All Comments on 'Getting Burned Ch. 02'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
I'm on board

I'd like to hear it from Tricia though, instead of Nicole. But I guess that's implied in the last line "...two people willing to see where it would lead". I'm a fan of stories wherein someone falls, and then redeems themselves. I think that is the essence of being human. I haven't personally met too many bona fide saints. People are more likable when you take them off pedestals and accept them as flawed - or in Nicole's case, scarred. Thanks, as always, I enjoy your writing, and love your "everyday" characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Waiting for next chapter

Nicely done (notwithstanding some editing warts, but no biggie there). Looking forward to how you construct the next conversation. You have a good sense of both voice and character but also a sensitivity to dynamics in people’s fictional lives. While not exactly beaten to death, the place (I know, I know. You cannot beat a place to death but it’s early in the morning!) you are taking us has been handled (Oops. Sorry) badly by lesser writers. Again, I’m looking forward to yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Enjoying the read, keep it going!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
So far so good

This tale has a ways to travel to reach a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

I DONT KNOW IF ANOTHER CHAPTER IS IN THE OFFING BUT HOPE SO, THANKS FOR A NICE GROWN UP ( no burn the bitch ) STORY,JUST 5*****. P.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 6 years ago
😋

And then I said hi like the spider to the fly , and jumped right ahead in her web

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Very nice.

But you've painted yourself into the corner that demands a final conclusion. Together again r no way back.

weathermanksweathermanksalmost 6 years ago
And..........?

I was really, really, getting my hopes up, but you left me hanging. I was getting teary with the way it was going, and now you need to finish it, and you'd better do it right!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh brother

Fool me once it's your fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You

can't fix stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice Variation

I really like your stuff. Your imagination takes familiar paths that turn in unusual directions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Burned twice

He really wasn't billed as quite this stupid a character. You should do a rewrite and make him a lot dumber this time.

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago
Great ending!

This story ended right where it should! 5 stars!

Subject117Subject117almost 5 years ago

So stupid. Apparently he likes to get burned. Wasted my time reading this. Not even a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
IMO

I guess it’s possible for people to change. Then again, I think it’s easier to backslide than to stay on the straight and narrow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bull crap, come on! Stop with the justification for all the shit she did. Wastes the great story in the first one by making her the victim. Ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please, PLEASE get a proof reader.

I think the ending would have been tighter had you not brought Trish in .

But that's just my take.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This was a pretty darn good story ......until the utterly childish, Pollyanna ending.

NOBODY flops like that; especially a man who was wrecked by a second betrayal.

Real people DO NOT switch gears like that.

Improbable in a story is OK. Virtually totally unrealistic is not.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I'll take your word for it that she was sincere. I enjoyed the story, thank you.

MasterKoteMasterKote3 months ago

Yes she was a victim and had a bad past that is probably impossible to get over but i am glad it ended there, because the next chapter would be reconciliation no doubt.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES