All Comments on 'Hallucination or God?'

by mrmoo6969

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Don't understand the ending

By your last paragraph, it seems that Kristy drove to the gym parking lot and lost her phone there. But that contradicts what Linda said, "They found you lying in the hospital parking lot by your car." How could the nurse have picked up her phone if she was in the gym's parking lot?

I don't care if there are some inconsistencies in a story - it is hard to keep track of all the details, but this inconsistency is a big one - left me puzzled and confused.

mrmoo6969mrmoo6969about 9 years agoAuthor
Still getting the hang of writing

I'm still getting the hang of writing. I'm not the greatest but I find its a great outlet.

I know explaining the inconsistency doesn't prevent it from taking away from the story but I feel like I must:

See, Kristy thought she was in a parking lot other than the hospital. But Linda explains she was hallucinating. She says they found her in the hospital parking lot, the nurse also picked up the phone that she dropped, but the back wasn't on the phone when they found it. Kristy figures it's still at home somewhere from dropping it the first time. But then, when Kristy goes to the gym, she sees the things she saw in the parking lot. The sign, the road name, and the back piece to a flip phone (hers wasn't in the hospital parking lot) so, the question becomes, was she hallucinating the whole time, was she really in the hospital parking lot, or had she really made it to the gym parking lot like she thought? and had she really seen that light? Or was that just a flashlight from doctors / nurses? Was it God talking to her? Did God then decide it wasn't her time and move her?

My apologies if this takes away from the story some

I might try a sequel and andwer those questions if people think I should?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous