All Comments on 'Her Darling Boy'

by ms_girl23

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
sick bitch

you are one sick bitch

draculessdraculessover 19 years ago
I disagree with the comment below

It's amazing how people only want to hear good things without hearing anything bad. Anyone who talks about depressing things is considered sick and disturbed. I admit that my stories are rarely as depressing as yours. However, my poetry is pretty disturbing. Not that I have any on the site. Still, I liked your story to the extent that anyone can like a story that is kind of depressing. I identified with the story without enjoying reading it.

Don't feel down because of the insults of someone who doesn't understand your story. Don't let it effect your writing in general. There will always be those who don't get where your coming from.

Don't forget to write the continue of "To Tempt the Devil". I really liked it!

AnimeHimekoAnimeHimekoover 19 years ago
Beautiful, as always

You already know how much I love your work, so I won't go on about how wonderful you really are. Instead, I'd like to say how sorry I am to discover that even so-called "adults" can be so incredibly stupid. I can't believe that that person could write such a horrible thing about your work. Truly, s/he is the one who is disturbed. It's an admirable feat to try to tackle harsh reality, but to actually be good enough to post it shows true courage and creative ability. I'm proud of you.

Your friend,

AH

P.S. -- People who leave anonymous comments are cowards and not worth wasting your time on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Unbelievable Skill Shown by Author

Frankly, I read this story twice and each time it impressed me. I could feel the emotions the protagonist experienced. And, yes, it distressed me. Do I think you are sick? Emphatically NO! Do I think you are one Hell of an author? You betcha!

LevinLevinover 19 years ago
criticism

Marvellous work.

Impressive and haunting.

If someone doesnt like it he/she should try to come up with better "arguments" than "you are sick".

This person discredits him/herself.

Katerina Val-KyrieKaterina Val-Kyrieover 19 years ago
Her Darling Boy, An Extremely, Well Written Story

bad_girl23, although the content of this story was disturbing, it was an extremely well written account of a highly dysfunctional family. Dysfuctional families do indeed exist, but not all experience the horror this family did.

Your descriptives, your emotional level of writing is phenomenal. You my dear, are an exceptional writer and you should be proud of your accomplishments. I enjoyed the intelligence of your writing more then the content itself. Although it was disturbing and sad to read, I couldn't stop. Your creativeness kept me rivetted until the very end. I gave you a 5! You deserved it.

Hugs Katerina

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Above the norm

bg, this is the first I've read of you, and will read more. You've taken a well worn subject and made it newly visceral, I felt a captive to this darkness, not by any perverse motive but by a necessary witnessing. Focusing on the details of the violence and pain with only the most necessary inserts of particulars was more effective than a long-drawn out history, i.e., I do not need to know more about these people. Somewhat ironically, this is a happy find. Keep writing, please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
um...

not so much.

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Heartsick

This tale makes me heartsick, Many of us are fighting child abuse thru civic organizations (The Exchange Clubs) and other organizations. This tale reveals some of the inner workings of Child Abuse. Makes me want to go out an give more money for this effort to try to reach these people before tthings like this happen.

Very effective writing. Thanks

SecretFantasy69SecretFantasy69almost 17 years ago
AMAZING...

You've done an amazing job with this piece. It evokes many emotions--sadness,anger, love. It's very good. Shows how the mind works at times to commit heinous crimes. Very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sad

a very sad story... Abuse can take so many forms... Here it proceeds like following a chain down to the weakest link, the boy... The really bad thing about hurting someone is how easy it becomes for the person hurt to give that hurting back, but to another being... It's a extremly vicious circle or should we call it a spiral? And before breaking it you will have to face yourself and see it for what it is... And in this case it becomes a tragedy...A strong and moving story with a deeper sense moral... Cheers Yoron

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous