane asked.

"Yeah," he admitted, "stiff from the drive still."

"Well, here, let me get at it."

"Nah, that's ok."

He tried to act nonchalant, but he felt himself tense at the idea of her soft, warm hands kneading over his flesh. Tensing made his neck muscles twinge in pain and he winced involuntarily; Jane noticed.

"Common you, I don't like you in pain, not when I can fix it."

She plunked herself down on one of the benches near the water with a stubborn look on her face and beckoned for him to do the same.

Colt sighed and sat beside her, there was no use in arguing further, Jane was probably the most stubborn person he had ever met.

She faced him away from her so that he straddled the bench and then got her knees up under her to lean into his neck and upper shoulders, kneading with her fingers and palms. Colt relaxed into her touch, feeling the knots begin to loose in the muscles of his neck, he closed his eyes and groaned low in his throat.

His mind suddenly presented him with the image of those soft, warm hands stroking over his body, running her fingers through his short, dark hair, straddling his lap, her hand slowly moving down to reach between their bodies...

He snapped his eyes open and focused on stopping his breathing from speeding up to match his heart rate, though he couldn't prevent the heat that had gathered in his body from shooting straight down to his cock, causing it to harden and grow down his pant leg uncomfortably.

"It's just a massage stupid!" He thought to himself, frustrated. "It means nothing; you know she just thinks of you as a 'big brother'." His mind gave the term some amount of scorn, "You will never be more than that."

Jane focused on working the muscles beneath Colt 's skin, losing herself in the motion and allowing her mind to wander.

She and Colt had been friends for a couple of years now, having met through a mutual friend at his birthday party. They didn't seem to have a lot in common, but they always seemed to have something to talk about, stories to share, and ideas to discuss. He was a firm and loyal friend, as well as simply a really good guy, she thought, better than almost any guy she'd ever known.

She felt Colt tense slightly under her hands and focused her attention back onto her task, kneading deeper into the muscles at the base of his neck, and then spreading her hands over his shoulders.

She had missed him when they had been at school this year, Colt was right, e-mail just wasn't the same. She missed seeing him, talking to him, spending time with him, going on these walks, joking and laughing with him. They hadn't even been able to see each other during breaks for various reasons.

She had been worried for awhile that she would lose his friendship, or at least that it would lessen, because of the distance, but if anything it had grown. Long talks online had led to some more personal topics, they had discussed their fears and dreams, and even their thoughts on love and sex. She had been surprised that they had had a lot of similar views on those things as well as the more innocent topics they had begun their friendship talking about.

She moved her hands down his back, massaging through his plain, white T-shirt, pressing her thumbs on either side of his spine as she moved further down until she could feel the waist of his blue jeans. She paused there for a moment, slowly massaging the muscles of his lower back, and then impulsively lifted the hem of his shirt and placed her hands on his bare skin.

She felt him tense again slightly and felt an answering tension gather in her belly. She had missed this too she realized, touching him, the hugs and casual touches that they shared. It felt good to touch him; she liked their skin together.

His was warm and surprisingly soft, slightly damp from the heat of the day. She splayed her fingers over it and moved them up his back slowly, bunching his T-shirt around her wrists.

Colt had begun to relax into the massage again, enjoying the feel of Jane's solid pressure against the middle and lower muscles of his back. He could feel her warm body close to his back, leaning over him to increase the pressure against his back. As always for him, having her touching him was sweet torture.

He loved having any excuse to put his arms around her, brush a hand down her shoulder, give her a massage when she was a bit sore, but her hands on him was something immeasurably better, and yet worse.

He knew she had no idea how much he wanted more, how much he wanted to touch her without having to try and make it seem only friendly, how much he wanted to taste her lips, pull her soft body against his and hold her tight and long.

He tried not to let these thoughts intrude too much on their time together, but there was really no way to stop them, all he could do was try his best to hide the raging hard on they usually left him with.

It wasn't so much that he was worried about ruining their friendship by trying something, he knew that they would be friends first and anything else second, but he had to admit it to himself, he was a bit of a coward.

He wanted her to make the first move; it wasn't enough for him just to want her and her to be accepting of it. He needed the reassurance that she wanted him as well; though after this long, he was beginning to doubt that anyone would ever want him, let alone the one he wanted.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realize that his shirt had been pulled up until he felt Jane's hands smooth over the skin of his lower back.

He tensed again involuntarily, especially given the thoughts that had just been in his head, then consciously relaxed himself and deepened his breath. Jane felt his breath catch and then deepen and couldn't resist teasing him lightly.

"If I didn't know better mister, I would say that you're enjoying this more than you should be."

It was a challenge of a sort, a way to see if these stirrings she was feeling has any basis, or any answer in him.

Colt took a breath, then another, his mind in turmoil. Was she just being teasing and flirty as she often was? Or was this something more?

"Ah, to hell with it." He told himself, "You won't know until you try."

"What if I am...?" he replied softly, his deep voice reverberating in his chest.

"Why would that be?" she answered, equally soft.

Her hands had paused, her attention focused on their conversation. She could almost feel herself beginning to tremble slightly; this was new, this could change everything. She was a bit scared, but she realized there was excitement there too, she wanted this to happen.

"Because I like you touching me." He admitted.

"Why?"

"Because it feels good."

She smiled slightly at that, his usual simple, truthful answer that was both adorable and slightly frustrating.

"But why boyo? Can you try and explain it?"

Colt sighed, searching for the words.

"It's just... Your hands are soft and warm; when you touch me, it relaxes me, calms me, makes me feel comforted."

"Does it make you feel anything else?"

He took a deep breath,

"Yes." he said simply.

Jane didn't press him this time, but sat herself behind him on the bench so that her chest was touching his back. She slid her hands, still against his bare skin, around his sides and over his stomach, and then began to move them up his chest, exploring him slowly.

Colt couldn't help himself, he leaned back against her and moaned deep in his throat, feeling her arms encircle him, her soft warm hands stroking over his flesh, just as he had imagined so many times.

"Feel good...?" She whispered up to his ear.

He nodded vigorously and she laughed at his playfulness. He grinned, he loved making her laugh.

She continued to move her hands up his body, over his rib cage and up to his well-shaped chest. As she brushed over the stiff tips of his nipples she heard him hiss in pleasure and hesitated there, briefly flicking them back and forth a couple times.

Colt moaned helplessly, all but slumped in her arms, leaning him head back against Jane's shoulder. She turned her mouth towards his ear and giggled slightly, she really liked having this effect on him.

"Do you like that Colt? Do you like me playing with your nipples?" she whispered hotly in his ear and took his earlobe in her mouth, sucking gently, then biting it as she pinched his nipples between her thumbs and forefingers.

He shuddered against her, then shook himself and pulled her hands from under his shirt. Straightening himself he turned to face her on the bench.

"You're horrible." he said, breathing heavily.

"I know," Jane replied, grinning.

"What's gotten into you?" he replied, a teasing tone in his voice.

"I don't know." she answered honestly, "But I think we both know it's been coming for awhile."

He nodded at that, then stood up from the bench and offered her a hand. She took it, puzzled, and allowed him to lead her to her feet. When she stood he drew her into his arms and wrapped them tightly around her.

This hug was different from the one they had shared earlier; their bodies pressed together, chest to chest, belly to belly, arms wrapped tightly around each other. Both were very aware of everywhere they touched, of the warmth radiating from the other through the thin fabrics separating them.

Jane tucked herself inside that embrace and rested her head on the broad chest in front of her, feeling immensely and utterly safe within those arms.

They both inhaled and sighed deeply, enjoying this new depth of closeness. Colt drew back first this time, though stayed close, running a hand down her arm and back up again, exploring the idea, the concept, of being allowed to touch her in such a way.

His other hand came up to stroke down her hair and cradle her face, she leaned slightly into that touch, her bright, blue eyes had a smoky look in them as they looked up into his deep, brown ones.

He brought his fingers underneath her chin and tilted her head up slightly as he brought his lips down to hers like he had wanted to do for so long. She met him with her own, wrapping her hand around his neck to encourage him to come even closer.

The kiss was tentative, but oh so sweet. His lips were full and soft, they molded over hers and they both inhaled deeply at the rich sensations that flooded their bodies.

They exhaled in a mutual sigh and Jane wrapped both her arms snugly around his neck, pressing her body against his. He folded her in his arms again, tilting his head to deepen the kiss as she rested her head onto his shoulder.

Jane pulled back slightly and Colt broke the kiss. Jane looked up to catch a glimpse of a fire burning in his eyes equal to the one she felt scorching her insides before he brought his mouth swiftly back to hers.

The kiss was harder this time, more urgent, though surprisingly still slow and sweet. He pulled her even tighter against him and she loved it. He kissed her as though that's what he wanted to do all day, as if he could never get enough, as if he never wanted to stop.

She grinned against his mouth and he pulled back somewhat reluctantly and asked her,

"What?"

"Nothing." She replied, still smiling up at him. "I just have the feeling you've wanted to do this for a while."

He nodded enthusiastically again and her grin widened. His answering smile was just as wide before he dipped his lips back to hers. She allowed only a brief kiss this time before pulling back and asking,

"Why haven't you done anything before now then?"

"I didn't think you wanted it." He replied honestly.

He ran a hand up her back and down her arm, he couldn't seem to stop touching her, didn't even want to try.

"I didn't know that I did," She laughed slightly, "but I'm glad that I found out."

"Me too." He said before she brought herself back up to his lips.

An involuntary shiver caught her as they kissed and she quivered against him. She realized that the sun has sunk below the tree line and the air had taken on a distinct chill.

"Cold?" Colt asked, pulling back and smiling cheekily.

He knew that she got cold very easily and always teased her about it. She snuggled even deeper into his arms and he wrapped them tightly around her.

"You're warm." She mumbled into his shoulder. His chuckle vibrated against her.

"That doesn't answer my question." He replied.

"Yes, I'm cold." She admitted, "But I don't want to go yet."

In the past their time together had been limited to these walks in the park until dark when they would go their separate ways.

"We could go somewhere else." Colt said tentatively, knowing what she was thinking.

"Where?" She asked, looking up at him.

He couldn't help himself, he brought his mouth back to hers, reveling in the softness of her lips. She leaned into his kiss, and then shifted her mouth slightly to gently suck his lower lip into her mouth.

The sensation of her hot mouth kneading his sensitive lip caused him to moan helplessly. She released his lip slowly, though stayed close, and he almost whined at the loss of her lips against his.

"Where?" She asked again, her lips brushing his as she spoke.

He tried to bring his lips back to hers again, but she laughed slightly and ducked away, teasing him. Now he did whine and she laughed outright, reaching up to give him a brief kiss before wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning back to look up into his face.

"You are very easily distracted you know." She teased.

"I can't help it, you're very distracting."

He let his eyes travel down her form, his mind stroking his hands over where his eyes roved. He met her gaze again, grinning at the awareness in her eyes.

"Let's go up to your car." He said.

"Ok, that works."

Neither of them seemed to want to let go of the other, so Jane wrapped an arm around his waist and Colt wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked back to the parking lot where both of their cars waited.

He allowed her to guide him to her car, a well-loved, little, red Honda, and they separated to climb into different sides.

Jane slid in behind the wheel and gripped it, hard, as she waited for Colt to get in the passenger side. Her old fears and insecurities were pushing their way to the surface and even the brief loss of his touch and their conversation had her mind scrabbling, disbelieving.

Colt settled himself into the passenger seat and immediately notices Jane's tension. He sighed to himself, then leaned over the awkward gap separating them to pull her into his embrace.

Jane sighed into his shoulder and tried to relax, the E-brake was digging into her side, but she didn't want to move. His arms were so enveloping, his warmth calming, and she couldn't stop her free hand as it began stroking up and down his bare forearm.

He pulled back slightly and slanted his mouth across hers. Her worries and doubts flew from her head at the desire in his kiss, the want. She responded with equal hunger, wanting more of him, all of him, with an urgency that surprised her.

She pressed against him, almost crawling into his lap in her desire to be closer, their insistent kisses never stopping. She flicked her tongue over his lips and into his mouth and he moaned slightly before coming back and thrusting his tongue into her mouth again and again.

She clutched at his arms, loving the sensation of his slick tongue stroking over hers, of his arms around her, his hands clutching at her waist as he devoured her mouth.

She could feel a pool of warmth gathering between her legs, and an answering length of scalding heat throbbed against her thigh.

She could never before remember getting this turned on by just kissing and touching, or remember ever being kissed and touched by someone who enjoyed it this much.

12