All Comments on 'Godiva'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
bitofakatebitofakatealmost 12 years ago
Good topic - just misses

My gripe is primarily with the technical and not the content or the writing:

"Godiva took the scroll close to the candles burning near the fireplace. Her body shone in the flickering light." Why not, "She read the scroll." instead? I am not particularly interested in her glistening skin in a paragraph about reading a scroll. The extra description serves little purpose other than to help meet the 750 word minimum.

You write quite well, choose interesting topics and keep to the theme, but in the effort to gloss it up, sometimes use extra language which I find unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Commenting on the comment

My view on the "extra language" in Ogg's piece is that it's totally appropriate, and beneficial to the story. If this had been a newspaper article, brevity would be preferred. In fiction, brevity can detract from the impact of the story in that it leaves nothing for the reader to visualize in their mind.

Nice work Ogg. It's so refreshing to find your little gems brightening up the rock-strewn landscape.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Good Take on an old story

The writing is of unusually high quality and the characters come alive.

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayealmost 8 years ago
What happened next?

I am not British so wonder what happened next. Did William not invade?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
another lesson

on 'how to do it'.

Thank you Ogg,

HP

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...