Gypsy Designs Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
I_Shadow
I_Shadow
234 Followers

"I've met the man once and I think if I remember right Christian you've met him on more than one occasion?" Phillip said looking at Christian for confirmation. "The man's odd I know that but where or how he would have come across power as strong and destructive as what we felt?" his voice faded looking to the doorway where the women appeared moments later.

"Momma would you like to take the grand tour with us?" Jazleen asked when she stopped beside Phillip leaning down to kiss him.

Sophie laughed shaking her head, "I think I've had enough adventure this week, so I'm going to stay here with your father and work on my needle point, then I'm going to get some sleep," she smiled at Gypsy.

"We won't be gone long," Gypsy said looking in her purse for her keys avoiding making eye contact with any of the men who watched her intently.

Caydn held his hand out to Phillip, taking the keys to the larger SUV, walking to stand beside her he waited until she looked up. He saw the worry and frustration swirling in the amber colored eyes, his body knotted with the urge to pull her against him and protect her, but with everything that had been happening since he'd woke there had been no time for him to feed and the gnawing hunger was twisting itself around his growing lust for her.

"Take mine," he said quietly handing her the keys and taking hers, "it would be easier and more comfortable, go ahead and use it for any trips you need to make at any time."

Micah stood up draping his arm around his brother's shoulders sensing as they all did the tight rein Caydn held upon himself. "You ladies go and we men are going to make a trip into town so Phillip can make some selections for Caydn's wine cellar since it seems to be sadly lacking," he laughed when Caydn turned his black eyes to him sharply.

****************************

"My wine cellar's lacking? Where in the hell did that come from? Especially since Gypsy verbally confronted me about my 'needs' I think was the phrase she used when she was in the city," he sighed as he drove Gypsy's smaller SUV toward one of the larger clubs he frequented.

Christian and Phillip laughed when Micah just shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't know what to say since she wouldn't look at any of us and she seemed so uncomfortable," he grinned getting out after Caydn parked. "You know if we go back home smelling as though we've been 'sipping cologne' we're going to be in deep shit trouble," he laughed loudly before stepping through the door of the club vanishing into the crowd and the loud blaring music.

"It would be interesting to call the women and have them stop by don't you think?" Christian said reaching for the tall pilsner glass of beer the bartender handed him. "Samantha would threaten to stake him in the yard just so she could sit inside and watch as he burned," he chuckled nodding his head to indicate Micah on the dance floor with the short haired blonde.

"Sad when my own brother has to find a short woman to feel as if he can dominate her," Caydn chuckled tossing back the whiskey getting lost in the crowd within seconds.

Phillip tasted the brandy, pleased that it was of decent quality considering the establishment. "I don't think I've ever seen Caydn neglecting what he knows he needs to survive as he is now," he said quietly meeting Christian's glance, "I'd love to stay longer to see how things turn out but with the events today I think Jazleen and I will make a trip to see Victor before returning to Paris."

Christian laughed, "I'll keep the two of you updated and I have a feeling the whelp Micah and Samantha will be staying so it should be twice as interesting to see Caydn restrain himself from killing his own brother," he toasted the thought. "I hope when we get back Vince has spoken to Victor and can tell us something. I wasn't pleased at all knowing how close Megan and Gypsy are and that something that evil is lurking in the shadows around her."

"Caydn told us he thought the male she saw was Barton, but he never said what her emotions were when it happened," he said quietly turning away from the crowd.

"She was terrified," Caydn said stepping behind the two of them, "I've seen her reflect many emotions but nothing as intense as what she was feeling in this nightmare," he explained, "the sensation of the cold and darkness was so strong I felt as if I touched her she would shatter like ice."

Christian stared into his drink for a minute, "Did she happen to say what she was doing when she was grabbed?" he asked turning his glass up.

Frowning Caydn shook his head, "She was already well into the dream when I became aware of the turn it had taken. I do know that she was outside of the house in the garden area, along side the study and my room. Until the very end when she felt she had no other choice she refused to look at who was holding her, something about resisting the urge to allow them the power to scare her."

Phillip tossed his brandy back seeing Micah joining them, "I'd prefer we sit and discuss this in your study with something a little better than a 'house brandy'," he chuckled, standing and heading to the door knowing the three other men followed.

***********************************

"I think the place is perfect," Megan giggled sitting on the floor beside Gypsy, "just think once you get everything in here you're going to be opening your own business, exactly what you always wanted," she reached over squeezing her hand.

"I intend to be one of your first customers so I guess you better grab your tape measure and Megan your paper and pen cause I'm not leaving until I've been measured and have told Gypsy just what it is I want her to design for me," Jaz laughed turning around in a circle in the middle of the large room.

Samantha slid down the wall to watch Gypsy begin measuring the tall willowy woman. "Micah mentioned that we might be staying a few extra days so I can wait until your done Jaz and then I can sit down and discuss a gown I'm going to need when I finally get back home," she said leafing through a note book of rough sketches Gypsy had made over the past few weeks. "You know you should take some of these drawings and have them framed for the shop," she looked up from the book smiling, "they're fantastic!"

She was finishing Jazleen's measurements when she smiled feeling Caydn's appreciation of the location and the building that she'd chosen to open the shop, she almost laughed when his thoughts went to the size and positioning of the parking lot.

"I'm sure you all know we are about to be invaded," she said sitting back on her heels chuckling, "and if I heard right I got a passing grade on the size of my parking lot," she laughed, smiling when Caydn opened the door walking in.

He met her eyes while she knelt in the middle of the floor folding her measuring tape. Seeing her smile and the sparkle in her eyes he wondered what she was thinking since she'd closed herself off to him.

"I should be happy that you find my parking more than adequate and the lighting to your requirements," she giggled when one brow rose as he watched her.

Micah laughed reaching down to pull Samantha up and into his arms. "He's always business like, never has much fun just focused on nothing but business," he tried to look stern but failed when Caydn glared at him.

"You might want to remember if it wasn't for the business advice I gave you and bailed you out of a few things. You and Sam would still be living in that rental flat in London and not in the country estate you were finally able to buy," Caydn said slowly for effect glancing at his younger brother, "but your right the parking is perfect," he chuckled turning back to Gypsy.

"I hope they didn't take you for too much, even though this is a prime location with all of the reconstruction and revamping of the smaller more personable townships," he said walking over offering her his hand to stand up.

She threaded her fingers through his and allowed him to pull her against his side before they walked toward the back and the office area she'd planned. Laughing when they both bumped into the door frame trying to walk through it side by side, she stopped suddenly.

Closing her eyes for a second she felt a rush of cold down her spine, she squeezed his hand tighter not even aware she had. Opening her eyes she looked at the window to see if some how she'd left it open from earlier in the day or if someone else might have opened it, but it was closed. Fighting the urge to rub her hands along her arms to make the chill go away she stepped back feeling as if the large black windows allowed someone to look into her mind to closely.

Caydn felt the chill touch them both immediately and feeling her hand tighten around his he glanced quickly at Phillip and Christian seeing they'd also sensed it.

"Is this where you mentioned to Sophie you wanted to build shelves for your fabric?" he asked sounding casual while visually and mentally scanning the area attempting to find the source of the invasion.

She looked up at him quickly, feeling the hair on the back of her neck starting to stand on end. "Yes it is," she said quickly, "I think we've seen enough tonight, so why don't we all head back to the house before we have the local police stopping by to see why all the lights are on in an empty building," she said stepping toward the door, trying to pull him with her.

He almost shook his head. She was trying to protect him. Standing still he pulled her back toward him despite of the stubborn almost panicked expression on her face. Pulling her around in front of him he reached up brushing her hair back from her face his eyes locking with hers.

"Gypsy there's no need to protect me," he said softly pulling her even closer, her hand coming to rest on his chest when he lower his lips to brush a kiss across her forehead. "There's very little that can out wit me or be a danger to me, so don't worry about me," his voice dropped to the teasing smooth honeyed tones hoping to make her smile.

Shaking her head feeling the tickling sensation in her mind while she leaned against him, accepting the warmth and protection he offered. She gasped silently when as she touched him the chill seemed to intensify almost burning as it moved along her back and arms up towards her neck.

Phillip and Christian both stepped to the center of the smaller room directly behind Gypsy, each placing a hand on her shoulder while Micah stood at the doorway in front of Jazleen, Megan and Samantha.

"Please don't," she whispered feeling the warmth of their hands and the swirling cold almost freezing her skin creating a painful contrast.

"Gypsy we're not going to let what ever this or who ever this is continue to do this to you," Phillip said his voice bold and deep in the silence of the building, creating almost an echo as she felt her head start to spin.

"Look at me," Caydn said lifting her chin forcing her eyes to meet his, "talk to me without words, listen to me and follow my lead," he said just above a whisper, the silken tones seeming to wrap themselves around her as he lowered his face to hers.

"Focus on me and nothing else," he said as his lips brushed hers, hearing her sigh he saw Christian step beside them place his other hand on her arm, the contrast in his deeply tanned skin and the stark paleness of hers alarming.

She wanted nothing more then to give in to the urge to faint feeling the darkness beginning to swirl around her building force with what felt like anger. A small gasp escaped her when Caydn tugged at her lips reminding her he was kissing her gently, pulling her to him mentally as well as physically.

Feeling his tongue dancing along her lips she sighed, tilting her head and exhaling she gave herself to the kiss blocking out the dangerous cold and fury that swept through the room like a hurricane.

"What ever this is, it doesn't like your touching her one bit," Christian laughed feeling the intensity increase, "now might be the time to let it know whose going to be on the winning end," he chuckled hearing Gypsy's sigh feeling her mind turn to nothing but the feeling of Caydn's mouth on hers.

Threading his fingers through her hair, deepening the kiss all but forgetting they stood surrounded by friends who watched and feeling as if something evil was trying to invade her life and mind. His body tightened feeling and hearing her heart beat quicken, feeling her lips and body responding to his with a slowly building hunger.

"More, let's see just how enraged it'll become," Caydn heard Christian say in his mind.

Pulling his mouth from hers he kissed along her jaw before lowering his mouth to her throat. Tightening his hands in her hair as he felt her nails raking against his chest and side, the bounding of her pulse drew his lips, his tongue tracing the path of the sweet fluid beneath the skin of her throat.

She bit her lip to keep from groaning out loud when she felt the scrape of his teeth against her throat gently teasing the skin with their sharpness, making the nerve endings through out her body dance with the electricity of his touch, all while the darkness threatened to engulf her with its rage.

Moving her hand from his side to his hair she leaned her head back even further, not caring, offering herself to him if he chose to take what they both knew he desired.

Phillip moved to their other side his hands on her back and arm mirroring Christian, standing opposite him filled her with the feeling of protection and acceptance.

The sound of howling wind filled the room the instant she sighed, her body melting against the hardness of Caydn while he gently assaulted her body, mind and senses. The sound of shattering glass startled her, just as quickly as the chill and danger had come in it left.

Christian and Phillip stepped away from the pair looking around the room and at the shattered window.

"Caydn I think it's safe to say the dangers past so you can let Gypsy breath now," Micah said with a laugh.

Megan rolled her eyes at Micah making Samantha laugh before she pinched him.

"Christian I think now would be a good time for all of us to leave now that she's safe," Megan said meeting Christian's eyes, nodding her head toward the door.

She heard the mental chuckle when Christian walked past them toward Megan, gasping she stepped back from Caydn her face flushing bright red instantly.

Caydn ran his hands over his hair coming to rest along the back of his neck, closing his eyes feeling the rush of embarrassment that flooded through her. Gritting his teeth he wished all of them had left silently allowing her to calm down slowly and not react as if splashed in the face with ice water to cool her off.

"Its okay, Megan I'll drive," she said her voice shaking as were her hands when she fumbled for the keys in her pocket. "Damn it I have to do something about that window before I can leave," she groaned not able to make an escape as quickly as she would've liked to.

"Stop," Caydn snapped grabbing her arm firmly, "the window can be cleaned up tomorrow once its day light and someone can replace it," he said with a sigh, reaching for the keys from her hand tossing them to Phillip. "Go ahead and head back and we'll be along behind you," he said nodding to the door, his voice leaving no room for argument.

He watched the SUV pull out of the parking lot, turning he found she wasn't in the room but had gone back in and was standing staring at the glass shattered all over the floor.

"Come here," he said quietly when she looked up meeting his eyes as he stepped in the room. Taking her hand he pulled her against his side leaning his head against her hair breathing in the warm citrus scent that filled his mind and his mouth earlier.

"What happened?" she said in almost a sigh, "this has never happened before, why now and why me?" she asked looking up meeting the boiling blackness of his eyes.

"I don't really know Gypsy but I do think Christian was right, what ever this is or was doesn't like you anywhere near me and especially not touching me,' he smiled at her squeezing her shoulder. "Let's go back to the house and see if Vince was able to find anything out, and you also need to get some rest your pale as hell right now."

*****************************

"Christian and Megan have gone home," he said quietly when they turned the corner heading toward the house, "everyone else has gone also. Vince left a note saying he'd fill us all in tomorrow night when he had a chance to make a few more calls," he explained squeezing her hand that rested on her leg.

She got out when he stopped under the archway, waiting for her to go inside before he drove into the garage parking. Walking into the kitchen he smiled seeing her standing near the counter waiting for him.

Taking her hand he walked toward the study, passing it he chuckled seeing her glance up at him questioningly.

"I thought tonight we'd see how well the large fireplace in the upstairs library worked," he said walking up the stairs and around the railing, stopping at two huge double doors across the large upstairs area from her room.

Stepping into the room she looked around, even in the dark the room was amazing. Large windows allowed the moon light to pour in reflecting off the polished wood of a piano that sat in an octagon shaped area.

Walking over to stand beside the piano she heard him close the doors and then move across the room to light the fire place as he did in the study. Hearing the cork being removed from a bottle of wine she took a deep breath knowing he'd join her any minute.

"There's nothing to be nervous about," he said gently handing her the glass, "I thought you'd enjoy the peace and quiet of this room as much as I do when I need to get away and escape."

"Earlier," she started until he held his hand up.

Looking at her in the light of the fireplace and the moon, he brushed his hand along her cheek. "We don't have to discuss that now or ever if you'd rather not," he said raising his glass to meet hers.

She nodded slowly before looking down studying her hands cradling the thin stemmed wine glass, "but how do you do that?" she asked looking up at him seeing his questioning look, "never mind," she said quickly looking toward the fireplace.

He felt the rush of heat when she blushed. Seeing her fidget with the glass he almost laughed realizing what she was talking about. Leaning against the piano he watched her while she did everything to act as if he wasn't inches away from her.

"If it makes it any easier, I've found I can't ignore you or stop thinking about it anymore than you can me," he said softly, seeing her catch her breath at his words.

"How did you make me forget that there were six other people standing in the room with us let alone what ever the hell that cold nastiness was?" she said turning to look at him over her shoulder. "I've never been the type to forget what's around me and have never kissed anyone publicly let alone like that," she said her voice fading, a frown on her forehead.

He fought the urge to pull her back against him and ravage her mouth again to wipe the frown off of her face. "Was it that bad?' he chuckled, "It felt as if you enjoyed it as much as I did once we both stepped away from what was physically happening around us."

"That's just it though," she said turning around to face him, "how did you make me step away from everything around me? Hell one minute I was so cold I thought I was going to be sick, and all I wanted was for you to get out of there and the next thing I know all I can think about or feel is you," she admitted meeting his eyes.

"I asked you to come to me, to talk to me without words, and you did," he said quietly. Setting his glass down on the piano he reached for hers setting it beside his before his fingers threaded between hers tugging her forward until she leaned against his body.

I_Shadow
I_Shadow
234 Followers