All Comments on 'Hands on the Wheel Ch. 01'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hmmm

Really just too boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Interesting, the stage is set

Good opening act, where does it go?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Great setup

Don’t know where this is going since it’s in Loving Wives, but I surely enjoyed the first chapter. Some entertaining cultural comparisons and contrasts. Some very sweet and tender scenes. Very different stylistic feel than “Key of Life”. Slower with more picture paintings. I envisioned Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansson and Anna Farris sitting at another table in the dessert scene. Thanks, can’t wait for the rest of the story. *****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Length?

You post chapter 1 of a "long" story, not sure that you'll have cg. 2 ready before going away for a week, without telling us just how long it will be? No thanks, maybe come back when it's done.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Interesting.

Absolutely not boring.

The exchange between

cultures is very exciting,

if you're open minded.

But only if you're open minded, lol.

This story has a good start

and is well written.

I'm looking forward to next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I'm ok with this first chapter...

Your character development and entrancing connection are outstanding. Keep to your plan--don't turn the following chapters into a race to the end.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
Much better portions

Sorry about the work schedule. I can wait as necessary.

I don't see how this merges into a Loving Wives story, unless you already shot that wad with both him and her being cheaters or cheated upon. Which I find a bit of a cheap dodge (called the qhml1 doctrine: have a quick painless cheat so one can write that romance one always wanted to do).

Let's see where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

If this were in Romance, I'd say that I'm enjoying the journey and to take your time rather than rushing through things.

From the fact that this is in LW, however, that implies to me that the actual meat of the story is down the road, either in their inevitable marital difficulties or him getting married to someone else and then Fumiko re-entering his life, which makes me want things to move along quicker so we can get to the actual story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
does this sound familiar?

I hope I am wrong, and that this novelle is an new concept. But at the moment this plot seems to me to be developing into a re write of Madame Butterfly / Miss Saigon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

well done I didn't want it to end

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Agree with other commenters

This seems more the beginning of a romance story. But it was a good beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lots of possibilities. Too bad it begins with such a lame plot device.

Miscommunication or failure to communicate is a lazy plot device. How could they possibly share such long personal discussions about their child life, education, careers, not to mention the sex, and neither one bothered to get the other's last name, or other contact information? And that lack of information will be the basis of the plot that follows. Just too lame and improbable.

But thanks for trying. I will wait to rate the story once it is a complete story. So far it is a 5 on style and technique, and a 2 for drama or suspense. Hint: he can contact the conference organizer and claim they need the same three interpreters for another event, and would they please forward their contact information. I'm sure there are other means as well. She knows his first name, and she knows where he works. Also, the restaurant charges were charged to his room. So the hotel knows who he is and, if push comes to shove, she could accuse him of rape so the police would get his contact information. Why do I think none of the obvious means to reconnect will be thought of?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 6 years ago
The Introduction Was Like Being Presented with Bouquet of Camellias and Chrysanthemum Flowers Upon Walking into Sushi Restaurant. Lovely ! So Where's the Sashimi & Dumplings ?

The characters were very straightforward with minimal nuances in terms of mystery. Yet much of that can be forgiven because savvy cultural tour given as rote romantic dalliance played out.

Bottom Line: Rooting for opportunity to meet inspiration in next installment. The drama does need to step up a couple notches for this story to veer out traditional romance vector.

I thank A_Bierce for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why do they pick on you?

I've read all your stories and enjoy your style of writing and plotting. After reading some of the negative comments on this one, I wonder what they expect to get from a free read? I suppose they like to read some trash and wallow in those 44DD breasts, instead.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
You better file the other chapter soon

or I willl be sorely disappointed. Decent setup, but seems the like beginning of a long serial story. Wish you author's would write the whole thing before posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
So sweet

Really he was so nice , and she was so sweet, and their sex was so gental, but there’s no action or drama. Maybe in the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I wish I could write this well

What an enjoyable read. The language is literate without being stuffy. The characters are already well into understandable development. The story line takes me to a place I have never visited. And there is even a cliff-hanger hook at the end of the chapter. Full marks from this reader.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Interesting

Very interesting beginning. Looking forward to chapter 2. I have enjoyed all your work to date.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Harlequin novels

Tell the truth. You write for Harlequin. This is a story my mother would have read in a Harlequin paperback

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 6 years ago
Nice romance

But where is the loving wife?

BBeinhartBBeinhartabout 6 years ago
I absolutely

Love your poetic and erudite writing style...

.....but I equally hate the ‘I lost her contact details’ plot device. Oh well, I just hope you won’t torture your characters and us, your readers, for too long. If you are intending to keep them apart for a significant part of their lives, I will disgustedly throw in the towel.

Anyway, it is your story, and I guess I look forward to seeing where it is all headed. :-)

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 6 years ago
More ...

If you carefully read what AB wrote in the preface, you will find that this is likely to extend one or more chapters. Hubby’s first love still gets found, I am sure. She would be a majorly dumb amount of time and focus to drop so cavalierly.

At least, we now have one (very) adventurous wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wrong Category

This story, which is out of place in the LW category spends three pages on how the couple met. Assuming they become a couple.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 6 years ago
Loving vignette

Very nice romance, with a delicate blend of cultural uncertainty. At this point it is a romance, not a LW category story, but I don’t really care. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Too bad...

1. The author doesn't understand Title IX at all....the characterization is so naive that he would probably believe an IRS agent who shows up at his door and says "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

2. Even now in "modern" Japan, the events culminating with Fumiko ending up in his bed have a probability of about zero. I've lived there for years, and it would never happen under those circumstances...not with someone of her social class. Even if she were inclined to indulge something likely to be a one night stand, and she wouldn't, the possible social repercussions would certainly dissuade her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
Enjoyed it

I remember when I was young and had feelings like this.

Lines like “rose petals dripping with dew” really are hilarious though.

Anon too bad - nobody cares Sheldon.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
He Will Find Her

Or she will find him.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

Should’ve been placed in romance

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's positively different from the typical works out here. I"m interested to read more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous