All Comments on 'Getting Down at Brown'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusalmost 7 years ago
Great start to the week

Even with your usual standard you quite outdid yourself with this one, it made me laugh both form the MC overthinking everything and from the heart warming slow paced progress those two chose. It just goes to prove you don't need to be an alpha to get the right girl to like you for the right reasons, just go with instinct and respect and everything shall be alright. For a story that doesn't have any sex whatsoever (aide from some masturbation) I enjoyed it immensely, romance in its purest form just as it should be.

I know I pressure you to continue other stories but this one is so sweet it begs for a few more chapters, at least give us the moment where they officially become a real couple!

Gave you 5* with real hopes for more, either here or with other stories.

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Mmmmmm!

A really good story but the end 'sort off' fell off a cliff...Unless of coarse you intend to allow use enjoy a 'follow on' where we get to see them complete studies, graduate & marry?

5*

19pvc44

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 2 has been submitted

It's shorter, just one (full) page (3316 words). However, even if this was a stand alone, I ended Passion at Penn State pretty much the same way, allowing the reader to use his imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really very nice.

I could really identify with Max. I really like your work! Very much reminded me of what my 20th year was like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I more.!!!!!!!!

I want more of this story!, The characters are totally easy to relate to. It felt really comfortable to slide into the story like your favourite clothes. Definitely one of my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Takes me back

No, no co-ed dorms or the like, but a similarly shy and awkward kid back over a half-century ago, lucky enough to meet an equally shy but astute young woman who knew how to take the lead without emasculating her young man.

Sometimes good things do happen to good people.

Thanks for a beautifully written story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

“When you beat off, you're training yourself to get off quickly, but when you're with an actual woman, you want to hold back until she gets off.” – I’m no expert on physiology, but since virtually all men masturbate, if her point had any validity there would be a lot of unsatisfied women lying around!

“In a college environment where the 'alpha-males' grab up the good-looking girls, well, nobody every called me an alpha.” – So, scoop up a “less attractive” girl; I’m sure she’d appreciate it!

Minor nit-pick – He changes out of his night clothes into his regular clothes while she’s in the bathroom BEFORE he showers?

I suppose it was part of her beginning flirting, but the night she forgot her pajama tops, why not just take them back into the bathroom?

“it was ridiculous for me to think a shy girl like her would be any braver than I was.” – She doesn’t have to be any bravER, just AS brave!

He's MORE of a man for not pushing her down and taking her.

Another minor nit-pick - two single beds pushed together wouldn't be king-size, probably not even queen; more likely double-bed size.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Sbrooks:

Actually, a king sized bed is 76 inches wide, while a twin is 38 inches; two twins pushed together equal 76 inches. They do differ in length, with twins being 75 inches, and kings 80.

And yes, I'm convinced that there are a lot of unsatisfied women around out there. How many guys have you heard complain that their wives aren't interested in sex anymore? I always figured that when a guy complained that his wife wasn't interested in sex, it was because he hadn't made sex interesting enough for her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@ReedRichards

Okay, I learned something today about bed sizes.

But, yes, there are a lot of unsatisfied women out there, and many because their men never learned to please them. My argument is that it isn't because the men are conditioned to quick ejaculation from masturbating. I believe (and I admit it's a belief, I haven't done a study!) that it's more do to a lack of foreplay and a lack of skill at intercourse.

I think if the only thing a guy did was pump away for another few minutes, the woman would STILL be unsatisfied, maybe even a little sore!

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
Every king size bed I have seen.

And I have used one for many years now, all use 2 twin bed box springs for the 1 mattress. Yes I agree that a lot of guys forget foreplay, I don't get why they do though, cause its so much fun. I also agree that it was more of a man card thing to NOT take advantage of her, when she had her top off or was in her under-clothes.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
Almost Forgot

A very good read.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Friends First

This is a story that makes me smile.

I would be interested to read this, or a variation of it, from the viewpoint of Sheila.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
MASTERFUL

My guess is that this masterful introduction into the psychology of some ordinary (shading off to shyer than ordinary) college students, is more realistic than the the more scintillating depictions that tend to be so common on Literotica (although those also are exciting in their own way). To me, a fetching detail of this was that Sheila did not have an "appropriate" dress for the dance -- and she did not immediately go out and buy one! And it was OK with both of them.

No doubt the progression from zero to, well, something more, is skillfully being gradually built forward; although there were times it was repetitive or apparent enough, that once I got that the paragraph was just more wondering and self-questioning, I just skipped or scanned over the rest.

Loved it, and,

5 starred it.

Paul in Oklahoma

PS. Great title.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous