All Comments on 'Hey Johnny'

by DDaniels

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Isn't this more of a loving wives story than a romance?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Why

Why did Greta marry Bob? I guess I missed why she hates him so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Think it needs a second chapter to finish the story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 7 years ago
They crossed too many lines

Bob deserved a lot of pain but they lost much of their goodness by doing that in front of him. They became cruel. Should have kept it secret. He will soon be gone and they would be able to live with their selves. Greta wasn't really worth it anyway. Johnny went to war for her as much as his country and she wouldn't wait. That makes her pretty low. Really more a lust story than a love story.

DDanielsDDanielsalmost 7 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comments everyone! This was a tricky story to write. Maybe I should have illustrated Bob's cruelty more and perhaps I should have used Greta as the POV character and not Johnny.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 7 years ago

you could always add a chapter from greta's view point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Brilliant

Your writing is phenomenal. Each of your stories contains such fantastic historic detail, great character development, and believable motivations and sex descriptions. You make it clear enough that Bob is a mature abuser who preyed on a young woman and brutalized her - I don't agree with the other comments saying this needs more explanation or that the characters need to be more morally justified/likeable.

My only suggestion would be for one more intimate scene where Johnny and Greta are free from babies, disapproving eyes, and dying husbands for a nice, slow encounter for their satisfaction and the readers'. It's a LONG buildup to finally get to the fucking and feel like someone hit fast forward for the final third of the story. Otherwise, another great piece and wish there were more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous