Gypsy Designs Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Megan sat at the desk taking down the numbers as Gypsy welded her measuring tape with ease. "Would it be possible to make the gown allowing for alight alterations in case Sam needs them?" Megan asked with a sheepish grin when Sam frowned at her.

Jaz laughed, "I can assure you Sam, you're going to need them before you know it. So I suggest you take the suggestion with a smile and just nod." She prodded her gorgeous blonde friend. "Gypsy you've been quieter than usual tonight, and the normal mind chatter is blocked. Is something wrong and you haven't told us?" Jaz asked looking concerned.

Kneeling beside Sam she kept her head down, trying to concentrate on the numbers scattered along the tape measure. "I'm just busy is all Jaz," she forced a smile.

Sam looked at Megan who frowned, then toward Jaz who also was looking confused. "Okay Gypsy something's wrong because you're broadcasting an energy that's as appealing as a wet woolen blanket in the summer," she said stepping back to sit on the arm of Jaz's chair.

Gypsy looked down at the measuring tape in her hands, wishing she could be anywhere but there at the moment. "There's nothing wrong," she said with a sigh looking to Jaz and Sam. "It just seems as soon as I make a friend they leave," she made a face, relaxing when they all laughed.

"Gypsy I know what you saw tonight. Do you want to talk about it?" Megan asked, propping her elbow on the table, waiting for Gypsy to look at her.

Seeing the confused looks on Jaz and Sam's faces Megan started to explain. "When Gypsy came to pick us all up earlier, and she found," she said, stopping when Gypsy snapped her head up to glare at her, her face flushed.

"I can tell it since I'm the ignorant one, maybe it won't make me sound as bad," Gypsy said with a deep sigh.

"I walked to the music room, Jaz told me Mega and Christian were there," she said, her voice soft. "I hadn't meant to disturb anything, but it was obvious I did. That's it, all of it. No biggie, I'll just make sure I make lot's of noise next time I look for someone," she forced a laugh.

Sam was looking confused, glancing from Megan to Jazleen. Seeing the knowing look on Jaz's face she knew she was the only one not fully aware of what Gypsy was talking about.

Jaz slid out of the chair, sitting on the floor beside Gypsy. "I think we all forget our life style isn't something you've known very long, let alone had a chance to get use to," she said quietly, taking Gypsy's hand.

"Next time you decide to remove Christian's clothes Megan, you might want to do it in your room and not the rest of the house," Sam chuckled, stopping when Gypsy made a choking sound, her cheeks flushing bright red.

Megan couldn't help but laugh seeing Gypsy's discomfort at the situation increase. "I was feeding Sam. I assure you his clothes were safe at the time, just not himself."

"I'm sorry Gypsy," Sam said sincerely, slipping down to sit beside she and Jaz on the floor, Megan joining the circle of women. "I remember not long after Jaz went through the change she asked me if it was normal to feel an overwhelming hunger. I can only imagine that's what was happening with Megan," she said smiling when she saw Megan's nod.

"The other night was the first time you've personally witnessed the exchange isn't it?" Jaz asked, wondering at the silent gasp that escaped Gypsy before she dropped her head and nodded.

Gypsy wished she could crawl under the carpet they were sitting on to avoid this conversation all together. How in the hell did Jaz know that she'd almost begged Caydn to bite her while they were having sex, she wondered.

"When Micah told me that you'd gone with Caydn, Christian and Megan I think we all assumed that you'd seen this before," Sam said looking at the other women for their agreement. "Having been born to this life I can only imagine that the draw especially to a sexual creature such as Christian would have Megan stuck to him like a fly to paper," she laughed seeing Megan rolling her eyes, glancing toward the door.

"I can assure you Sam I'd like nothing better, but it seems the woman has a strong will and only seeks me out willingly when the hunger reaches epidemic proportions," Christian said from the doorway, were her was casually leaning taking in the conversation.

Pushing away from the door he walked over taking the chair Jaz had vacated. "Gypsy did you not find it unusual the other night that Megan stayed in the car with you and wasn't out with Caydn and I?" he asked winking at her when she met his eyes.

She thought about it for a minute, remembering Megan was who had set their direction, but she had remained with her. "I don't guess I thought about it then but now it would be my question," she told him, taking a deep breath calming her self, glad the conversation was moving away from she and Caydn.

"Partners, couples, mates, what ever phrase you'd use to describe us," he said taking Megan's hand pulling her gently toward him. "We males typically feed and our mates in turn feed from us," he explained. "I guess you could call it a jealousy issue," he laughed. "I can honestly say if I were to see Megan feed from another male unless a dire emergency I wouldn't be responsible for my actions."

Jaz nodded chuckling, "Phillip is also someone who becomes consumed with jealousy," she added, squeezing Gypsy's hand gently. "I've done it a few times just to push his buttons, but it didn't take me long to realize I was cutting my own nose off to spite my face," she rolled her eyes as the group around her laughed loudly.

"It's a very erotic and personal thing Gypsy when a mate feeds from the other," Sam said with a wink. "I've seen women get so involved they forget the world around them until someone clears their throat letting them know they're disrobing in public," she laughed looking directly at Jaz.

Gypsy looked at each face, breathing a silent sigh of relief when she saw they weren't making fun of her and didn't think she was ignorant for not knowing all this. "I guess next time I walk in on something out of the ordinary I'll just suck it up and ask questions, pardon the pun," she laughed. "Now Christian I suggest you head back down stairs and let us finish Sam's measurements before she leaves or you can deal with Micah's jealousy when he finds out you were her when his wife stripped down to her panties and bra," she said with a chuckle seeing the shocked expression flash on his face before being replaced with a wolfish grin.

*************************************************

Caydn draped his arm around his brothers shoulders, "I appreciate you wanting to stay but you now have something other than yourself and Sam to focus on," he laughed, "I suggest you spend as much time with her as you can now because once the baby arrives you're going to have to learn to share, something you've never been very good at," he grunted with Micah's fist connected with his stomach.

Christian walked back in the room, shaking his head. "I think the women will be down as soon as they remove and the replace Sam's clothing," he grinned at Micah flashing him shining fangs, taunting the younger man.

"Sam has never been one to fall victim to your charms Christian," Micah chuckled. "One of the few things I've never had to worry about since being mated with her," he said raising his glass in a silent toast to the European playboy who now found his wings clipped since finding Megan.

The next few hours were filled with casual conversation and well wishes among the group. Phillip shocked everyone when he informed Jazleen he'd prefer her to leave with Micah and Samantha, she could fly home the following night to be with Angelique. He'd be staying possibly another week but then he'd also be flying home to check on some business matters and see his daughter, he informed them.

"I don't intend to stay gone, but before I leave I'm sure we'll have an idea exactly what it is we're up against so I can make the call then," he said firmly leaving no room for argument from his lovely wife.

Sophie and Vince retired after Micah, Samantha and Jazleen left for the airport, the private jet awaited them. Sophie was exhausted with all the rapid turn of events and Vince was still on the mend even though he was improving dramatically every day.

Gypsy walked into the study with two mugs of hot chocolate for her and Megan. Handing her best friend hers she sat down on the floor in front of the fire listening while the men talked about Lucien's thoughts on everything.

"Projection was one of Damone's greatest feats. I'm thinking that's how Barton was able to appear in the shop that day, and from Gypsy's description of the man today. I'd almost bet Damone himself made an appearance to test things since I've come into the picture," he explained. "He's always claimed himself to be the master at undoing spells and causing protective spells to disintegrate at his command," he chuckled.

"Let me see if I've got all of this," Gypsy said quietly, "I was only seeing him like a reflection in a mirror? He wasn't really there?" she said looking at Lucien.

He nodded, "He can project his image making it look like he's physically there. But when Barton was in the shop he was able to slap you without being there. This means they've learned to not only project their image, but also their power which can be dangerous," he said solemnly. "I've only experienced that skill a few times but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to figure out."

Gypsy shook her head before dropping it to her hands. "This is all too much to take in, it makes my head hurt," she said frowning. "If it would be okay with everyone I think I'm going to go up and work on some sewing. Maybe for a little while it won't seem like I'm living in a strange dream I can't wake up from," she said standing up glancing at Caydn.

Megan stood up looking back at Christian, "I'm going to go with her and see if I can use my brains for something useful," she chuckled when Christian rolled his eyes before following Gypsy out of the room and upstairs.

"What did the material look like?" Megan asked sitting down on the floor leaning back against the book cases while Gypsy sat in front of the sewing machine.

"Oh Meg I wish we'd thought about going out there earlier before everything got so spooky sounding," she frowned, "It's fantastic," she laughed. "All the different colors and designs, I was a little worried that all of it was gonna be patterned but there's a whole selection of solids in different colors and hues," she laughed when Megan rubbed her hands together.

"I can't wait to see it," Megan laughed, "I've been picturing some of the designs you've drawn and I want to see what you think of some of my ideas for fabrics," she smiled at Gypsy. "I doubt I'll ever get the idea of designing but putting something together and marketing it now that's my focus."

"I'm so glad that you like that stuff cause if I even think about it all I want to do is run away," Gypsy said sliding out of her chair onto the floor beside Megan.

"Are you almost done with the coat?" Megan said reaching for the multi- colored textured piece Gypsy had pulled into her lap.

"I was just going to leave it single layer and add a lining but with as cold as it's gotten I added a thin layer of micro insulation. Now I just have to finish the final stitching the lining then either make a belt or add buttons not sure yet," she said turning the coat inside out showing Megan what she was talking about.

Megan rubbed her hand over a large section of velvet puzzled into the piece. "Gypsy that's amazing," Megan exclaimed when Gypsy slipped the coat on, turning pirouettes showing off her finished design.

"You don't think it's to much being ankle length?" she said leaning down to look at the front of the coat, "I started to make it just knee length and when I was piecing the fabric it got longer and longer," she laughed, "I also thought this way it would work for either a dress or slacks so multipurpose."

"That will be perfect for some of the holiday parties Christian mentioned we'll all be attending with Caydn," Megan giggled, gathering all the pieces she wanted to carry home with her later.

"What do you mean parties?" Gypsy said brushing her hand over the coat, hanging it on a hanger putting it in the closet.

Megan was sitting on the floor looking worried, "Caydn hasn't mentioned it to you?" she asked frowning. "I'm sure he hasn't had much of a chance with everything that's been going on," she said grabbing Gypsy's hand pulling her down on the floor beside her.

"Well Meg if he doesn't, don't mention it okay?" she asked softly, "I don't want him to feel as though he's put on the spot having to take me if that's not his intention," she explained while Megan shook her head grinning.

"You've got to be kidding me that you'd think he'd actually not take you Gypsy," she said firmly. "The man's crazy about you even if you can't see it, the rest of us can," she winked at her. Standing up, she pulled Gypsy up behind her, "Christian's ready to go home," she said with a seductive smile, grabbing the bags she looked over her shoulder at Gypsy.

"You're coming down aren't you? Yes you are," she laughed making Gypsy laugh while she followed Megan down to the study.

*************************************

The week seemed to pass in a whirl wind. Things had calmed since Lucien had been in town, standing guard over everything and everyone as life began to fall into a pattern.

Gypsy and Sophie supervised the remodeling of the guest house into an exclusive feeling boutique. Vince was able to get back to some of his own work around the estate with the help of four additional staff that had been hand picked by Victor.

Standing at the door of her new shop Gypsy waved as Rebecca and Karen pulled out, both pleased and well satisfied with their wardrobe.

"All this time you were afraid moving here was going to slow things down," Sophie laughed walking to stand beside her niece. "I think by moving here people think you're a undiscovered talent only they know about," she chuckled handing Gypsy a handful of messages she'd taken while Gypsy had been busy.

Gypsy shook her head glancing at the messages, "I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't handled the beading of that gown," she sighed flopping down in an arm chair. "I didn't see that one coming," she chuckled.

"I bet things are going to become much more extravagant in the next week with Thanksgiving and then Christmas coming up," Sophie said patting Gypsy's shoulder, walking over to look at the beautiful white gown draped over dress form she'd been making for Jazleen.

"I hope your taking time to create some things for yourself," she said turning to flash Gypsy a firm look. "I've seen you rush to finish something for yourself at the last minute when you put it off. So make plans ahead of time because from what I've over heard from Caydn and Christian the introduction of Christian and Megan into the business world is going to be a large event."

Gypsy groaned closing her eyes slumping further in the chair, "please don't remind me," she said opening one eye to see Sophie shaking her head at her. "I'd like nothing more than to just stay here in my little piece of the world, and cut and sew letting everyone else go out and do what they think is exciting," she frowned. "But yes I have a few pieces with Megan now she should be bringing me tonight," she laughed. "She just doesn't know they're for me."

She sat up glancing out the window smiling when she saw Vince riding across the grounds on the golf cart Caydn had bought so he wouldn't tax himself. "Why can't thing stay this quiet and peaceful Sophie?" she asked quietly. "Every since Lucien's been here things have gone so well. It makes me feel like what ever happens next is going to be twice as chaotic," she frowned.

"I hate to say it but you're probably right my dear," Sophie said sitting across from her. "I've never known anyone as twisted as Damone, to sit back and take defeat so easily without making at least one more attempt and then it's a spectacular one at that," she admitted with a sigh. "Things have been calm here for many years. I can almost see Vince smiling with the anticipation, which can be nerve wracking," she laughed when Gypsy giggled.

"There've been a few times he's mentioned us possibly taking over the care of one of Caydn's European estates. But this has been our home since Jazleen was a baby. He knows that I'd miss it if we left, so we've stayed," she smiled gently.

"If I'd known excitement was what he needed I could've moved in years ago," Gypsy laughed glancing at her watch. "I'm going to have a busy afternoon, care to give me a hand while I'm taking some measurements and then doing the final fittings for three others?" she grinned walking to the door to the kitchen, "I'm putting on more coffee because I'm going to need it."

Later Sophie waved to Vince while he drove off in his cart, turning she saw Gypsy leaning against the door frame. "You need to get some sleep young lady," Sophie said sternly, "You're trying to keep both day and night hours and it's catching up with you. Vince just came by and said since we'd been busy he was sending one of the young men to bring Chinese for dinner," she said walking over to take Gypsy's hand. "Let's go to the house. You can lie down until dinner gets here and then if you're still as pale, I'm going to demand Caydn send you to bed for the night," she said leaving no room for objections. The two women walked to the main house after locking the door to the guest house.

************************************************

Lucien followed Christian and Megan into the kitchen closing the door behind him. Turning quickly he looked at Sophie, "Where is she?" he asked sharply, "Is Caydn with her?"

"She's upstairs in her room," Sophie said her expression concerned, "Caydn's been there since he woke. He's trying to reason with her but I seriously doubt he's doing any better now than he was thirty minutes ago," she frowned.

Lucien nodded walking toward the front of the house, the sound of his foot steps moving quickly up the stairs to Gypsy's room.

"Megan's been trying to tell her that she can't keep this pace up. She needed to try dividing her time and sleeping in between," Christian said squeezing Megan's shoulder. "I'm going to see if I can help in some way," he said quietly, walking out of the room.

Christian walked into the dimly lit bedroom not knowing if he wanted to laugh or roar after he'd stood there a few seconds. Gypsy was trying to get out of bed while Caydn kept pushing her back into bed. Lucien was standing on the other side of the bed looking as if he was about to release the wrath of hell on who ever was in the room.

"I said I want some ice cream," Gypsy said her voice weak and shaky. "I've been in the house like a good girl for weeks, only going out with an escort. Now I just want Caydn to take me for ice cream," she said glaring at both of the men before looking up seeing Christian in the door way.

"Christian will you and Megan take me for ice cream please?" she asked with a sigh. "Butter pecan is all I want," she said closing her eyes seeing him look at Caydn.

Caydn looked down at her, brushing his hand over her hair gently, "Gypsy you haven't," he started to say but stopped when she snapped her head up to glare at him.

"Don't even say it," she snarled, "I know 'you haven't had dinner yet', do I need to remind everyone I'm not twelve anymore? Finishing everything on my plate isn't required if I want some damn ice cream," she almost yelled, ending in a cough, trying to catch her breath.

Stepping toward the bed Christian glared at them. "Both of you get the hell out of here," he almost roared. "Caydn for the love of god go to the ice cream shop and get her a gallon of butter pecan is that's what she wants," he ordered, pointing toward the door. "And you get your damn over grown ass out of here so she'll calm down and I can see exactly what's wrong with her," he said spinning around to confront Lucien.