Gypsy Designs Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He took her hand, helping her crawl back in bed, pulling the covers up around her while she shivered. Glancing over his shoulder he sighed silently as the door closed quietly.

"Thank you Christian," she said weakly, "All I wanted was ice cream," her voice faded.

Feeling her hands and head he felt the fever that raged at the edge of erupting, infection was running through her body weakening her system. Walking across the room to lock the door, he spoke silently to Megan letting her know to keep everyone occupied while he did his best to make Gypsy better. Turning back to the bed he sat down, pulling her into his lap, her back against his chest supporting her.

"Gypsy I need to you to stay calm, just relax and I'll help you feel better," he said his voice just above the methodic honeyed tones he knew didn't work but annoyed her. Sliding his hand along her side he knew immediately what the problem was.

Closing his eyes his lips moving in a silent chant, his hand moved to rest flat on her chest, the other moved to her forehead stroking softly.

Her mind was a haze, but she could hear Christians voice the tone soothing even though the words were foreign, a language she'd never heard or if she had she didn't recognize. The coolness of his hands quickly became warmer as the shivering increased until she felt her teeth had to be chattering she was so cold. The pounding in her temples eased as did the pressure she'd felt in her chest when she'd woke up earlier.

Keeping her eyes closed she sighed feeling as if something was moving over all the aches and pains that she'd been feeling, but hadn't mentioned to anyone even Caydn. Taking a deep breath she felt herself slipping, feeling Christian holding her she knew she was safe so she didn't struggle against sleep as it washed over her.

Christian was sitting in the study when Caydn stormed in, followed closely by Lucien.

"We almost went to jail when this idiot screamed at the young man in the ice cream shop," Caydn snarled turning to glare at Lucien who'd thrown himself down in a chair. "How is she?" he asked quickly. Having seen Vince in the kitchen who'd told him Megan and Sophie were upstairs with her while she rested, Christian was waiting in the study.

"How often have the two of you exchanged blood?" Christian asked taking a drink of his brandy almost laughing when Caydn froze in mid stride on his way to the bar, before turning around to meet his stare slowly.

"We've never 'exchanged' blood," Caydn said slowly, "What would that have to do with anything?" he asked seeing Lucien sit forward out of the corner of his eye.

"Well this one sided 'taking' compounded with the fact that she's been less than healthy long before she came to live here, has left her seriously anemic," he said gently, knowing Caydn's first reaction would be rage with himself. "That's not and wasn't the most serious issue though," he said quickly. "She'd developed bacterial double pneumonia, the infection was spreading quickly through out her body," he said tossing his drink back.

Caydn sat down heavily in the chair beside him, dropping his head to his hands. Lucien stood and began pacing.

"I take it by your saying 'had', you took care of the infection and repaired everything?" Lucien asked his voice carrying an edge to it. "But did you do anything about the anemia?"

Christian sat forward in his chair, "Of course I took care of the infection and I repaired all of the recent damage. But I can tell you this isn't the first or the second time she's had this. There are numerous scars that have been left behind by raging lung infections throughout her life," he said shaking his head. "Her kidneys were weak from dehydration but Sophie and Megan were able to get her to drink some juice and something Sophie had that contained electrolytes, so that should be balancing out as we speak," he explained. "I didn't do anything about the anemia. I didn't know if there was a reason for there have never been an exchange between the two. It's not life threatening, nor something she'll not build back up in about a month maybe a little longer if she begins taking care of herself."

Lucien turned to stare at Caydn who was rubbing his hands over his face, "Is there a reason why you haven't exchanged blood with her? Or did it just not dawn on you taking from someone that's as fragile as she is wouldn't lean to complications?" he said, his voice filled with anger while he stared at his life long friend.

Caydn jumped out of his chair, his fists clenched at his sides meeting Lucien's stare full on, his own eyes blazing, the anger directed at him self.

"Yes Lucien, this is my fault," he said his voice low and dangerous. "We've never made an exchange because for as well as she tries to block me and keep me out, I can hear and almost taste her doubt and fears," he explained. "She offers herself to me selflessly everyday, but I've only taken from her twice in over two weeks and each time never enough to weaken or endanger her," he snapped before turning to look at Christian.

"Would it help her heal if she did take from me?" he asked quietly already knowing the answer.

Christian nodded, but held his hand up, "Yes it would, but only if you'd taken the time to feed yourself while you were out," he reprimanded him. "I understand you were concerned about her, but you've got to start taking the time to fill your own needs or you're going to find yourself weak at a time when she needs you to be strong," he said firmly.

"Either I can go out and come to you when I get back or you can go out with me," he said turning toward the doorway, "the choice is yours."

Lucien stepped forward, "I'm offering if you're accepting," he said meeting Caydn's eyes. "Christian needs to be here with her right now until she wakes up, and he knows that he's gotten all the infection. I know you don't wish to leave her either. You can take from me and I can then go out and feed again and make sure things will remain calm for tonight at least," he said stepping forward at Caydn's nod of acceptance. Running his nail over his wrist swiftly, he offered the quickly welling wetness to Caydn.

Christian had gone upstairs while Caydn fed from Lucien. Sealing the wound when he finished, nodding his thanks feeling the powerful blood of his friend rushing through his body.

Lucien walked to the bar pouring himself a double shot of scotch, lifting the glass to Caydn in a toast he laughed. "I can only thank the powers above I've never found myself in your situation. So lost in the mind and body of a mortal woman I forget who and what I am," he smiled before tossing back the drink.

Sitting down shaking his head Caydn looked up at the large man, "Until just now I hadn't a clue that was what was happening to me," he said with a chuckle. "But it is, and Lucien I do wish the same on you so one day I can glare and rage at you for making the same stupid mistakes I've been making all along," he grinned wickedly at his friend.

"What kind of thanks is that for my allowing you to feed when I should've left you to sweat and pant it out for your own stupidity," he laughed draping his arm over Caydn's shoulders when he stood.

"I'm going out for a bit but if you need me you now can alert me immediately," he said before walking off toward the kitchen, the sound of the door closing only minutes later.

Stepping to the double doors leading into her bedroom Caydn was relieved to see even though she was still pale, the dark circles beneath her eyes had already begun to fade and the rhythm of her breathing was much less strained as she appeared to be sleeping soundly.

Glancing at Megan who sat on the bed beside Gypsy he was shocked to see the fierce stare she gave him, almost pinning him to the wall with its violence. He dropped his eyes from the raw emotion he saw reflected there while Christian stepped beside the bed placing his hand on her shoulder to calm her.

"It's okay Meg, it isn't like he wanted this to happen anymore than I did," Gypsy whispered reaching for Megan's hand lying beside her on the bed.

"I didn't mean to wake you," Megan said softly, brushing her hair back.

Opening her eyes Gypsy smiled weakly, "I know you didn't mean to but you forget how everyone's thoughts rattle around in my head and those you were having were rather a shout," she chuckled when Megan gasped embarrassed at having forgotten.

Turning her head her eyes met Caydn's. Taking a deep breath she lifted her hand from the comforter waiting for him to move the few steps to the side of the bed.

"I already know what's wrong even if Christian wasn't going to tell me. He also forgot I hear things I'm some times not supposed to," she said gently when he sat on the side of the bed next to her. "I mean it though, none of this was your fault it just happened is all," she smiled up at him weakly.

"What I want to know is did you bring me my ice cream?" she asked making everyone in the room laugh. "I still don't see what's so funny about someone wanting ice cream when they don't feel good," she said closing her eyes with a huff.

Sophie stood up and patted her hand, "Since Caydn's back I'm sure there's ice cream down stairs I'll get you some dear," she said squeezing Caydn's shoulder before walking out of the room.

Turning her head to look at Christian she smiled. "I guess I owe you more than an apology for thinking you were a player as well as a playboy when you first got here," she grinned when he pretended to be shocked. "Now it seems I owe you my life," she said softly, "thank you."

Christian shook his head, "First of all there's no need for an apology since I knew within seconds what your opinion was, and I thought it was adorable because you'd no idea you'd broadcast it to everyone with any hearing talents in a hundred mile radius that night," he laughed deeply. "Secondly it was my pleasure to save your life as you call it. Without you around I wouldn't have the pleasure of watching my friend here make such a moronic fool out of himself," he chuckled looking at Cadyn, who lifted her hand to his mouth to hide his smile.

"How long before I can be up and around?" she asked trying to sit up in bed.

"Wait a minute young lady," Christian said firmly. "This has taken quite a bit out of you. It's possible it'll be a month or longer before your back to full strength," he nodded his head when she began shaking hers.

"I don't have time to be in bed," she said desperately looking at Megan and Caydn. "I just took measurements for five dresses today, and then did the final fitting on three more, those have to be finished by next week," she said closing her eyes her voice shaking.

She took a deep breath before opening her eyes, "You mean that's all it would take and I'd be back to my old self?" she asked, turning her head toward the door meeting Lucien's eyes when he'd walked in silently blocking his presence from everyone but her.

Caydn turned around quickly, "you never seem to know when to keep your mouth shut do you?" he asked glaring at him.

Lucien shrugged pushing away from the door frame, walking to stand at the end of the bed. "Well all of you were telling her everything, except for 'everything' so I thought someone needed to," he said casually, winking at her when she chuckled.

"Caydn you knew this and weren't going to tell me?" she looked at him, "Why?"

He took a deep breath blowing it out quickly, "Well I've always known you had doubts about it, fears even if you wouldn't admit that was what they were," he said quickly. "I wasn't about to push anything on you that you weren't ready for or wanted," he said simply.

She looked from him to Christian and then at Lucien who laughed.

"No you don't have to be awake and ware of it if that's how you'd prefer it be done," he said flashing her a bright smile despite Cadyn's black and evil glare.

"What can I say she asked me because she knew I'd tell her the truth," he said throwing his hands in the air.

"It takes more than once for a conversion right?" she asked looking at Caydn.

He shook his head, "It takes three times at the very least for that, this would just be giving you back stronger healthy blood, think of it as a transfusion," he smiled at her.

Looking at Christian, she held out her hand. "Will you make me go to sleep again?" she asked before looking at Caydn, "then will you?" her voice faded at his nod.