All Comments on 'Friends with Benefits'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
rodavrodavover 7 years ago
I love this story

How I wish I have this kind of experience. The very intimate moment with Charlotte is very erotic. It was also erotic to have sexual intercourse to a married mother in her own son's bed.

Wish you could continue with second chapter with them together again. With some humor about Joe sniffing Charlotte's dirty panties and she gets embarrassed that it might have a musky scent and they both tease and laugh about it. Or Charlotte not wearing panties under her skirt in a party and accidentally flashed Joe her pussy and they smiled to each other after they realized what just happened. Or occasional threesome of Joe, Kathy and Charlotte while Rob is away in business, with Rob's approval of course.

Just a thought. What do you think?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
HOT STORY

Thanks for a sex filled story finally here.IMPO and his little boys book club will hate it but just ignore them and hope you write again.Thanks

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Decent story , competently and efficiently told, that was a pint low on pizzazz

My standard for a great short story is that it have three great scenes , no weak ones. There weren't any runt segments in my estimation, swingerjoe is usually too savvy a writer to slip egregiously in that regard. Yet the characters didn't fully spark for me and everyone was too like-minded for too long to clash and generate tension. " Tears and fears and feeling proud " sang Joni Mitchell .

This was successful venture into swinging with minor off key closing note. That's valid for life with all principals being honest and upfront, but it doesn't make for story of first rank. No tears ? Fine. But in terms of drama , one of the characters could have had trepidations before or after extramarital liaisons to up the compelling quotient.

I'm thinking of John Irving 's 158 Pound Marriage novel and his riff on wife swapping. That's a high standard to hold swingerjoe to , but I wouldn't do it if he didn't have the potential to take his pet theme to next level. This story was better then most, but this author can do better. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
DISAGREEMENTS ALLOWED

This was a fun read. Light and lively and an honest interaction at the restaurant.

5 Star

EuphoniusEuphoniusover 7 years ago
Well Joe, not too bad, as it is easy to see you were intent on

working on ramping up the erotic content. Can't be faulted for that. Unapologetically skipping over the tension? OK, I get it. This is supposed to be the retelling of a few "highlights" from a (we are compelled by you to assume) best case scenario swinger experience. Fine.

Buhhhh-utt.....

Here's the thing. While you DO have (character) Joe and Kathy sharing intimacy throughout, the prime focus here is on her sex with Rob, and Joe's sex with Charlotte. I remember how (in the past) you have complained that straight forward marital sex descriptions are boring, so from that POV, I guess it is understandable why you wrote it that way. But going back to your FIRST essay on Swinging Basics 101, you mention that part of the thrill of open marriage is seeing it as a path to making the marital sex even BETTER. Previously, this is a concept that I have had a lot of confusion over. It is hard to see exactly how, without just taking your word for it that it can, and often does.

So maybe I was hoping that this would be a story that SHOWED, not TOLD that things were better; hotter. I guess I might have preferred more BALANCE between the bouts of swapping sex, with more bouts of married sex. So he gets a hot BJ from Kathy while driving? That's all you needed to report? There wasn't more?

Here's an example of a missed opportunity. You mention why swallowing was such a turn on for Joe: Kathy had largely denied him this. But Charlotte is all about it. OK,

THEN you tell us that Kathy is competitive in nature. Perhaps Joe's experience with Charlotte would help Kathy to see how much Joe valued this intimacy, and made a change for the better of the relationship. But it seemed that never happened. I guess, regardless of subject matter, I have always felt that LW stories should be written where the focus is on the MARRIAGE, firstly! This is a story where the focus remained solely on the exchanges with the other couple. That is fine for an author to pursue, but as you well know, there is another, perhaps BETTER category for that. Relax, this is no "wrong category" argument. I too am weary of those discussions. But, if you haven't realized that the majority of readers come here for stories about complicated marital scenarios, then you haven't learned much.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I felt that this could have been improved with more BALANCE shown between the extra-marital and the marital. Comparison and contrast? More dialogue written out instead of just described (we talked) between the main characters. See, that is my problem, Charlotte and Rob felt like the focus. And all along it should have been a pure spotlight on Joe and Kathy, with the experiences of Charlotte and Rob providing mere background support, instead of stealing all the attention, as written.

That said, I think you will find that a good deal of readers DID enjoy this story, and basically, I did too. Which is funny, because I don't agree with any of the motivations of any of the characters. Perhaps, that is why I always look for more of a introspective journey, rather than just a breakdown of genital contact.

Ah, too each his own. LSD is right. You could do better, but there is nothing wrong with being happy with what you have contributed here in this story. No doubt, it is much better written than a lot of what appears here.

Enjoy it for what it is.

EuphoniusEuphoniusover 7 years ago
I should clarify...

WHY I (quote) "basically enjoyed" this story is because it DID seem:

a) realistically described

b) plausible (actions and feelings)

c) written with technical proficiency (spelling, grammar, phrasing, etc,)

Those really are the hallmarks of some who CAN write.

So, thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Difficult to cleanse the palate

With a turd sandwich. SJ is among the least competent writers on the site. You should stick to pushing cheating on other peoples' stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lacking

Not a single original thought or sentence in the entire mess. You don't seem to have the slightest idea of what's erotic. A description of sheep fucking would have been as entertaining. Making comments about other writers lacking originality seems to be what you do best. From reading your comments, I thought you must be some writing guru. Come to find out, you can't even write a stroke story. What a steaming pile of shit.

javmor79javmor79over 7 years ago
Not my type of story, but well done.

Well written, and well executed. However, it lacked tension, as you said. Still, it wasn't your intent to tell a story with tension, or a problem to be overcome. A simple, fun stroke story was your goal, and you accomplished that. So well done.

Of course, my type of story is one that has a problem to be solved, and the emotional tension of someone trying to overcome some kind of obstacle. But, I won't score you on my preferences. I will just say good job, and keep them coming.

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
An unremarkable story

And that is the most remarkable thing about it -- just how unremarkable it is.

Here we have people enjoying sexual behaviour that would be frowned upon by a large proportion of society. And yet it is described as so perfectly normal in this story.

As others have said, there was nothing particularly exciting happened, LordSlamDawgg described it as having little pizzazz. There wasn't even enough to attract the usual Joe haters to the commentary.

It reminded me of some of the sweet but rather dull stories we occasionally see in the LW section; of a husband and wife enjoying sex together -- perfectly normal behaviour.

Lue

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all who commented

Luedon, "unremarkable" was exactly what I was going for! I've grown weary of all the tension and drama in the LW category, and wanted to write a simple story where no one ends up divorced, dead, or otherwise damaged. As I wrote at the end, real life tends to unfold without all that drama -- at least in my experience.

I'll return to drama, depth, and meaning soon enough. I just needed a little break, and this fond memory provided me with that.

I thanked Euphonius privately, but I want to express publicly that he had some great advice, and I now wish that I had sent him a copy of my story before I published it. Although I wanted to write this lighthearted version, his version would have been so much more interesting!

I appreciate javmor79 and LSD's comments as well. I did notice that the admins removed a couple of comments, which is a shame because I didn't have a chance to read them. I can only assume that they were both flattering and supportive!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To have some guy, not even a nice guy think of my wife as just a piece of ass.

To be honest I don't think you are a nice guy, but glad I don't have your marriage, if you are still married.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
A good story, but @swingerjoe said someting wrong in the introduction...

A good story, but @swingerjoe said someting wrong in the introduction...This story wasn't free of drama...In the end there was a small drama when the friend showed his true colors...Nothing big, but nevertheless he and his wife were both "livid" with his text...3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done. Swinging is stupid, but your story made it seem acceptable for those in the need.

I suspect your story, in keeping with it being fiction, portrayed the entire experience as balanced and honest and reasonable. True, in the end Rob wanted to cheat, so he has probably done that before, and/or will in the future, showing his true disrespect for Charlotte and their marriage. It also calls into question the wisdom of not using condoms, since it is likely Rob has not been exclusive with Charlotte. But then that begs the question, how can anyone trust anyone else in the swinging lifestyle. I mean, the whole point is that sex is more important to the participants than marriage vows, self-respect, and human dignity. Promiscuity is normal for (some) animals, not civilized people.

Still, the writing was well done, the fictional plot believable, and the characters were realistic.

So thanks for an interesting, if improbable, description of a totally guiltless and honest swinging experience. I hope all of yours have been that way, and continue. But probably not.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years agoAuthor
@ the last Anony

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh. Truth is always stranger than fiction. I suspect that many of the readers here would be shocked and amazed at what happens outside of their bedroom doors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Oh, that was so sweet!

But.... meh.

kafkafover 7 years ago
Not bad

I've read a lot worse here and frankly some of the comments are ridiculous.

It was a believable story, reasonably well told and not not just the usual "wham bam thank you mam" crap we normally get served here.

A couple of stupid mistakes did jar: "grinded" instead of "ground"; "peak" instead of "peak" and the mistake everyone on this site makes, "lay" instead of "lie".

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NOT MY TYPE OF STORY BUT WELL DONE. (Javmor79 said the same in his comment on 09/30/16.) swingerjoe is a very good writer & i will read some other stories of his

This story deserves more than 4 stars. I gave it a 4+ [☆☆☆☆+ (4.45/5.0 = 89% = B)]

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Sweet story

This was a great change of pace and one of my favorites. I'm getting fed up with the BTB stories. This was refreshing and realistic, solid 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it

Times like this I wish I could remember my old membership pass word, so I wouldn't have to comment as 'Anonymous'.

I loved this story because it was so close to the experiences my wife and I had during the years we had sex with various couples we were friends with. We started at 22 and stopped at 47. No real reason, we just stopped sharing sex. She passed away at 52 (cancer) and I am left with wonderful memories, not the least of them being our good times sexually. This story made me smile.

Thank you..

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
No

Your usual very good writing Joe, but I can't get into sharing.

goo_neiggoo_neig6 months ago

Lovely reading that.

Thank you for posting it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...