Ghost of a Chance Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well... think about it. We're invisible; that's a major advantage. We could take down assholes like those two nitwits in the store easily, and they'll never figure it out."

"And if they do 'figure it out' and tell someone..."

"Who are they going to tell? And what would they say? "Two naked people stopped me from robbing a store... oh, and they were invisible."? Who's going to believe them?"

Brenda, hands on her hips in a scolding posture, just lifted an eyebrow, "I'd be more worried about you getting hurt than somebody finding out who we are and what we can do."

Tom closed in on her and took her in his arms, "Believe me, I'd be more worried about you. I don't want anything happening to you, because..."

"'Because' what?"

Tom stared into Brenda's brown eyes and wanted to say what was truly in his heart. He desperately wanted to tell her how much he cared for her, how much he needed someone like her in his life, how much he...

He couldn't make the words come out. Even after all he and Brenda had experienced over the past few days, he still didn't have the confidence to come right out and tell her that he had fallen in love with her.

Tom leaned in to kiss Brenda, holding her close and rubbing her soft skin... and got a strange look on his face as he stared across a lawn at the house next to them.

"Tom, what's the matter?" Brenda craned her neck to look in the direction of his intense stare.

Two young men were loading a plasma screen TV into the back of a van, placing it beside other high end items already inside. The nude pair crept up to the vehicle, seeing among the assorted items a CD/stereo system, a computer with all the extras, two laptops, and various boxes filled with CDs, jewelry, and silver brick-a-brack. They watched the two guys looked carefully around them, as if they were afraid of being seen, and hurried back into the house, leaving the door open.

"What do you think?"

Tom answered Brenda's question as he walked up to the front door, "Let's check it out."

The intrepid pair peeked inside the house and saw a living room, devoid of any valuable items. They quietly entered and were going to start searching when they both heard a door open at one end of the home, then heard footsteps clomping down wooden stairs. They made their way through the kitchen and saw the open door that led to the basement. Carefully creeping down the staircase so as not to make the wood steps creak, Tom and Brenda almost gasped at the sight before them when they reached the bottom.

"Okay, that's everything," one of the two men said, the other one saying a beat after, "Yeah, thanks for the stuff."

The person they were addressing was a woman, about thirty-ish with mussed blond hair and slightly shorter than Brenda... with her hands tied up and yanked over her head and a gag stuffed in her mouth. She was semiconscious, dangling from a ceiling beam with the rope flung over it and tied off to a metal support pole. She tried to get better footing but, in her present position, could only balance herself on her toes, and the welt on her cheekbone swelled her eye shut.

"Before we go," the bigger of the two chuckled, "we're going to have some fun with you, and make sure you don't tell anyone about us."

The terrified woman wearily shook her head and pleaded with them with muffled grunts. The big goon just laughed and unzipped his pants while the other one got behind her and started removing her clothes. He had just got her pants and panties down to her ankles when he suddenly stopped at the sound of something scraping the cement floor.

"What's that?"

He looked at his partner for an answer, but the only response he got was a loud clang. The big goon's eyes rolled back and his body slumped to the floor, out cold.

Just as the other one made a move to help his partner, he heard "Psst." and turned sharply at the sound beckoning him. A fraction of a second later, he immediately doubled over, grabbing his crotch and bellowing to a pitch no man should have been able to hit. Then, with a loud crack, his head jerked sideways and he fell to the floor joining his friend in unconsciousness.

"Get her down; I'll take care of these two," Tom said, tossing the shovel off to the side. Brenda, dropping the now broken tennis racket, went to the pole and untied the knot, slowly lowering it to let the lady regain her balance.

The woman let her arms drop while Brenda put her pants back on for her, and guide her over to a chair to untie her hands. Rubbing her forearms to get the circulation in them going again, Brenda saw the woman trying to get a good look at the ones who saved her, but the hit she took to her face had dazed her so much she couldn't focus on her rescuers.

Undoing the gag, Brenda whispered to her, "Don't be afraid; we're here to help you."

"Are you... ghosts?" the lady managed to mumble.

Brenda glanced behind her to see Tom tying the hands of the two lowlifes and throwing the excess rope over the ceiling beam, silently asking him what she should tell her. He just shrugged unsure as he hoisted the goons, leaving them trussed up in the same position as they had left the woman in, and tied off the rope to the pole, the rope itself vanishing the second he grabbed it.

Brenda turned back to the dazed woman, who was even more confused at seeing the pair of goons being lifted and suspended by... nothing, and answered, "Sort of."

After he was finished, Tom knelt down beside the lady and said, "Look, just tell the police that you..." but he stopped when the woman's head lolled over. Brenda quickly checked her over and sighed in relief.

"She's okay; she just passed out."

Helping her lay the lady back in the chair, Tom said, "Well, in a way, that's good. When she wakes up, more than likely she'll think she dreamed the whole thing about us, or she won't remember."

"And like you said: if she does remember, what could she say? 'Two naked ghosts saved her'? Nobody will believe her."

"Hang on a minute," Tom got up and dashed upstairs. Coming back down with the phone in his hand, he dialed 9-1-1 and handed the phone to Brenda. Sounding tired and scared, she cried into the phone about how she caught two men robbing her house, knocked them both out with a shovel, and had them tied up in her basement.

While she sobbed her harrowing tale, Tom wiped off the shovel's handle with a wet bath towel from a pile of laundry ready for the dryer and placed the garden tool in the sleeping woman's hands. He then tossed the broken racket into the trash and covered it with garbage as Brenda ended her conversation with, "They've hurt me; I can't stay... awake... please hurry..." and clicked the phone off, wiping it and putting it the lady's lap.

Once outside, they walked down the street as sirens were blaring in the distance. When they got to the end of the block, Tom and Brenda saw two police cars and an ambulance screech to a halt in front of the burglarized home.

"She'll be okay now," Tom muttered.

Brenda wanted to be serious about the whole affair but she couldn't help smiling, elated at what they accomplished.

"That was great," she whispered, "We saved her life. Is this how you felt when you saved me?"

"Absolutely; it's a rush, isn't it?"

Brenda nodded, "I feel wonderful. We did a good thing, didn't we? I could get used to this."

When they found themselves wandering through a small field behind the neighborhood, that's when Tom stopped her and made her look at him.

"I don't think I want you getting used to this."

Brenda cocked her hip and asked, "Why not? We make a good team."

"I don't want you getting hurt."

"I won't; we'll be invisible, remember?" She started miming a boxer, dancing around and throwing punches, "They'll never lay a glove on me."

Tom reached out and grabbed her putting a halt to her playing, getting deadly serious with her and making her smile suddenly drop into a frown, "This isn't funny, Brenda! I made a promise to the man who had the rings before me, that I would use this power to help people if I could. But you didn't make that kind of commitment, so you don't have to get involved."

"I'm already involved," Brenda fired back, "You wanted me to help you test the rings, and that's what we're doing."

"Look, pulling pranks and fooling around naked is one thing, but going up against the type of lowlifes we just trashed... guys like that are serious about doing what they do, hurting people because they think they can do whatever they please. I don't want you to be one of the victims."

Brenda loosened herself from his grip and crossed her arms, pouting at him, "I was almost a victim myself, remember? And you just got through saying that we could take down assholes like that easily."

"I know what I said before, but I was wrong; that lady reminded me too much of what could have happened to you. I don't want to purposely put you in the same situation, again."

"You've seen what's going on in this city, Tom," she waved her hand back towards the neighborhood, "That poor lady, in her own home... that's just a small part of what's happening now, and it's getting worse. You weren't wrong; we could help put a stop to it."

"I don't want you in the line of fire. 'Not bullet proof', remember?"

"This is because I'm a woman, right?" she huffed.

Tom threw up his hands in frustration, "No, that's not it at all!"

"Then what is it?" Brenda stomped up to him, anger glowing in her eyes, "Why don't you want me helping you with this?"

"I don't want you in on this sort of thing!"

"WHY NOT!?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, AND I DON'T WANT...!"

Tom blurted it out without even thinking about it, and now it was too late to snatch it back. His eyes went wide when he realized what he had said, and started to get flustered again. Brenda backed up a step, her eyes tearing up and her bottom lip quivering.

The two of them just stood in the middle of the small field, still invisible and still nude, staring at each other and not making a move or sound. Then Tom held out his arms, giving up on keeping his true feelings bottled up inside him and let it all come out.

"I've wanted to say that ever since we met up again, and I didn't know how to say it until now. I know we've only spent a few days together, and I know it sounds like puppy love or teenage infatuation, but I can't help feeling the way I feel about you. You're soft and loving, you're beautiful, you're fun to be with... you're the only one that's ever affected me like this; not even Helen sparked this kind of..." He stopped himself, knowing he was rambling on, and a tear left his eye as he took her hands into his and uttered, "What I'm trying to say is... I love you, Brenda."

Brenda's own tears started spilling down her cheeks as she edged closer to him, not knowing what to say... so, she let her actions say what was in her heart.

She flung her arms around him, pressing her lips against his. Tom wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close, returning her kiss with fiery passion. Their bodies responded to their sexual heat; Tom feeling her nipples harden and rubbing against his chest, and Brenda feeling his swelling cock nuzzling into her pussy.

They laid themselves down on the soft grass, surrounded by patches of wild flowers and a few cotton wood puffs and dandelion seeds floating in the slight breeze. Some birds chirped here and there and insects buzzed and clicked away as the naked pair kissed and caressed one another.

Brenda rolled on top of Tom, feeling his swollen manhood rubbing into her moist vagina, and asked, "You really mean it?"

"I do," he answered, holding her close and rubbing her bare back, "I know it sounds crazy, since we've only been together for a few days, and I've thought of at least two dozen reasons why I shouldn't feel this way. But there's one reason I couldn't knock down, no matter how hard I tried," he cupped her face, letting her tears run down his thumb, "I've fallen in love with you."

Brenda's smile was bright as she tried to sniff away more tears, and failed.

"I've felt the same way."

Tom's eyes widened at that, more tears threatening to come out.

Brenda nodded, "I thought it was just because you saved me. You know, 'falling in love with the hero' thing. But as we got to know each other better, I realized that... I've fallen in love with you, too."

The tears that threatened to come out of Tom's eyes did just that.

The naked couple embraced, kissing and fondling each other in the middle of the open field, knowing they couldn't be seen but not caring if anyone heard them. Their love was kindling the sexual heat coming off of their bodies as they hungrily devoured each other with hands and lips.

Brenda suddenly turned herself around, placing her face inches away from Tom dick and lowering her crotch onto Tom's. He inhaled her sweet scent and started to lick at her pussy as he felt his cock being lovingly kissed and licked. Brenda moaned around his shaft, feeling his tongue caressing her wet inner folds, as she slathered hers all over his bloated tip.

The only evidence of someone in the throes of love making were the muffled moans and wet smacking sounds coming from the field... and the crater in the middle of it. Tom's and Brenda's skin were in contact with the ground, creating a scooped out hole under them because of the influence of the rings' power fields.

If either of them noticed it, they didn't care.

They stopped their '69' playing, and Brenda turned to face him, rubbing her wet pussy into his hard cock. Wedging his cock head into her love hole, she sighed as she eased herself down on him, smiling and crying at the same time.

Tom caressed and squeezed every curve on her body, from her succulent round breasts to her creamy soft thighs and ass, enjoying her with his eyes and hands as she rode him. He pushed himself up into a sitting position and held her close, burying his face into her cleavage and lovingly kissed and nibbled her boobs and flicked his tongue over her taut nipples.

Brenda arched her head back, enjoying all the attention Tom was giving her, and started to let little giggles come out of her mouth, telling him she was close to orgasm.

Holding onto her sides, Tom let her arch the rest of her body as she humped faster, shaking her head and trying not to be loud. Tom struggled as well, feeling his cock twitch and the sperm inside him start to race up his shaft.

Both of them failed... and neither of them cared.

Brenda, quaking and giggling, couldn't hold it inside of her any longer as her whole body lunged and let out a squealing, "YES!" Her juices gushed out of her pussy, fluttering with orgasmic spasms.

At the same time, Tom's body tightened up as he groaned loudly, feeling his cum rushing up his dick and bursting from his cock hole, adding to Brenda's wetness. Her pussy walls squeezed his cock in response, milking out every last drop of his love.

They clung to each other letting their orgasms subside; Tom rubbing her back and nuzzling her chest, Brenda quivering in his lap with her arms around his neck and kissing his ear. All around them, the sounds of nature wafted their way threw the trees and brush of the field as they simply held each other, basking in the afterglow of their love making.

After a few minutes, Tom faced Brenda with a concerned look.

"Brenda... that was the reason I didn't want you involved. You are in my heart now, and if something happens to you because of some stupid, heroic deed I'm dumb enough to perform, it would leave a hole in that heart."

"Tom," she replied, touching his face, "how do you think it would affect me if you got hurt? Worse, how would I feel if you got hurt because I could've prevented it, but didn't because I wasn't there with you?"

"Brenda, listen to me," he ran his fingers through her hair, "I dragged you into this..."

"But you didn't; you didn't drag me into anything."

"I gave you the ring, I tempted you into all this," he started to cry, "If something happened to you, it would be my fault. If you got hurt, that would kill me."

Brenda matched his tears with her own, "You didn't talk me into anything, Tom; I wanted to help you. I still do, and you said yourself that we would have the advantage." She took his face in her hands, "I'm telling you: we can do this... together."

Tom thought long and hard about what she said, and wondered if they really could accomplish such a daring and daunting task. Their invisibility could help people, thwart criminals, even save lives; already, without even thinking about it, they had saved the lives of dozens of people in the supermarket. And the woman terrorized by two invaders in her own home; if Tom and Brenda hadn't gone inside and stopped them from...

Could they really do it?

Could they really become... heroes?

Tom looked Brenda square in the eye and gave her the answer.

"We'll have to disguise ourselves in the future. Remember, they can see us when they're inside the field with us."

Brenda smiled, "It needs to be something really scary, something that will make 'em pee in their pants."

"Well, your would-be rapist called me a 'ghost'... so did the lady in the basement. I've got an idea or two on how we can use that to our advantage, too. We'll need masks and some kind of protective clothing."

She nodded again, elation welling up inside her, "We'll need some tools, too. Some weapons to bring them down, handcuffs, things like that."

"Whoa, hold on; I don't want to start shooting off guns," Tom thought for a second, then, "but we could use some non-lethal stuff: stun guns, batons, things to bruise them up and knock them out."

"And when we're done with them, we leave them for the police. It'll work."

Brenda was delighted at the prospect of becoming a hero, but Tom gave her an extremely serious look and said, "You have to promise me that you won't get hurt."

She kissed him and answered, "I promise. You better promise me the same thing."

"I promise."

They got up off the grassy field and hugged each other, then headed back to the supermarket to pick up the car, feeling good about themselves and still playfully groping each other's naked bodies along the way.

***

Brenda came out of the bathroom to see Tom sitting up in her bed with a sketch pad in his lap. She laid her nude body next to his and watched him scribble his pencil back and forth, her face twisting in confusion when she peeked at the page.

"What are you drawing?"

Tom grinned as he continued putting the finishing touches on his creation, and answered, "This city's two new heroes," and tilted the pad to show her the whole sketch.

Brenda's eyes got bigger when she saw what they were going to become, and all she could say at that moment was, "Good God."

"Too scary?"

She gave him a smirk, "Way too scary... that's why I love it." She smiled at him, reaching for his cock.

"Brenda, quit that; it's distracting."

"I know," she shot back, fondling him.

"C'mon, we've got to put these together if we're really going to do this. We'll need the masks, the clothing... I know where we can get a couple of... Brenda!" Tom stopped reciting their 'shopping list' and groaned when he felt Brenda's mouth engulf his growing member. She suckled the head as she stroked the shaft, making it bigger and harder. Letting the pad fall away, he relaxed and enjoyed the sensation.

Brenda released his now erect and hard dick from her lips and said, "That's better." She stroked him and added, "The disguises can wait for tonight; there's no rush. In the meantime..."

She got up from the bed and sauntered out into the kitchen near the back door, Tom following her with curiosity and lust, watching her bare ass wiggle as she walked.

"And just what's on your mind?" he asked.