Haplessly Never Laughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For what seemed like the first time in her life, she laughed aloud for herself.

* * *

Aswen rode on. She sure as hell didn't marry Prince fucking Charming, no matter what his name might have been. That would have been a fate worse than death, even if it had been an option for a lowborn servant girl like her, which it never could be.

She was no baby factory, or manipulating matron, or angry, whining, grating shrew of a mother and a wife. She was no midnight consort, sneaking in and out of beds to win trinkets until she was caught by an angry wife, or queen, and beheaded. She sure as hell wasn't some lowly servant girl intended to carry shit and spit away from her betters.

She needed something else.

She had spent her days honing skills. She had spent her time making herself into whatever everyone else wasn't. And she had spent her time finding a way out of the ridiculous maze that society and circumstance creates.

She had a little fun doing it, too. She felt a touch of sorrow at the one good lover she left behind. He was a kind old man, not like a father, but imposing and admirable in his way, if nothing like one would expect a king to be. He was certainly a great lay. A cock like his would be hard to find, but she'd find others.

She rode on, prepared to live life as it came. She was armed and ready for it.

* * *

And so she lived. She pretended to do everything haplessly, as the situation demanded, the only way that would keep her from being unnecessarily noticed, because that was how most of the incompetent fools in the world did things. She never gave in to the inevitable, because she knew that the inevitable was only what happened when you actually gave in. Lastly, she did everything possible, she fought and lost and triumphed, she argued and seduced and fucked, with laughter. Laughter was her greatest weapon.

And so she lived.

Haplessly.

Never.

Laughter.

Which is pretty much all that you could expect from a low born ass wipe. This is the only way that a proper, believable fairy tale could possibly play out, and end, and anyone that tells you otherwise is just trying to get you to do something for them.

@ @ @

— From the author —

Please remember to vote or leave a comment. If you have a question make sure you include a way for me to contact you.

I do love to get comments, and will always reply.

If you really liked this story, please favorite me as an author. It helps me to get more readers, and gives me a reason to keep writing.

— Rob

12