All Comments on 'Growing Pains Ch. 03'

by CatalinaGrissom

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

You claim in your bio that you have an editor, I'd really love to know what they're editing, because it sure isn't what you've been submitting and stop with the minimum word count chapters.

How old are you? Its juvenile writing at best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice short story.

Keep writing!

MADISONKAIMADISONKAIalmost 11 years ago
Really rushed.

This chapter seems more rushed than the last two. I felt I was reading a different story, the flow was just not there. You messed up on her name from VANESSA to KELLY in this chapter.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

The whole story happened too fast. Maybe you could've included more on Ethan and Vanessa. I know very little about them. Their background or what happened after they met?

CoCoNiy101CoCoNiy101almost 11 years ago
Anon was rude.

They did nothing but insult you and that isn't going to help you grow as a writer. First, this chapter was very short. Short chapters don't help develop your characters. With that being said, the character development is lacking. I have no idea what kind of people Vanessa and Ethan are. I don't know how they interact with people other than one another, if you get that. Another tip is to try and take your time. Be more descriptive about actions and how the characters are feeling because it's all moving soooo fast.

I think you have a pretty good story line, it's just not quite falling right. If you need anyone to talk to about your writing, I'm here!

bredrebredrealmost 11 years ago
Wonderful

I cannot believe that Anonymous had the balls to leave a very rude comment and hide their identity...You asked the writer how old are they, when you should ask yourself if you adult enough make a comment, that said.

Catalina, you have a wonderful story here but there are some element missing.

1. who did Ethan call, 2. how was he caught, 3. what happened to the mother, those are the type of question that were not answered.

well meaning constructive criticism is good but hurtful, mean and spiteful comment means that person has no joy in their life. Continue to write and share your gift with us who understand your gift.

bredrebredrealmost 11 years ago
We beleive in you:)

As CoCoNiy101 stated we will be here to help become the writer that I peeking through your story..DO NOT GIVE UP!

cinnamon_kisses12cinnamon_kisses12almost 11 years ago
you've definitely got a good story here...

just gotta slow it down. Just throwing out some tips here: Fleshing out your characters, throwing a bit more story in between can lengthen your chapters and not make them seem so rushed, and possibly gives you more chapters. I thought we were going to get an action scene between Ethan and Vanessa's father! Come on, you can do it! From the first chapter, I could see your story's focus developing, so keep up the work and you'll get better with time!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ummmm!!!

That was a good story just that it really went too fast and there was no insight to where Vanessa came from or where Ethan came from... It just needs some more dets and don't rush all the parts...

Overall that shit was hot.....

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutiealmost 11 years ago
More please!

I would love to read that Ethan and Vanessa got the chance to love and marry freely. I would read about the trial and see her testify about his stalking his own daughter. Slow it down some and add some length to the chapters. Details make a story better!

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyalmost 11 years ago
I have to agree

I have to agree with a lot of what has been posted about this story already, yes it is rushed, yes it is lacking some things, however that being said I can see this being a good story, I say pull it off of lite rewrite it, adding in all those things that are missing, add the things you might have thought about putting in but didn't. Just don't give up on your writing please :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous