All Comments on 'Green Eyed Dragon'

by Flutterby681

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Decent story - sort out your past/present tenses though; it will make a huge improvement in the readability :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Nice premise

This was an interesting take on a romance with a dragon. You have a good imagination, but need to work on your writing fundamentals. There should have been more dialogue between the characters instead of you telling us what they said. I hope you continue to write and hone your skills, because I'm sure you have more stories to share.

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 7 years ago
Good story. Editing could use some work,

as there were a lot of tense and grammar errors. You can also develop the ability to show us what's happening rather than telling us. I didn't feel like I was part of the story. It simply felt like someone was telling me how they met their partner. Nice but not like experiencing it yourself. I also didn't get a chance to like or dislike the characters, which means I'm not invested in them or the story. You could have stretched this into at least a 4 part serial and that would have been more satisfying.

Regardless, it was entertaining and I hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A few things:

Wandering, not wondering.

Wander - to walk around without purpose

Wonder - to think about something or someone

Passed, not past.

Passed Down - to give something to someone (passed down from generation to generation).

Past - something that has already occurred (it's in the past).

You need an editor to address your usage of past and present tense and your continued overuse of the same word in one sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
constructive crit

First of all,thank you for your submission. It is not easy to put your "idea baby" on public display. It is much appreciated. I did not enjoy your tale,and will detail my reasons-- First of all, for a three page story,you didn't really SAY anything. There was a lot of inner ramblings,and florid descriptions,but really no substance,no plot line,no character development;just "girl goes camping,meets a dragon-man,hears a story,falls in love,the end. It was boring. And yes,secondary to that was the need for a editor. Thank you for your time and effort-i will refrain from voting.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
few things

Emerald blue?

The root of the name emerald is a word meaning 'green gem'

Emeralds are always some shade of green, otherwise they would be some other gemstone.

Baby animals in the Fall?

They wouldn't be grown enough to survive Winter.

Baby animals are in the Spring.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 5 years ago

Great job! Please keep writing!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous