Game Set and Match Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wkd_Macey
Wkd_Macey
440 Followers

She helped me over to the bench and sat me there while she dabbed my ankle and foot with the towel. "Let's leave your sock off," she suggested. There was a loving kindness in her voice that I felt I should trust, but there had been far too many innuendo and intrusions into my personal space for one day, and I was simply too mentally taut to think clearly.

Julie popped my shoe and sock into my bag, saying, "Wait here for a minute."

She picked up both bags and headed for the door. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'll just put these into the car and I'll be back to help you out," she told me.

"It's OK." I told her. "I'll be OK."

"Really?" she replied, unconvinced, cocking her head to one side. "OK. Walk over to me," she challenged.

I got up and tried to put my foot to the floor. "Owww..." I cried out, dropping back to the chair. It was at that precise moment when I finally lost my tussle with the tears.

She dropped the bags where she stood and ran back over to me, kneeling to give me a hug where I sat. "Listen Katie," she soothed. "It's going to hurt for a while... Where's that ice Sarah!" she called out aside. "We'll get you some ice on it and I'll give you a ride home. You can keep it up for the rest of the day, and tomorrow you'll wonder what all the fuss was about."

Sarah appeared as if from nowhere, clutching a polythene bag, loosely filled with ice, which she passed to Julie. "We'll wrap a towel around it to keep it cool," she said. "Does it hurt more one side than the other?"

"No. All over," I replied, still sobbing softly.

"OK, well I'll tie this up where the swelling appears to be, and you keep moving it around." She bound her towel around it like a massive bandage, tying it off with a spare belt. "You feeling OK now?" I nodded silently. "Right, I'll go and put the things in the car. OK?" she said. She hesitated, "OK?" she repeated, waiting for my reply.

"Yes... OK. Thanks," I said. I felt subdued. I knew she was trying to help but I still felt I was being forced into the situation. When she came back she slid an arm around me and with my arm around her shoulder she helped me to hobble to her car. There was that perfume again, delicate yet alluring. In any other situation I might have turned to kiss her, but right then I was in no state of mind to want anything but to get away.

The journey back to my house took less than three minutes, with me leaning forward most of the way, nursing my injury and wondering how I would cope with getting from her car to my house. I considered giving my mum a call and asking her to come out to meet me, but she probably wouldn't be home anyway. Besides, Julie would probably think that rude. She had already done so much to help me, and she was there with me after all.

Julie pulled car up smoothly outside my house, saying, "OK, you sit there. I'll come round and help you out."

"I'm OK thanks," I replied.

"No you're not," she smiled kindly. She reached across to give me a comforting hug but with everything else that had happened my mind was working overtime and I wondered if she might try to kiss me. Despite all that had gone before, I might even have wanted that had we been anywhere else, but right outside my house? I was afraid my mum might see so I put my hands up in defence as I backed away. I regretted it almost immediately seeing the hurt look on her face, especially after all she had done to help me, but I justified it to myself in that I simply couldn't risk being seen sitting in a car in broad daylight, kissing a woman outside my own house, after having gone out on an unusual day to play tennis; well, at any time really.

Julie seemed to shrug it off. She climbed out and came around to the passenger side, opening my door to help me out. "You hold the ice on that," she told me, "and I'll see if I can carry you."

"No, it's OK. I think I can put my weight on it now. Thank you for helping with it... and for everything else," I said. She put an arm around me again to help me hobble to my door, but this time I avoided my arm around her. I was still conscious of the sexual implications of the last hour, and I felt I needed to escape it completely, if only just to clear my mind.

She put me down on the step. "Are we OK for next week?" she asked. I looked up at her. All of her previous composure and self assuredness seemed to have melted away. She now looked almost lost and uncertain of herself.

"I'll have to see," I replied. "I don't know how this will be," I said, raising my leg. She knew it was an excuse but she smiled; a weak, ambivalent smile, as she turned to go back to the car for my things. As I opened the front door, I called out to see if there was anyone in, but there was no reply.

"Can I have your phone number then?" she asked as she returned, putting my bag down for me in the hallway.

"I'll try to make it next week," I replied, evading the question.

"OK," she agreed, looking forlorn. "Be sure to keep that raised, she added... and keep the ice on it for as long as you can. At least half an hour."

"I will. Thanks."

She looked as if she was about to move forward to give me a hug, but she must have changed her mind. I almost wished she had done. I would have kissed her then, knowing there was no-one to see us, but I couldn't make the move myself, and I had clearly killed off any motivation for Julie to initiate a kiss.

"Bye then," she said simply, as she hesitantly turned to leave.

"Bye," I said, so quietly I'm not even sure if she heard me.

I hobbled in, almost hopping my way to the front room to watch her go. She must have waited in her car for five minutes or more before driving off, and she seemed to have her head in her hands. I cursed myself quietly for being so foolish, so contrary and afraid. I had been a stupid, scared little girl and I hated myself for it. Now it was out of reach, I so wanted that kiss, but I could hardly hobble back out there.

I hoped that she might come and knock the door again but she didn't. I almost cried as I saw her car pull away. I've ruined it, I thought to myself as I hopped to the big chair in the room, pulling a foot stool up in front. It was only then that I realised I still had her towel wrapped around my ankle. 'I would have to return it, wouldn't I,' I smiled.

... To be continued...

Thank you for reading my story. I sincerely hope you have enjoyed it.

In recognition for my effort, please be kind enough to give a score. I really do appreciate it. Also, if you have any thoughts that you would like to share, please leave a comment below.

Thank you.

Wkd_Macey
Wkd_Macey
440 Followers