All Comments on 'Growing Josh Ch. 06'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
feelinromanticfeelinromanticalmost 11 years ago
Welcome back!

I was starting to wonder if I'd misread chapter 5 and it was the end! Soooooo glad to have a new chapter, and a really fun one too! Roll on chapter 7!

lisastpaullisastpaulalmost 11 years ago
Grown folks

Trent, Josh y'all don't live there anymore. Next time knock. So y'all don't see grown folks doing grown folks business. lol too funny.

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
A Resplendent & Joyous Chapter

Your tale had me laughing from Kevin's rescue in the beginning to the hairy butt comments about Josh and Mitch at the chapter's closing. I cried in the middle over finding the lads' ring. I cried about Darrin's successful tenure decision and Mitch & Darrin's well deserved sexual romp throughout the lower house. I LOVE this chapter. I LOVE the characters. The respite is probably over and the winds shifting again to conflict. I'm hopeful that the potlatch shall bring answers to Trent. Thank you reddirtwriter! You made my day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Yay! So happy to log on and find this waiting for me - thank you!

". . . usually you cuss so much better."

". . . Hanging around a goodie-two-shoe pussy like you has taken my edge off."

Happy to see Trent swearing less – swearing is a symptom of someone who is not in control of their own life – nice to see Trent learning and growing and taking responsibility for himself.

5 stars :-)

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 11 years ago

Thanks – 5 stars!

It's perfect. Well – almost. If you ever need a proofreader, give me a shout – just for little things like:

"Actually if all you guys do is laugh about it that's a lot less than I probably deserve." should read ". . . that's a lot MORE than I probably deserve.";

"STD's" should read "STDs";

". . . god only knows what else before stealing his clothes, money and keys and left him stranded in a crappy motel down by Altus." should read ". . . and LEAVING him stranded . . .";

"a large clump of iris'." – plural of iris = irises;

""Fine." Trent spit out," should read "Trent SPAT out";

"finding Josh and Max waiting for him when he arrive." should read ". . . ARRIVED."

etc. Little things. Your writing is beautiful.

Nice to see "enormity" used correctly – so many people get that wrong.

Very happy to see that Josh and Trent intend to have kids together.

I've 'favourited' this series. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Casey 1988

I loved the story. I was also laughing when Kevin Boorman told his story. Thanks for telling me what a Potlach was. I am sure I have herd the word mentioned by the Native Americans in South Dakota before, I don't remember. I was going to look up Potlach though I would be wondering weather I should be knowing something that the characters don't know yet. I will keep reading anything you write. You are that good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
*tears*

I cried when Josh and Trent found the ring

Great series

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 11 years ago

Always a great read Red.

Thanks for the new chapter!

Keep up the awesome job!

:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
continuing the story :)

I like this story a lot. I love how the boys were able to find the mssing ring (although I was certain it was going to turn up again after Josh said it was lost in the tornado). And I loved how Darrin refered to the boys as toddlers when he was getting ready for his tenure presentation--so funny!

I'm probably going to get lambasted for this but are you considering writing Kevin's story? I am a sucker for stories of redemption and such. Was there anything in his past that would make him so deep in the closet that he would be so vicious to Darrin and Mitch? Will he finally come to realization about himself in time that love/his future wouldn't have already slipped past him?

Whatever story you work on next (after you finish this one and L&LS) I will look forward to.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
A different angle on the Boorman question (RE: Anon)

The whole Boorman incident and particularly Mitch's reaction was priceless! I'm kind of disappointed though that the j-a did something decent in speaking up at Derrin's tenure. I wanted to suggest a series such as 'The Boorman Chronicles'. Seriously that whole thing was so hysterical that I, for one, would pay to read about a whole series of messes he would get himself into.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous