Halo Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

"Yes," Janey agreed as she turned and headed to where 'Tanaya was standing with Marina, a sleeping Nicky cuddled up in her arms.

"Let's go inside," Marina said softly and lead the way inside followed by Janey, 'Tanaya, Caro, Brent, Matty and Jim.

"We need to clean up after the meal," Caro realised as she stopped just outside the kitchen.

"If your parents want to sit down with a cuppa while Janey puts Nicky to bed Brent, Matty and I can help you get everything inside and we can take it from there," 'Tanaya said as she passed the sleeping child to Janey.

"I'll help as well while Marina puts the kettle on for everyone," Jim said with a nod.

"And we can all have another piece of birthday cake," Marina said as she headed for the kitchen while Janey headed for her room.

"I must admit I didn't think we'd be able to get that pair apart when that fight started," Jim said as he walked down the back steps.

"We were only able to break it up because he sucker punched Ren when he turned his head when Janey screamed his name," Brent said with a frown.

"What a bunch of morons drooling over a fight," Caro sneered and stalked over to where the tables stood deserted.

Brent watched her walk away with a flicker of interest before turning his attention to the task at hand.

Much later that night just before midnight Ren walked in the front door of the house still slightly unsteady on his feet. Brad was beside him ready to lend a steadying shoulder if need be.

"I thought they would have kept you in hospital at least overnight," Jim said as he watched Ren stop by the wall and use it as support.

"X-rays and scan came back clear so they decided to pack me off," Ren said evenly.

"Janey not long drifted off asleep," 'Tanaya said as she walked into the room to put her arm around Brad for a quick cuddle before walking over to Ren.

"Where do you want this reprobate Marina?" 'Tanaya asked.

"There's a spare single bed in Janey's room and then there's a guest bedroom with a double bed for you and Brad," Marina said quietly.

'Tanaya took Ren's arm and put it over her shoulder before wrapping her arm around his waist; slowly she walked him to Janey's room and paused in the doorway.

"I can take it from here," Ren said whisper quiet.

"Gabriel?" Janey woke up and sat up instantly.

"Hey Blondie, want a room mate for what's left of the night?" Ren asked quietly.

"Yes, oh yes," Janey said eagerly.

"I was told you had a spare bed in here," Ren said with a sparkle in his eye.

Janey got up and quickly pulled the bedcovers back on the spare bed. Ren made his way to the bed and sat down with relief.

"It's good to sit down," Ren said quietly.

"We told Gabe here he could spend the night in the spare bed," Jim said from the doorway.

Janey flashed a grateful smile at her father then went back to making sure Ren was comfortable. She pulled his boots off despite his protests and lifted his legs onto the bed before pulling the covers up to his waist. She studied his blood stained shirt for a few moments before unbuttoning it and easing it off his shoulders.

She frowned when she saw the forming bruises that marred his ribs and chest and winced as she made out the perfect outline of a boot on his ribs.

"They're just bruises. They'll heal," Ren said softly when he saw the tears in her eyes.

Janey remained silent as she covered his chest with the sheet and then stretched out on the edge of the bed beside him.

"We'll talk in the morning," Ren said quietly as he lay there with his eyes closed. The painkillers he had been given at the hospital for his headache were making it hard to concentrate.

* * * * *

Ren woke slowly to a dim room, the softly muted sounds of a house told him it was well past his usual waking hour. He looked around the room with interest and grimaced at the soreness in the back of his head and neck as he sat up cautiously.

He was dressed only in his underwear he noticed as he tossed the covers back and swung his legs off the side of the bed. His jeans were folded on a chair by the bed and a man's shirt sat with them. His ribs protested slightly as he pulled the clothes on.

Ren was pleased to find that although he was stiff and sore he was clear headed when he stood up and went out of the room. He found the bathroom easily and when he was washing his hands he grimaced at the sight of his black eye and split lips.

"There you are. I just went to see if you had woken up," Brad said as he stood in the doorway. He studied Ren's face silently for a moment when he turned to face him.

"Well at least your nose isn't broken," Brad grinned.

"The pain tablets they gave me for the ribs work so well I wasn't aware of my face until I saw it in the mirror," Ren said.

"It might have spoiled your pretty boy looks for the moment but I think Janey will give you plenty of sympathy," Brad said with a grin.

"I'm not looking for sympathy," Ren growled as he stepped past Brad.

"She's in the kitchen," Brad told him.

Ren headed for where he could hear voices and paused in the doorway to watch Janey as she stood rolling balls of dough for biscuits. After several moments he watched as she stopped what she was doing and glanced towards the doorway.

"Gabriel," Janey said softly as her eyes searched out every mark on his face. "Hungry?"

"Yes," Ren replied, his voice husky. His hunger for her had surfaced when their eyes met.

"Well come sit down and I'll cook you breakfast. Or do you want something cold," Janey asked with a concerned look.

Ren walked over to where she stood at the table brushing off her hands and pressed a quick kiss to her lips before he glanced at Marina, Caro and 'Tanaya.

"Good morning ladies," Ren said with a half smile.

"Sit down before you fall down Ren," 'Tanaya said with a smile.

"Good morning Gabe," Marina said.

Caro gave him a dark glare and said nothing.

"Whatever you cook me will be fine. If it's too hard I'll get you to cut it up real small," Ren said with a devilish smile as he settled himself in a chair out of the way of the working women.

"'Tanaya showed me how to make the most divine brownies," Marina said as she placed a cup of coffee in front of Ren.

"Thank you Ma'am," Ren said.

"Mother! I can look after Gabriel," Janey protested.

Marina turned away with a smile and went back to icing the brownies that were out of the oven.

Janey quickly cooked Ren some scrambled eggs and toast, placing the food in front of him.

Ren grinned his thanks and hooked an arm around Janey's waist to pull her down into his lap. "Keep me company while I eat," he urged softly.

Janey winced as her bruised arm brushed against his chest and seeing Janey's reaction Ren pushed her sleeve up gently. He inhaled sharply as he saw the livid bruise around her upper arm and met her gaze with a dark gaze.

"How's Nicky this morning?" Ren asked tightly.

"Barely a mark on him," Janey whispered and pressed a soft kiss to the uninjured side of his mouth trying to distract him.

Ren let her tacit work and settled into enjoying the food in front of him. He was holding Janey on his lap drinking his coffee after finishing eating when Brad, Jim, Robby and James walked into the kitchen with Nicky walking and holding tightly to Brad's hand.

"I see you're finally awake," Robby said as he helped himself to a cup of coffee.

"Yeah I am. I don't usually sleep this late," Ren replied.

"As long as you realise you won't be sleeping in my daughter's bedroom again until you pair are married," Jim said sternly but sent a friendly smile Ren's way.

"Yes Sir," Ren said with a respectful nod.

"And you Bradley Stanton. I expect you to be making 'Tanaya your wife before too much longer," Jim said with a nod in 'Tanaya's direction.

"Brad's already asked me to marry him and I said yes," 'Tanaya said with a loving smile at Brad.

"Glad to see he has some good sense," Jim said with a kindly smile, "Congratulations you two."

"Are you and Janey getting married as well?" Matty asked surprised.

"Give us some more time and then we'll be able to tell you," Ren said without breaking eye contact with Janey.

Janey blushed with embarrassment and lowered her head suddenly shy with him. Ren laughed softly and dropped an affectionate kiss on her hair.

"I love you," Ren said softly.

Janey lifted her head to smile at him radiantly, "I love you too."

"I love you more," Ren said with a soft chuckle.

"Oh no you don't. I love you every bit as much as you love me and then some more," Janey whispered near his ear.

Ren started laughing happily and planted a quick kiss on Janey's lips. "I never thought I'd be so happy to hear that word," he told her with tears of joy in his eyes.

"What word?" Janey frowned.

"No, you said no," Ren told her seriously as he remembered a time not so long ago when she had been too terrified to utter the word.

Janey gazed at him in astonishment for a few moments then a smile spread across her face slowly. "No is only a word and it can't hurt me," Janey said confidently, "Because I'm your woman."

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers