All Comments on 'Hello Father'

by Hanover_Fist

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
Bd4554Bd4554almost 10 years ago
Disappointing to leave this hanging

I hope there will eventually be a resolution of this story. As usual in these situations, the kids are the innocent victims of their parents' bad behavior. The husband's horror and pain are perfectly understandable, but he left 4 kids alone with a mother without any visible means of support. They didn't deserve that. Their mother, of course, can rot in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1*

Don't care for unfinished stories. A betrayal to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good Start.

But I wish I didn't read a unfinished story, please don't do that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

The kids are innocent, but they are not his responsibility. The world is full of innocent children in need of help. All of them equally deserving of help. Their cunt of a mother created the situation and they are indeed her responsibility. Let her fix the mess she created.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10almost 10 years ago
Heartbreaking/Heartwarming

You did a marvelous job unfolding this story for us. It was brilliant from beginning to end. You peeled it like an onion, layer by layer, unfolding this man's pain as it became unbearable. His flight to sanity took a long and torturous road, and you led us through it mile by mile, job by job. I don't believe I've seen or read any other author do that before; it was marvelously done. His altercation with Robert was stunning. As he laid his life bear for his son, you could feel the pain being transferred between them. How does Robert go home and explain to his brothers what he has learned? How does his face his mother with the evidence of her illicit actions? I hope, sometime in the near future to read chapters two and three of this marvelous work to see how it all ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Robert and his brothers confrontation with Sandy would be a blast

No mother wants to be called a slut by her own offspring.There will never be a excuse the fact she breed children with FOUR diferent partners and named after them.If she knew it he was sterile, she would permit he named his children.She is the EVIL.

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
congratulations on creating a firestorm

I just wish the story lived up to the comments and controversy stirred up by the hype.

It is a sad commentary on how a "loving wife" can deceive, contrive, and manipulate a man who loves and honours her even though she knows she does not deserve it. The good guy lives up to his part of the marriage contact while she totally disregards it.

Who loses out in the end? the four sons by four different fathers.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Yes...

First, I gave this a five. I did it as an incentive to get you to continue with this family's story. I do want to find out more about Sandy.

Second, I think this could become quite convoluted. Sandy was at one time devoted to your hero; then she becomes a wanton and the deliberate naming of the boys makes her even more confusing.

Third, with all the comments already and yet no Harry? As much as I dread reading his remarks he always has something to say. I'd like to hear his take on what's here.

racoon1174racoon1174almost 10 years ago
Brilliant

You really have done an amazing job creating a situation filled with emotion and telling it's story brilliantly. I agree with the Anon about what an explosive chapter the childrens confrontation with their mother would be. I however have no need to hear the "reason's" (sad sack BS and excuses) behind a wife doing this so maliciously. Keep on writing like this to many stories on here not worth the free electrons they are made up of.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
Please continue

I'm with Carvohi (one of my favorite contributors) on this. Different approach, great story, and begs a conclusion. Thank you for sharing your talent and hope to read more of you soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent story

Compelling.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 10 years ago
Please, more

Yes, please do write more about this poor man and his descent into the hell his cheating slut of a wife sentenced him to. I must say though that the only thing I would want to see about the wife would be her finally understanding what she has done and what she has lost. Personally I would have the children along with her family and friends turn their backs on her. She betrayed them all. In real life cheating sluts get away with it almost every time. Even if only in a story though, it is good to see one made to pay for what they did.

If the poor man gets his life back and finds a way out of his personal hell, so much the better! I have no sympathy for wives that cheat on decent husbands. Cheating on an abusive or uncaring husband can be understood, but even then the wife should just cut her losses and divorce the bastard rather than cheat on him in my opinion. Divorce is easy these days, so cheating while staying married is international infliction of pain in my opinion, tantamount to torture. In other words cheaters deserve whatever they get, no matter how awful that revenge may be.

Hanover_FistHanover_Fistalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Bowing to pressure

Just a quick note, Chapter 2 is at the editor.

I do work better when under a little pressure, but...

Having an anonymous writer saying, "Hey Asshole, where is chapter 2" pales in comparison to my boss saying, "Hey Asshole, where is the policy options memo on the Ontario project?"

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 10 years ago
take ur time

some things are worth waiting for. T

ts0l1983ts0l1983almost 10 years ago
Sad story about a career, I mean marriage.

A good start but more time was spent describing the guy's career than his marriage. No wonder the wife had time to fuck around so much.

Plus, what father describes his wife's breasts and lovemaking habits to his son???

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
I disagree

I can get with 'unfinished' stories. Every story is 'unfinished'. 'Crime and Punishment' doesn't painstakingly outline exactly what happens to the Protag AFTER the prison camp. So what? The entire premise of that story was 'how a man dealt with his crime internally'.

This story doesn't have any such conclusion. How did he deal with his betrayal? We don't know. He is still crawling out of his pit of despair. How does he deal with his sons? We don't know. All we have is an inappropriate story told to his son. So this entire story is set up of the PROBLEM. She cheated...and now several people know.

And? What did he do? Look at sunsets. Okay. Personal growth? Strength? Closure to the relationship? Nope. He tells a story and...?

So you finished it. Let's see where it goes before I score it.

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Career vs wife and family

He discovered that his marriage and family were a gigantic lie, and now all he has in his life is his work, so it's no surprise that his reminiscences are heavy career; they're the only memories he has that don't cause him pain.

As for Sandy's "reasons," who cares? Whatever "reasons" she may offer, they'll all be self serving crap. The focus of any followup or ending should be on Robert; what he and the kids went through after their "father" disappeared and what he decides to do with what he has learned.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
abandoned ?

Many say that he abandoned "his sons" but the reality of it is he had no sons.

The evil creature that he was married to had sons but he did not.

Her comments show that this was done with intent and likely malice.

As she made a point to always say "her sons" not their sons.

As to her taking half of his current fortune, having separated for five years a good lawyer could make a case that she did not deserve a share. He has enough to afford very good lawyers.

The reason given for the wife getting an equal share is that she supports the husband through her actions in the household as a partner.

If she is not there where is that support?

Not so sure if he was truly sterile or it was an accidental vasectomy, recovering quickly, no loss of sexual function and no mention to him of long term effects by his doctors suggests less damage.

If so it could be reversed, but he had been given no reason to look for a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Dad

Sadly, though he was not a father, he had been a good dad.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 10 years ago
@TwoCrows

I disagree with two of your points. They ARE his sons. Biology is part, but not the most important part, of being a father. An adopted child is the child of the adopting parents, not the sperm and egg donors. In this case, he was the father. He raised them. He took them to events. He nurtured them.

Second, he is LEGALLY the father. He is on the birth certificate. The burden of proving he is not the father is on him. And because he did not try to do that, when it would have been simple with DNA evidence, he is financially responsible for them. He WILL owe the cheating, evil bitch back child support. You may think its unfair, but that is how it WILL play out in real life legal proceedings.

I know a lot of people cant get past how bad the wife was, but I repeat what I have said before. Two wrongs don't make a right. If he had hurt her and only her, I wouldn't consider that a wrong. But walking away from four boys who you have always considered your sons, who think they are your sons, who legally are your sons, who need you and presumably love you - that is just wrong. And however, evil the wife was -hurting his sons (and yes, they are his sons even if not biologically) is just wrong.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 10 years ago
A Word or two about what is or is not a "family member"

like a son, a daughter, a father, a mother, an aunt, et al.

I guess it is easy or easier to understand, if you're among those who've been adopted, or who have adopted children.

my maternal grandmother adopted a little baby from another ethnic (different from ours), and my mother, being the older of two sisters (that's why my grandmother adopted the boy: she was not able to have more kids, so a boy would complement the two girls she had)... my mother raised that uncle of mine from the time he was a tiny, day-old baby.

and he IS a family member; he is a better human being than any of a person than any other human being I've ever known, including and especially the "real blood relatives"! he is kind and he works to death, for himself and for any other person who needs his help.

and he doesn't know his "real family" since my mother and grandmother raised him from a tiny baby, so he IS family. there is no other way to describe, or to understand, the term "family" is my uncle is not what is considered a family...

anyway, the 4 boys of THIS CHARACTER WE READ HERE are indeed our wronged hero's boys; they had no part in how they came to be; and all their lives, they had him, until some 5 years ago.

so, yes, HE IS THEIR FATHER and THEY ARE HIS SONS, even though from his view it is such a tragic thing, such a tragic reality. but the tragedy was and is OF his wife's doing, not his or the boys. so I don't think he could OR SHOULD get away "from them." even a court would rule against him, if he were to start a legal case to legally separate himself from them. because, again, the boys are innocent in this tragedy; making their lives even more tragic, by denying them a father --- someone who had raised and loved them all their young lives ---- won't be a punishment for their heinous mother; it would, again, be merely more punishment for them.

so, yes, legally, morally, ethically and any other parameters you want to look at it, these boys ARE this man's boys and his responsibility.

who know, one or all of them MAY BE THE PEOPLE who would, at the end when he is old and helpless, be those willing to take care of him, be with him and makes sure his physical and emotional needs are met; and one or all of them MAY TURN AGAINST their mother, who is obviously a very HEINOUS person, a person that NO ONE should or could truly love, if that's how she operates her life around those who loved and trusted her...

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Can anyone say

sperm donor? We need to hear Mom's side of the story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Some minor errors, but overall well done. I don't get how this son is not mad at his father. If he considers these children still his, even though he his not the biological father, how could he abandon them? Not that I don't think the scenario is authentic, I just don't feel as though it is adequately wrestled with. I would expect the boy to at least express some anger and then maybe forgive. The real life progression of emotions seems stunted.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago

Thanks for adding the comment about how the son would not want to hear the details of his parents sex life. However, I'm not sure a son wants to hear that his mother was insatiable, or had nice breasts.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
Ending for "Father" please!

Come on now, you know the poor man deserves both closure and a new love. Margo is an attractive candidate, so write it and let me move on...PLEASE!

ohyessssssohyessssssover 9 years ago
more

The story does beg for more. If you haven't already written it, please give her aids or cancer or something that that turns her life to complete misery.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
RUN AND HIDE---TO HIDE

till you're running empty. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
AT LEAST HE FINALLY SAW THE REAL WITCH IN HER SOUL

and he scammed and jammed on and out, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good start

But you need to finish strong for this to be any good. He starts out as a complete chicken that runs away rather than confront his problems. Lets see him deal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved it

I don't know what to comment except that it's a really good story,brilliant in writing,thank you.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Sandy even got to go out a few evenings with her co-workers while I stayed home." - Um, if he's home, why not get a baby sitter and go with her?

How could Sandy be so sure that the boys weren't his? The pregnancies were close enough to sex with hubby that he wasn't suspicious, so why didn't she think that they might be his?

Why take only half the 401k? He's leaving the house and all the other assets, why not take the whole thing?

While I don't blame him for dumping Sandy's ass, those were HIS sons, even if not of his blood!

"looser" - Lit writers, please learn the difference between "lose/loose" and "loser/looser"!

"Why the names?" - Pretty obvious! Both to remember her lovers, and a subtle dig at hubby!

Odd, you said that you were working on another story, but the next posting was chapter 2! I also remember that at the end of your earlier story you mentioned a man walking away from his life. Although the reason is different, it seems that you used it as a seed for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story, excellent writing...

Looking forward to reading the next chapter. Great story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
more,,,

please write more .. this is good writing,, id love to see where this goes , thanks for sharing this ,

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Great start

I don't know how l have missed these stories. Great srart, I hope it keeps going, as there are a lot of questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waste of time

Next time please tell us you’re not going to finish the story in the prologue and will just skip your writings altogether if you’re too lazy to finish a story please be too lazy to start it There are far too many excellent writers ion this site for us to be missed directed to stories such as this

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Very powerful and well told. 5*****

I found it horribly credible. I doubt the wife has an adequate excuse, but it would be interesting to hear her try.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
COMMENTS ON COMMENTS

I'm wondering if the second commenter before me, Anonymous (titled: Waste of time) is new to this site.

When a story you are reading is interrupted by the ending,

First look for the ending sidebar, "Also In This Series," where Anonymous would have found the two sequels.

Nothing there?

Next, check author's Submissions page.

I once found a 3-part story listed only by titles (no Ch. 01, etc), but the reading (and Submissions) order was:

1st listed

3rd listed

2nd listed.

Another 5-part story was scattered willy-nilly (actually in alphabetical order) throughout a quite lengthy Submissions list.

However, the reading order was clearly (though not easily) discernible from the Descriptions which identified "Part one of..." or, "Part two of..." etc.

If Anonymous had followed through on checking for sequels, he would not have castigated Hanover_Fist for not providing what he had already provided.

On the other hand, had Hanover_Fist labeled this "Hello Father, Ch. 01," Anonymous probably would not have commented/complained. Such a label would also have done away with the multitude of comments calling for a sequel, before it came.

Since I, like Anonymous, do not care for reading unfinished stories, I do not read a story labeled "Ch. 01" that has no follow-up.

Never a follow-up? Never read.

Fellow Readers,

The 20th comment by Anonymous, 7-24-14 (titled: Your story captures the sense of TOTAL betrayal) is an insightful, in-depth analysis of the psychology that might cause him to abandon even his own boys. Well worth reading. And maybe re-reading.

GenghisKahn, 08-01-14 (titled: A Word or two about what is or is not a "family member"), makes a very good case, by citing his adopted uncle, that biology is not required for family. Many fathers have raised children who were not theirs by blood -- blessings on them.

HOWEVER (great as it is), GenghisKahn's analysis is lacking a crucial factor/difference.

When GK's grandmother adopted, she knowingly, willingly, deliberately CHOSE to raise a son who was not her own flesh and blood.

The guy in our captivating story had fatherhood unknowingly foisted upon him by the choices of a cheating, dishonest, philandering wife, leaving him in ignorance for most (all?) of their marriage, while having a sniffling indifference to his highly skilled technical occupation that supported her/them so well. Discovery of the truth comes through a blindsided revelation that is mind-boggling and heartwrenching -- 4 sons by wife's 4 (plus obviously more) adulteries with 4 different men.

To say the least, this is a VERY different way to arrive at fatherhood-of-sons-not-you-own (and the knowledge of it) than adoption!

To capture that feeling and for more empathy, I suggest GK (and others) might ponder the above-mentioned comment by Anonymous (Your story captures the sense of TOTAL betrayal ).

The story, so far, is 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Very good

Such total betrayal by a wife. These are not his sons. No wonder they are so different.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Here's when the crap hits the fan......

What does a man feel like when he finds none of the kids are his...Good for him that he dumps the wife...but he owes the kids and explanation...they only know him as a father...this makes this guy a wimp in my book...but so is the author here...this story is not finished...and since the wife was a cheater...what happened to her when she was found out...this her story to...as to the author of this story...finished this dam story.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fucking piece of shit supposed man.

I don't care that his wife is a c*** (and she definitely is) he had children who were dependent on him for his love, his time, his money. He abandoned those boys and that is a far far worse betrayal. His son is too good for him. Fucking bastard should be shot at dawn.

And don't give me any of your holier than thou righteous male bullshit. The wife deserved it. The kids didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Starsong

So typical of women. You think a man can be defrauded by a woman and, when the fraud is exposed, forced to live the fraud. Let's suppose the boys were bastard quadruplets; the husband discovers the fraud immediately; he divorces her and leaves. Are the boys better off being raised by a single mother, or did they benefit from the many years of love and support from the defrauded husband? Were the five years he was gone worse for them than being raised by a single mother with the low income, reduced life prospects, dangers from boyfriends, etc. that being raised by a single mother entails. From where does this alleged obligation to raise involuntarily other men's children arise? From where does the assumption that the welfare of the children is all that matters come? Both the children and the husband were victims of the wife. What Starsong is really promoting is that it's somehow "moral" to make men slaves to support their wive's bastard children. This is an example of toxic feminist bullshit and evidence that Schopenhauer was right: Women lack a sense of justice.

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
WHAT TO DO?

Starsong 1977 IS WAY OFF BASE this man was no more than a babysitter. The wife had a DUTY. to tell him he was not the father and make proper arrangements to care for the boys the amount he had already done was above and beyond his level of responsibility here. The deficiency was ALL ON the wife who obviously knew who the fathers were. and abdicated her responsibility for purely selfish and spiteful reasons. This man was only lacking in his communication with the boys who he couldhave informed of this act of evil on his wife's part. He clearly did not see it necessary to damage or destroy their mother so he took the whole blame on himself I applaud this character for his actions as being justified and much better than staying around to be constantly reminded that he was not the father and being tempted todo harm to either father or their slut of a mother 5stars Thank You I hope you, or someone else completes this sad tale and the evil witch of a mother suffers in similar mode to her childrenand her ex-husband. Women like this deserve a sticky ending and any continuation Must see this evil bitch totally BURNED. 'SORRY'If I have spoiled the day of any wimpy liberal ass out there (not really sorry!) PLEASE someone destroy this bitch. Time for a cup of tea for me!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Yeah

Helluva story.

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
Get real

StarSong isn't wrong, at least not totally. While what the wife did was horrible, what he did abandoning those kids is actually more horrific. At the point those boys were at, they needed their father, and he just disappeared. He had a duty to those kids to stay involved, even though leaving the wife was the right move.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Thats a whole lot of writing to get almost no where.

And sorry kids him walking out was NOT wrong. Anyone with any self respect would consider it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And the rest?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, economically told. I like the ending: there is no need for more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too bad this author stopped writing. He writes a very good story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story! So glad to not see and to not read into the story the many bad habits picked up by other writer's that grew up and tested themselves as story tellers here at Literotica. Yours was exceptional without the Hyper Punctuation's and dot dot dots. So I call you an Author and rightly so in hopes that others read your submissions to find out the differences between the two. To be a story teller or and Author? That is the question! Thank you so very much, it was pure pleasure to read your submission! 5 BIG AND FAT FLAMING FUCKING NOVA STARS!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Good, but a little simple. like on the plane's engine designs, getting a patent in a few months. But those are not what the story is really about. The boys were really "his" just not biologically.

biggoomba3biggoomba311 months ago

Great story, but unfinished. Well, Mr. Finish the Damn story, finish it, or accept you are a Hypocrite.

biggoomba3biggoomba311 months ago

Please excuse the last comment from me. I obviously had a massive brain fart.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

1 star for the asswipe cunt not having any punishment whatsoever. May change if the next chapters fix that but somehow, I doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Students at MIT do not need to send out job aspps. After the first year, those requiring financial assistance have already acquired an internship, by the end of their third year many have been offered a position upon graduation and those few remaining have some type of position set up.

RuttweilerRuttweiler9 months ago
I’ve had plenty of complete physicals in my life

In a physical, the aspects of your body that are examined involve disease and longevity. Being tested for sterility is not part of a complete physical. Whether or not you can father children doesn’t have anything to do with whether you’ll live a long time. It just isn’t within the scope of a physical exam.

Normally, a small issue. But in this case, the entire story hinges on this plot point. If this crucial, but nonexistent test isn’t performed, the tale is never told.

I know that a bunch of the readers here don’t care if something is reasonable, likely or even possible. They’re just here for the bitch-burning. As long as an imaginary woman is virtually miserable, or even digitally dead, they’re happy. If she fails to suffer adequately, they are enraged, and their souls are disturbed.

Really low standards, but you only need to look at the country to see that a third of the citizenry has demonstrably abysmal judgement.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Excellent, thank you for writing that. As for the sequels, there's no reason to look into the motivation for the so-called "wife." Unfortunately, with all these, it's pretty simple down deep. It's her ugly, selfish, bent heart that drives the narcissistic thinking. Women like that cannot be corrected, they can't be fixed, until they have a change of heart, and that's beyond psychology or anything else in the world...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous