All Comments on 'Goes Without Saying Pt. 04'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

David should have kicked the shit out of Alex for being a douche, he claims he was just helping Celia emotionally and wasn't out to seduce her and didn't want to have sex with her but other people. He could have gone out and find someone but yet he chose to go through with it. He could have just reasoned with her, about how David would find it as a betrayal to him, even if they weren't exactly together in that sense yet. Not to mention it was weekend of FLINGS...so it happened more than once so Alex have no excuse after the first time it happened. Also Alex knew David had some kind of feelings for her after the first blow out, and had talked with David on the phone.

Honestly with the deceit and lies from Celia, I don't see how David would really accept her back so easily like this. Her proclamation of love for him and such, to only have her screw his friend quite a few times. Even if she felt "guilty" afterward...she should have stopped after the first time if she was feeling that guilty, yet she kept on going. What is to say she would really stay faithful to David now, if she supposedly love him so much but yet did such a thing. That make David really question everything that would come later if he does get with her.

All in all, I think David should still cut Alex out of his life and kick Celia to the curb. The reason being is that Alex is a scumbag who knew David was potentially gravitating back to Celia but yet slept with her multiple times, even if he tried to claim it was to "help" her. As for Celia, she was deceitful, pretty much lied to David and tried to take a morale high ground when he had sex with Sian when she was doing the exact same shit behind Davids back. I know it probably wont go this way, seeing as how David ran upstairs to probably grab a ring and off to try and get Celia back into his life once more. I feel bad for David, he is just a puppet that is being strung on by so many people in his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful

This is simply a beautiful and compelling story. Sorry, previous commenter, you have read it wrong. Thank you fellow North Westerner.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
The Clouds are lifting and we believe that we see more clearly

What I guess many readers don't realize is that in the culture described sex is not a problem (no guilt), unless they are breaking a commitment. Celia was no longer in a commitment and therefore the fact that she had some intercourse does not cause a problem. What was bothering out hero was the combination of silence and lack of contact with his good friends.

tompo296tompo296over 6 years ago
Supeb

Thank you for another gripping story

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
David appears to be almost infantile...

Alex, whom David supposedly believes to be guilty of betrayal and dishonesty, shows up at his door and - within minutes - David is laughing with his good ole buddy? Seems unlikely, considering all the animosity and bitterness accrued during the "cold war", but, okay. Maybe so, but the yarn he spins next is much more difficult to swallow.

Alex explains that Celia is madly in love with David, but because her love is unrequited, she spends all her free time in pain and anguish and, as luck would have it, in sensitive Alex's arms. Every now and then, Alex is called upon for further positive assurances by "gently and softly" making love to her. This means nothing though, because it's just sex. Hmm. I think we've heard that line somewhere before?

Anyway, it goes without saying that David is relieved and absolutely accepts Alex's explanation for his innocent, meaningless, sexual relationship with Celia; the lady who aspires to be nothing less than David's wife and mother of his children. Thankfully, Siân enters the room and happily proclaims that David is too stupid to realize it, but he's equally madly in love with the lady Alex has been screwing.

David, quickly realizing that he is indeed a simpering fool too obtuse to know his own mind, make his own decisions, or carry on an intelligent conversation, accepts Siân's announcement as eagerly as he did Alex's "I screw Celia because she loves you madly!" fable. David the idiot dashes upstairs to fetch the engagement ring he originally purchased for Celia many years ago - back when she was secretly planning to dump him for the new boyfriend she was already seeing behind David's back.

As David excitedly scampers towards the flat of the lady who refuses to speak to him, Siân and Alex join arm-in-arm and wonder if they could convince David to paint his dick red, fill his butt-crack with gummi bears, and then walk on his hands, completely naked, in front of Buckingham Palace. They burst out laughing as they realize, of course they could; there's nothing they can't make David do or believe.

Obviously, I have a few issues with a woman who thinks nothing of having sex with other men when feeling distraught, all while proclaiming her fervent love for David; it doesn't speak well as to how faithful she could remain in a real marriage. David seems to be increasingly spineless, indecisive, and totally unaware: these are poor qualities for a Chief Executive Officer, so one must wonder how he got that job and whether or not he can keep it much longer.

Alwaysraining's writing is superb, as usual, but I'm not buying everything being sold in this story. Easily worth a 4 though and I do appreciate the effort. I look forward to reading your other stories just as soon as we get David sorted in the following chapter. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An insult to the intelligence.

Not just for David but for the reader too. It's quite clear to see the RAAC intention here. While the writing has been in general excellent, the characterisations in this chapter had been abysmal. The characters beliefs, motives and actions all take a U-turn purely to serve the intended end.

Serious spleen venting to follow!

His friends are a lying pack of bastards. Oh, they're not in a relationship!

"Don't be naïve Sally, they've been living together."

"I don't think so, David."

"Come off it, Sally, Are you really trying to say they haven't been sleeping together?"

"Well perhaps they have, but nothing permanent."

-Ah, well that makes it OK, then.

His SOB "Friend" the fucking worst as another commenter so ably described. -No, it's not like that mate. You see I've been fucking her for your own good. This cunt needs the attitude adjustment that only comes from having seven shades of shit knocked out of him.

And as for the slut, I think 99 pecent of genuine LW fans (not the Fetishists obviously) would agree her kind of "Love", any man can do without.

The crude but determined RAAC even has Siân bend over backwards to sabotage any chance of her relationship with David to push him towards the slut.

And as if that wasn't irritating enough David ends up, agreeing, reconcilling and just about taking every bit of horseshit each of the bastards shovells his way.

And Siân, the only fucking actor in this mess who HASN'T lied to him gets the fucking elbow for the rest of these dirt bags.

I'll always support the notion that to be creative sometimes requires a reader buy-in, a suspension of disbelief, but it really pisses me off when what is required is a suspension of common bloody sense.

I've 5* every chapter so far but this ham fisted plotting and crappy justification for why he should take the slut back infuriates me enough to make it a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

JbRobertsson pretty much nailed it. I mean, him going back to the ex has been telegraphed, but this hamfisted chapter, right down to Alex telling him that his own wife lied to him about what happened when they first met, even though her "false" version was less romantic and the "true" version would probably have made him love her even more, which would have been handy since they were married...down to Siân torpedoing her own relationship with David for the sake of a woman who'd been sleeping with his best friend...I expected better from a talented writer like this.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Soooooo

Celia wants back with him but is f'ing his best friend? Don't think I can jump that chasm. It's always hidden agendas with her. But love the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Having serious problems with this.

1. Celia wants back with him but is fucking her best friend as someone just wrote

2. Sian understands they both love each other but deliberately seduces him and then has sex in his bed in the same house that Celia is in and she is supposed to be astute

3.David is just too thick to be a CEO, seriously thick!

Just 4* but still love it.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Disappointing

How many true loves can he have before figuring out what is going on?

It goes without saying, with friends like his, watch the out for the enemies

and any story needing three pages to justify even more twists and turns is way too convoluted.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
True love or not, if he takes her back he is a fool

As he has said all along, its not about true love now, its about what is best for the children. Putting a obviously mentally unstable person in charge of your children, is NOT doing what is best for them.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
Superb writing.

But horrible charters and unbelievable bs being bought as truth.

Celia comes across as a grade A manipulative bitch, no right thinking man would want a relationship with women like her.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Spare the Silly Comments from the Unbloodied.

Life happens. Quite often it is messy; not ruled by laundry lists of pros and cons. If you have been through complex personal relationships, you know. This is an absorbing story, a bit convoluted, but a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gossip

Why are these people so stupid? Instead of actually talking to each other, they believe everything their friends say. Life is not middle school!

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 4 years ago
Ideally life shouldn’t be like Middle School

Unfortunately, all one needs to affirm that Middle School behavior is dominant is to observe the behavior of those who are supposed to govern, be it the US or England. Isn’t it reminiscent of pubescent boys and girls?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A bunch of young adults acting like stupid teenagers

I don't see a future for David and Celia. They are too immature and they don't communicate at all. It's obvious you are taking this twisted to bring them together in the end, but I was rooting about David and Sian. She would be better for him instead of the cheating immature slut, Celia.

Sex for comfort! Ha!!

With friends like that who need enemies!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Maybe it’s the 'American' in me but this one just jumped the shark. I mean if she was in love with him and waiting for him to come around ? WHY FUCK HIS BEST FRIEND!

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 2 years ago

Umm ...

Sian is too understanding. Alex shouldn't have had sex with Celia (and vice versa). "I love you so much, but I have to have sex with someone else because ... I'm stressed?" The big delay before the big reveal feels like a bad detective story: the cops don't ask about the ... thing (because if they did, the mystery wouldn't last half an hour).

I liked part 2. Since then, you've been avoiding or delaying the important question(s). Celia is suicidal or depressed, but I don't trust her (again), or ... even worse - I'm not sure that I care. Alex is a dick - you don't leave your best friend in the dark, and you don't fuck the woman who says she loves your best friend in order to 'comfort' her. The 'friends' at the pub ... aren't.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 2 years ago

This might go nowhere but I have to comment... You missed a few Dai, Dafydd, David... There are many more to go... Daveed, Dawid, Tawid, Daood, Taavi... there are so many more varients of David that could have been used to make us go running for a dictionary. This is a common culture exaltation that makes the stories unbearing for us third-world residents. This is a common issue with stories with major Latina or Native American characters too. Far too many "culture-specific" adjectives and pronouns... almost making the story bilingual...

Now, to the story - A man would have a relationship with a woman who is sleeping with someone else while they are not exclusive - but not the best friend... It makes for an uncomfortable threesome. You cannot confide in your best friend about your girl or your girl about the best friend because they have a bond that goes beyond the three of you.. they have a one-on-one bond that at one time equaled your current relationship with your girl... Had it been me, I would have stepped aside and asked Sikandar and Kūlani to be together and blessed their union... See what I did there??

I will log off now. This comment is longer than most of my stories and like my stories going nowhere... An emotion-provoking story that fell into the trap of a fairytale ending...

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

Nope. Fuck Alex. Fuck Celia. I’m done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMFG, that Alex is a genius! It's the kind of bullshit story that a person so full of himself as David would accept immediately. "Of course everybody adores and admires me!" LOL

Having fucked and used (sorry, "consoled") Celia thoroughly for the last years he's now done with her and sends David to take her out of his flat. Meanwhile, he stays to bone Sian... what a friend!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

As usual for this author, the love interest loves her man so much that she keeps fucking other men and the protagonist is just fine with it.

You are one sick son of a bitch though you can write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure why everyone is dumping on Celia from sleeping with other men (of late Alex from time to time). Yeah it is a weird element of the story to artificially create tension. But to be fair, they did not have a relationship beyond employer-employee and some friendship. Until this chapter, Celia was not a live interest for David. He was glad she helped with the kids, and she did certainly come off as a hair trigger about her free time, but in the beginning that wasn't Alex, just her going to her flat, until Ozzie mouthed off and they fought about her "conning him" (which she totally wants to happen). Then she had breakdowns and needed a friend. I agree that the whole Alex-Celia arc with the occasional sex, but mostly her getting more and more depressed, especially with Sian showing up, is tangential and overly complicated the story. But apparently it was put in by author to evoke jealousy in the MC and yet have a misunderstanding. I personally think it kind of sullies the fine work of the first two installments. And yes Alex's explanation is a bitch of a stretch. Also Celia's guilt is dumb. The husband would have waaaay more guilt over her death post childbirth. Celiandid trap herself with her promise to never come to him about a relationship. So she feels blocked from resolving anything and their situation deteriorates. But her coming out with some explanations of her feelings is while technically a breach of her promise, is not something the MC would love unfavorably on. In fact the very opposite. So Celia feels trapped, Sian is spending more time and getting a job at his company, the household dynamic is subzero, MC keeps deferring any substantial dialog, the "friends" keep saying stupid shit (including the latest Bill or Ozzie debacle), and she spends more and more time in her flat, having a progressively slow building breakdown, with Alex there to console her (+ sex when she wants it, who know its therapeutic values?). What is strange is he goes from really liking Sian, knowing it is probably short term, to all of a sudden having an epiphany about Celia at the end of this chapter? There was not much slow build in his mind. At least Sian hot him to look at not feeling like he was betraying Gwen. Quite a soap era. Author is very good author regardless. High quality writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@dangerouslydead - 'Dai' and 'Dafydd' are the Welsh equivalents of David, as you spotted - either would be used quite naturally - and imply a certain closeness - by Welsh-speakers, including when speaking in English.

Enjoying this convoluted plot.

Thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Dumping your significant other for a footballer and finding out the grass isn't greener after all is not a brain fart .

So she dumps the person she for an upgrade. She just had to have a little character for it to have never happened.

I have to admit making David a bit pathetic makes for a reconciliation after the Chad was done with her.

metal_moonmetal_moonabout 1 month ago

You persue someone you love then have sex with another. I don’t get that.

It sounds similar to "Baby, it was just sex".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES