All Comments on 'Ghost of a Chance'

by Hypoxia

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
HypoxiaHypoxiaabout 9 years agoAuthor
AUTHOR'S COMMENT:

This worthless fluff originated when, in a Story Ideas discussion, I mentioned Thorne Smith's alcoholic Jazz-Age fiction. Turning conservative banker Cosmo Topper into Cosmi Jones, and making Marion and George Kerby multiple-drug-abusing JoJo and Marc, just seemed logical. This is not a very good adaptation, I'll admit. My excuse: I'm dealing with very severe family medical crises right now and my writing focus slipped a bit.

I'm not planning any sequels -- unless there's popular demand, of course. If so, I'll re-read TOPPER and try to steal better ideas. I *do* have an idea for resurrecting another Thorne Smith classic, THE NIGHT LIFE OF THE GODS: an inventor brings to life the statues of Roman gods in NYC's Met Museum of Art. My take won't be limited to Roman deities. Orgiastic hilarity ensues.

Category: I posted this in Erotic Couplings because I don't think it fits elsewhere. The ghosts are funny so it's not Erotic Horror; they're neither Inhuman nor SciFi-Fantasy creatures, really, just ghosts, and only the two of them. There's ALMOST incest, but not quite. So here it is in EC. Enjoy.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
a ghost of a chance

H, i hope your problems, if not resolved, have least become manageable.

i certainly do remember reading Thorne Smith. i think i have read most of his books, anyway the ones i cold find.

just ignore twits like analmousie.

of course your story is not the same frequency of the spectrum as the original stories.

You and Smith grew up in, were molded by two entirely different societies. Two very different world views and pools of knowledge.

However your story really made me laugh. Well crafted and cleverly imagineered. Very different from most of the tediously repetitious rewritings of hollywood bland.

Considering all your body of work that i have read so far, i am of the opinion who are certainly capable of creating your own quirky funny version of "The Night Life of the Gods". i hope your inspiration provides you the opportunity.

"We must not fear failing. Failure is the opportunity to try new things. Realize a deeper understanding of ourselves.

Failing to try, is always an automatic failure."

apmugwumpapmugwumpover 2 years ago

good story. kind of disjointed. the ending was anticlimactic but enjoyable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHypoxia@Hypoxia
937 Followers
I started out as a child. It's all been downhill from there. Will it be an uphill battle to become childish again? *** I have various home bases, all in high mountain towns not too far from the Pacific coast of the Americas. At any given moment, I'm probably somewhere b...