All Comments on 'Happy Ladies Book 01'

by Amanda_Jilling

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
diagonesdiagonesabout 11 years ago
A Masterpiece!

This is a stunning achievement on many levels. First of course is the female POV. The theme is clearly stated in the beginning - sexual freedom for women a la as men have had forever - with women totally in control of bringing it about and enjoying the fruits of their harvest. I'm a man who loves women, and this gathering of women in wide range of shape, age, background, personality type, and vivid individuality for so many of them, was captivating. I read each sentence of all the business meetings as closely as the sex scenes. They behaved as naturally with each other as any straight world gathering to discuss any civic projects - school function, charity work etc. An idealized group, granted, not a bitch or control freak among them. Very cooperative and enthusiastic. Wit and humor sprinkled all over. I have been in such groups and the ones describe here are real to the core, except for the focus on sex. The reality includes natural women with bodies far out of the loop of Playboy Centerfolds, or any other hottie cliches. They all accept each other with no reservaations (pudgy, big boob, small boob, fat ass and thighs make no difference). The men have a single purpose of serving and pleasuring them whatever body shape and conventional attractiveness each woman might be. This cohesive femaleness takes erotic expression to a totally new and stunning domaine. I've never read anything quite like it.

The men are also idealized to fit the plot (no competitive king of the jungle among them), And like the women, they are all unique individuals carefully drawn. Amazing that so many characters fill the story and the reader can keep most all the names straight. More amazing is how the narrator Melissa tells the story in first person POV yet somehow blends into the background to allow all characters to stand out. Melissa moves swiftly in and out of scenes to do this.

Sex scenes. My oh my. I recognized long ago than no man can wirte a sex scene as convincingly as a woman. They internalize it, needless to say, and that internalization can make descriptive words flow that a man doesn't even have in his head. They can externalize too, as Melissa observes through out the rooster house on her rounds, making clear why the women are happy.

Critique. Toward the latter part the business meetings became a bit repetitive and drawn out. Though I still read each word because the opinions and speech of each woman continued to paint their personal portraits. I'm happy the political polemics of female sexual freedom was kept to a bare minimum. No more than three or four brief summaries in 18 pages. The women themselves spoke the theme by their talk and actions far better than essays could do. Speaking of 18 pages, that is far too much for a typical read through.

Suggestion. I leave erotic staging, tableau, scene motiff etc up to your incredibly rich and fertile imagination. I would like to see more casual and personal exchanges between Melissa and various characters, without sexual contact mostly, as she did with many of the women in brief exchanges at the buffet table; putting newbies at ease, eliciting their thoughts and concerns, sometimes mining ore from the gold mine of female sexuality with no more words that a hostess would exchange with party guests in her home. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ditto

what he said!

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 11 years ago
A joy of feminism and humanity

Capturing multi-polyamory erotically is a hard task, but you did well at that too. You should send it to Marge Piercy. Five.

NateBlackNateBlackabout 11 years ago
Fantastic!

Very well written. Great story. Impressive!

sycodavsycodavabout 11 years ago
Amazing

How great would it be to be in a community such as this. Just the right amount of story and sex. I could visualize everything in my head. You are truly an artist.

norfolkladnorfolkladabout 11 years ago

A superb story, very well-written. Can't wait for book 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An incredible journey with a wonderful person

More than anxiously awaiting for Book II. By the way, loved your epilogue. You are a very saavy person. Need your excitement........

maddictmaddictabout 10 years ago
the roster

Two roosters meet for thefirst time, the younger rooster tells the old rooster, your time is up around here.I dont think so he says, ill race you around the farm house, the loser leaves. Allright says the youngster your on, not only that but I will beat you so bad, you will leave right away. Well how about a little head start then, Sure says the youngster, and with that the old man was off. As he crossed thepourch, first the farmer saw the second, youngr rooster, and shot him. Thats the second quire rooster this month.

Oh very enjoyable story, I just dont want to be a rooster?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome!

Right up there with my all time favourite "The Touch", this novella is so well written and fast paced, the story just pulls you through to part 18. I couldn't put it down! I eagerly await Book 2!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
6ef4

The title is my moniker. You are to be congratulated on a great story. I have to ask so many authors to add content to fill out their characters, build motivation, etc. You have that nailed and more. I have NEVER seen a work with a higher score. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic

Thank you for sharing, this was pure quality and the perfect blend of story, character depth and sex. Loved it!! ❤️

CowboyRickCowboyRickalmost 4 years ago
SO VERY AWESOME

I enjoyed this story so very much. I got started reading and could not stop. I hope to see a lot more stories of the Rooster Club. Thank you for such a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sortera topparna efter längd och grovlek så blir det lättare att välja.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very long but well thought out story Amanda. I look forward to the next instalment and inclusion of new members

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous