Here for You Ch. 03-04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ben grinned. "I'm surprised both you and Leo didn't bring anyone."

"My roommate, Zoe has a hot date. I have no idea about Leo, though," she laughed.

"What about that guy I saw the other night?" he asked.

She casted him a sideway glance, wondering where he was heading. "You mean Taylor? What about him?"

"He's not your boyfriend?"

"We're friends," she said. "I mean, yeah, we hooked up but that doesn't mean we're together."

Ben looked to the ground. Elle automatically straightened her back, hoping he wouldn't judge her like her own mother did. What she did with her life wasn't anybody's business even though she was ashamed of her behavior that night.

"So," he asked slowly, drawing out the syllable, "You're not looking for a relationship right now?" She didn't detect any disparagement in his question, just pure curiosity.

"I won't say no if I like the guy," she said lightly.

He gave a half-smile. "Do you like a particular guy right now?"

She decided to test the waters. "I do," she answered honestly. "I just...don't know if he's ready. Or if he wants me."

"Have you tried asking him?" he asked.

"I did," she said, her mind back to the night she talked to him at the Chameleon. "He shot me down."

"He must be out of his mind," he muttered.

She shrugged, feigning nonchalance even though she wondered what he meant by that statement. "Shit happens, but enough about me. I haven't thank you for inviting me to this party."

Ben grinned at her. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Frankly I feel like this old girl here," he nodded at Colt sleeping at his feet. "I can't wait to have the house to myself. It's been a long day." He glanced at his watch. "Ah, speaking of. It's time for cake!"

He got up from his seat and clapped his hands to get the children's attention. Leo finished his last trick at the same time with a flourish and the children cheered and thanked him before scrambling after Ben for the cake cutting.

"Wow, impressive performance, Leo. I didn't know you were so cool," Elle teased him as soon as he took the seat Ben had vacated.

"Why, thank you. When you have six nieces and nephews ranging between the ages three to eight, you'd have to have a few tricks up your sleeves to get them to sit on their asses," he replied. "Thank God for the cake, though. I was running out of tricks." He bent to scratch Colt behind the ears. "I was so surprised when you told me we were invited to this party," he said. "I mean, it's nothing crazy but then how many people whom you've helped to adopt an animal would actually invite you to their birthday party, into their lives? I've been volunteering for like the past five years and this is my first time to get invited to one."

Elle understood what Leo meant. But this was the first time she had ever seen Leo so serious and she couldn't resist teasing him. "Is that a catch in your throat that I hear?" she smirked.

He gave a half-smile. "Well, damn if coming to a six-year-old's birthday party would make me cry."

12