All Comments on 'Goes Like an Otter'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 94 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
And here they are.

Great way to start. A good little tale from a fine writer. One of the good guys, too. Thanks for the nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry, didn't think it was all that good.

I kept waiting for the promised twist. It never came. This was a cliche' story that I've read a million times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Well that was just flat out disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
is it wrong

to hear the narrator (in my reading mind) as voiced by Eric Idle?

"She really goes like an otter, that one" Just really hits me in a python-esque way, somehow, if using one of his voices.

I too read this as my first story upon the beginning of my Legends Day marathon!

Thanks much, so appreciated!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 7 years ago
Thank you, Matt

There is always some trepidation about these events when they start. Will anyone write? Will the readers get a great day of reading, will we hit some technical snafu? This is the way to start with your story. Good job, and thanks again. Randi.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Excellent

Great tale, Matt. Don't you just love when the cheaters wind up getting screwed in the end? I do. Every time. Great start to the day.

Five Stars

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGalmost 7 years ago
This might have been a cliche' story...

But I'll take a good cliche' story by a good author any day (or night) over the absolute dreck that LW has mostly become. Thanks for the story,Matt. Five stars.

xtchrxtchralmost 7 years ago
Great Start!

Love it when the cheaters think that they hold all the cards and then find out that they don't. Thank You for a good story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Very Nice Start!

My only nit to pick, and I realize that it was needed for the story, is that I can't see going as long as he did without sex without demanding some counseling or whatever.

john1946john1946almost 7 years ago
Fun

A fun little story. Just right for here. So smart, never gets caught.i. Then go off with your new buddy. Thanks.

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 7 years ago
sweet

Always be prepared. Confronting cheating spouse without any evidence and beging them to stop is bad.They see you as a weak person. This man was prepared and you have 5 stars for this story :)

Rw43Rw43almost 7 years ago
Re: UG

I agree.

I appreciate Legends Day, and the story was somewhat satisfying, but it was far from erotic.

But apparently Loving Wives has been recategorized to become Sexless Tales of Burnt Bitches. The rich variety of this category has been killed off, just like most of the marriages we are reading about.

At least our intrepid hero is now getting some, but it's too bad we won't be getting a description appropriate to this site.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 7 years ago
Fun read

Nice twist to a common theme.

I'm not in agreement with those who insist on sex in all LW stories. I like the category as we all know there is going to be a cheating revelation somewhere in the story. To me, the enjoyment comes from clever writers who are creative with the what and then the what happens after aspects of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Nice explanation of the phrase

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
must be a brit thing

Matt has the ability to make his main character look like a wimp even when he wins.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THE UTOPIAN WAY TO END A MARRIAGE

or have all the facts and wait. TK U MLJ LV NV

19pvc4419pvc44almost 7 years ago
Fan

Been a fan for donkey's ages Matt - this one? A bit too short, maybe needed a bit more venom?

Good though - 4*

19pvc44

SelqSelqalmost 7 years ago
Re: Ug and Rw43

You both talk like having stories in LW with no sex is a new thing. You both must be new readers to Literotica, because I can easily point out stories written back in 2002-03 that are LW and have no sex in the story (the Troubadour for one writer).

As for the "rich variety of this category has been killed off". In the last few days I have seen wittol and cuckold stories, I have seen swinging and swapping and sharing stories, what has been lacking is consequence stories. Today we have consequence stories, so I would say that the past week has given us a greater variety of stories in LW then we have had in a long time.

Maybe the problem isn't the stories, maybe y'all just aren't looking hard enough for what you like.

SelqSelqalmost 7 years ago
Very fun read.

Thank you for such an entertaining story. And the explanation of the title will have me chuckling for days.

5 stars, and thanks again for writing.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 7 years ago
Didn't care for this too much

Too many virtually identical stories on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great

Loved the title!!!

Better than "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck".

Boyd Percy

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
5*****

It took me a while to connect with this but 1/2 way through 1st page it got me. Loved goes like an otter.

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 7 years ago
great little story 5*

maybe could've ramped up the betrayal a bit more but thats just my preference.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 7 years ago
A good one.

Nice little story, with a happy

and funny ending.

Thanks writer, for taking part

in the legend event!

Rw43Rw43almost 7 years ago
Re: Selq

No doubt you are correct.

I don't invest near the amount of time I did when I started coming here about 16 years ago. That's why comments and ratings mean more to me than they otherwise should. Readers are now grading more on their personal like/dislike of the content than on the story construction and delivery.

Since my fantasy world goes more to adventurous wives in a happy relationship than to burning a cheater and perpetually hating each other, my preferences are at odds with the scoring matrix currently used by many readers.

Oh, well. Not MattBlack's fault.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 7 years ago
Another hook-up with the spouse of the cukolder

Still, after so much time, I am still baffled that so many stories think it is a good outcome to have the cuckold end up with the wife of the man who humiliated him. To be with a woman who spent a better part of her life loving, procreating, and screwing the man who took your wife is to me an idea of hell; it also means you are tied the rest of your life to the man who cuckolded you, because they are co-parents. Yet writer after writer after writer thinks that is a clever little twist. It is absurd, which is why you never, ever see it in the real world. The sign of a write who lacks creativity.

cpetecpetealmost 7 years ago
easy 5*

Great tale, fun read

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747almost 7 years ago

An otterly amusing tale, hopefully the beaver is well with groomed. 5 stars*****

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Thanks for the smiles

I love it when a well made plan goes as intended.

I'm glad the predator was exposed. But, with documentation and corroboration, why did he wait for three months? And why didn't he initiate the confrontation?

Sid0604Sid0604almost 7 years ago
Great story...

It's good to see you back. This story is easily worth 5 stars. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Sid! Your comment means a great deal to me.

I have been re-reading your stories.

Would you have another one ready, please?

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Since I Love 'Em Hairy And Wet

"'Goes like an otter?' Where the hell did that come from?" really rings my chimes!

Thanks for that image and some of the other funny lines. I'll be chuckling for a while today -- and looking forward to some playtime with my own slippery otter! ;-)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Rw43 Re: "Content"

My issue with the content is two-fold. First, I don't like all the Cuckold stories here, but I grudgingly accept that they are not going away.

What frosts my ass is their fans need to attack ANY Consequences story as"fetish" and needing the utter destruction of the wife, no matter how mild the consequences may actually be.

Dunny69Dunny69almost 7 years ago
Good story

Hi Matt I joyed it very much and thanks for joining the legends return. My only, selfish, moan was I'd have loved their to be another ch all about Nikki's return to her love best and the fall out from the lies, treachery and consequences when she confronts her lover and is served alongside him. Also as this was work related then you follow up with them losing their jobs etc etc. Basically I want the pound of flesh with entrails. Great story though and thanks again.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

i hope to see a 2nd part to this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Where indeed?

An otter? Really? It's funny little things like this that make for an entertaining story. Not a great twist that he and Sally were cheating (makes them all cheaters) but in this case the humor of the situation outweighed the cheating. Thanks for a good start to the day. And as one other commentator pointed out, Amyyum IS the weak link in this group as Edrider73 was the undeserving one in the first group. Thanks again for an entertaining story.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanalmost 7 years ago
Good dialog

Liked your story very much. You got BTB without all the hate that so many stories portray. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice read , he was prepared for her, what a dumb women

Fall for boss, has wife and kids, believes all his lies,cheats and cuts off sex with husband. Boss has other lovers. Alls well that ends well.!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 7 years ago
Good read

Short, sweet, to the point. 5* for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Cute, and decisive!

Thanks for the effort.

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 7 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for fun read! Look forward to many more stories from you!

Killian

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 7 years ago
Nice turnaround

Nothing too diabolical, just a quick switching of roles. Short, sweet, and fun

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Anon, you heard Eric Idle? So did I!

You clearly know me all too well!

And the twist in the tale? Well, that was a pretty weak joke. A twist in the otter's tail, as he found that his wife's lover wanted smooth, but he wanted hairy.

And if anyone can spot the anagram in that story, please do point it out in the comments. And it's something I used in one of my other stories.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 7 years ago
Bravo Cinco Estrellas. Best of them all

I read all of them from Bott om.to top and except for these last three they were 3 and 4! Even aces like carvohi left me dsappointed. But your stuff was strong tight succinct

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Nice job Matt

I usually stay away from your stuff as it is usually cucky w/humor-but in this case glad i didnt! 4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not really a story

More of a rant. Not very amusing and certainly not erotic. Better luck next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another Sad Story

There should be another section called "Pissed Off Ex". It would save having to read about sorry crap like this ever hoping for some interesting sex to develop.

EzrollinEzrollinalmost 7 years ago

Your style is different and though not very erotic I found it to be well-written and a good read!

VenustasVenustasalmost 7 years ago
Worth a 5

Although like others I am puzzled by the three month delay before acting.

@SeeingEye: Quote, "It is absurd, which is why you never, ever see it in the real world".

Get real and open your "eye". It is you who are being absurd as I personally know two such real world couples who married and remained married to the respective cheater's spouse, which suggests there are thousands more. It is little different to marrying anyone who has children from a previous marriage. In fact such a marriage has bonuses in-so-much that you as a couple are a constant reminder to the cheaters of what they sacrificed, and having both been cheated upon are very much less willing to inflict that upset upon your new partner.

Cuckold is a term for a man who's wife has been unfaithful like widower is a term for a man who's wife has died. Both are due to events beyond the control of the man involved, so why should either of them be humiliating?

Any humiliation is in the mind of the beholder and if you feel humiliated that says more about you - suggesting you were cheated upon and didn't handle it very well.

Yes I am speaking from experience, I had a cheating spouse. Was I upset and angry - yes. Did I feel humiliated - no! I did what was necessary and got on with my life. Life's too short to dwell on what's gone.

There is a quote that fits this situation quite nicely:

"You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one."

@Anon 07/05/17: Sally and Mike were cheating? Never - that was mutual consolation (with benefits). Anyway where's the proof! The cheaters were too wrapped up in their affair to consider they could be outsmarted and by the time that they knew they had been served and it was too late.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 7 years ago
Venustas

I have been married for 34 years and have never been cheated on. And as to you knowing two couples who married the spouse of the one who cuckolded them, nonsense. Protesting that your cheating spouse did not humiliate you? Your comments show how untrue that claim is.

carvohicarvohiover 6 years ago
And so it goes...

We get the tail end of a tragic story. Nicki, the one true great love of his life has been seduced by a philanderer. Our hero takes the only steps he thinks appropriate and closes the books. His only outlet is to team up with the philanderers angry spouse, and we all know that won't go anywhere.

I enjoyed it, but thought of Ohio's story "Visiting Richard Gronier. (I know I misspelled that.) It's another man with the same problem, but he handles things differently. I preferred Ohio's take.

Nicki was a lot of things, but most of all she was stupid and foolish. Our hero had a chance to save his marriage, but decided to put the figurative bullet in it instead. In the end he would be right; trust died and without fixing it with Nicki he'd never get it back.

I gave this a five. It made me think. Something I hate to do.

Keep em coming...

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GOOD,BUT WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HEARD MORE

I would have liked to have heard Niki's reaction to the fact that her soulmate was a liar and a cheat at his very core and that's what she had to look forward to.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 6 years ago
5*

"Goes like an otter" best line in a story for a long time

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
@SeeingEye:

Complacency is wonderful for peace of mind. Unless you have been with your spouse 24/7 or keep him/her under lock and key whilst you are away or monitoring their every move you can never be sure when your spouse cheated - or that is was multiple times. Because you see yourself as infallible and cannot ever be wrong you denied the signs and didn't believe them when they had "that little talk". When at last you realise that being in denial of true facts doesn't make them untrue - there might be hope for you - even if that realisation makes you feel humiliated. I was going to ask what sort of idiot are you? but on re-reading it became obvious. I wish you well and hope you get better.

Meanwhile my little cuck - keep taking the happy pills.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 6 years ago
Similairmtomyour other stories

Same drab dialogue spoken by what seem to be robots.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Nicely Done

This crossed relations story held my attention because it came out pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
JUSTICE FOR THE LYING, CHEATING SLUT

SHE AND HER NEW, TEMPORARY COCK BOTH END UP OUT ON THEIR ASS BUT SHE HAS NOTHING, NO ONE AND NOWHERE TO GO.

VG STORY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good Stuff!

pretty well written, short but good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Short and snappy but superficial

A short and snappy denouement but it's all a bit superficial, more of a light snack than a satisfying meal.

LA

William_LinesWilliam_Linesover 5 years ago
An old plot but very well told.

I like that MattblackUK's stories are short. After an author has said all that there is to say, why say more. This is a mistake that too many Literotica writers make.

I liked it.

Billy Lines

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 5 years ago
Oh yea!

I like it. Five stars.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Like.it

A very good little story. It is fun to see an arrogant cheater lose it all so completely. This author is good.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Otter?

This was a very good story, his wife was too stupid to realize what was really happening. At least this author does seem to treat men like brain dead morons.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Turned

He turned the whole deal around on her. I love a story where the theater's plans are dashed. Like the idea of being with the bastard's wife too. Good author!

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Loved it. Great turnaround

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Do not naysay this story

I highly recommend this story if you need to throw up or suffer from insomnia

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Loved the humor - Don't agree that two wrongs make a right, but fun story. 5*

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Otter

Don’t know how the otter goes, but I just read another good story again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How bloody dumb can people get?! The stupid cow laps up whatever her lover feeds her. Deserves nothing better than what she is settling for and is her "SOULMATE" going to marry her?? Not a chance!! 5*s.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 2 years ago

One of the funnier "I know something you don't" tales on here - thanks for the laughs.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Would love to have heard about the aftermath. 4 stars

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Needs

Needs the out come of their talk and her walking out.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

OTTER ? LOL pretty good confrontation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Since I don't know how screwed up British divorce laws are as compared to most laws in USA States so I can't be sure of the outcome for Nicki but Sally and her two sons will probably take Douglas to the cleaners. Even so there is no need for any further clarification for an excellent story. As a personal note I love to watch otters swim and dart through the waters as they always seem ready to enjoy having a good time.

I wonder how will this story effect visits to the local zoo for my wife and myself?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I stopped reading 1 page after they started to talk.

This is not personal but this story is stilted, predictable and uses the trope story motifs as many others. Not at all original.

Sorry

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrible

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

Engaging.................

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

Such a shame that you warned of the twist at the very beginning. Would have been much better if it came as a surprise at the end.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

Excuse me, I must…,

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy9 months ago

Thank you for the laughter - that was a good one!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

'Funeral of their wedding'? Makes no sense in any language.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Weird, stilted dialogue. Doesn't really work at all. Kind of the same old thing as far as the story and things go. No real point to it, not really worth the disk space. No justice on the scumbag perpetrator, so no socially redeeming value. Kind of pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Demasiada ansiedad en el diálogo, especialmente por parte del marido.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger8 months ago

"With one fart she was gone." A laugh worth 5* . Nice tale.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

For those who complain about scoring by how you feel about the story rather than story quality, what does it say under the "5?" It says "LOVE IT." So if I don't love a story, I should give it a five because it's well-written? Let Lit change the definitions,or give us a two-tier system, one for the story quality, one for how much me liked it.

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

Not bad, nice setup, it even had a smile in there

lc69hunterlc69hunter6 months ago

I am not into the little boi BTB shit, but this was funny

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fun to read. Liked it a lot.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well enough for top marks!

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmon2 months ago

I am still chuckling over, "goes like an otter."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I alwayslove the stories where the stupid cheating wife has the tables turned on her, Infuse her with just a little guilt and remorse than give her thee reality. Good story, well written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES