All Comments on 'Games SOME People Play! Ch. 14'

by EllenMelville

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor

Two ratings of the story, so far. The first, a 5, the second a 1. The average a 3. It would be nice if these readers took a moment to explain how one find its excellent, another finds it awful.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor
3.75, now...

A 5, a 1, a 5, a 4 equal 15. Divided by 4 equal 3.75.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ratings

Hope your question wasn’t rhetorical. Based on observations over a number of years of the ratings given versus the tone of comments, I suspect the wide variation in ratings mainly comes about due to what each individual considers important in a story.

There are those who have a moral objection to particular categories and seem to take pleasure in marking down those categories. For example and to my surprise, I’ve found that cheating on spouse stories elicit very strong opinions. Then there are the grammar nazis who will hammer presumed deficiencies in that area, even if the grammar is in keeping with how the character would actually talk. Many others appear to consider non-stop penetration as the holy grail of erotic literature and will rate that highly, whereas absence of same will rate poorly. Heavily introspective writing seems to garner either very high or very low ratings.

One should not suspect traditional standards for judging quality literature to be prominent here!

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor
What a brilliant comment!

Thanks, Anonymous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Or...

It could be that to some of us the story that offered such promise in the first chapters has not just jumped off the rails but has launched in realms unknown. Something that offered interesting possibilities is now lost in rape, incest, and poor editing. And for a reposted series, you'd think the author would make some effort to correct the story from its first iteration.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleover 6 years agoAuthor
With the lowest rating of any chapter, so far...

I conclude that this story has run out of steam. For anyone who might be a fan, you can read the rest by picking it up the book on Amazon (CHEAPLY) by the same name and, of course, by me. i guess I will try something else. https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B01I5X4LNU

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEllenMelville@EllenMelville
Naked Town, Naked Lives: In A Fashionable Long-Island Resort Any Lust at Any Price" ($3.99 on Kindle) Games Some People Play: Like When You're Tied-Up Bare-Ass." ($5.99) "The Slave Girl in "Spartacus' or Can A Classy Bitch Get Laid: Sixteen Erotic Stories" ($2.99) I write...