All Comments on 'Fringe Benefits'

by Merla

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
MushromMushromabout 20 years ago
Awesome!

Oh my gosh, where to begin! Erotic, poignant, and sad... all at the same time.

Have we not all thought about being with a past lover, either for sex, or to try and reclaim what was lost? This story shows how "you can never go home again", from the point of view of a woman.

I loved this story, and have to admit, I hated the guy at the end. But then again, looking into it, maybe he was afraid of the same thing as the narator was, so held himself back as well.

I recommend this story to everybody... it is wonderfully emotional, something sadly lacking in most stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
I can so relate

I can so relate to your story. It turned me on and made me remember being in that posistion. Please continue to write.

snorkelsnorkelabout 20 years ago
Loved it

Very well put. I have a friend and we did the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
good job

Merla is a very good WRITER. Enjoyed the piece very much, here in cold Ohio.

ronckronckabout 20 years ago
great story

Merla

Your story brought back thoughts and emotions I haven't had for a long time. Great descriptive writing.

walkingeaglewalkingeagleabout 20 years ago
Great Story!

I really enjoyed this! Merla takes us through the full range of emotions. The sex is hot but not as passionite without the love, she allows us to draw our own conclusions--great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Hot Hot Hot

I liked this story the first time she submitted it and i still like it

AnimeHimekoAnimeHimekoabout 20 years ago
Really great

That was so well-written, and very true. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
An eye-opener

Magnificent story. I'm definitely going to keep on eye on more of your stories here on Literotica. Although there are many good writers on this site, most are male and incidently written from a male point of view. Now, I'm not male-bashing here, I'm just remarking that it's refreshing to read a story written from such a talented woman's point of view. Again, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to more of your contributions.

cpipcpipabout 20 years ago
Marvelously bittersweet.

Erotic, and yet painful. Sex isn't always pure joy, and it's nice to see it depicted realistically.

docsonardocsonarabout 20 years ago
Outstanding

"...She gave up and frantically reached down to touch herself. Just a few nudges with her finger at her clit and she went over the edge. Her other hand dug her claws into his back as hard as she could and she gasped louder than she had all night. He whole body went rigid as the feelings pulsated through her. She felt her muscles clenching him over and over. She became vaguely aware that he gave a few last thrusts into her before grabbing handfuls of the sheets and leaning his full weight on her as he orgasmed. Eyes shut, face contorting, she felt him shuddering against her with his breath held until at last he lay still and collapsed on top of her. They both took deep breaths and lay there with their eyes closed, feeling nothing but the final incredible release from strain and another body touching them...."

Excellent imagery, description and sequence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
It hurt to relate

I can relate to this...I've just recently become friends with benefits with my best friend and even though we've agreed no actual sex becuase I'm going to try and stay a virgin as long as possible (I do have morals), we've still done stuff and when/if we stop and go back to normal friends it's going to be so differant and it hurts that he only sees me as something he can use when I've loved him for almost 6 years and he knows it...

tabbertabberover 19 years ago
Painted the picture

Merla is one of the most talented authors to ever pen a story. She is truly an artist that skillfully painted the picture as she wrote the story of the two "friends" that shared so much. Erotic, yet somewhat sad at the same time.

Merla, please write more!

tabbertabberabout 5 years ago
Great story. Have you written anymore?

I "knew" you from online way back when you posted this and followed you a bit on MySpace if that tells you how long ago that was! Just curious of how life turned out for you. Have you written anything else?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am confused. I have been in FWB relationships. They have been happy and sexual at the same time.

FWB, in my book, should not be merely "Acquaintances with Benefits" or "AWB"

His behaviour is withholding and nasty. As epitomized by "It didn't matter to him anymore. He wasn't obligated. It had just been fucking."

I sense, and am sorry if this is the case, that you have been in a FWB relationship that was not happy friends with the benefit of intimate relations, but something. much frostier.

Initially, I gave this story a 3-star rating. I have changed it to 5 stars as it taught me something that i did not know. Your story alerts me and every reader there are people out there who are in a frosty sexual relationships that are AWBs, not FWBs.

Thank you,

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the story and how the differences between the the then where there was love and the now where there mostly isn’t except for the memories. It’s also similar to what remains in a marriage after she cheats even for just 2 nights 35 years ago and then feels guilty and tells you 33 years ago. What’s left for the guy is knowing that every night that she’s not in the mood and won’t have sex with you - she still had sex with that other guy years ago without a problem. He still has a problem almost every time trying to have an erection and then sex with her and then cum inside of her while trying not to picture the other guy inside of her. Also not calling her name during sex. Also not feeling it’s making love anymore -just sex. Also feeling a sense of loss in their relationship every time they have sex as well as every they don’t have sex when one of them wants to. Reminds me of the Righteous Brothers’ song “Lost That Loving Feeling”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She sounds like a pill. She comes off like a shrieking harpy going on about sexual morals probably placed on her by others that she has never given proper consideration. Women can acknowledge and explore their sexuality with associating it with shame or the relinquishment of power, and they can choose to have sex in situations in which they feel comfortable. Sure, her ex was laying it on thick, trying to get her sexually riled up, but he didn't coerce or force her into anything, and we don't have cause to believe that he would have. It sounds like she already knew that a FWB situation would not bring her the kind of satisfaction she wants and she wouldn't be comfortable with it, yet she did it anyway. That's on her.

Why on earth would she perform oral sex on a man who refuses to perform it on her and then bemoan that it makes her feel used? That was her choice to make.

I have never been in a FWB relationship where my sexual partner would have ignored me if I cried - before, during, or after sex, or not even in relation to sex. We would no longer be friends. It doesn't sound like either of these characters know what real FWB is like.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous