All Comments on 'God's Angel'

by dagan732

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
alexandra36alexandra36almost 13 years ago
Fascinating....

story! LOL. I dunno...I'm a bit freaked with the God thing but who wouldn't right? :)

I really liked Ethan...he doesn't act like he runs alot of companies and that's so nice of him to help out even though he sounds like he has a lot of responsibilities already. It's cool! I'm loving how you're building up the characters...I'll always enjoy reading that part. I'm looking forward to the next installment. :)

Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Different. I enjoyed it alot. It was a well thought out and interesting way of commenting on life and issues in it. I loved the speech about what God has asked of us, to love him and love one another...and how the other ways of thinking and judging are man's. Thanks for making me think.

QueenieLeManzQueenieLeManzalmost 13 years ago
Intriguing

I really liked this and agree with your philosophy on humanity. Looking forward to more. :-)

EMArnoldEMArnoldalmost 13 years ago

This felt like an appropriate chapter to be read today (Sunday). I like its thoughtfulness, which is a pleasant change from most of the overly dramatic stories I've been reading lately, and I didn't find it preachy at all. Everyone has their own personal view on God, and I think that your sentiments were pretty middle of the road without pushing an agenda.

I look forward to the next chapter! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very good

I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to more...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Great inspiring story. I especially love the part about we see what we want to see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
made for sunday

i read this story out of curiousity of the title. i loved it and it made my day. don't stop here there must be more that gabriel has up his sleeve.

WickedWendyDruWickedWendyDrualmost 13 years ago
Lovely

I've gotten to the point now where I simply sigh and click when I see your screenname come up in the new list. Some kind of perverse Pavlovian response, I suppose. This was just lovely. While it reeks of Judeo-Christian mythology, it was still absolutely wonderful, and my happy little Wiccan self had no problems enjoying every last word. I couldn't help but smirk every time your character said, "I'm God" though... I kept expecting Gabriel to ask him, "Which one?" I do hope you continue this. Seeing Gabriel and Ethan come together will be delish.

massiveturdmassiveturdalmost 13 years ago
Very insightful

I enjoyed reading your story and looking forward for a continuation.

hopkinscmhopkinscmalmost 13 years ago
Cute

Probably a bit preachy like you said, but it was a good story line. And what a coincidence that this week I got an idea for a story revolving around gay sex and god? LOL HE truly works in mysterious ways *snickering*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very cute concept

Don't have to be someone who believes in God or Christianity to find this story appealing. Even if it wasn't God and instead was a wise man and karma, it would share the same wonder at coincidences, the existence of pain, hurt, and hate so we can greater appreciate their opposites.

Looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice

It was an amusing little story, and wasn't that preachy. However, just one little criticism. When referencing real people, it is important to spell their name correctly. It's Rockefeller, not Rockafeller. If you're ever not sure about the spelling, it only takes a minute to look it up on the Web.

nomoretears00nomoretears00almost 13 years ago
Very cool

I loved it! It does just seem to work as you said. LOL, I have to go read ch2 now and can't wait!

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 13 years ago

Ditto I love it and it is great how you make it sound so reasonable and interesting, Gabriel - God - with Ethan as a nice touch Onto the next Chapter.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Touched me

A wonderful story. Touched me deeply. Loved the characters and I could really relate to them. Very well written. I felt like I was there. Cant wait to read the next one.

greatfulslavegreatfulslaveover 12 years ago
Loved this story

A great story the best i have read so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
thank you

I've only read the first chapter and already its a beautiful story so thank you

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago

This is the kind of God I want to believe in: kind and with a twinkle in his eye. And I like the idea of an accountant as the hero of the story. Reminds me of one of my favorite Dick Francis books.

VCHeyshamVCHeyshamover 10 years ago

I love that Dick Francis novel too! And this version of God :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
God

God does love us all, even us who are here on this site. But one still needs to believe in john 3:16 or else'.....

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXabout 10 years ago
To the John 3:16 guy, well.....

.....that's your view and the view of the writer of the gospel of John. It doesn't have to be mine or God's, even. Whoever said that the gospels were inspired (hence my use of the lowercase g instead of the uppercase, it wasn't a typo)? You're entitled to believe in Heaven, Hell, the sacraments, the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, etc. That doesn't mean that they are necessarily truthful.

Now, my own view is mostly identical to this, except that I part company over the issue of justice. I believe that God or the Gods or whatever bring about justice through both karma and human agency. Nor do I think that such an intangible concept of justice exists in a vacuum. It exists because it was implanted in the human psyche, much like the concepts of love, hate, etc. It is a vital abstraction and one worth human effort to pursue, no matter how futile it might be.

Aside from this, however, I enjoyed your God/god. He seems more likeable and down-to-earth than Jehovah, Jesus, or Allah, for example. He is also more likely, as those names and versions of God are inventions of the human race. They are just characters from a great and terrible work of literature, which is full of both fact and fiction. By that, of course, I mean the Bible.

Anyway, thanks for sharing with us your version of God, one who loves his creation as they are, not for his own vanity nor as the church would like them to be.

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004about 9 years ago
I loved it !

It gave me food for thought - What is real / truth ? What is wishful thinking ?

Just because you want to believe in a certain version of the Maker, doesn't make it the real one - you grow up listening to many things and then you find yourself looking at your life and the turns it has taken, wondering ...

Just "writing out loud" !

This one of those issues that has neither an easy or an obvious answer.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe no proof is possible" - Stuart Chase

I liked the way you exposed the story line. Maybe they are your thoughts on the matter, maybe they're just the thoughts of a fictional character - whatever it is, I really loved this first instalment of your story, and can't wait to read more !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No one's commented in a long time.

So I will, because I want to remind people that a wonderful author and an inspiring story is here. I come back and re-read his stories all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think it was great and especially well-written.

The author shows knowledge of God and the balance between our free will and our need to help and serve others.

The author presents God as all-knowing and loving to people as they are and how they can become more by following his suggestions.

BigBlueyezBigBlueyezover 1 year ago

I loved this whole story chain SO much! It was so well written and I’d like to believe that how you wrote God and the things he said was true. Thank you so much for sharing this. You, are AMAZING!

DickbrokemyheartDickbrokemyheartabout 1 year ago

This is just great, a royal treat.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdagan732@dagan732
Dagan732 pretty much sums it up

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES