All Comments on 'Helen'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
DefileDefileover 6 years ago

Absolutely amazing. I was the glued to every word you said. Can't wait to read more.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Now. this is real GITM

Complex, perfectly constructed, mysterious.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
That was terrifying

Please never write anything ever again

more please

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Whew

I hated it. Know why? I read every fucking perfectly used word. Bare bones, nothing wasted. Wonderful command of the language, beautifully written. If you write more about Helen, I'll read it and hate that I did. See, I don't like horror stories but I love excellent writing. 5* of course.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 6 years ago
Wow!

You know something like this is coming and when the story finally gets there, it's still terrifying. YIKES! Another fine piece of writing from GITM, who writes the stories going on inside her character's heads. Thanks for sharing your considerable talents.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Sees Helen Morphing into Husk of Body That Used to Belong to Melania Trump

" Of course I'd love to have a daughter. It would be good for Barron to have a sister and good for Donald 's gender sensibilities to answer to another daughter . But absolute Global control comes first.

InsigniaInsigniaover 6 years ago
Very intense

I really fell into this piece. I have said it before but you write dialogue as well as any author I have ever read.

The only bad thing about this story is that it reminds me of a piece an English teacher might have a class deconstruct and make students write a paper on!

Actually, sometimes that was fun. 5 * easy.

mitchawamitchawaover 6 years ago
Confused

I don't understand Helen or Emily or Aidan or the setting or the contract, or the Drs. or the helicopter or the ending, but it was great. I hung on to every word and emotion, of which there were many. The dialogue was clipped but it fit the setting and established the mood. The internal dialogue was fantastic as a connection between Emily and Aidan become carnal. Helen's going missing and then reappearing make for an interesting open ended ending.

CliterateDykeCliterateDykeover 6 years ago

Oh damn, this was so freaking creepy. I'm still shivering. I'm 3 very short pages you told the most incredible story of fear, grief, loneliness, human misery, fear, passion, love. Every word was perfect. Nothing you wrote was wasted. It left me stunned, amazed & still scared out of my mind without knowing why. Maybe Helen is right about them being tied together. Maybe she is the means to their salvation. Or maybe Emily was supposed to die in the island & Helen was there to correct that. I'm the end though, true horror is that horribly scary unknown that you there is into at the end. Perfectly written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

As far as I can judge the writing is superb and the plot is very creepy. What I don't get is why this isn't in horror as everything there must be as sci-fi as this.

norafaresnorafaresover 5 years ago

I read this story some time ago and I still find myself thinking about it from time to time. A truly chilling story. Helen was the most interesting and terrifying character I've come across in a story in a long, long time. Although I found myself having a little trouble finding the true chemistry between the two main characters, I still enjoyed the narrative.

Beautifully delivered. I will probably hungrily be reading your other stories.

-Nora :}

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Top notch

Excellent short story. Very well written. It deserved to end when and how it did. Really enjoyed reading this. Thank you.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
Very good

Needs another part to end everything and an epilogue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Helen is a truly terrifying creature.

This was superbly written in every respect.

You did a fantastic job delineating the spirit and hopelessness of the couple.

You really do need to run epilog to this it is a story that needs to be finished.

I know you're trying to create a cliff hanger but I think in this case that was a wrong vehicle to use to end the story.

All of that said and I agree with everybody below you're a fantastic writer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***