All Comments on 'Goodbye Girl'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story. I spent my early life on a Pennsylvania dairy farm and the descriptions in this story of farms and how they are disappearing are on the money. Nice romance.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great story by a master story teller. You don't need a lot of sex if you have a story to tell and know how to tell it. Of course the sexy ones are fun too! 😉

Thanks for the read.

Cheers SAGE

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply outstanding love story that l aves one washed clean and fresh. This one ale leaves one smelling the freshness that pervades my ranch after a good thunderstorm. Your perceptions transcend what is merely seen like seeing the layers of the real when you stare upward to the topmost branches outlined against the cobalt blue morning sky on a Santa Fe day…. This one goes on my favorites list to lift me up on gloomy winter days.

5 stars

pepepilotpepepilotover 1 year ago

A good storyline and believable characters make it easy to read and capture the imagination. That is about all anyone could ask for in a story. Great job and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, as usual. I thoroughly enjoy your works.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story as usual. My sister lived in Viola, it reminded me when you wrote Richlands Corner. Beautiful country up there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very glad you didn't break this up. A story worth telling as a story, not as a soap opera.

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 1 year ago

I loved it . 5 star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

more like would be welcome

NorthJerseyLearnerNorthJerseyLearnerover 1 year ago

Truly loved the story. Very well written and easy to follow.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

Once upon a time, when I was almost 60 and alone I met a woman who was pushing 50 and alone and we got together for 20 really good years before the Big C got her. We agreed that if we had met 20 years earlier we wouldn't have clicked and our meeting was just at the right time for both of us. So, too, for George and Claire. The time was right and they knew it. 5*

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800over 1 year ago

I live in east central Wisconsin but have been to that part of the state quite a bit. I also grew up on a small dairy farm and there were Farmall M’s all over the place. My grandpa had a John Deere 60 so I know of the sound they make. It is so enjoyable reading this story because the area and working on the barns and tractors is so familiar. I can imagine that is what mature people would do when reconnecting.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Yea, that's the kind of story I can get into and enjoy. Do think they should have gotten married though. I also keep thinking that they night not have heard the last from that dirtbag that was hitting on Claire. Guess one thumping was enough. There may not have been a lot of sex in this story but by God there was sure a lot of food, lol. Made me hungry, even though I had just finished dinner. Five gold stars, thanks.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Maybe it’s because I’m getting old and tend to reminisce, but this story really hit chord with me. Excellent narrative style with detailed descriptions that didn’t lag and characters that made the reader think back on their youth. 5*

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Great story,thank you very much !!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 1 year ago

Another lovely romance. Your characters really engage me as a reader. Thanks again for sharing your talents.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 1 year ago

I've served my time as the grammar and spelling police, and I hereby relinquish that duty to the plethora of Annies who can't be bothered to stand up for their critiques.

An excellent story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story A/C man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You always have a great story to tell. Enjoyed this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story! Read it in one sitting. Great story line, dialog, and descriptions. A real romance story. Hope you write more like this one. Don't need repetitious detailed sex descriptions of unrealistic porn to make a great story. Lit needs more stories like this one.

HragsHragsover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. One of the best ones I have read. Thank you for writing it.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story, loved it! I love stories like this so I thank you! Worthy of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS! Well worth 10.

OralinatorOralinatorover 1 year ago

Great story. Really like your description of how the Coulee Region has changed over the last few decades. Nice storyline concept of an old love that slowly rekindles from the ashes. Well done. Please ignore the comments from the old nags who think their only function is to critique spelling and punctuation. They can’t see true creativity through those school marm glasses. Keep the coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've enjoyed many of your stories and this one is right up there with the best. I like that your characters were regular normal people. Thank you.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

You’ve written another great story! I love the detailed description of the setting. You make this New England boy feel like I’m really there. Your characters seem like real people, too.

As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

des911des911over 1 year ago

Nice story. Credible characters, good plot lines, no ridiculous sexual gymnastics and an enjoyable read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Why did Claire change her name to Casey?

As far as I could see, that was never explained anywhere.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous