All Comments on 'Gun Gun Teddy Bear'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 91 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just tired of this

I liked the first couple, but the way it's written just got old.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding!

You have quickly become one of my favorite authors. I just finished catching up on a couple of your stories I had missed somehow, so I'm anxious to read the next one and hopefully many more to come. Well done!

JB

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Previous story _ Pogo's Very Long Day still stuck in nonhuman

All,

Still trying to get PVLD moved over here to LW. All characters are (relatively) human. It was mis_categorized sometime after I submitted it, and I've had no luck getting it moved back so far.

Todd172

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 7 years ago
Brilliant...

...as always.

Impo_64Impo_64over 7 years ago
Another story that imprisons us till we reach the end...

Another story that imprisons us till we reach the end...Just like all the others of this saga...And that says a lot about it...Thank you for your stories...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Again Wrong Catagory

Non erotic should be in NON EROTIC

dinkymacdinkymacover 7 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

Re: Category - Can't we just drop all these category complaints already? It's pretty obvious by now that there stories that are going to be posted here that SOMEONE doesn't think belong here! I personally think that cuckold stories belong in Fetish. But why waste our time complaining about something that isn't going to change?

While I appreciate Todd's graciousness, I saw a couple of edits that I missed/screwed-up!

Because I didn't realize that the protag Monster wasn't Pogo's Monster, I didn't catch the "new" Monster's fondness for grilling, or his wife's name, Anne, tying him into Pogo's Monster.

I thought the Colonel was a real ass! Instead of being concerned about how four innocent civilians were almost killed, he compliments the plan!

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

You seem to know a great deal about these people you write about and that is not a complaint, no sir, absolutely not.......

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 7 years ago
Another great set of characters...

You are adding so much texture and content to your world. Please keep up the great work.

And ignore the idiots who always feel the need to complain about something - they aren't worth the time or effort.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you for one more very good story...

Thank you for one more very good story...Your stories lights up LW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Teriffic story

Another terrific story with minimum words and maximum impact. Really like this universe of characters you have created. Interesting and damaged souls who exist because in a world of very evil people, someone needs to fight them.

Please keep writing and thanks again.

Another 5+

markranemarkraneover 7 years ago
Another Great One!

I know it's gonna be a good day when there's a new Todd172 story to read.

And the line of note from today's effort: "I'm a hammer, not the carpenter..."

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Love your stuff . . .

. . . best said from one of your other "Anonymous" fans: "minimum words, maximum impact." Thank you - another 5* effort.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Well, okay then

Yes, little sisters are created for teasing. Meta-teasing? Todd is a gamer? Maybe interested in epistemology? So, the teasing is either the Most Effective Tactic Available, or teasing about teasing? That's pretty esoteric, big brother. You have profound depths, not hitherto suspected.

I actually liked this one.

Not that I could ever admit it.

Your head might swell.

So, It was okay, but you're still icky. And I'm telling Mom you teaed me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It was okay,

but at the end you switched from past to presents tense. That's a no, no. Other than that it was okay.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
The Beat Goes On

Wow , I really think you've gotten more quality stories from a single storyline than the number of times Pauline French got screwed at the prom ! Lol.

Needless to say ,

5*'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outstanding as usual

Honestly, the category isn't important. With the track record you've amassed, if it's written by you, I'll read it.

Thank you for great stories. Loving these.

- a former carpenter.

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 7 years ago
I think the colonel's "Good plan" comment

was about Monster deciding it was time to go, not about almost killing civvies. Stay clocked-on long enough, and it's hard to leave it behind. Wait too long, you might Hotel California.

Different people are affected in different ways. One long-range guy got evaluated numerous times. Pshrink said "He's either completely dialed in to the 'bad guys / good guys / final option' thing, or he has no conscience. Either way, he's never missed a shot, and never acted precipitously. Keep an eye on him, but if his behavior doesn't change, he's fit for duty."

Of course, the long-range guys don't get wet, so maybe that plays into it.

SelqSelqover 7 years ago
I knew it.

I knew that Special Agent Hawthorne sounded familiar.

You are slowly, but surely, creating a larger, deeper universe and tieing stories together in a fantastic way.

Dammit, the only bad things about this story are that it's done and your next story isn't posted yet.

Great story, 5 stars, and waiting impatiently for your next tale.

Thank you for writing.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Wonderful

But I suspect that if I go back and check I will find that this happy moment at the end after the near tragedy has no continuity. You are really doing an excellent job at feeding us.

Todd172Todd172over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback!

Again, it helps a lot.

Probably more than you realize. I actually never planned to write a series at all; this expanding story is pretty much entirely the result of your encouragement and feedback.

And I have no idea where the edges of it are.

So thanks again.

Yes, the people reflect a world I'm fairly familiar with.

Kimmi1990: why not both? Glad you liked the story and I promise not to tell anyone... give Mom a hug for me!

Thanks

Todd172

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You do have a knack for twisted character development. Thank you for sharing it with us.

icebreadicebreadover 7 years ago
Yep.

This was a five as were the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Just Once.....

Just once I would like to see a story where the heroic main character is a veteran of the Army or Marines, Finance branch, who vanquishes his opponents with undefeatable spreadsheet formulas, and bare fisted numbers crunching.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
Very good series.

my thanks to the author. I really like these

imperfect and flawed characters; they

make the whole thing more believable.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Good!

That was very nice. Perhaps you can do the lethal number crunching thing next time. Sounds very scary and dark. I think you can do it. Keep after it, you're amazingly prolific. You do know SBrooks belongs to me, right? If you ask nicely, I'll let you borrow him. Don't make me get out my undefeatable spreadsheet, now. It would be too macabre to contemplate.

miscacc201501miscacc201501over 7 years ago
First of your stories that I didn't like much

This lacked the emotional subtext and the human interaction that your stories usually have. To me, it felt like the mental justification process of a psychopath.

0zed0zedover 7 years ago
Meh!

I mean it was pretty good and everything, and I still gave you a 5.

But it was mercifully short, and with no sex and practically no violence, you wouldn't have been able to keep the "momentum" going much longer. Gratuitous sex and violence is always appreciated!

You really didn't have to explain the new monster, old monster. I thought that was a clever perspective, no explanation needed. Anne the wife reference was a real "epiphany" thing. Obviously new monster (or our current monster) didn't pull the plug, and "bail" soon enough to escape unscathed, emotionally and physically.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 7 years ago
Real monsters

The writing was dead on for someone that has lost part of his humanity. Too bad that in real life, most don't or can't step back from the edge in time.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@jocko_smith Re:The Colonel

Actually,it WAS about his plan.I know because I commented on it to Todd when I was editing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
3*s

Thank you for an interesting story. It had some of the same characters as before. Some of the same actions, plot device as before.

I liked it just as much as before.

Gave you the same score as before, 3*s.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent writing and engaging storyline

While I enjoy your stories immensely I can't help wonder what you could do outside of the special ops sphere. I would guess you could parlay that resignation of what a character has become into a typical or even atypical LW story where loss is at the forefront but responsibility never wanes. Just a suggestion. But either way please don't stop writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You are very good. Very very good. So you will be slighted, ignored, even disparaged, by the nots as good.

You are outgrowing this forum. Thank you for sharing your talent with us for as long as you want to, or can stand the lack of gratitude and appreciation.

What other mediocre authors struggle at, you make look easy. Probably like watching a truly talented artist whip out a painting that others would take weeks or months to try to emulate, and would fail.

Here's a hint, people. He allows anonymous comments because he totally owns and controls his talent. He knows the praise, and the condemnation, and the asinine nonsense, are all equally irrelevant to his work. We are just like the random authors who submit stories here, some useful, most irrelevant. He reads all comments, from all contributors, because he is searching, for something he can use, or learn from, or get a chuckle from. What he thinks of his writing trumps anything, well, most things, that anyone else thinks. Until you obtain that level of self confidence, and fearless exposure, you will never write as well as you might. This author embraces that this art is not about him, its about the work. The selfless striving for perfection.

Thank you for sharing your striving with us. Live long and prosper.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Hmmm

I wonder who that anonymous "You are very good," could be? Anyone know someone who takes cheap shots at other authors who delete his comments, don't read them and don't allow anonymous comments? I wonder.

You are very good, though, big brother. Don't tell anyone I said so. It's just between you and me. Praise from that source, though. Take it for what it's worth. Be aware that couched in the praise is a thinly veiled attack on some other very good authors.

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 7 years ago
That was a

Great story about someone knowing when to get out in order to keep their soul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another excellent tale...

I get a lot of the Richard Marcincko feel from your stories, except that you don't seem to push the language and the glory quite as much. Such superb narrative... way better than we have any right to expect from a smut site.

When you finally sign that book deal, be sure to let us know so that we can support your efforts!

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
One got out

Another nice piece. I like the fact that the man whose life is in stress with divorce closing in actually pulled the trigger and sided with the family, not the job. The idea that the job HAS to be done, not just done but by themselves, is often false. Spend your time and let the next guy in line take it for a while. Virtually nobody is indispensable, no matter what you think. Yes the job is important, but there will be people who will step up. The family scene at the end was very touching.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ALL THOSE STRAWS DO GET HEAVY

and heavier still around family, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
another compelling story

I appreciate the effort required to retroactively fill in the pre-story. And the way it has been done so successfully.

Thanks for another fine continuation of the series.

re: getting a category change. If assignment is as I suspect being done more and more by computer algorithm, as long as Monster is one of the Tags the system will continue to reject your appeals.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 7 years ago
thanks you

simply, You got it right. thank you for telling the tale as it was.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
LOL @ Kimi

I just got around to reading this today, and as always, you've delivered another compelling tale filled with interesting and well-developed characters. Frankly, I'm growing tired of praising you, as I'm beginning to feel like the self-proclaimed Sycophant Club!

Kimi...thanks for another belly laugh this morning. Another day, another accusation. I really have become the Kaiser Soze of Literotica! I'm everywhere, but nowhere. I love it!

Sweetie, if I had left that comment, I would have gladly done so with my username, as it was spot-on brilliant! I applaud whoever wrote it.

Todd172, you keep writing, and I'll keep reading. Thanks for doing what you do.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
No, Not Kaiser Soze

More like Emmett Kelly. Did I mention any names? I guess if the shoe fits... Those clown shoes must be hard to walk in, by the way..

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
@ Kimi

No need to mention names when the object of your daily obsession is so crystal clear! Glad to see you took HDK's words to heart.

Todd, forgive me, but your "sister" is my number one stalker. She simply cannot last a day without thinking of me. It would be flattering if it weren't so creepy.

kimi1990kimi1990over 7 years ago
Ah, I see. The clown shoes did fit.

But, we all know who your obsession is. We know who you're stalking. I merely defend her from your daily attacks, since she chooses to ignore you.

Sorry big brother, I won't waste any more of your space.

By the way, Mom said to stay on your side. Well, that's how I took it. Maybe those weren't her exact words. That's what she meant. Isn't that what "Stop tattling," means?

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 7 years ago
@ Kimi (one last time, I swear)

So...some anon mentions "mediocre authors" and you immediately assume he's referring to your bestie? Think about that for a minute. I'll give you time.

The thing is, sweetie, I don't care about you and the others in your little clubhouse nearly as much as you think I do. Every time you accuse me of writing some comment that "attacks" your clique, I laugh my ass off. You're a much more effective clown than I am.

Are you done now? Or do you need another virtual bitch-slap?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story, but.

I thought this one was a little thinner than the rest of the series. I still gave you a five, but it wasn't quite as good. I'm looding forward to reading a lot more from you.

Real class act there, ain'tcha Joe? What a dick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not All That

Nice little vignette, I suppose, but not really much of a story.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
UNDER TRAINED OR OVER TRAINED

both are detriments in personal lifes TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Powerful!!

Thank you, tom anon.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Shoot - Don't Shoot Scenarios...

....are, in my judgment, the most stressful part of military and law enforcement training. At least they were for me, and clearly Kurt has gone way out of bounds in one scenario, but fortunately catches himself at the last second in another.

Nice resolution, and glad to see these characters turn up later on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I'm just glad,,,,

I'm just glad I don't have to do this shit anymore. He's right; it'll kill a marriage in a New York second. The practice "Kill houses" were fun- but when the shit hit the fan,,,,,in real life,,,,,? No. I still wake up with the shakes, and the 1000 yard stare when I'm not paying attention. PTSD sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Todd

Todd172.

Seriously look at doing this as a proffesional author. I wil get every book you write. I hv sat here for a couple hour rereading nearly all you've on this site. Well done I actually felt I was living them while reading.

GypyJack.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
BLACK OPS BRING OUT BAD THOUGHTS FROM THE ID"

the worst is living with it, TK U MLJ LV NV

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Priorities

Husband and father was almost a has been. Wife was about to start a new life for her and the kids because husband had not honored his promise to family. In the he finally figured out what was important.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
Damn!

That was an amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars!

You have a masterful way of writing. Perhaps it is because you probably have lived with this unit. Perhaps a Monster yourself. Congrats!

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Another good story

Write I read and enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another Fine Story

And an Author who actually reads comments, even allows them from us lowly Anons, that's another huge plus. Signed: BTW

LwcbyLwcbyabout 4 years ago
Don't know how many times I've read all the shack tales

I love them all,one suggestion to help your new readers that will get as hooked as I am. See if you can put them in order so people don't have to scroll around to see which was written first. Of course some that weren't written first can be read before others. Maybe rename them with an A in front of Shameless, then a B in front of Pogo and Spooky, etc. I swear I'm not trying to make a short comment long. 😂 Although I am a master of that. Please write as often as possible. You're my favorite author.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Nice one

Can you imagine the death and destruction that Kurt would inflict on a cheating slut wife and her lover??!! Monster indeed!!!

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for explaining the weapons even though I already knew all that. we could have used a lot of good weapons in country

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Short But Effective

A short but very effective story. Pleased he made it.

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

Good preliminary material for knowing and understanding Monster. Just a good story in an of itself.

Lee2012Lee2012about 3 years ago

Can’t say much more than already said, my brother. Excellent job and length us nothing when you get a point across

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For those who want to throw their money at todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Maybe my third time thru the series, can't praise it enough. How do I find the writing on Amazon? What

author name, book name??

FightingTardFightingTardalmost 3 years ago

Look for Todd Dorsey and The Missus on Amazon

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Having 3 Sisters Teasing is a must to keep each ones sanity . Plus it is in the Sister and Brothers handbook

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 2 years ago

At one time I was 'archangel" I get it.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 2 years ago

When You Have Questions

Always read the biography, the answers might not be there but that's where to start. It also in this case suggests the best order to read the Shack stories. *****'s. Signed: BTW

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

This is another story of life's lessons about relationships. Sometimes the job is just too much and it takes away from the family, from the relationship and before you even realize the marriage is over and the family is gone. Sometimes it takes longer and sometimes it's fairly short. You have to have priorities. The hard part is figuring out which one comes first. Third time for me on this one as I trek thru the rest of them.

FyrscapeFyrscapealmost 2 years ago

Excellent. Just like the rest of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2nd or 3rd time Old Trudger has read this one..... finally got the MONSTERS straight in my mind. It's Hell to get old and NOT be able to follow A to B &/or J to K until I read it several times..... but I do love the adventurous reprieve from REALITY! Definitely worth multiple reads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your stories sit up there with Saddletramp.

U R Both AWESOME!

Hey, maybe consider a co-author series??

Again. 10 stars if I could!

jimjam69jimjam69over 1 year ago

Another reread for me. You write such good stories I usually reread when I come across them. Thanks again!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

About my third time on this one. The whole shack series is really great. Lady Killer is my favorite, of course the others are good to.

nudetexannudetexanabout 1 year ago

Another great story. I finally took time to read your profile and am working through them in the order you listed. Going to have to check out Amazon to see if you have other stories there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have read the series 2-3 times already but this was the first time I finally clarified who the retiring Monster is -- Kurt who runs the training facility Needles sends Delaney to to furnish her with the survival skills she needs -- and who the new Monster is -- the man who stays the Monster throughout the series.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief12 months ago

Kind of like the Kenny Rogers song, 'The Gambler'. Got to know when to hold'em and when to fold'em. Good story but kind of scary that it almost turned sideways for Kurt and the people in the Jeep.

NickCaveNickCave9 months ago

For those complaining about the reading order - Click on the Author's Name and then click the Biography. He gives the proper reading order there. Here it is:

Weirdly, the best order to read them in is not the order we wrote them in. I've listed the best order The Missus and I have come up with below.

1. Learning the Smugglers Blues

2. Gun Gun Teddy Bear

3. Shameless

4. Monster

5. Pogo and Spooky

6. Tales from the Shack: Nobody

7. The Shack: Necessary Evil

8. The Shack: Guardians

8.5 The Marker - (It isn't, properly speaking, a Tale from the Shack, but it does give the background of one of the minor characters SO READ IT!)

9. Pogo's Very Long Day

10. Blue Topaz Eyes

11. Blue Topaz Eyes II (Emma's Tale)

12. Behind Blue Eyes

13. The Shack: A Parable of Wolves

14. The Shack: Ladykiller

15. The Shack: An Angry Man

16. The Shack:An Unreasonable Man

17. The Shack: An Implacable Man

18. The Shack: And Unstoppable Man

19. The Shack: The Milk Run

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

1 of my "go to" stories to reread. bought your book on amazon, thanks for writing all these stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow. This is strong stuff. Great writing

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld6 months ago

From one Monster to the author, you have to have been in-service.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Transition with grace. A man's got to know his own limitations.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Y third time through The Shack. Still excellent! Every tale blessed us with new characters.or expanded old, familiar ones. Five stars, of course.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I give this fine story a 5 . You and the Missus did good again . You 2 make a great team

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Easily captures the difficulty of the job and how hard it is on family.

Old_TimerOld_Timerabout 2 months ago

Another home run. 5 Stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...