All Comments on 'Hanukkah's Gifts'

by legerdemer

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Nathan_BrazilNathan_Brazilover 8 years ago
Bittersweet

I enjoyed your characters, even though they were sad.

They breathed... And neither had quite given up yet.

There was still hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You ask for comments

You write well, but a few things could improve this.

"All of a sudden, she realized she was hungry." Leave out the "all of a sudden."

" He was still looking at her, calmly, no trace of impatience." Could be, "He was still looking at her calmly with no trace of impatience."

"

"Thanks much, you've been very helpful," and she turned away. " I notice many people have trouble knowing the difference between a period and a comma. That should be, "Thanks much(PERIOD) You've been very helpful," (SHE SAID) as she turned away."

"She hadn't cried recently - clear eyes, clear nose, he'd learned to read the obvious signs after his year or so on the volunteer desk - so luckily no one had died."

"She hadn't cried recently, he thought, noting the clear eyes and nose(PERIOD) He'd learned to read the obvious signs of grief after his year or so on the volunteer desk."

I can't go though it all, but I hope this helps.

starhunterstarhunterover 6 years ago
Nice!

Neatly written. One of the best stories I have read here. Cheers!!

LibrandesireLibrandesireover 6 years ago
It gave me a tingle!

I don't know if you write for a living but this is professional level stuff. And hot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous