All Comments on 'High Country Ch. 01'

by zackjack

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
GOOD STORY

This was a good story. I had a little trouble following at first but once it continued on I understood it all. Keep writing!!

zackjackzackjackover 8 years agoAuthor

My thanks, M'Lady. This is the prequel to Mighty Diamond-- it took a bit to get it up...I am appreciative and continue to work on ease of understanding...ZJ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Best!

You've got to be one of the best writers on this website, and getting better all the time. Please, please keep up the stories: hot, sensual and provocative.

zackjackzackjackover 8 years agoAuthor

That is high praise, indeed, with the plethora of good writers bettering mine on this site...I am humbled you would say so and I thank you. ZJ.

63lsmith63lsmithover 8 years ago
ONE STAR

This one put me to sleep. I have read others of yours and enjoyed them, but not this one. If you have another chapter, I hope it will be more like the other stories I have read of yours.

pesteringURanuspesteringURanusover 7 years ago
Elevated Diction Falls Flat

You have a great storyline; however, what this needs is someone to go through the writing line by line and reengineer this story to make sense. As it stands the elevated diction serves no purpose but to confuse me as a reader and I find myself contemplating how to fix the mistakes made instead of focusing on the story. There are certainly ways of having elevated diction flow quite fluidly, as it is done by many-an author but this attempt was at times sordid and lacking greatly in fluidity and continuity. Nonetheless there are large expanses of the writing that were marvellous in their eloquence. This serves to heighten the expectation of greater perfection which, hitherto the aforementioned eloquent expanses, there was no prior expectation of. It leaves the impression that the author is grasping at words that are beyond their comprehension, which I am sure is not the case. It would behoove the story if a fresh set of eyes meticulous scoured the lines for any cause for confusion, of which there are enough such that they detract from the story as a whole.

zackjackzackjackabout 7 years agoAuthor

What a welcome and lucid critique. The cogent advice shall be taken to heart as I proceed. The time and thought spent preparing the comment warrant appreciation. No paid publisher/editor/reviewer would have been nearly so frankly helpful. The lack of such a set of eyes proves the downside of indie authors, as you seem aware. My respectful thanks, Sir. ZJ.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userzackjack@zackjack
The quill is mightier than the sword, and metamorphosis is the Spice of Life. In a present state of ecdysis, wing-spreading will ensue. Stay tuned...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES