All Comments on 'Gone Country'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice Story

Very nice story. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

beachfreakwhvbeachfreakwhvover 7 years ago
Yaaaahhh!

Yes I love it!!!

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Insightful.

Got the "road" part pretty much right, also hinted at the availability of "companionship" for the musicians nightly in the bars. Had a friend that gave up music after his fourth wife and marriage cratered. Missed it but was much happier. Kelly's are hard to find in that business. Thanks for the story and for sharing your talent. Enjoyed it.

pappy

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
We have some things in common....

Well written, and a delightful happy ending which I wasn't expecting (country songs end sadly, don't they?). I have a deceased wife and an ex-girlfriend and I miss the hell out of both of them. But as you said, "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". So true.....

trigudistrigudisover 7 years ago
Enjoyed It.

A true and plausible romance (people do re-marry after deciding to try again) without the usual, formulaic, graphic sex scenes.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
Very Satisfying

As one trolls through Literotica one finds endless unsatisfying stories. You don't like the "hero" or the "heroine"; you can't identify with anyone (always a key point with me) and people continually do stupid things. Then you get to a story like this one and you just lean back, hit the 5* button and feel pretty good. There's no reason why romance should make you miserable, but it is nice when it makes you feel really good. No one in this story did anything despicable; mostly did what fit their characters and didn't suddenly turn into nymphos or Casanovas. Just people living their lives and finding happiness in the process. Thanks for the break!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ditto, 5*

Ditto what Overcritical said.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
I like the story

But I question Kelly and her love. She wanted better, but just never could find it??? SO she went back to second choice?

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Good read

Thanks for sharing.

muze1602muze1602over 7 years ago
Great story

Echo the comments from over critical. It's a good story filled with human fallibility, normal regrets and lost loves but with a happy ending. I'm also a sucker for anything music related. So yeah, thanks.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

"I sometimes wish I was the guy that could be okay with that but I'm not." - Even if he COULD be okay with that, it would have to be like with her friend - an "understanding". Here, she went behind his back. I find it interesting that her friend didn't say anything about her husband "getting any" on the road!

"it would have broken my heart all over again to see you." - Broken YOUR heart? You're the one who broke HIS heart!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Sampkyang

No, not second choice! First choice!

She loved him and wanted to be with him but couldn't, or didn't think she could, handle his life on the road.

Now, she's older, more mature, and realizes what's really important in life and is going for it!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for a lovely story.

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Another wonderful story

I am a fan of yours. You are a fantastic story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very decent story

A believable liveable take

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm a fan

I loved it. Good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
TIS GOOD YA!

I'm a fan too! Well it does it for me too! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Friggin Way!

Stupid fool to even thing about getting back together with Kelly, let alone marrying her.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 7 years ago
Women hate

To see a meal ticket wandering around free. They need to take advantage until the next piece of excitement floats past...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
You

Are an idiot.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

A shame the guy didn't learn from his mistakes, but instead chose to repeat his first one.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
It's funny that Kelly didn't even know what it was she was missing...

She'd kind of thought it was sex that she was missing. And she was decent enough to request the divorce before she stepped out on him...But it turned out all she was missing was companionship - as evidenced by the fact she didn't have sex immediately upon her divorce...

So she broke both of their hearts with the divorce...

Interesting that she eventually decided a career of her own wasn't "keeping her warm at night" and she traded IT in to get her husband back (and get her own family)...

Except for stopping drinking as a side effect of one of his relationships, "Everybody's so different, I haven't changed" applied to him...

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Nice Romance

Could have been entitled Gone RVing instead. I usually don't like RAAC stories, but this one made sense. She had plenty of time to think about what she wanted and what she would be getting into if they got back together. And she dumped him before cheating on him the first time. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Liked it. 5-Stars

I've read and enjoyed most of the work you've shared and this is as good technically as any of them. The reconciliation seemed a reach but not unbelievable and I'm a sucker for happy endings. Thanks for sharing!

sirelcsirelcalmost 5 years ago
Sad story of a musician

I've got a few acquaintances that are musicians. I'd love to call them friends, but I cannot without lying. To them I am a steady friend.. when they are in town. That is of course the issue. The 'lifestyle' eats up a person. They give their all for the music. Most feel it's worth it.

I look at my wife and son and know their lifestyle would never be mine. Too much to give away.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad but true

Everything has a cost, we sometimes forget that. Well written.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Great story

Sometimes the good guy wins. Like your stories, like your style. There's enough trauma in life, I don't need stories where everyone ends up miserable. Just as soon read yours with some reasonably good ending.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Easy 5 stars. I love it when the good guy ends up happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There is an old saying in Eastern North Carolina,

"You never let the same dog (dawg) bite you twice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She didn't bite him. Jesus did you read the story? He was on the road and they were kids. She couldn't handle it but she did the right and honorable thing and told him. She didn't cheat, she needed to move on. Things are different in the present, they can travel together. It's lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved It!

Great character development!I felt as though I knew them. Great the way Kelly just walked into the club after 15 years apart. And I’m a sucker for a happy ending. ~ 5 stars!

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Terrific story and ending. Buy a bigger RV. More room for babies!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Great!!! At least Kelly never cheated on him...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yessss

A really nice story which I feel is one of your best, BigGuy33. It's so realistic, short and sweet. 5*s.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 3 years ago

One of your best stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable. 5 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She continued. "I've never stopped loving you, Henry. I came here tonight...I wanted...Henry, I'm here to see if, well, to see if we could try again."

I had to make a conscious effort not to leap across the table to hug and kiss her. As much as I wanted to, logic and control needed to dictate the pace I told her I was just a pathetic cuck and would take her back nomatter how many men she fucked.

.

.

Fixed it for you

Myself112233445Myself112233445almost 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story, could have been 5 star if it was longer

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A very good story. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looks like most of us are in agreement, it is a very good story. If only cucky boy/girl? would just read the tale!

there- FIXED IT FOR YOU TOO!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR STORY BG, 5 STARS

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read, I loved the end when the two previously married soulmates professed their love that never stopped to each other and remarried and lived happily ever after. Well Done, writing was very good as was the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved reading it..looking for more of this ! 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Glad it worked out for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Urgh, hard to believe that she'd be happy living in an RV with him. It took her 15 years to come back, how long before she leaves again?

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Good story.

.

A quibble : sex lasts what, half an hour at most? Why, especially in LW but also Romance, are the guys always walking in on their wives/girlfriends right in the midst of intercourse? Isn't it more likely they'd find the adulterers lounging in bed talking or even sitting on the couch together, half-undressed, watching TV? It would be just as damning, and would add to the verisimilitude of the story.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A little sappy buy well written. Love, marriage, commitment a difficult thing under normal circumstances. We have all scene it in real life, break ups and romances of performing groups, the Mamas and Papas, Stevie Nicks and a lot of others. On the road most of the year, drugs and adoring fans. A rough life full of temptations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

in_bridges - a quibble! what the fuck kind of story would it be if she WASN'T fucking someone. BTW if sex for you is thirty minutes, one of you is REALLY getting shortchanged.

somewhere east of Omaha

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

I liked this story… a lot! Very nice ending. Shows that two people in love will try about anything to exist together. And, we all hope they succeed. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Short but one of your best.Thank you. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story is simply not for me,it really had nothing to hold my attention,just an account of a guys daily boring life and inability to keep a serious relationship because of his life choice.You have written really good tales, this is not one. You write well and after reading many of your works,I got the impression this story is the result of writing a story just for the sake of writing something....it's beneath your ability...JZK

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too young to remain faithful is a horrible excuse! Sometimes it is true.

Why do some people, in selfishness, hurt the ones who love them most.

15 years was a terrible price they both had to pay.

At least forgiveness won out.

Thanks for a wonderful Romance, it contained all the classic elements.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Top notch! 5 stars!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

I liked it until Kelly returned then it got a bit too sickly sweet for my taste. It started well because I thought it was an essay on loneliness. Anyway, I enjoyed it so 4 stars and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
bull

come on, you can't have a family touring in an RV

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

sad, but it's the same old story, women unable to stay faithful because they need lots of dick.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Realistic? I don't know as I've never been there. It makes for a good story though and does have a happy ending. Looked like Kelly just needed to grow up some and realize what she had thrown away. Henry seemed to be too forgiving but I guess true love did win out in the end.

TeggeTegge10 months ago

Warms the heart!

tinfoilhattinfoilhat9 months ago

This is a really nice story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I've read quite a few of your stories and they're all wonderful. This one could use a follow up, as long as it remains a romance. I would hate to read a story where they broke up again.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Heartwarming romantic tale .

Nicely written , and as usual , clear and easy to follow . What's not to like ?

DK . 4 * . Thanks for posting .

J6480J64806 months ago

Excellent big mon, keep em coming

Taco76310Taco763105 months ago

Isn’t that the guy who got dumped dream. The girl was never truly happy without him and wanted him back.

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Quite

Quite a decent story.

unclemerv77unclemerv773 months ago

I love these stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Everyone hopes to find that perfect mate, Thank you. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

Harvey8910Harvey891013 days ago

This is a good story and I gave it five stars. Sometimes a man and a woman on the road with two kids touring as he performs with his band can work out but the odds are highly stacked against them. Good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3099 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...