All Comments on 'Graduation Ch. 02'

by member9458

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
Rambling Author’s Notes For the Five of You Who Care About ~*~*~My Process~*~*~

Hey, remember back in September when I submitted my edits to the first chapter of this story, officially retitling it from “Graduation” to “Graduation Ch. 01” because Chapter 2 was gonna be done in a month, tops?

Boy, that sure worked out, huh?

Worse yet, after making you guys wait for almost a year, it’s inevitable that at least some of you are going to be disappointed. In fact, that’s actually part of why this took so long; I kept feeling like this wasn’t measuring up and I didn’t understand what I could do to make it better, make it fit. Here’s the interesting thing I realized, though: There wasn’t anything I could do. Barring assistance from an editor that I don’t have access to(*), this installment was pretty much what it had to be.

(*Of course, that’s totally not an excuse; you’re welcome to bag on me for errors in spelling, grammar, and overall judgment until I roll the dice on the forums or the Volunteer Editor’s Program.)

Once I decided to expand my standalone story into a multi-chapter saga, I hashed it out and decided that I needed six chapters. I had (and still have) specific ideas for what chapters 3, 5, and 6 would look like, but of course, that didn’t help me with chapter 2. So I took it back to character. In the first chapter, Penny was in charge; Caleb had to earn the privilege of being with her by playing her game. It made sense, then, to flip it for the second chapter and bring Penny into Caleb’s world a bit. This of course brought up questions about the power dynamic in Penny and Caleb’s relationship, which they dance around through the games they play with each other; first with Penny going full-blast dominatrix on Caleb, then with Caleb turning the tables on Penny in his home gym.

If you read closely, I think these questions are given interesting answers. It’s particularly curious that both Penny and Caleb trust each other completely, but don’t particularly trust themselves nearly as much. You’re welcome to theorize about this in the comments. In the meantime, the games they play lead them to directly confront a more immediate question: “What exactly do we want out of this?”

In one of those strange writer’s quirks, I didn’t even realize it needed to be asked until Caleb actually asked the question. Of course, they don’t know the answer, they just know they’re attracted to each other, and at this point, the only way out is through. But that’s the question that’s going to carry through the rest of the series: What is missing from each of their lives that compels them toward the other? Becca’s got the start of a pretty plausible theory about Penny, and it shouldn’t be too hard to read between the lines and figure her out (hell, you can even just read some of the lines themselves). On the other hand, if all Caleb wanted was someone to bone down with, why Penny Piper and not Danielle Carlson?

This chapter had to set all that up and a lot more, and as a result, the erotic aspect of it is a bit of an afterthought. The sex scenes don’t last long, they’re not that varied in terms of the actual mechanics of it, and unlike the steady build of the first chapter, I interrupt the sexual momentum here to talk about Caleb’s childhood and how his mom ended up with Becca—it’s information that’s going to become important down the line, but it needed to be dropped in *now* so it had time to properly settle in before I paid it off, and that was the best place for it to fit. Still, stuff like that led to chapter 2 feeling a little different from chapter 1, and I had to give myself permission to let it exist on its own terms. I had to force myself to stop thinking of it as more of what made the initial story great; it’s simply what came *after* that story.

Of course, I don’t mean to shield myself from criticism here; if this story has problems, that sucks, but I gotta own them. That’s how my stories have fewer problems down the road. All of this is just to give you a general idea of the grind of writing of this story. That grind, along with the project ADD that I talked about in my author bio and that fucking mirror in the gym sex scene (no joke: at one point my body completely locked up after I tried a little too hard to keep track of Penny, Caleb, and their reflections that Penny brought to life in her mind), added up to 11 months between chapters 1 and 2. I can’t lie: I’ve got so much on my plate you’re probably going to see a bit of a gap between chapters 2 and 3 as well. But on the bright side, I think I know what I want to do for Chapter 4 now, which would leave this story completely outlined in my head and potentially reduce turnaround times.

One last thing: Some of you might be wondering why I submitted this under First Time when nobody’s cherry gets popped. Honestly, it’s because I thought it’d be harder for the audience of the first story to find it if I dropped it into, say, Erotic Couplings. But in my defense, the series as a whole deals with sexual awakening. It’s actually right there in the title: Graduation. Ascension. It doesn’t stop with the actual act of losing your virginity; there’s always more to learn. Furthermore, this specific chapter is about first experimentation with domination and submission. It may not be true in other future chapters, but the next chapter is going to deal with yet another first. I mean, I respect any annoyances that I’m not following the spirit of the category, but if it helps the people who really got behind the initial story find new additions months after the last one drops, I’ve got no problem with merely following the letter.

Once again, to all those fans of the first story, thank you SO MUCH for your patience and support; I hope I haven’t let you down too much. And if I have, hopefully I’ll win you back with future chapters—or at the very least, I didn’t taint the original story for you. And for all my readers, thank you so much for your time; my stories tend to ask for a lot of it, and you only have a finite amount to give, so don’t think I don’t appreciate your trust.

motoshead89motoshead89almost 7 years ago
Another great chapter

After rediscovering the first chapter only recently this has come as a timely surprise. You mix the character growth and exposition very seamlessly with some awesome sex while hinting at potential issues without smacking us readers in the face with them.

I will admit that I reread the section of Caleb walking in on his mom and stepmom 3 times before assuming that it will be explained later and moving on. Hell of a way to introduce the parents.

member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
@motoshead89

Yeah, I'll take responsibility for how I introduce the parents. I was definitely trying to guide the reader into a specific thought process that mimicked Caleb's: "Wait, what? Oh. OH. Oh no." Clarity should come first, though; I thought it'd be fine, but if it wasn't for you, I apologize.

Thanks for revisiting the first chapter, and other than that little hiccup I'm glad you loved the second!

Geon54Geon54almost 7 years ago
Thanks!

"No, it only SOUNDS hot. In practice you will never stop laughing at me."

"I'm kinda laughing at you now."

Me too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really really good

I just discovered ch 1 and 2. Among the very best I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Love it

I love it when I find an author who combines literature with erotica. So many of these stories are mostly fucking, but without either the buildup or the psychology. I really appreciate your well-constructed stories, good grammar, careful editing (even if you edited it yourself), and interesting characters.

Please give us more!

member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Love it)

God dammit you just helped me figure out what my avatar on this site should be. Not that it matters, maybe five of you will see it (assuming it gets approved) and if I'm lucky only two of you will get it. Still, I'm cackling just thinking about it, so thanks.

Honestly, guys, this is probably going to change now that I'm about to put the hex on it, but frankly the run I'm about to point out has been so rewarding, any change would just feel like a natural correction. I hear so much bitching about anonymous comments on this site, yet the vast majority of comments on this series so far have been anonymous, and nearly every single one of those has been encouraging and/or constructive. The *worst* anonymous comment I've gotten was more nitpicky than anything, and even THEN it was still well-intentioned enough that I feel bad saying that much.

What I mean to say is this: I feel like this series has pulled in a whole lot of friendly, courteous people so far, whether they're head over heels for it or they have reservations, and I'm deeply thankful for you all.

All right, now let the backlash begin.

DakishambadaDakishambadaalmost 7 years ago
Keep up the good work!

Other than the aforementioned stumble with the introduction of Caleb's parents, this is an incredibly well-crafted story! This chapter felt like a natural progression from the first, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here!

That said, I'd be interested in offering my services as an editor, if that's still something you feel you're needing. I have some experience in the field, though it's been some years. If not, I'll be waiting patiently for the next installment!

member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
Attention female readers!

I was re-reading this and had a thought, one I probably should have had a while ago.

There's a point in this chapter where the concept of consent gets...well, funky. There's actually a couple of them, but I'm specifically talking about Caleb continuing to have sex with Penny even after she passes out from her orgasm, and how she handles that. Obviously that's the kind of situation where I wish I was able to run this story by someone else (speaking of which: Dakishambada, if you're reading this, I'll contact you privately at some point), particularly a woman, to get a perspective from someone who didn't come up the way I did.

I won't insult the term "feminist" by being the 90,000th doughy white boy to call himself one; I'll let others decide if that's who I am, hobbyist porn and all. What I will say is that I want people across all genders to feel comfortable reading this story if it happens to otherwise be their thing. So if you're a woman and you have something to say about that scene or any others—whether it's fine and you think I'm overreacting, or you have issues with the presentation, or anything inbetween—I absolutely want to hear from you. Anonymous or signed, privately or publicly. Doesn't matter. I can't promise I'll agree, but I promise to listen, to respect your right to your opinion, and—if you share it as a comment—to shut down anyone who doesn't.

Hopefully, I'm just being my twitchy self and most of y'all are cool. But if I'm not, by all means, take me to school. Either way, thanks again for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Most Enjoyable!

Love the way you are building up the characters into three dimension people. So much more interesting and makes it a worthwhile read rather than just porn. Thank You! :)

dottie86dottie86almost 7 years ago
Loved it!

A great chapter two, I believe there is a chapter 3....but I will defer to you the author if not. Well written, I like a slow buildup and where it goes from there and you delivered. Keep writing, I love all writers on this site, ---it's entertainment---including ones that may not do as well as you....so don't let the negative comments get one down. After all YOU are in the arena and not sitting of to the side with the rest of us....

member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
@dottie86

Thanks for the kind words, Dottie! You know, there's really not much about any of the comments that have gotten me down. Even the few critical comments I've gotten have been respectful, honest, and never mean, and I'll take that over blind praise any day of the week (not that I don't like blind praise!). Honestly, the only way I could be happier with the feedback I've been getting is if I was getting more of it, and I appreciate your contribution to that dream!

There's no Chapter 3 yet, but there will be. It'll be a while out because I'm juggling other projects, but it'll happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More please!!!

Fantastic reading! Both ch 1 and 2 are an absolute delight to read! I finished this chapter and was very hungry for more.

member9458member9458almost 7 years agoAuthor
CHANGELOG

Right on time (I also did this for Chapter 1 three months after I submitted it), I've got some edits coming down the pipe for Graduation Chapter 2. These edits aren't as extensive as they were for the first chapter; the biggest thing is that I beefed up the part where Caleb walks in on his parents in order to make it clearer what had happened. There's also a couple of extra wisecracks in the talk through the door they had after. (They come one after the other, playing off Becca's Eric Clapton remark.) And on top of that and the usual typo fixes, I added an extra little beat to the Slurpee standoff near the end to pace it a bit better; probably shouldn't elicit more than a "huh, neat" from you guys, though.

That's all! For the record, Graduation Ch. 3 will *probably not* be my next story, but it's still cooking; paitence and faith, as usual. For the moment, hope you enjoy this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A wonderful romantic short story

Love the story and character. Looking forward to the next chapter. PLEASE continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent job

I just wanted to say that I have done a lot of writing and even more critiquing. You are an excellent writer. You could easily make a living writing erotic romance-- or any other kind of genre you might want to pursue. The story is interesting and I don't find many characters I actually care about on Literotica. Not only are Penny and Caleb funny and totally relatable, but your secondary characters are real people as well-- I truly hope you are pursuing a career in writing. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Excellent job)

Gosh, thank you! That's a really nice thing to say about me and my work. For the record, yes, I'd love to make a living at this, and I'm juggling multiple projects both erotic and otherwise. But as you can see from the gaps in time between submissions, consistent output isn't really my strong suit, and that's key to getting paid to do this shit.

Honestly, though—and this is so easy to say, but I really do mean it—I'm just glad people like you are willing to tell me how much they enjoyed reading this story, or even what they didn't enjoy so much. Money would be great, and maybe one day I'll try to make some off this story, but ego boosts and lessons in how to get even better can be just as validating. So again, thank you! And I hope you enjoy what comes next...whenever it comes, anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hot, romantic, and very sexy

Plenty of growth opportunities. I really enjoyed the sensitive development of this teacher student relationship. Look forward to future chapters. If there aren`t any, it has been a joy to enjoy these two chapters.

danish_green_eyesdanish_green_eyesover 6 years ago
Absolute fantastic

I love how you seem keep seeing the situations from both sexes point of view !

Really enjoyed reading this - would be really great to read a ch 4 :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Honestly, this story has floored me. As another anon commenter said, I've done some writing (though probably considerably less than them) and a metric ton of time critiquing (in my head) stories from quick jerk offs here on lit to sappy romances written by sappy teen girls on wattpad to genuinely amazing stories here and on wattpad.

I entered the First Time section not really expecting anything amazing, but hoping for something that will impress and arouse me and I found it in this story. I really, REALLY hope that you keep writing this and that it doesn't die out like so many other tantalizing stories just making their first steps into the world.

I will be avidly paying attention for new chapters throughout the next few years. I hope you can publish and make money off of this story when it's complete, because I would shamelessly walk into the erotic romance section of a bookstore to get a paper/hardback copy of this. That's saying something, since I'm socially awkward and can barely buy a soda from the gas station without breaking out in a nervous sweat. So yeah, keep on keeping on, love the characters, setting, story, transitions from conversation and sex and most of all, the themes incorporated into each part. For instance, focus on consent and how to react if your partner passes out and all that that implies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Female perspective

So I am a female who has read this, absolutely brilliantly written. I thought the passing out bit was brilliantly handled, and accurate in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great writing. .

Great writing. You have talent. For some reason I found the first chapter easier reading, perhaps because I was just getting to know Caleb and Penny. The dialog was less interesting in chapter

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (Great writing. .)

Totally agree to an extent. Once I started writing this I noticed that the "rhythm" between Caleb and Penny was different right away. It's not that there's no more tension between them, it's just that they fell into a more familiar kind of romantic tension; after all, Penny technically isn't his teacher anymore. There's pressure to hide the relationship, but it's markedly easier to do so since just about everyone who would be in a position to find out and spread the word is leaving town in a couple of months. And however guilty Penny may feel, and however aware Caleb might be of how...interesting his situation is, they've both accepted that there's a connection here that they cannot run from.

Which I like, frankly! It sidesteps the expected, annoying back and forth of "We can't keep doing this, it's wrong BUT YOU'RE SO HOT," and frees me up to explore themes like sexual repression, how men define "manhood," love vs. lust, and a couple of others I haven't really broached just yet. But the drawback is that the kink gets sucked out of it. I mean it's right there in the chapter descriptions: Chapter 1, it's a nerdy teacher and a jock student. Chapter 2, they're just Caleb and Penny. So I kinda wouldn't blame anyone for being disappointed, but in the end, I feel like I'm still being honest about how that relationship evolves, and that's way more important to me.

Of course, the million dollar question is: Could a better writer have preserved that kink while evolving the relationship beyond just dragging out "Les Cousins Dangereux" for multiple chapters?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More please

More chapters are needed! :D

Loved part 1, part 2 was just as good...we need more! :D

RobblarRobblarover 6 years ago
I likey

From your last comment, I like the evolution of their relationship from student/teacher to caleb/penny. So far, it's well written and enjoyable.

Personal opinion, I'm hoping for a happy ending for the 2 of them...together, but I know some authors don't do that. Guess I'll have to keep reading to see how it ends?

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
@Robblar

Here's the thing about where this is going:

• On one hand, love stories with bittersweet endings aren't really my favorites. I'm a "love conquers all, up to and including cancer, what's this crap about yin and yang, get that stupid bullshit out of here" kind of guy.

• On the other, when Penny tells Caleb in the first chapter, "I'm always going to be your teacher," I agree with her. And I firmly believe there's a certain amount of codependency in sexual relationships between students and teachers that makes a completely happy ending impossible.

These are two very different thoughts occupying my headspace, and that's fascinating to me. I'll tell you what I told somebody in the comments of the last chapter: I'm hopeful that the ending I have planned, whenever I get to it, will be considered a lot more interesting than either straight-up "true love, happily ever after" or straight-up "they didn't make it, but it was all about ~*~*~the journey~*~*~," even if it might lean more towards one than the other.

Thanks for your support; I hope knowing all this doesn't end up pissing you off!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I hear what youre saying

I hear what your saying about how they prob wont have a happy happy ending, but call me a sap, i want to see them have a happy ending together!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it

I rarely if ever leave comments But your writing stands out and I hope this story continues.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 6 years ago
Loving it so far

I haven't much to add that hasn't already been said, so this is going to be a short comment.

Loved the fact that you can't tell from the start if they're going to end up together or not. Usually this type of story here on lit loses the suspense pretty soon, and I've seen multiple spots where you could have hinted at it. On the other hand, this lack of hints makes me think that they won't, which is really sad for me. Can you tell I love a good "overcoming the odds" story?

In specific, that "I will always be your teacher" comment makes me think that this is more of an "introduction to adulthood" thing, which is not really my cup of tea, but again, that's a personal preference thing...

I love the characters, she's not a cougar on the prowl, he's not your typical "get your rocks off" jock, and you can see real growth on both sides... It's usually just the kid who grows in any sense, so that's extremely refreshing.

It'll be interesting to see society's take on this, since she's teaching on the school she attended, there's bound to be mutual acquaintances popping up if they're ever seen together in the open.

Also, loved the parents. They're real people, not just frowning or enabling placeholders...

I'll keep following this, however long it may take... Keep it up!

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
@Moralez18PT

Thank you very much! If that's a short comment, I'd love to see what one of your long comments looks like!

A couple of things. First off, thanks for complimenting Caleb's parents; I'm unreasonably proud of them, both for the reasons you put forward and for the characterizations I came up with. This is, to be sure, Penny and Caleb's story, but you're going to learn a little more about them as well, and I can't wait to see how you (and other readers) react.

Second, about this being an "introduction to adulthood" story that can't end with the two of them together...

I mean, you're right; it's a coming of age tale through and through. And that means there are certain tropes in that genre that those who know it well enough can expect. Here's the thing, I'm not one of those dudes who thinks tropes are inherently bad. There's a loud subset of people out there who think that good storytelling is "unpredictable" storytelling, and while that's not wrong, I don't think it's a hard and fast rule. Every now and then you get a story or a movie that just seems to wipe its ass with the rules and it's fucking great, but if every story was a game of narrative Calvinball, it would get exhausting quick. I think what audiences respond to most is narrative *honesty,* and I think the tropes you're picking up on here are reflective of greater truths about life, as well as truths about the characters I've been so careful to flesh out.

But that doesn't mean there's no room to improvise within those tropes. As you've noticed, both the leads vary wildly from their stereotypes by design, and it's not just Caleb who's growing from this experience. I don't want to say too much, but this is a little more...complicated than your average "hey guess what, nothing in life is permanent" story of a boy becoming a man, and you should get a sense of that in the next couple of chapters.

I mean, they're a ways off because I'm doing a billion different things right now, but still. Thanks again for reading, and for your kind words!

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 6 years ago
Narrative honesty

Just my two cents worth, considering I just read the first three chapters of Faculty-in-residence that you so highly recommended...

Honesty is all fine and dandy, but the truth of the world is that all humans are assholes. Sure, you might call it "fallible" or "flawed" or even "multilayered" if you're feeling specially nice.

Speaking for myself, I don't read so I can get to the end and say "wow, that guy was such a douchebag"

Reading about a teacher's descent into debauchery, infidelity and becoming basically beyond redemption is not my idea of fun.

Yes it's true, yes it's a spectacular character study, yes it's a wonderful insight and yes, it's much more "real life" than most romances around here, but...

It doesn't make me feel happy and fuzzy, it makes me feel dirty and cheap.

And makes me feel like I wasted my time.

So please... If this is where you're going with this, let me know so I don't want my time.

This is no reflection on you as a writer. This is extremely well written, the imagery is very vivid and the dialogue is pure gold.

I just... Really hated that story LoL

member9458member9458over 6 years agoAuthor
@Moralez18PT

Please forgive me for not giving you a straight answer on this. Part of it is that I'm not entirely sure what you're concerned about. Another part of it is that I don't want to give the whole game away, and yet another part is...well, based on what I think you're worried about, whether or not you want to follow Penny's journey may depend on your views toward sexual expression. Which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, just a personal thing.

Tell you what: come back for Chapter 3 whenever it gets published. I suspect it's going to answer a lot of your concerns one way or another. If after that chapter you feel like this series isn't for you, no hard feelings, I apologize for wasting your time. But if you really want more detailed information, hit me up over e-mail through the "feedback" portion of my profile. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best.

Moralez18PTMoralez18PTover 6 years ago
@member

Yeah, that's what I get from commenting at 3AM, my point gets lost in the rambling...

I just realized that my "aversion" to roberticus' tale most probably means that I'm emotionally invested in your story... So I guess I'll just have to wait and see where this goes

Ramjet75Ramjet75about 6 years ago
Very Good Story

Also I see you do not crank out chapters very often. Fine, I will put this on my 'Check back' list. Yes, I have one of those. I find the best stories take time to compose. All I ask is that you do continue this story, I am interested in the long term of the characters, They seem like real people to me, you have made them that way. And to be Honest, I hope it goes well for them as a couple. So I'm a softie, I guess.

WELL DONE, SIR.

TrystenTrystenabout 6 years ago
Really enjoyed them

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I think these chapters are great. I hope we meet them again for No. 3, but I know how hard it is to put these tales out.

member9458member9458about 6 years agoAuthor
@Ramjet75 & Trysten

Glad you enjoyed these! Thanks for commenting! I went over this a bit in my profile (I write updates in there every month or so if you're curious), but let me go into what's holding up Chapter 3 right now: Basically, I had a plan for the chapter, got halfway through writing it, then realized that while the plan got Penny and Caleb to the place they needed to be at the end of the chapter, it didn't sit well with how they were developing as characters and as a couple, and I had to set it aside so I could figure out a plan B.

For the moment, I'm working on another story that I'm hoping to drop within the month. The good news is it'll be a complete story, the maybe-bad news is that it's a Lesbian Sex story, so no guarantees that you're interested. Still, though, even if girl-on-girl isn't really your thing, it's very story heavy. And I think it's a hell of a story, if I do say so myself. I hope you come back for it.

After that, I've got another story I'd like to release that I'm about half-done with, and there are others too at various stages of completion (you can read about them in my profile), but Graduation 3 will probably be on deck. That said, I'm going to warn you right now; after 3, it'll probably be a while before you see more from this series because I want to finish the last three chapters before I release them week to week. The way it's strucutred, 5 has zero sex, and that would be one thing, but 4's going to depress the hell out of you before ending on the rudest possible cliffhanger.

Thanks again for your support!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it

I thoroughly enjoyed both your stories. As a sometime editor and academic, you balance the personal and the sexy with the difficulties of student-staff relationships. I am amazed at the US courts' handling of real life cases. I'd love to have been guided and instructed by an older girl/woman as it's far more healthy than fumble and grope.

CoconutWaterCoconutWaterabout 6 years ago
Hoping for a happy ending

I'm a firm believer that many relationships that fail, do so because of a lack of commitment and a fear of the unknown. Love is a beautiful thing - accept it when it is offered and let it be enough.

Caleb and Penny are very engaging characters and I look forward to seeing where they go, but I also dread an unhappy ending for them. I've been through plenty of pain in relationships but also know the fulfillment of being with somebody who gets you and accepts you as you are. I guess I hope for the latter for these two.

I really appreciate the depth of your stories, which are enhanced by graphic sex but not entirely dependent on it. This story warms my heart. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Interesting

Very good first two chapters. The story needs more chapters...please

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Good story, enjoyed the dialogue

It took a while to write this because you sweat the details that add richness to your prose. Should you add another chapter, I hope that it will as well nurtured as 1 & 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hoping for Chapter 3!

Wonderful well written story. While I hope we see more of Caleb and Penny, I hope that at the end of the summer we see Caleb looking forward to new experiences at college. Glad to see the additional perspective provided by the mom and stepmom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More?

I'm loving the story so far, but pretty desperate for another chapter. Any update on if/when we can hope for it?

I'm too much of a romantic not to hope for a happily ever after for two characters that seem to genuinely like, respect and trust each other as much as these characters do. I definitely respect how you're addressing the inequality of power, and that's certainly an issue for them, but one I hope that they (and, by extension you) can figure out how to overcome.

Can't wait to see what (or who ;) ) comes next!

bob_socketbob_socketover 5 years ago
Great work, you have a new fan

Just wanted to say that I discovered you from your "Test shoot" story and then went straight to reading this story too. Really lovin' your work. There's a lot of mediocre stuff on this site so it's really nice when you stumble on someone who writes as well as you do. The care you take over the characters and plot really shines through. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more.

Also, I hope you're working on another chapter of this story, I think we can all see that it needs one but I can understand how it might be difficult to know which direction to take it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great actual stories...

I really enjoy the fact that you create and produce great true short stories where the sex is there but the story is more of the focus. Keep producing more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you so much for writing this. I wish I could go into details about why I love your writing and the characters but I sadly am not that loquacious. Just know I immensely enjoyed it and can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Chinese calendar.

8 year difference is the perfect match according to the Chinese calendar

Member389Member389over 5 years ago
Please sir

Once again another story out of the park!

My only catch is that Penny's an English teacher, she no doubt has a better list of synonyms for a penis than dong. After I read that, and references to Sixteen Candles I immediately thought of the character, drunk of his ass, hanging upside down from the tree in the front yard.

I'm going into fanboy mode and perform the usual request. 'Please sir, I want some more.'

If you do review it for errors I only found one where Caleb put on his ratty shirt and short that "she" had been wearing earlier.

JohngfaulhJohngfaulhabout 5 years ago
Consent Question

I think the way you handled the consent issue in chapter 2 was excellent.

In my mind, the consent by Penny was already given when she started seeing Caleb, and when she continued to see him.

I think you are right, Caleb is a romantic, and inexperienced. It’s all still a learning process for him, with someone who obviously has strong attraction and feelings for him.

He wants to be a considerate lover, and give Penny all the pleasure she wants and needs, She talks about her level of experience as well. Not all that far apart really but she does have more than he does. So for him it’s still learning. And he learns quickly. I read it more as him getting caught up in a new experience, not him taking advantage of someone who he obviously pleased to a great degree and who wanted him to take the control of the scene. The way Penny handled the situation was done so well. She might not be his teacher in school anymore, but she is still teaching him. He’s still learning the rights and wrongs. Her likes and dislikes. She pointed out a concern, he learned from her, and she made him feel better for the learning he did. No nasty repercussions. Just the joy he wanted to give her and her helping him learn and accept the gifts he can bring to her. If she was harmed in the scene I can see her getting upset, but she wasn’t. She got as much joy from it as he did. They are still learning about each other.

I thought the way you handled it was great. Not someone taking advantage of someone else. But two people with deep feelings for each other wanting the other to be the best they can be....What a loving relationship should be.

They have avoided using the word love, but I feel if it wasn’t there, they wouldn’t handle the awkwardness of a new relationship as well as they do in each situation.

Well Done!

Can’t wait for chapter 3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Happy Ever After

There have been so many comments about wanting a “happy ending” for these two characters that you have made so lifelike and realistic. I get the feeling that the comments wanting a happy ending are looking for a “lived happy ever after” ending and that is not real life and not true to the story that you have crafted thus far. After over 80 years of life I have never seen a life that was “happy ever after”. I perceive that a satisfying ending to this story (at least for me) would be for them being an open acknowledged couple who share a joint commitment to face the future together regardless of whatever their future as a couple may bring.

The open and insightful communication between your characters is what I find most interesting about this story. It seems at times that you must have a strong background in Psychology to be able to flesh out these characters so well.

Like all the others that have left comments I am eagerly waiting for chapter 3, but I do want you to take as much time as necessary to continue the excellent story telling that characterize the first two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks

Both of your articles were top notch & 5 stars. I improperly voted your first article with only one star & I liked that one better. Keep it up. Be creative & write more.

MunchABunchMunchABunchalmost 5 years ago
It's complcated!!!!!!

This is the 5th time I have read this story. I have enjoyed your re-writes..

But you have left this story open for more chapters. Both Caleb and Penny are new to the adult life of sex. They both have so much to learn, so let them learn together. Caleb has collage so Penny can go back to collage and work on her Teaching degree. They have already made a connection. Who knows where it will go. Age be dammed!!

Ed

PS I hope your life is settling!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Aftermath

So what happened when he did leave, perhaps to come back some time later?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keep it going

Please continue this story line... Keeps me on the edge of my seat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
idk

I will kill you. This is a death threat for the sole purpose of you saying no death threats. nah, but fr this is defiantly one of my favorite stories of all time. great writing. please add more to this story. I want to find out what happens. I love the characters and the writing style. have you done any formal education in writing? also do you live in Olympia area? you mentioned going up to tacoma in your story. I ask cuz I live in Seattle, lacy, centralia area (I live with a couple family members)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fucking seriously?!

This is really how you’re gunna leave it?!?! I feel like I have invested in their well being. Omg you can’t leave it this way!!! At least send Caleb to college. Lol

I love your writing style and I really enjoyed reading your stories. Thanks for sharing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesome!!

Just read these two chapters back to back, and I absolutely adore Caleb and Penny’s relationship! Getting into the kink of the teacher/student relationship is one thing, but this goes above and beyond in asking what they both want from one. I love how Caleb is so open to what Penny has to teach, and that he makes mistakes even when trying his best.

I can’t get enough of this, and hope it continues soon! Thank you so much! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
more

Please continue story! I love it, it keeps me interested and curious about outcome. So please write another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anon

I don't know if you're still alive or whatever but given the tease of chapter three on your twitter, I hope that it gets put here. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story Please continue.

I have enjoyed both chapters. Well written. More than just sex. Good charactors. U hope you continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It's been years!

As much as the title implies a scathing indictment of the length of time it takes to for another chapter to be released, let me assure you that I totally and completely understand. Sometimes writing things feels a bit like you're being wrung dry, so I totally understand if it would take a few more months or years before the next chapter comes... Or if you have decided to abandon this altogether.

The point I'm trying to make is this: I've followed this story since it was first published (I was the anon that commented on how I pictured Penny to be a cross between Honey Lemon and Scarlett Johansson) and even until NOW I'm so invested in it that I occasionally check back to see if it's updated. I'm sure most of the comments have already expressed how much this is a very well written story and it truly is-- if my re-reading chapters 1 & 2 like it was a book I missed is any indication. More than that, however, I just want to say that I really appreciate the exploration of Penny and Caleb's character against a backdrop that scrutinizes the intricacies of human intimacy and... Love.

It's very difficult to navigate a blossoming relationship through a complicated maze of lust, attraction, sexual liberation, and character growth and its nice to see how the characters struggle against becoming pigeonholed into a particular "type" or "storyline". And it will be interesting (at least for me... A hopeless romantic) to see them end up as the kind of "cliché" they were trying avoid.

Sorry I'm rambling I read most of the comments you left here and on the first chapter... I'm sorry I'm just so invested okay!

I don't know if you will ever get to read this, but in the slim chance that you might, I just want to say that I appreciate how you have taken time to write an actual story and not just some spank bang material. And I hope that you are having a wonderful time. I hope you find more opportunities to pursue writing morr stories like these in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic!

Just found your stories last nite. Now I’ve stayed up all nite reading both chapters. Guess I’ve really gotten into Caleb and Miss Piper!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Chapter three

Where are you? Really, a whole other series could be written about the dad/mom/stepmom story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good read

Both chapters were very well written and were really hot. Enjoyed the twists and turns. Some things were unpredictable which I like. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Excellent. Nicely paced. Of course would have been nice to have a follow up but there you go. You are the author and you call the shots. Good work. Keep it up.

mal321mal321over 3 years ago

i loved this..one one hand i would love to see this lovestory go on. but then again...no. they could stay together..for a while and then shit would happen or as it is now, they move on. him to college or whatever her back to teaching, both with beautiful memories. they are really good together. maybe they will become a forever couple. but id rather fantazise about that. i think it would just become repetetive or unrealistic to keep writing about it. that said im not totally against it :) you are a wonderful writer. you create real people we can believe in. the relations and interactions between characters are excellent and real. i love you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Come back

Please come back and continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Alright. So your writing is far above most, MOST of anything i have read, and i have read A LOT.

There is no reason this is not a love of a lifetime and lasts a lifetime! Who says it has to be relegated to fling material? Also, orient your reader more! Even though i read pt 1, there wete times i had to struggle to figure out what you were referring to.. These are 2 people who have found each other in this crazy and hostile world. They are so in synch and similar and compatible! Why tear this apart!?!?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This was not cracked. I enjoyed the first one. This was dumb feminist ads that are like that Gillette toxic masculinity commercial a few years back. No guy actually fucks their partner when their heads are lolling, like rag-dolls, from being passed out. A quasi-psa about a problem that only applies to sociopaths does not make for infotainment; it insults my intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can I just say that, whether you continue this one day or not, these two chapters have been an absolute delight! I come back to reread this constantly because I find the characters and dialogue so compelling. I love Caleb and Penny’s relationship, and I love that they have such a good rapport: bantering/joking with each one moment and having a serious conversation about the nature of their relationship the next. It feels very realistic and wholesome, and is absolutely a step above other Teacher/Student stories I’ve read that try to do something similar.

The sex scenes and everything leading up to them are really great too! The descriptions you use each scene are varied and hot, while still containing a lot of heartwarming little moments. I love that Penny is teaching Caleb as much as Caleb is teaching her, I think you absolutely nailed that part. And when one of them does something the other doesn’t find agreeable, like fucking an unconscious Penny in this chapter, afterward there is a serious discussion and they find their limits and agree on them. It’s all fantastic prose, really! :)

I would say that this series is one of my top favorites on this site. I find myself constantly comparing this to other stories, and Graduation always comes out on top. The characters feel real and incredibly charming, the situations feel realistic, and the sex scenes are blazing hot. (Penny’s Quiz and sending pictures in Chapter 1, whew!)

Thank you so much for writing this, dear author! Truly amazing work! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story line. Nice back story. Leans toward a little wordy but you tie it all together nicely. You make the characters human, with all the doubts and over thinking that comes with it. I hope there are a few more chapters. Parents find out, off to college, she moves in with him and changes schools, something along the lines of what happens to people who care for each other. Even if they don’t want to admit it. There’s been enough Ugliness in life lately a happy end would be nice for a change. And it is a well you can go back to as they go through life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would like to share a tale to show both readers and author that a life partnership between these two is not at all unrealistic. 70 years ago, my father was a 25 year old second year high school teacher. My mother was 18 and in her first year of a 3 year nursing program, having been in his chemistry class the year before. They ran into each other and he asked her if she wanted to go get a cup of coffee. Her parents adored him. His parents adored her. They were married the next year. I was born 2 years after that. They were a couple for 66 years, until he passed away a few days short of his 92nd birthday. At 88, she still wears his wedding band on a gold chain around her neck. I know nothing of his intimate life before her, but there is no doubt that he was her first and only love.

Penny has taught for 7 years, so she is 30 or nearly so. Caleb missed a year of school, so his 19th birthday has to be close. If they are reasonably discreet until he is well into his freshman year in college, I see no reason that they can’t spend the rest of their lives together. I suspect that his mom and Becca would be rather more accepting that either of them think. Author, if your vision for Caleb and Penny is not a life partnership, so be it, but in the real world, it would not be a fantasy.

HeartlandHarlotHeartlandHarlotover 2 years ago

The mix of action and buildup is tremendous. Dying to see what is next because you have made the characters matter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My only fears is that you’re cutting this off now without a finish.

You’ve made the characters so real that I feel as though I know them personally.

If this ends here it will be like a very good friend left town with no warning whatsoever & left no contact info. I really liked this story. 5 stars all the way.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just a short comment. Your characters are extremely well built when I compare your text to the others with the same theme. Not the stereotypical I landed a milf/I got fucked by a young stud stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really hope you will release Part 3 at some point

GentleTortureGentleTorturealmost 2 years ago

Their fucking in front of the mirror is one of the hottest things I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you ever decide to upload again, I hope you prioritize this series. It's just so much better than everything else on Literotica!

John237John237over 1 year ago

Fantastic writing; these characters are profoundly etched into my heart. I love how your detailed personality consistency has made them so real, so endearing, and so close to being in deep love with one another.

The second chapter ended abruptly and makes me beg you - here and now - for the next installment. There’s a lot of life remaining in this story. I hope we readers get treated to more of your brilliance. I’m an old soul sappy romantic old guy, and I’ve had a place in my soul for the younger male/older experienced woman taking patient lead. More please!!

S_FoxS_Foxabout 1 year ago

Thanks, love your writing skills, think there could be more before college, & even further down the line.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

These chapters are AWESOME. Caleb and Penny feel like real, genuine people, and I love how balanced their relationship is. You can tell they respect each other and there is a genuine bond there, and the physical attraction is great too. I loved Penny’s pop quiz in Chapter One, and Caleb’s training in Two. The dialogue is natural, real, and just flows down the page. Every action during the sex scenes is easily pictured, and the detail is incredible. Both of their feelings are conveyed expertly.

Best First Time story I’ve read on here! Truly excellent! :)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is such a great story! The characters and dialogue are done incredibly well, so I really hope you will write more chapters about their relationship soon!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

These two chapters are some of the most underrated on Literotica. I absolutely love them, and Penny and Caleb are awesome. The fact that they have real conversations about what the relationship is and what they want out of it is amazing. It’s not just about a Teacher/Student fetish, and your writing expertly makes that clear. This series is hot, cute, insightful, respectful, and should be in the top five in the “First Time” category as far as I’m concerned. I literally cannot say enough positives about it.

Thank you, this is wonderful! :D

Agent_AnonymousAgent_Anonymous3 months ago

I keep coming back to this because it's just so well written. I like the progression of their relationship. It sucks that it wasn't continued and the Author scrapped the 3rd Chapter that he wrote :(

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really liked this story. So sad it seems to have been abandoned by the author. No closure is a buzzkill.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermember9458@member9458
THE LATEST WORD 5.5.22 Hey y'all, I'm here for my yearly "I swear I've got stuff in development" cocktease. No promises on if or when new stories will see the light of day (those never seem to go well with me), but for those of you who still care, thanks for your patience. H...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Graduation Ch. 01 Previous Part
Graduation Series Info