All Comments on 'Head in the Clouds'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 96 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Great Tale

As the expression goes, "What goes around, comes around." It was surely proven in this tale.

Five Stars

oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

Great story Slirpuff!

dmhackdmhackabout 10 years ago
Wonderful change of pace

No foot long dicks, no idiotic slut wives, and no wimpy half-men. Thanks.

Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

elHosedelHosedabout 10 years ago
Good read...

...though I will never understand why people don't realize that moving is usually the best solution to their economic woes.

That and the fact that stuff is just stuff and means nothing.

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
Nice read

What a breath of fesh air! Five stars worth!

A husband and wife who stuck it out together, through thick and thin.

Nice to imagine that some such folks might still exist.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Nice story

But why is it in the Loving Wives category?

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Pure Disney.

That's not meant to be derogatory, well written tale but I have to agree with an earlier comment. What's it doing here? Isn't this supposed to be an erotic site? I had more erotic feelings the last time I stubbed my toe. 3*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
chicken soup homiles for the loving wives souless ?

a little sweet, a little sour and very forgettable when stacked up against the best of this author. Yet there's no denying there's a well intentioned motive here, but the resolution rang hollow.. Speaking as person with about four of the chicken soup series of books, myself . This yarn ran saccharine at the end.

The whole aura was convincing in terms of the downbeat economic spiral. But the near miss in terms of the kidney extraction and golden ticket provision back .to middle class felt tacked on and artificial .This entry ultimately rates as try-hard but doesn't quite connect or convince at conclusion..

Four stars for good set-up but gotta withhold the fifth because there's just no way this rates with the Slirpuff who authored " A Little Bit of Death ' or ' Love Wasn't Enough' . I do admire as per nearly always how this author will utilize 'reality' as in flawed but good hearted characters and economic maladies as the prime movers in his story.

I've clicked five stars for Slirpuff dozens of times before and look forward to doing the same with his next submission.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 10 years ago
Really good but

I agree with anon, all that time with his company OBVIOUSLY failing and he isn't looking for another job? He is willing to do ANYTHING, even selling his kidney, but he couldn't find a burger flipping job part time? Or a couple of them?

It was a classic tale of a good guy in a tough situation and being rewarded for being good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
If I understood the timeline...

This guy stayed in the dead-end job well over two years with the writing SPRAYPAINTED in neon on the wall. Trust me, I have been a victim in the downturned economy, so I know how hard it is to find a job. But there was never a hint here in this story that he was even looking. His wife takes a second job, but he doesn't? I think He could have been flipping burgers, selling lotto at the 7-11 and mounting a ceaseless campaign to find another job prior to getting to the point of selling a kidney. OK, part of this story is to show a guy adrift in a sea of depression, and you HAD to get the reader to the point where we would understand why he would consider harvesting organs for profit, but still.......

I would think that if he had a management background, it would have been possible for him to find another (better?) job. It might not have happened right away, it might have required relocation, but SOMETHING should have happened within 2 1/2 years, if he was seriously looking for it to happen, instead of being paralyzed in the "hope" that things would improve with the current boss, who obviously was mis-running the company.

I think I got your premise of the story, but to build it upon this frustrating of a cornerstone plot point, sadly prevented me from getting into it.

I like your stuff, Slirpuff. Your name alone made this the first story I read this morning. In some ways, I REALLY liked the fact, that the wife in this story never cheated (looking for a way out to a better life?). Knowing how likely that scenario would have been to play out, kept up a sense of tension, while the reader slogged his way through the depression of the narrator. But why do I keep expecting "MOORE" out of you? Still 4 stars.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 10 years ago
wow a man that loved his family

and a wife that didn't whore herself out to make ends meet. It was an interesting concept. And yet we have people complaining that he wasn't cuckolded or that Disney reference makes you wonder. If the guy loving his wife isn't erotic, so how is his wife getting gangbanged by U of Texas so much more erotic? 5*****

RonG1941RonG1941about 10 years ago
Non Erotic:

Good read, just in the wrong category. Should have been in the Non Erotic category. Therefore I was not able to give it a ratting.

I'm starting to worry about the competence of Literotica's editors. I can understand thou that they must be getting despite for something good to read in the Loving Wives category after all the garbage that has been posted in that category lately.

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 10 years ago
Definitely tame but good to feel the shared love now and then.

Ya could say that good things happen to those that do good - but his wife was right, he was taking a risk that would have devastated the family if it had gone wrong. Redemption was ultimately forthcoming....gambler's luck. Thanks for writing 4*

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years ago
I'm glad you put it in loving wives...

I would probably not have read it, otherwise. Well done and breath of fresh air. We need many more like this.

Thanks,

5*s.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 10 years ago
Always

One thing I know when I see your name, I'll read a good story...'ALWAYS'!!!

SlirpuffSlirpuffabout 10 years agoAuthor
Just what is Loving Wives?

Sex or love making in a person's married life is very important, but not the most important thing. If you added up all the time you spent making love, you'd find it was just a small percentage of your married life, not even if you're doing it five times a week which only 5% of us are. Communication, trying to survive the every day shit that happens in your lives and keeping your marriage together is sometimes more than a person handle. Throw in bankruptcy and see how difficult a marriage can be. Money, or lack of it, kills more marriages than cheating. When your that far down, the money you'd get flipping burgers, like someone suggested, is not going to cut it. Like I said, how far would you go? Only you can answer that question....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What a read

I think I've read almost everything you have written and posted here. This has got to be 1 of the best things you've written. Very good read Sir.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
5*

Great story with a premise that's sadly far to real to life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great Story

from one of my favorite writers in this site. Thank You!

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Good Story

It held my attention from beginning to end. Yes, the category leaves us wondering all the time if the wife is going to find a "solution" for their problem and guarantees a much wider audience than in the non-erotic category. For me, I believe that I will read anything which has Slir Puff's imprimatur.

The story is painful and unfortunately reflects a moment or moments in our civilization. It does not have to be a downturn... even an upturn can destroy market niches and people. The point that bothered me most was that both the husband and the wife acted repeatedly without talking to the other. This will normally be a recipe for disaster and makes me agree with the commentator who labelled it a Disney Ending...

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
A rare feel good tale!

Had the ups and downs of real life mixed in with your usual ability to spin a great tale, Slirp.

5 Solid Stars.

zed0zed0about 10 years ago
Truly A Modern Fairy Tale

Instead of finding love and living happily ever after, they now find money and live happily ever after.

It's a sign of the times!

likeboblikebobabout 10 years ago

A better title for this waste of time would have been " Head Up Your Ass".

gordo12gordo12about 10 years ago
Great story

4* I really liked the end.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WE ALL THINK, HOPE AND PRAY WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE

the right answer will appear, some can handle it others never will, the mirror tells the tale, TK U MLJ LV NV

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Good Story

Belongs in Non-Erotic, but I understand why you put it here. Readers were thinking the wife was going to make money the oldest fashion way for her family. This stayed G rated, but was pretty good anyway.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Wow. Serious as a heart attack (or a kidney transplant?)

This one was real. My daughter and son-in-law went through this but at least I had some spare bucks to help them through it. Irony is that if they had gotten laid off and learned how to play the benefits games they would have had more money than working. Funny now the taxes always go up. Great story SP.

mavir9mavir9about 10 years ago
No good deed goes undone

Bravo, great story, will there be a follow up?

Bev59Bev59about 10 years ago
Wonderful, great job

Love your story and your other writing. Thank you, Bev

curioussscuriousssabout 10 years ago
Glad you're back

Not your best but good enough to be special.

You amaze me by the sheer variety of your plots.

Thanks,

Norm

connoisseur29connoisseur29about 10 years ago
*****

I guess LW is about the only place to put this story. Well written and goes with the times. Enjoyed it very much. Cheers!

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing. Glad you are back!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
glad you are back!

ÆAs many said...... Glad you are back.

d2talld2tallabout 10 years ago
Thanks!

I have read all your stories on Literotica, they all are great. Thanks for this one it was beautiful. Hope to see more.

jsh1138jsh1138almost 10 years ago
easily the most erotic story ever published on here

we have a "non-erotic" category, you know that right?

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 10 years ago
Five stars for Slirpuf

Great story. Always a good read from you.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THIS STORY COUNTERS THE GENETIC CODES OF THE M/F

usually it the Female who commits herself to the species and the Males code is for themselves first, but as with all truths there is always someone who defys the code, TK U MLJ LV NV

gulshannraygulshannrayalmost 10 years ago
HEAD IN TEH CLOUD

IMMENSELY ENJOYED THE STORY PARTICULARLY THE FINISH THOUGH IT WAS A BIT ANTICIPATED BUT WELL DESERVED AND NICELY GESTURED BY THE BEREAVED OF THE DECEASED FAMILY..

shaman43shaman43almost 10 years ago
Well done

5 stars some tears and feel good ending. Ahhhh

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 10 years ago
If there is a problem and anger it's with these annony. people

who comment on every LW story and they are rude nasty and disgusting. They know it's a story they don't like or say they don't and then bitch and comment with very nasty comments. It should be mandatory you have to leave your membership name.

BBbrainbillBBbrainbillalmost 10 years ago
Words won't do.

5 stars PLUS! A very emotional story that effected me greatly. I can't find the words…………….. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What the hell?

This should have been about the wife whoring herself out and the hubbie sitting home jacking off, instead its a story about a real loving family, W.T.F.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Real

Your story was a very true to life! Even good marriages aren't perfect. But it's when the chips are down that you really see who you are married to. The main character was flawed and still in that state made such sincere sacrifice for his family. So beautiful. Everyone deserves a happy ending!

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Oh boy...

Like a lot of people when I see Slurpuff I know I'm in for a treat. Happened again!

If I had one complaint it's I don't get enough of you. How about it; back to the keyboard my friend.

Thanks a lot. Of course it's a fiver; that's the highest they allow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
fooled again

Most if the time I can't see where Slirpuff's stories are going and this one was beyond a shocker. Hats off to a masterful storyteller

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

First rate, top of the world story!

George in Omaha

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 10 years ago
WOW Really WOW!!!!

Timely story with soo... much going on right now (too much bad)!!!!

Well written, good characters. A REAL pleasure to read!

Thank you for writing and sharing.

Yes I do look for your stories to read and will continue whenever you post,

I even go back and read some of you older work when nothing new is good!!!

Thanks again for work it is appreciated.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago

I don't remember who wrote it but this quote is for those trapped in our Corporate Socialist system: "If you cannot endure through the hard times, you will never survive the good times."

Contrary to 'common belief', revolutions do not occur during the worst of times.

Rather revolutions occur when things start to improve and people can lift their heads up and look around begin to express their resentment at the bad leadership that got everyone into the bad times, in the first place.

I've seen the same thing happen with marriages. Every one comes together during the crisis but once past it's like releasing a steam valve.

All the built up resentments and anger boil out when group solidarity turns to individual greed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Outtstanding story...

we read so many where one spouse puts themselves ahead of the other. Steve was a REAL man and husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Life.

This story captures what it means to be in love, not just the physical.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
good story

why do things have to get that hard to find people of integrity, and character?

VickieTernVickieTernover 9 years ago
Remarkable!

Because, though as the title suggests this is a fairy story, you make the people and motives -- and conflicting motives -- seem real, recognizable, even likely (though the wife's gift of $50,000 could seem merely wishful, no way probable, it's still within possibility). Accidents -- such as encountering decent people -- do occur. First rate!

PhotoproffPhotoproffover 9 years ago
Paying Forward

Something we need more so today than in the past. People who give of themselves for their fellow man.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Very Nice!

I've read this before, but it's been a while.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

very understandable. I haven't read a story like this for a long time, it is good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved your story

O'Henry is alive and well. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fkn Cool

The cutback sequence started to get tedious, but sh#t, just imagine living it for real.

Well done, Slirp.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
Loving Wife/Husband -- yes it does fit in the category!!

This author constantly surprises me. His insight into human nature and the convoluted way we humans behave have me on edge even "biting my nails" as it were. More power to his pen!

McAnonMcAnonabout 7 years ago
Beautiful

I really think this is one of your best.The ending was a bit predictable but it caused me to well up. So good story. I like most of your stories even if they have a common theme but you have a way of making each one interesting even if it is just the mechanics of it. In this one I think you hit all the buttons. Again well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WTF?

This is a site for SEX stories -- not an interview for a job with a local newspaper.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* Really?????

Wrong category dude. Nobody wants to hear about someone's financial problems. Why didnt husband look for work elsewhere? Contrived plot. Ending is fantasy.

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 7 years ago
Poignant and unexpected

I am going to weigh in on the other side of the two comments before this one. Yes this is a sex site. However, you don't have to dig far to find some really great writings on this website. Some I would even like to see expanded and go public or even put on the big screen. When an author begins to write they usually have in mind where they want to go with it but, occasionally, a story seems to write itself. So now you have this really great story but no where to go with it so you post it anyway. I am one of those that treasures those stories and even look for them because, while I do like to read sex stories, I will read and reread the really good ones whether they have sex in them or not. I don't know if Slirpuff intended to go this way or not with this piece but it is one that I will be back to reread.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
NO GOOD DEEDS SHOULD BE PUNISHED

and this time the Gods were smiling. TK U MLJ LV NV

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
AH I SEE THE NEGATIVE ANNONY MOUSE NAZIS COMMENTS

Anonymous negative Nazis, take your comments and suggestions and Yourself and piss off (excuse my French) Anyway I enjoyed the story! Love has no boundaries!

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Misspelings caused by tars in my eyes

Very well written story of love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This one...

...hit close to home. Made me cry dammit. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 5 years ago
All That Is Missing ...

Now, if we could find an adventurous wife in there somewhere!

A good, but very sad, tale with a happy ending for Our Hero.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 5 years ago
Oops. .my bad

Thought this was an LW story. Ignore prior post.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Very good story

Hell, I would do the same thing. Don't blame him one bit. The other guy was an honorable man.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
The meaning of sacrifice

I would have done the same thing, this story shows the true meaning of love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Re: Penneydog55

Get'em darlin', I've missed your comments. :o) For some of you, you did notice it was a 'Romance' story? This could have been a Randi Christmas story it was so good! Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Waiting

I kept waiting for wife to turn tricks to make ends meet.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Decent

Decent story,good deeds do need repaying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great stories

All your stories a good but they .... all are good but like this one it need a follow up . And many others that I read have more to writin please continue writing more like this and do follow ups .😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is Romance cat. guys

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Just another incredible heartwarming Story; A wonderful look at human compassion.

This makes for such tourist views that I rather apply outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a heart warming story of a man will to do what ever it took

thanks for this story

Carolynne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

aaargh

I expect to be horny and fapping, but got tears instead

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

A bit different type of story, but we'll done. Thanks for your writing.

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951almost 2 years ago

this is about as close as you can get to a true " And they all lived happily ever. " ending. thank you for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cool story. Sort of reminded me of a modern adult version of Gift of the Magi

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At long last!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Story was recommended in comments and was certainly worth the read!

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
But

But did he take her offer of a job?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. The build-up was done very well. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just a little more would have made it perfect!

DarknsDarknsabout 1 year ago

Yes, just a little more to round out the finish and outcome would have been perfect. However, still 5 stars. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rather remarkable. More like a parable. Unfortunately it may well represent some reality a little too close for some unlucky stiff

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Been there with no hope. Wish I could have gotten a Saviour

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Lay off, destitute ... Young, broke, with hungry children. Relatable. 5/5

Damn you're good, Slirpuff.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

A powerful story that really touches the heart. I'm in a situation somewhat like your Steve Moore. If only I had met with a man like David Connors. Could I have had the guts through a similar contract? Maybe, maybe not. But it's nice to imagine the best, is it not?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous