All Comments on 'Going Home Again'

by LastoftheGreatMikeys

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
jdeerejdeereover 19 years ago
A cuckold story of a whimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You started out with a partner that cheated and was left behind. No fight or warring story. Then she decides that she wants him back and tricks him into coming back; ie. blackmailing some school for a job. Then on their first date he takes her back with love and kisses??? As if this would ever happen. He would have to be a very weak man to ever trust her again. Also how would he feel about having his job bought for him?? Started good and finished bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Re: "A cuckold story of a whimp!!!!!!!!!-jdeere"

Ok jdeere, perhaps he is something of a wimp, but love runs differently in all of us and sometimes a good man who's not exactly a dominant personality (read wimp in your terms) is whom a woman wants in her life. Some men are pure dominants, and others are simply loving and considerate without desiring nor needing to be the dominant partner. That doesn't disqualify them from being great partners in life for some woman.

Back to the story now. Sure Mariah cheated, a young and immature mistake, and she paid for it, losing the guy she loved. Took a few years to realize exactly how much she lost, but she learned that.

It took guts for her to try for a second chance, especially with such a formidable family behind John, and even though that little trick to set up his new job wasn't exactly right from a moral standpoint, she had to get John within reach to even have a second chance.

John's father seems to have understood what she was doing, and as long as she keeps her part of the unspoken bargain, he wouldn't stand in her way. Mess up and hurt John again, and Mariah's toast. I certainly wouldn't want to face the wrath of John's parents.

At least she didn't try any tricks beyond projecting her feelings when they were face to face. Straight honesty and openness is the best approach for her in this situation.

Anyway, it was a good story, well written and very good at exploring both people's feelings and fears in a quite awkward situation.

My thinking anyway,

Kydreamer

thebulletthebulletover 19 years ago
She paid her dues.

What is it with the Loving Wives nazis? Isn't it possible that the girl could learn her lesson? It appears to me that the woman did in fact get burned badly enough that she was reformed the hard way. It cost her years of her life being miserable to get back to where she had been before.

The story was a good one. Reading it from both POV's was a good choice because it enabled the writer to examine the feelings of both people.

sherlock40sherlock40over 19 years ago
She paid her dues????

What story were you reading? I read a story where the wife fucked around on her husband for years. Then, when she is caught, is soooo sorry that she did this to her husband. Yeah, she was so sorry, that she continued her sluttish behavior for several more years. After finally discovering that sex and love do go hand in hand, she uses her influence in business to blackmail a school into offering her ex a job.

And what is her ex doing in all these years? Trying to get the betrayal his wife did to him out of his mind. Coping with trust problems that she caused. Never being able to have an honest relationship because of what she did.

Then the husband comes to town to take his new job. She sets him up in the park, rides rough-shod over him to get him on a date. Her only true feeling might have been when she met the parents.

He should have stood up more for his own feelings, but she wore him down in the end. Of course, when she gets back in a stable relationship with him, will she go back to her old ways? I hope not.

If she paid her dues in life, I say he paid quite a bit more.

I liked the two view points. Your writing was very good.

Lou NuttickLou Nuttickover 19 years ago
Not quite convincing

I agree with those who maintain that the cheating wife has *not* paid her dues. Sure, she promised the ex "anything," but from his point of view, she had already demonstrated that her words could not be trusted. What had she *done* to prove herself? Words are cheap; especially hers. What penance has she performed to demonstrate her true remorse?

As to his parents' threats: get real. If she screws him over again, what are they going to do? Tell all their friends how faithless she is? (As if they don't already know?) Hire a hit man? (As if they'd know how to go about it?) Really, their threats have as much substance as her words.

All that aside, I did like the writing and the basic sentiment; I just don't think she'd done enough to prove that she'd had a true change of heart.

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Loved the writing....

Reading from the two POVs gave us the whole picture..thanks.

I am not saying that the husband is a wimp, but I am saying that I really don't think she understood completely the mess she made. Its fair to guess that the relationship is not going to be a fairytale, because he really do have trust issues. Well, I hope she doesn't cheat on him again.

LastoftheGreatMikeysLastoftheGreatMikeysover 19 years agoAuthor
More to come

I have internet access problems at the moment. Chapters 2 and 3 are coming folks.

writingqueen11writingqueen11about 19 years ago
To All the Assholes

For all those who don't know,love is a very powerful emotion. In this story they had 8 years together and 5 years apart. So it wasn't like they broke up and got back together in 5 days. Sometimes things just happen like that. So in my opinion John wasn't a whimp he was just a man that was hurt and decided to finally let go and forgive. To me that takes a lot more courage then holding on to your anger and letting it consume you. So that is why I gave this story a 5.

If women can forgive men all the time for their trangressions, why can't a man forgive a woman? Some of the people who are reading this story need to just remember that question the next time you want to write a comment on this story.

writingqueen11writingqueen11about 19 years ago
To All the Assholes

For all those who don't know,love is a very powerful emotion. In this story they had 8 years together and 5 years apart. So it wasn't like they broke up and got back together in 5 days. Sometimes things just happen like that. So in my opinion John wasn't a whimp he was just a man that was hurt and decided to finally let go and forgive. To me that takes a lot more courage then holding on to your anger and letting it consume you. So that is why I gave this story a 5.

If women can forgive men all the time for their trangressions, why can't a man forgive a woman? Some of the people who are reading this story need to just remember that question the next time you want to write a comment on this story.

angelicminxangelicminxalmost 19 years ago
Oh, wow, Mikey...

I have tears rolling down my face! An eloquently told tale. Excellent work! ~Minx

fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
Kinda have to agree...

she really hasn't proven herself yet.

Let's see, first she rips his heart out by cheating for years with numerous men. Then, when caught, instead of being remorseful she wants to continue screwing around without him doing the same. After he walks out (THANK GOD!)she continues to screw around with multiple partners for *ANOTHER FIVE YEARS*. Boy, she sure did learn *her* lesson. Then she comes to an Epiphany - all that meaningless sex is not fullfilling - isn't that a shocker!

Okay so after *three whole months* of being celibate she blackmails a school into hiring John. And then ambushes him when he gets back.

Now really folks, this is not the kind of behavior you look for in a life long partner. And male or female makes no difference! Nice to know that during all those years of being "miserable" she was learning all those sexual tricks she is now going to use to make it up to him.

In the meantime he was an emotional cripple that was unable to sustain a relationship. Now *that* was a miserable way to spend five years.

Nice writing Mikey. Look forward to more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Bit unrealistic...

I can't see a selfish slut like Mariah believing she's found her soul mate while fucking other men, multiple times, on her husband's bed. Of course, I can see people like her remorseful, and even guilty, but only after the fact, after they lose something they love. A selfish reaction (which I noticed Mariah did have). So there were realistic parts to her character, but characterizing her love as pure and eternal is completely unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Could John be any more of a wimp?

Why did this wimp even bother to say no in the first place? Near the beginning of the story Mariah asked John (with the intent of cuckholding him with many men for an extended duration and then resuming their marriage when it suited her) "Like...well...do you think you could handle me dating other men?" John turned her down and left. Now if I'm not mistaken, didn't she have sex with many other men for five years and then manipulate John back to her when it suited her? For those of you who haven't followed my logic: didn't she get almost exactly what she wanted, when she wanted it, for as long as she wanted it, while John just ate her shit for 5+ years?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Could John be any more of a wimp?

Why did this wimp even bother to say no in the first place? Near the beginning of the story Mariah asked John (with the intent of cuckholding him with many men for an extended duration and then resuming their marriage when it suited her) "Like...well...do you think you could handle me dating other men?" John turned her down and left. Now if I'm not mistaken, didn't she have sex with many other men for five years and then manipulate John back to her when it suited her? For those of you who haven't followed my logic: didn't she get almost exactly what she wanted, when she wanted it, for as long as she wanted it, while John just ate her shit for 5+ years?

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
To the Asshole talking about how strong love is

Pull your head out of your ass. A chocolate double-decker Moonpie, washed down w/a chocolate milkshake will give you the same feeling. This wasn't a one-time cheat. She was "Aiming Circle Annie"! Plus, you forgot her great idea of her screwing around but he couldn't! Then she alept her way to the top. Can you spell "Slut" any other way? Every man knows you bang sluts, but you never marry them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WTF???

Romance ... don't make me laugh!! The author and John have one thing in common .. they both suck!! How's that for commentary for this POS story! Oh, I hope I wasn't too harsh!

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Good basic ideas; needs some editing.

Too many grammer errors or typos that detract from the read. Need to work on the male for better consistency of strength of character versus the many indecisive thoughts that didn't square with his determination to be free of the unfaithful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Slut

Once a slut, always a slut...This is one think you can take to the bank. A bitch is really a bitch. This women is a bitch...

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Boy she really played him

Nice story about a female whore! Well written and set out. You did wonderful job getting us to pity the poor castrated cuckold wimp ass boy friend. She really had his balls In her handbag. From swinging gang banger to trustworthy girl friend yeh right. Once a cheater always a cheater it would just be a matter of time given the empowerment you gave her in manipulating every aspect of the relationship while keeping him dumb and in the dark. Excellent writing I wish I had that talent. Will keep my eyes open for mOre of your stories

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 10 years ago
About Anonymous' attack on jdeere's comment

I agree with jdeere, that man (John) is a wimp. Betrayal is unacceptable, unforgivable and destructively painful but one can forgive it as a mistake if he or she wants to. But Mr. Anonymous forgot Mariah's proposition later. WTF man, she is giving her soul to him but body to whoever she wants to?!!! Good luck Mr. Anonymous for the way you think and................ Whatever, I liked the story though I felt the same as jdeere...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Chicken Shit

He should of told her to go someplace and die when she asked him what it would take to get back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a Wimp

I guess, "Once a cheater, always a cheater" he forgot that phrase?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
WITH HER TRACK RECORD AND ATTITUDE

long range planning is not an option. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
NFW!

What a cuck. Me, I'd of run for the hills upon seeing Mariah again. Really though, I would of, quit my job, packed all my things, changed my cell phone number, and said good bye to my parents. Leaving no information as to where I was going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WOW too easy

a 1 star WIMP story.

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

She's a whore and a controlling bitch. She even strongarmed someone into offering him a job. All just to get him back where she could attempt to control him again. Hell probably has a special section for people like her. 2stars .

tiercenpttiercenpt14 days ago

Idk what u imagined with this story.

For one it's in the wrong category. Loving wife is more suitable for this part.

Secondly, she can't be that sorry if she kept on fkn other dudes right on.

That's some guilt over loosing a 8yo relationship by your own doing.

She wasn't. Building a story from that premise is just cuck territory, which again romance is not the genre. And should've put in tags too, totally misleading tags.

I get it that u try to get traction to your story, but a good story will do it eventually anyways.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous