All Comments on 'Her Old Self'

by PulpWyatt

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'm expecting more

This story and Son of the Mountains seems to be just two small stories as part of a larger story. Hope to see more to fill in the details, like the big jump from the first story to this one.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I enjoyed it, as someone else said, a good bit between the two is left unsaid.

Having said that, while reading this, I thought of all the "Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser" stories by Fritz Leiber. Two wanderers finding adventure along the way.

PulpWyattPulpWyattabout 4 years agoAuthor
Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser

!!!

I've been found out! Yes, Olgen was definitely inspired by Fafhrd, and Fafhrd's story of leaving his homeland made me want to write about a barbarian learning something that culminated in him leaving home.

I had been reading Mongol history at the time I invented these characters, so I decided that a good opposite to tall, lively, hot-blooded Olgen would be cold-blooded horse archer who is ruthless and deadly but not in the slightest bit physically intimidating.

I love these two characters, but I've told the best stories I can with them. I don't think I'll ever use them again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPulpWyatt@PulpWyatt
I am a professional driver who lives on the Colorado prairie. Up until mid-2021, I wrote stories about female domination and submission. Eventually, I got uncomfortable with it and stopped, but my stories are still here for you to read.