Game of Power Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He murmured, "I know everything you feel. I know that whenever we touch, the surface of your skin tickles. I know, even though I'm a stranger, your wolf is calmer than ever when I'm next to you."

Airami watched as he brought her hand up to his lips and brushed a kiss to the back of her hand. She shuddered as goosebumps rose on her skin and a shiver shot down her spine. Her wolf whined at the gentle touch; she wanted so much more than just that. She wanted his lips everywhere on her body, but her stubbornness wouldn't allow her to openly admit it.

His voice was just above a whisper, "I know where ever I kiss you, a chill runs down your back and you're nearly frozen in place. Yearning to have more."

He gently pulled her hand to his chest and the rest of her body followed. When she was close enough, he wrapped his arms around her in a secure embrace. Airami allowed herself to rest her head on his chest, the rhythm of his heartbeat was drumming in her ear.

She was terrified. She hadn't allowed anyone to be this close to her. It was like he was able to read her mind without having access to their fragile bond. The only person who fully understood her was her own brother, but they had over five hundred years together. She had barely known Colton for more than a full day.

"You know too much." She whispered.

"Only because the same things are happening to me, too." He assured her, running a hand over the back of her head. "I wish we had mated at our Recognition. But, I respect the way you want to do this. If it's your trust I have to earn, then I'm more than happy to prove myself to you."

Ignoring his advances would be so much easier if he would stop them altogether. He was so different than anyone she had been with previously. She had had many partners over the years, but the criterion was always the same. They were arrogant and cocky pack members who needed to know their place. They were beneath her and she made sure they knew it. She used them for her own pleasure and kicked them out of her bed when she was finished.

Colton was her equal and he was the sweetest man she had ever met. She was used to being abrasive because her pack would walk all over her if she wasn't. Even in passing, the general atmosphere of the Crawford Pack was much more casual and friendly.

Airami nuzzled her nose against his shirt, inhaling his scent deeply. Whether she liked the situation or not, he was the reason why she was here. Being her mate, he was supposed to be her other half. She couldn't see how; they were completely different. But she supposed it was going to take time. A lot of time.

"So Miss Windsor," Colton began, "If you insist on being stubborn, you can take the bed. I'll sleep on the couch for now, I guess."

She smirked into his chest. This was going to be much easier than she expected.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This story will be finished; please do not think I've ever given up on it. Obviously writing has taken much longer than planned, and I apologize for the wait. I do try to keep periodic updates on my profile on where I am in the writing progress, so you can always check there. Let me know what you think of the story/characters in the comments; I love hearing what everyone thinks!