Gamers Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,314 Followers

It didn't bother me very much. I wasn't in any hurry to get her back in her bed. Skype sex with Jazz had probably spoiled me for a while. Mostly I just didn't know where my head was. It was very satisfying to feel about her the way I did, but she had a point. I couldn't build my life around a computer screen.

Midnight brought that home to me. Les and Lucy were together. Gerry and Trisha were now a couple. Max and Vee were dating - although at the moment they were both concentrating on Angie.

Of all people, it was Kasia who came to wish me a Happy New Year first. She gave me a chaste kiss on the cheek, and I gave her a brotherly hug in return. Les and Lucy joined us a moment later, initiating another round of kisses and embraces. Then Vee came over. She gave me a kiss and a hug, too.

- "Angie okay?" I asked.

- "She's taking it hard. But she does seem to be more worried about what people will think than she is about losing Rick."

- "Rick the Dick." I said.

- "That sounds about right." she said, with a smile.

Then I told Vee how delighted Jazz had been with her Christmas gift. "I knew she liked Amazons, but she actually loves it - and I think it's in large part because of your cards. Thank you again, Vee."

- "Listen, Dean. Can you spare any time for a coffee, or something?" she said. "I need your help with something."

- "Sure. Day after tomorrow okay?"

She nodded. "Thanks."

New Year's Eve parties are often one big anti-climax after midnight, unless you're with somebody. Couples have their own agendas, of course, but for a single guy or girl it can be a bit of a downer. I bailed out relatively early, and went home to check my email, and to write one to Jazz, with my interpretation of the night's events.

Two nights later I met Vee at a small piano bar. She had opted for a drink, instead of coffee. She was already there when I arrived. We greeted each other with a hug, and then sat down.

I could tell that something was bothering her. She kept her head down, for the most part. I noticed that she was wearing a little bit of makeup - Max's influence, I supposed. Just a little mascara drew attention to her light blue eyes, and soft lipstick highlighted her small, rosebud mouth. She looked delicate, compared to Angie.

Vee's hair also seemed a bit blonder than I remembered. It was still mostly straw-coloured, but with blonde streaks here and there. I couldn't compare her to Kasia; Vee was softer, more vulnerable, and innocent. She brought out my protective instincts.

She was obviously having trouble bringing up the subject she wanted to discuss, so I tried to help her.

- "Is it money, Vee? Are you having financial problems?"

- "No. Not money. In fact, I'm in pretty good shape. Better than I have been for a while."

- "That's good. Something about school?" I asked.

- "No. My classes are great."

- "Your apartment? Your roommates?"

- "No." she said. "It's about Max." She looked up at me, with her lips pursed.

- "Oh. What's wrong with Max?" I felt a bit uncomfortable. I considered Vee a friend, but Max and I went back a decade. I didn't need to be involved in the private details of their relationship.

- "Nothing's wrong with Max." she said. "He wants to be ... closer. The problem is with me."

- "Oh?"

- "I'm not in love with him." said Vee. "Because ... I have strong feelings for someone else."

Oh, no, I thought. Max would be devastated. Getting dumped is bad enough - but getting dumped for another guy?

- "That's ... difficult." I said. "Is it someone we know?"

Vee raised her head, and looked me in the eye. A split second before she uttered the words, I finally figured out what she was going to say.

- "It's you."

***********************************

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,314 Followers