All Comments on 'High Dive'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 117 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well, that was certainly not your ordinary loving wives story

I don't know what to say about this. It was incandescently hot, I can say that. There was no cheating, no BTB, no RAAC, no cuckolding, just two people in a loving relationship, then three. You may be the best writer on the site. Certainly the best new one to come along in a while.

You have an amazing versatility. I find it difficult to believe that you are the same writer from story to story. All those who complain about the same old story certainly will have nothing to say about this. Your imagination is astonishing. You are quickly building a reputation as one of the best around and the brilliance of the writing craft you display is second to none. I read this as soon as I saw your name. You, DFWBeast, a few others, you're the future. This was a very thought provoking story that just pulled at the heartstrings and the imagery was mesmerizing. Five stars. Keep writing this quality and you'll always get five stars from me. RPL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
One hell of a story

One of the best around. Nothing else to say. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A thoughtful wet dream, if that's possible

Defies categorization. I haven't read anything like this, and certainly not this well written. You're a writing genius. That you can write romantic stuff like this, wicked humor, horror, cheating drama and some scorching sex is just mind-boggling.

Keep up the good work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Who are you, man, really?

Nothing in the bio, but you feel familiar. You are just too good at this to pop up out of the blue. You've got to be someone we know. This is professional quality work. Oh well, five stars, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great writing, I'll say that.

I'm not usually into the whole poly thing, but you had me hanging on every word, and what words they were! Damn! Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A few good stories today

This one is the best, by far. This is what great writing is all about. Hot!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This is a throwback story

I've been reading around hear longer than I care to admit. This was what LW used to be about before all the cuckolding and bitch burning started. Smoking sex, wives that really loved and people who just had sexy fun. Great story and great writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No doubt one of the best around

I thought you were just about comedy. I read this and The Observer and found out you can write anything, and better than most around. You've got my five.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
boring

and stupid 1*

luedonluedonalmost 7 years ago
Yet again WDMC surprises

Comments have been made on WhatDreamsMayCome's earlier stories about his amazing creativity. Many authors here write well, but it's basically the same story over and over. It takes an exceptional writer to produce a great story each time with every one being completely different from its predecessors.

I did especially like the open conversations between Blake and Buckley after she moved in with him and they were setting the groundrules for their lives together as husband and wife after being 'just incredibly close friends' and before Sin came on the scene. That made for an exciting story as those groundrules were tested to the extreme in the mind of Blake as the first-person narrator.

Exceptional.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I stopped...

...when he talked to her bf and run away like a little shit.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 7 years ago
This writer is certainly unpredictable.

As noted in another comment. most of us write a variation of the same story. WDMC is all over the place. He takes a normal situation and makes it different, in a very good way. The writing is flawless and the imagination is a delight. He's pretty damn good!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Writing

I enjoyed the story, and you are a great author. My questions that are about the story are, can a Bi-sexual person not have a monogamous relationship, for me, it would not matter that you maybe bi, but self discipline is not only for straight people. I believe he was 100% devoted to her, no others blurred his vision before he got with her or after, but she always was only 99% for him, meaning he fulfilled her for the masculine attraction but because she was bi well she can still enjoy that part too. He went along with his wife, she wanted both, he was always happy just with her. Again I enjoyed the story a great deal... a utopia that would be difficult to fulfill.

ihateraccihateraccalmost 7 years ago
he needs to die

he is week, a pussy, a Bi woman is a fucking lying cunt.

Anyone that says this will end well is a women of the most disgusting order, it is sex..that is all women like her are good for....her needs not his....hey nigger do you mind if i put a burning cross on your lawn and string your little girl up? Asking Does not make it okay, and the way he is written he wont say anything, so this leads that and then more sex......so fucking another guy is bad but lesbian shit is okay. I would kill them both as a favor to the moral center of mankind.

xiluaxiluaalmost 7 years ago
We'll writen...

..Shit about a spineless wimp. I did not finished reading it. I could not take it anymore reading about a very emasculated male. Real men do not think or process this type of situations the way this male character does. So disgusting. To bad because the author can write extremely well, but I do not know if the author is a male or female. If female I can understand missing the essence of what being a real man is, but if the author is a male??? I don't know.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Great writing"

I'm certainly no expert, but my UNDERSTANDING is that people who are bi are ATTRACTED to both sexes, NOT that they NEED both sexes.

It's basically no different if a non-bi person was attracted to two (or more!) people of the opposite sex, they can still choose to be faithful to one of them. As she says, "I can't help what I want, but I can help what I do about it."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow! Now this is impressive

I don't know when I've read better writing. You kicked over the ant nest and they're scurrying around. Thank God we have some "real men" who can comment. Somehow, a man who has not one, but two, of the hottest women around, and a loving relationship with both of them, isn't a "real man?" I think someone is envious!

You've stirred up such violent passion! I thought this was 2017. Apparently, it's the dark ages for some. Bisexual women need to die? Really? A man who loves two women should be killed? Racism, murder and homophobia, all in one comment?

I think the depth of emotion is a testimonial to the skill of this writer. No one feels that strongly about poor writing. Agree or disagree with the actions of the characters, no one in the story did anything the others weren't on board with. Everyone was totally up front and trying to be honest. Agree or disagree with what they did, they got approval from the others every step of the way. Great, great story. One of the best this year.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
Great writing

One question:

Why did she have to go out all the time? Not sure what she was doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
High literature quotient

This is what Literotica should be. Great memorable characters, great sex, hot women, great guys, all wrapped up in some of the best writing and storytelling I’ve ever seen. Thank you, whatdreamsmaycome.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 7 years ago
I need a cold shower !

As others have stated , this isn't the average LW story , nothing average about it or the author .

I am truly guilty of liking things the way I like them , in my case regarding LW stories , I prefer some gritty and hard decisions being made . Some heart rending situations that play out in a very dramatic way . A veritable rollercoaster ride of emotions . Those are usually best brought out in Cheating & Consequences situations . But here , they were all included in one of the most erotic storytellings I've ever read . Wow !

I really felt our Protag's journey on the crazy life that he was on . Buckley was shown , but not too deeply that it broadcast it , in jeopardy of revealing too much to the reader , too soon .

This author has to be someone famous , the skills are just too deep ! We are all just Marionettes , while the Puppet Master pulls our cords .

Wonderful story WDMC ! Please do not be a stranger here !

5 *'s

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x 07/19/17

re:

@Anonymous Re: "Great writing"

I'm certainly no expert, but my UNDERSTANDING is that people who are bi are ATTRACTED to both sexes, NOT that they NEED both sexes.

It's basically no different if a non-bi person was attracted to two (or more!) people of the opposite sex, they can still choose to be faithful to one of them. As she says, "I can't help what I want, but I can help what I do about it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bi got a bad reputation from daytime talk shows in the '90s when some of them would get accused of cheating by their hetero or same sex lover or spouse of cheating and their response was to the effect 'You can have one of each too' knowing that their lover or spouse wasn't wired that way.

A rather cold contemptuous attitude toward someone they claimed to 'love' was usually displayed.

So perception became that bi people felt that because they were attracted to both they deserved to have one of each, no matter what promises or claims of love they had made.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanalmost 7 years ago
Really hot and loving

I'm not sure if I've read other of your stories, but I'm really impressed. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers in that this LW category should not be only BTB or cuckoldry. Thanks for this loving and wonderful story. Love can come in different sizes, shapes and colors and it's still love.

Please give us more of the quality writing. We hunger for it. Forget the bigots and anons that hide behind the anons format.

A fan for sure,

Santacruzman

soldierboy50401soldierboy50401almost 7 years ago
Nicely done!

Very visceral writing. Very sensual story with completely three dimensional characters. You did a very nice job exploring all the parameters of a poly relationship and I felt like you had your characters deal with it in a realistic way. Again, very nicely done! I enjoyed it thoroughly!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it!

This should have a much higher score. I liked how the title tied into the story. There was the dancing on the platform, but the metaphor of him taking the dive into the relationship was very cool. You almost write poetry. What a way with words. What a lucky guy! Kudos on a tour-de-force.

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanalmost 7 years ago
Crkcppr comment

Hi Crkcppr,

I'm in total agreement with you, but didn't put it together like you just did. Wow! I so think you're right on with this writer. Such high quality.

Thanks for your comments.

Santacruzman

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
@ihateracc

Interesting comment! First, discovering that WDMC is not a person, but a seven day period was quite startling. Also, the statement that "a bi woman is a fucking lying cunt," seems a little harsh. What lies did any of these characters tell? Maybe you were speaking of bi women, in general, which just shows that you are an imbecile. Your racism is embarrassing. Then, let's see, murdering two women is a favor to the "moral center of the universe?" Don't know what universe you live in, but I want to avoid it. Nothing like a good double homicide to get morality back on track.

I was also interested to learn from xilua what "real men" think. I guess that's as opposed to "fake men." Good thing we have him around. Information such as this is vital so we can tell the "real," men from the "fake" ones. Great comments, gentlemen. Way to raise the intellectual level of conversation around here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Tw0Cr0ws Re: Bi

I understand the perception, I was just addressing the Anons concerns about bi-sexuality and monogamy and giving my understanding. Thanks for the tip about those shows I can see that. We see the same sort of attitude in the LW stories where the wife (or rarely, the husband) have the attitude that the ability to have more sex confers permission to do so.

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 7 years ago
Fantastic read

And flawessly executed wordsmything. You paint pictures that are absoluely amazing. For a minute I thought I was in Rivendell the way ?DMC is describing the scenes with Buckley by the pool. The only issue I had with the story was that I kept thinking of William F Buckley and that turned highly charged sex scenes into a rather limp affair. Can't wait to read some more of your writing. Thanks. Top score easily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You paint the most amazing word pictures

As someone said, the fluidity of your writing is beyond anything I've seen. You have the ability to put readers in the scene. I think that's why the strong reactions. Most people love it, obviously from the scores. The angry and insecure here can't see past their their own fear and lash out at you. Genius always has it's detractors.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@xzy89c1 Going Out

Didn't most of it have to do with schmoozing for her job?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I want to say what a sweet fantasy, . . .

but what if it was one woman, and two men? And why shouldn't it be, if this is a sweet love story? Or even three men, or women, or more? I guess this is where its totally what floats your boat. I could not do this, and my spouse could not do this. But that's just us. I understand some believers in Polyamory have whole groups of sexually active lovers. As long as its honest and respectful and what each person wants, then that's their business.

But as a love story, a romance, an alternative life style, it sounds just way too much like trying to have your cake and eat it too. The standard two-party marriage is so complicated and so much work, I can't imagine a multi-party marriage. I know some religious sects do this, but I have to wonder what the true nature of their love and respect is.

Anyway, when you remove the novelty, its just another romance. Which is always a nice story, but nothing dramatic or suspenseful. So, thanks for a nice romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The 1950's called,

they want their gender stereotypes back.

Not a bad story, but I get irritated when it has to be the man who "makes the first move." Why didn't she ?

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Flawlessly written

But I think it lacked a certain tension. Still your stuff is on my Fave list. "No way back?" I thought was really great and left me with some twisted feelings.

5*s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Two hot women one hot man a 3way for life

Move to Utah and become Morman wives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@sbrooks103x

I understand that you can be attracted to both sexes and not need both sexes but that's the thing, they both feel that because it's a woman it's different and acceptable.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Sorry

Didn't make it past the first page.

Him suffering while super slut gets more cock than a men's room is not my bag of chips.

I'm not interested in him and have no respect for him.

She seems about as attractive as herpes. If she really liked or even loved him, she would not have been fucking all those other men especially on her trip in Spain with him.

Ugh....

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 7 years ago
Tension

This was well written story that lack tension for me. The 'No Way Back' was great as we has sex, betrayal, love, redemption and tension.

Blake IMO need to have some beauties of his own that would make his wife jealous. We read about stories on here that the women are always hot and the husbands a very lucky because they are average in looks.

In this story Blake was tall, good looking, big cock yet did not have that many women. Perhaps the tension could have been from his wife as she is normally the attraction for the sexes.

Still a good read

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@Anonymous 07/20/17 Re: "@sbrooks103x"

'I understand that you can be attracted to both sexes and not need both sexes but that's the thing, they both feel that because it's a woman it's different and acceptable.' - I don't see THEM feeling that it's "different and acceptable" because it's a woman.

I think many COMMENTS are more comfortable that it's FFM and not MMF, but I didn't see that entering into their consideration at all. In any case, it's BB's bisexuality that makes the threesome possible in the first place, which pretty much dictates FFM!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
Lucky

Blake is just a lucky dumb ass. Fell right into a dream life.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Dangerous

It is a dangerous to permanently become a 3 person marriage. It sounds like they are starting have 2 person sex sometimes and this was supposed to be a no go.which lady borthed the baby? I am glad it has a happy stopping point.

xiluaxiluaalmost 7 years ago
"What real men..."

@ Kimi1990: In the narrow context of the main two characters of this story, it is infuriating to read about a portrayed male or female character behaving through life like a blade of grass bending on the wind direction without a backbone to hold it straight.

That's how this male character is portrayed. A wimp bending and accepting the will of someone else. Now to the point of being a real man: there is a reason why in Western societies you see more and more white women with men of other races and or culture; this have nothing to do with social issues but straight up with biology. A lot of the men from other cultures/races are not yet truly conditioned to the modern Western social engineerings that have been going on for the last few decades toward Western men, making a higher and higher percentage of them to become emasculated in one degree to another. When women in Western countries interact with these other men of different races/cultures they encounter men that are more secure of themselves as men, more assertive when it comes to dealing socially and sexually with women. Regardless of what anyone thinks, these are attractive qualities to females: this is deep rooted in biology not in social standings. Women in general are much more attracted to males that show confidence in themselves when in front of women and/or any other situations in comparison to the male character as portrayed in this story. This was my point when I say "real men don't act like this". A real men would have assertively and securely put an end to the bullshit of her job or the relationship long before he got into the threesome.

Myself: I would have never gotten romantically involved with a female like the one portrayed in this story. Fucked her yes! End of the story.

xiluaxiluaalmost 7 years ago
By the way

If any of you would want to read a good story from this author, read: The Observer. A real piece of literary masterpiece. Not like this story which, although very well written it lacks on the characters personalities to care about them or the story.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 7 years ago
@xilua

You obviously didn’t read very carefully, or perhaps your psycho/biological theories blinded you. I saw no invertebrate characters in this story. There was no male character bending to the will of others. The other two were bending to his will at every step, especially Buckley. When she thought he was upset, she immediately volunteered never to mention the subject again. Both she and Sin absolutely declared that everything would stop the moment he became uncomfortable and never look back. They were completely proceeding at his will. You have read something into the text that simply isn’t there.

I do not subscribe to your social theories, see no evidence that American men are any different than they’ve ever been and see no exodus of American women toward men of other cultures. I happen to be a woman, and you are very much mistaken that we find aggression an attractive feature in men. For you to assume “biological” imperatives are activating women is demeaning to women, who happen to have functional brains, you know.

You obviously know nothing of how other cultures view Americans. Many find both American men, and women, obnoxiously assertive. Most American women, I believe I could demonstrate, feel that the attitude of non-western cultures toward women is degrading and abusive. You are wrong on all points, sir, and your last sentence shows your character, perhaps more than you intended.

xiluaxiluaalmost 7 years ago
@kimi1990

Obviously you did not read the part were I said I couldn't finish reading this story. It was before they got into the threesome. As a man I couldn't any longer stomach the male character. You are a woman you perceive things with different sensibilities. The male character is that of a wimp.

Now, regardless anything else, I do not know your level of education. All I can tell you is that this is not the forum for scientific dissertation. Your comments indicate to me your level and perceptions to be that of one of my very typical fellow americans. The end.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 7 years ago
Good story. Not quite perfect for me 5ish. HEY Xilua! Why you ragging on Kimi?

I know she can take care of herself. But your whiny lil attack on her, the story, and by extension progressive men pisses me off. Dude, read her one story, she is simpatico to men wronged by women. That ain't even what this is about. Author wrote a great story about how ANY man, even a male stripper, can feel when he is in love with a gorgeous woman.

You seen it as him acquiesing to her whims. OK. I don't. Neither did Kimi, that's fine. Agree to see it differently.

But you went and generalized, and implied that we American men of sensibility lose out to there cultures more assertive. Cow Cookies.

I am both an educated US American, and a proud Chicano. Neither gets me "femmes". What does is the kind of man I am, and how I treat people.

If" Shank a skank, lose your Bank" is true....So is. Manup date the Women Strong, your Heart is safe your whole life Long.

Nuff said

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
@xilua

First, to attempt to comment authoritatively on a story that you didn't finish is rather arrogant.

Second, I'm a Western man, and the only "wimpy" thing he did was to run away when Buckley's boyfriend threatened him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lovely!!!!!

Of course it's a fantasy. It combines several of mine. A woman who loves me no matter what. Lifetime of love. And then the idea of an unmatched pair. I always dreamed of two were very alike physically but different in coloration. When I first thought about it there weren't any women of color around so I thought of a blonde and a brunette. Now I have expanded my horizons and the dark one would have the softly rounded facial edges and melting brown eyes of Africa. I am surrounded by beauty. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Good story and that missed love probably happens often but I would never be able to settle with a girl I truly love but know she was s wild slut who fucked a lot of guys and girls. I could never trust her and how she needed to act like a slut for work even if she never cheated physically I would consider her actions cheating. Also that guy in the club was a set up. A girl I knew for many years and wasn't a pig like Buckley but rumor that she fooled around with a few guys I knew and I would never go near her in that way again , sad cause I really liked her but my ego is to big. I knew plenty of girls who I loved and were cool but were sluts and in a committed relationship I could never trust someone I knew acted that way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
NFW!

I'd for sure would never in my life would of married Buckley. To friggin many unknowns with her, men, women they're all the same to her, pawns in her life of sex, sex, and more sex. He's a WIMP of the ninth degree..always giving into her and now her female lover whims....he'll be a big time cuckold in no time to those two.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
Perfect

He got to marry the STD incubator of his dreams. Turned out to be buy one get one free day. Well now that he's in it, enjoy the ride. Just don't be surprised or hurt when they kick you out. Like mother like daughter.

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Fantasy Island!

But with a lot of angst and real emotion stirred into the mix. Loved it in most ways, but like others, I was not happy with the wimpy "bug out" when the dickhead boyfriend threatened him. Sure it sets up the next scene, but I felt the setup was a bit much.

Also, what happened to the driving ambition and edgy behavior "taking the hotel industry by storm?" That seemed to die off pretty quickly, for no apparent reason. "We didn't really make any decisions or change anything, but she started working fewer evenings and coming home earlier." Why? Did she reach the level she wanted or go to work for Jeff or what?

Minor quibbles aside, well done, thank you! Really like your writing style and your story lines. And a big shout-out for your editors, too. Nary a typo nor misplaced homonym or homophone to be found!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
While I thoroughly enjoyed the threeway (he'll, she had his baby!), the relationship....

.....still had a transient feel to it. Was it his lingering trust issues? Or was it that he saw himself as just a guy, with two stunning women (always a source of worry)?

And please don't insult me by saying that a truly self-confident man would never allow any such insecurity to settle in his mind.

That just ain't so. Do the women have anything to worry about? In this case, no. I'm concerned that Buckley hasn't given him a baby as our story winds down.

Remember, her public flirtatiousness is the primary source of Blake's worry and fears. Did Sin truly love him, or was he just part of the price for her to have Buckley?

If I read you right, Buckley and Sin had far more lovin' together than Blake had in any combination. It's not about quantity, but it is about balance.

Do the three live happily ever after? I doubt it. I've seen a LOT of alternative lifestyle choices and have never seen any of them work for more than a handful of years.

Though it seems this one might have the makings of permanence.

I know that I would quickly tire of Buckley's business plan for taking the Florida hotel business by storm. No matter how she reassures Blake, she's getting groped and fondled every time she goes out. A husband has to be OK with that? See that's where ambition destroys primary relationships. She's not only willing, but happy to continue wading around in the public teasefest, while he's left to wonder which night, what poser will be the one to finally catch Buckley in a weak or insecure moment.....where she needs some reassurance of her attractiveness and desireabiltiy, and gives in....because, from what I can see, she may put Venus de Milo to shame, but she also has insecurities this story didn't even orbit.

But thank you.

lickitandstickitlickitandstickitover 6 years ago
Ok I guess

I've read all the other stories by this author, to me this was my least favorite. Thats not to say it was bad, I just liked all the others more. Still a good read..

cpetecpeteover 6 years ago
Before I had my first 3some

I told the ladies they had to make a decision because one of them may not get a turn....(OK it is an old joke) but this story was every mans fantasy and as written was a fun read. Well Done

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
NFW!

You had a good story going be for you brought Sinclaire into the mix. You turned the story into a “Cluster Fuck” as-far-as I’m concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Unbelievably good!

This is the relationship that I am looking for, two beautiful women in love with me and each other. Why can't I find such happiness. These cuckolds who don't like this story should go back to watching their wives being fucked by their lovers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nice effort

but nope sorry. stay well away from bi women. she said it would be hard to not be with another woman again. ok thanks and good luck to you. im not a sharing kinda guy . doesn't mean she's a scumbag, just not suitable for what I'd insist upon from a wife. well fleshed out story wise

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Pretty good story until it got into the polyamory stuff. Sorry but that’s just not my cup of tea. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Story

Aside of being in love with Blake and Sinclair, and work late and flirt with any red blooded man, what was Buckley working to become. It was never clear to me. Tension and sex were hot. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I'm a sucker for happy endings

Throw in a threesome, unrequited love that gets requited, and what's not to like?

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
oh for god's sake

I read the other story of yours, and thought this one will be good, too; sorry, you totally trashed two well-developed diametrically opposite characters and ruined a good story.

VenustasVenustasover 6 years ago
Could it Work

It's a nice idea but you have to work just to keep a relationship of two people on a even keel and I would think three would require a very much greater effort.

I have three kids and it's always been two against one to some degree or another in various combinations and that appears to be a fairly normal dynamic. Being of the same family keeps them generally together but I cannot see an equivalent reason to keep the relationship described in the story going long term, however good the intent, particularly as individual needs change with time. In this case lets say the exception proves the rule and they make it.

Like others I am confused as to what Buckley was trying to achieve with her flirty nights out or even if she achieved it. How did it relate to her degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management? As it is written as a major part of the story it needs explanation and I have have accordingly marked down to 4*

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Once again superior writing

I won't comment on the story however - it's just not my cup o' tea.

Except that it does seem like your trying your hand at every variation of story in LW category.

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 6 years ago
How did Buckley make a living?

Liked the story a bunch, and I know that it sounds like an odd question, but when she took Florida by storm, what was she being paid to do???

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
This

is NOT likely to end well. She's been a slut for years. Find one that isn't a slut after she breaks his heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Shit to!

Me, I’d of kicked her ass out after she moved in with me and started partying every night. Then I’d of packed all her stuff up in boxes, placed them on the porch, had ALL the locks changed and then I’d of left for a short vacation.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
One the best

You are one of the best writers in Lit, and this story doesn't disappoint. But the subject isn't one that I can agree with. A *4 instead of.my usual *5.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
26thnc said it all

Enjoyed but just out of my comfort zone

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You ruined it

Loved the best fitends falling in love with eachother but then you had to go and ruin it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
BEYOND 5 STARS

This story had an ethereal and surreal quality as something that could maybe occur, but not on planet earth. It was beyond good.

The first comment plus another mentioned that this is a Loving Wives story without a cuckold (wife shared with another, whether voluntary or not). It is the counterpart -- a cuckquean (husband shared) story.

I like cuckquean stories, but inconsistently, do not generally care for cuckold stories. Which may be why I was somewhat surprised that some did not like this story, or, liked it, but with reservations. This again demonstrates that people's propensities differ wildly.

I consider one Favorite per thousand views to be the benchmark. Few attain it. This story is beyond one and a half times that. While this is exceptional in any category, in Loving Wives it may be unheard of.

This is consonant with the number of commenters, including fellow authors, who think the ability of whatdreamsmaycome (WDMC) as a writer is awesome -- a deserved assessment.

Commenters noted the versatility of WDMC (plots are not similar from story to story). If this continues, Just Plain Bob may have to share the title King of Variety with WDMC.

If the quality of this story continues, one could hope that WDMC will have the longevity (15+ years. Benchmark: 10) and productivity (over 800 stories) of JPB.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a story

This is what I really really love about reading is you can come across a really really fantastic story and just enjoy it I have enjoyed reading stories of difference designs and I can across this one and I just loved it but you really really didn’t need to add sin into it the story was superbly written but at the end of the story you seem to want to kill this fantastic story by adding the proverbial 5 wheel (aka sin ) it just didn’t need it them 2 on there own would have been absolute perfect (but if you do ever edit it please get rid of sin ) and if I could give you more than 5 stars I would love to but you would have to get rid of sin cause it does really really kills this fantastic story and to add the child at the end was pure joy but it it puts a sort of confusion into the story aka should have not added sin into the story but as I say great read ( one day I will find that perfect story this was the closest one to perfection I found so far ) and keep writing these fantastic stories please

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Ethereal

Someone said it best, this was an ethereal story, literally so far beyond most other stories I would put thus one out by itself. Nice touch at the end with the child and the dancing, almost elvish fantasy. Excellent.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Really a nice story

I wont share. Too many things can go wrong. The poly lifestyle usually ends in ruins. 4

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
A tragedy waiting to happen

These things never last in the end, someone will step over the line and cut another out. Then the green eyed monster is unleashed and everything goes to shit.

A

Ways happens!!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Yeah

Marry a spouse with baggage and it will be you carrying their baggage for the rest of your life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sorry

Not my cup of tea! 2*s.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
The few comments I read, agreed with my own thoughts.

Nice fantasy, but not mine. Take the gender out of it, and what you have is three people in a balancing act. I don't think it can be maintained forever either.

Too risky, and no matter what was written, the truth is, feelings can make you choose a path that leads to someone losing. Feelings can change, intensity or lessen. From this point, no matter what happens, there will be one person hurt at least.

The love bond existed between the two women long before he became emerged in it. Sin's own feelings ended up extending to him, but weren't really there to start with.

I do disagree with one line, where you said it was most guys' fantasy. Sure, a 3-way romp with two beautiful bodies might be fun, I'm not dead, but I wouldn't really consider it. Leave it to the porn sites for that. All of those people, not caring that the world sees them in their most intimate state. I can't believe they could really have any depth of feeling, or a sense of self-respect. I could never settle with a partner who had that kind of history. When the memories of all those loveless, lust-driven acts reemerged, I could not compete, being a single man, not having the same drives. I would lose.

Not voting on this one, it's a fantasy, no harm done to any in the end, so I won't project my own distaste by hitting a low mark, just leave it to the masses.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Liked it

I agree with most of the comments. Someone is going to get hurt. Try explaining it to the kids. I grew up with 2 moms, it was great, I loved them both and they loved me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Well told, but it won't end well.

As they say, "In a three-way, someone always gets shorted." Eventually, someone will lose out to the other two.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 4 years ago
Fairy Tale

Lovely as told, but there are far too many outside distractions for Camelot to exist forever. Sadly.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 4 years ago
Am I Missing Something?

I think I am. I just read a story of three likeable people doing likeable things with likeable results. Well, that's nice.

Sooooo ... where is the conflict? Is the biggest conflict in this guy's life telling his lifelong friend that he's in love with her? Or that the sexpot his wife has picked for the three-way isn't in FHM's top 3 Hottest for that year? If so, then those are the kind of conflicts I want in my life. Yeah, he's got beautiful wife's disease, where he's jealous. But of course, she's never tempted to stray. Even the supporting cast tells him so. OK, there's no conflict there either.

I see other commenters here calling this a fairy tale, but even fables have conflict. A dragon, a wicked princess or two, or maybe a backstabbing Lancelot. Those are all missing here. This guy just has the charmed life, free of any external challenge. The only threat is in his own mind, which, again, is continually put at ease, because we're told that everything just goes his way.

A lot of effort went into making this story approachable and realistic. No ninjas, wizards or aliens were harmed in the making of this. Well, in my corner of life, a strong, real relationship was never made without bumps, crossed signals, or misunderstandings, let along a night in jail, a drunken hookup or, hell, one of them spending a night on the couch. Nope, the BB's didn't even exchange any bad words in the heat of the moment. I'm missing all of the things that forge a bond, that make a relationship strong because the protagonists have been through the raging waters of doubt and misfortune and come out the other side bruised for the experience but that much better for it.

There's a ton of situations in the plot which could've introduced conflict, but at each one, the plot just teased that there could be, sorta-maybe trouble ahead before it veered safely away into something out of Cinemax-After-Dark, complete with vaseline-smeared filters for the heroes to keep that rosy glow. Was this intentional? It kinda had to be. But how else would the reader know that what the two/three leads had was actually durable? I don't think I ever got that sense, despite being told several times. In a story with this much attention to detail, I need to be shown, not told. That was missing for me.

There's a lot to like in here, but without any challenge to the couple here, this just seems a bigger fantasy than any fairy tale.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 4 years ago
It's an OK story but...

... it's got problems. Or, shall I say A problem and that would be Buckley.

In all honesty I quite enjoyed the beginning of this story. Childhood friends growing up to fall in love is one of my favorite tropes, so I liked where it was heading from their early years. What I did not enjoy was the devolution of their relationship into a masochistic voyeur-fest. Blake is mostly described to us as a strong, manly, successful, secure person... so why the hell doesn't he ever act like one? I'm sorry but no matter how much one is in love with their dearest childhood friend, NO man would put up with the constant parade of fuck friends this chick moved past him into her room. That goes beyond masochism into self-flagellation. While I respect that wdmc was trying describe a slow burning frustration that eventually erupted into their confrontation by the pool the night he confessed, it was simply too much for us to accept as realism. Had Blake been some kind of wimpy, overly-intellectual, possibly even virginal type character I MIGHT have been able to see it but from all accounts he had good self-esteem and no issues with women. Sure, I get that he didn't want to upset Buckley and possibly ruin their friendship but come on! Stick up for yourself, for crying out loud! This guy put up with this constant shit from her for over a decade before he ever even hinted it was bothering him!

Which brings me to the real issue at hand, Buckley and her lack of strength as a character. Firstly, let me ask one thing... how much of the behavior she displayed would Blake and other people have put up with had she been plain or even ugly instead gorgeous? The answer is none of it. Plainly spoken, Buckley is a selfish, self-centered, slutty party girl and has been since she was a teenager, no doubt largely influenced by her mother's behavior. All this time she's been in love with Blake but never said anything? Yeah, he's denser than concrete but come now. If you've rubbed up against the guy, hugged and kissed him all your life, how's he going to see that behavior as any different than what you showed him when you were kids growing up? Yet she's frustrated with him that he "wasted so much time" by not telling her how he felt. Did you bother to tell HIM how YOU felt? Of course not, there were too many cocks out there to enjoy!

Which brings me to her next disgusting example of selfishness, the constant parade of fuck buddies she flaunted in front of him. What woman in her right mind would pick up a bunch of rutting cocks to fuck when she's on her graduation trip to Europe with the man she's been in love with for ten years? Seriously, that goes into disturbing territory with how self-absorbed and slutty it is. She couldn't hold off getting fucked even for their special trip together? The hell is wrong with this bitch? Then, years later when she moved in after reaming him for leaving her after he got threatened by her douchebag boyfriend, the fuck parade continues IN HIS HOUSE and now includes other women. Seriously, she found nothing wrong with this?

So, she got a little more aware after she finally realized the guy she supposedly loved all these years loved her too but now, rather than reining in her slutty behavior, she probes the poor guy to see how much he'll tolerate before he blows a gasket. There's compromising because you love someone then there's this kind of crap. Her distasteful pushing continues for years as she tries to "take the industry by storm," an act which apparently involves acting like a whore without actually fucking. What ever happened to getting a job based on your actual work ethic and effort? All the while she holds the fact that she "dropped everything to move to Fl. to be with him" over his head, as though she made unbearable sacrifices for him whereas he's given up nothing. This bitch's only saving grace at this point is that she does actually seem to love Blake.

Finally her pushing to get her way culminates in their relationship with Sin, which is never really fully explained to our satisfaction. The slut just can't stay exclusive to the guy she professes to adore, so she just has to find a pussy to eat too. We're supposed to accept this because she's such a "wild child" and spineless Blake doesn't want to suppress her because he's afraid she'll resent him. Push, push, push, manipulate, manipulate, manipulate. Ten years of whoring around wasn't long enough to get all of this out of her system? Somehow we're supposed to believe that adding another person into this already unstable, insecure, mistrustful relationship WON'T end in disaster. Once again I go back to what I said much earlier... would ANY guy have put up with this horrendously selfish bullshit had Buckley and Sinclaire been homely? Yeah, no.

It's patently clear that Sin would have been just fine and dandy had Blake not existed at all. Buckley doesn't want to give Sin up yet says she will if Blake wants her to and not resent him... *coughbullshitcough*. Blake, being a typical pushover male who thinks with his dick eventually falls in love with Sin, just like he did with Buckley. Supposedly Sin loves him too... maybe... but probably not. It's never actually confirmed that all three people learn to love one another equally, or even that Buckley and Blake love each other the most, enough to give the third wheel up. The imbalance of this whole situation is a recipe for disaster yet at the end of the story we're led to believe that everything is fine and all three of them live in lustful harmony together with the new baby... even though it's said right out that the two women spend a lot more time together than with him... But it's completely understandable because he's just a silly male and can't keep up with their raging slut libidos, right? Am I right? He's livin' the dream! Cue eye rolling.

The fact of the matter is, Blake waited far too long. Rather than manning up when they were still in high school or even shortly afterwards when they were in college and telling her that he loved her and her behavior was hurting him, he waited until they were 28 and her pattern as an insatiable, promiscuous, selfish, thoughtless, party girl slut was set in stone. "OK, we're together now, so stop being a slut!" Right, like that was going to happen. So these two spend the rest of the story talking about their feelings without actually COMMUNICATING them because they're both too busy walking on eggshells around one another. Blake sulks and feels terrible that his slutty wife lets guys feel her up several times a week "for her career" and Buckley worries and whimpers because she's obsessed with seeing how much slutty behavior she can get away with without hurting sensitive hubby's COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED feelings of insecurity. These issues are never fully addressed, either, which was frustrating. She says she's going to talk to this Jeff guy then it's said she starts coming home earlier but by the end of the story she's still occasionally going out for all-night events. Did she start working for this Jeff guy? Did she stop having to dry hump strangers on the dance floor in order to be taken seriously in her career? Cue more eye rolling. Did she "take the industry by storm", whatever the fuck that really meant? Did Blake stop feeling jealous because he was distracted by being able to fuck Sin the nights his slut wife went out? Who can say?!

The people who described the last two pages of this as a fairy tale had it completely right. That's what the whole relationship with Sin basically was. It was as though wdmc couldn't figure out how to wrap it up so he took out all of the tedious character development he was working on and brought in another hot chick for readers to fap over. All thoughts of character development go out the window once Sin puts out enough that Blake decides he loves her, too. Apparently that was enough for them to cement the whole threesome forever... even though Sin likes Buckley way more, they spend more time alone together fucking, and Sin still keeps her own place to go home to. Surely nothing could go wrong here!

Frankly, I'm disappointed with how this story went. Usually I really like wdmc's stories and I had high hopes for this childhood friends romance but it just couldn't develop into a believable conclusion the way it was written. It still may have worked as a story even as late as when they got married had there been a much more in depth explanation of how they overcame their individual insecurities and hang ups, communicated more concisely, and evolved their behavior through compromise, understanding, and maturing. That never happened, however, and the story was gravely weakened by it. WHY did Buckley need to continue being a "wild child, consummate hedonist" slut? I'd ask why Blake never learned to fully trust his wife and grow secure in the strength of their love and relationship but it's pretty obvious given Buckley's conduct.

I came out of this story with the feeling that the two of them were doomed to make one another unhappy and likely divorce. That says a lot about how it failed to sell the idea of a working polyamorous relationship. It's a shame because I genuinely wanted to like this story. I quite enjoyed the initial set up, the next door neighbor girl who was beautiful but had scars and insecurities due to her unstable home life. Unfortunately, I just didn't like what it turned into.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I've Got To Say

This was a very well thought out and written story, but... "She was the consummate hedonist." That's not quite the word I would use. I would never have found myself intimately involve with Buckley knowing who and what she was. That means I would never have met Sinclair. IF I had let Buckley move in with me in the first place there would have been rules. The first time she brought home some stud she would have found her stuff packed and outside the front door before she brought studly into her bedroom from the pool. For her to do that not to mention how she carried on during her nights out says to me that she truly did not respect him. As long as they had known each other there is no way for me to believe she was not aware of the pain and humiliation she was causing. For him to accept all of this makes me lose most of my respect for him no matter how the story ended. There is no doubt in my mind he has opened the door totally to allowing others into the marriage. It's not difficult to see her pulling the same sort of stunt to get other men into their beds and for him to just fall into step with it. If someone else were to take up the challenge to write a sequel I know which side I'd bet the farm on though I doublt that it would be as well written. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Last 5 comments covered it. No

I know some people in that open/swinging/polygamous/etc lifestyle keep it hidden.

All of ones I know and not enough for a proper poll; don't make it.

Single people who play and stay single?

But ones who later marry (ones I know again) don't make it

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
anytime u add a third adult...

.. in a marriage ...u start the breakdown of that marriage..whatever delusional justifications of a hormonally immature mind the author wants to portray... the countodwn to the slow demise of the BBs marriage has begun!

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 3 years ago

I'm not sure, if a threesome like this can work. Maybe there have to be met some facts that weren't mentioned here for something like this really work.

This story might be a fantasy, but a fantasy I would only be too pleased to live. And the fact that all are happy makes the story loveable all the more.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

3 from me. This is strictly a FANTASY FICTION - not even the possibility of any portion being based on something believable or real.

When three human beings and different sexes live together for years, there will always be two against one conflicts. So this threesome might only work with one dominant male and two sub bi-females. There are just too many holes in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Some major plot holes here.

How could Buckley not know that he was in love with her? He never showed the least sign of hurt or jealousy as she fucked people practically in front of him? Was he blessed with some Spock-level ability to never display the least sign of emotion? How could Buckley know him all her life, and not know when he was showing signs of distress?

Plus, no lingering, yearning looks from our hero? Presumably, Buckley knew her effect on men, knew how to interpret signs of desire. This portion of the story doesn't add up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The threesome conclusion isn't satisfying. We are asked to invest our emotions in the story of a special, " great love of my life" situation between two people, only to have our "forever" couple bring a third person into the relationship. I guess their love wasn't so special after all.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesalmost 3 years ago

So, we have a woman who picks up multiple men and women nightly, but never thinks to proposition or make an explicit move on the man she has supposedly been in love with for decades. And a man able to remain without visible signs of emotion when interacting daily with the person who knows him best -- his best friend who is also the woman he has loved all his life -- while he is in pain because she is screwing everything with two legs. Everyone, that is, but him.

AngusMAngusMalmost 3 years ago

What a wonderful idea Not sure it would work in practice

tangoperutangoperuover 2 years ago

So he got an overused slut. Works for him, I suppose.

AethurAethurover 2 years ago

I have a love-hate relationship with this story. I gave it 5* awhile ago, and after my fourth or fifth readthrough, it hasn't changed. Others have pointed out issues, many of which I agree with, but that doesn't detract from the story, and I can take it for what it is, a true love story.

Readers point out her 'sluttish' behavior, and that is a valid point. The story tries to justify it by Buckley saying that it's something she needs to do in the environment. I can accept that. It's part of her personality that Blake understood, and she kept with the rules. Still, the whole thing about her eye color, and the color she had during these times were a bit of a red flag, even if she never broke the rules.

The whole thing with Sin was a bit off. If Buckley liking women meant she'd be unfulfilled being with Blake, then it just means that Blake wasn't enough for her. And vice versa. It really feels like a 'have your cake and eat it too' scenario. The fact that Sin COULD come to love Blake (per her conversation with him, before they went poly) just meant that if they went ahead with it, she'd always love Buckley first and most. I can accept, for the sake of the story, that it worked out, though I feel that ultimately hurts the BB love story, which is what this should have been.

Two glaring problems I have:

1. Buckley. She's the more dominant personality of the two. In a way, the end of the story confirms that when Blake wonders if he's really dancing to her/their song (which he is). Unconditional love does that. He always gave her what she wanted - dancing, marriage, a lover. Still... There's absolutely NO way she wasn't aware of Blake's feelings for her, unless Blake was so good at hiding them that he should have been an actor. I refuse to accept that someone that had a job like hers couldn't read people, especially Blake. And, perhaps, the line that is a huge red flag for me was when she said: "When you moved here, you were refusing to settle for a job that was below your capabilities. I supported you by moving all the way across the country to be with you. Now it's my turn." That is NOT how things went. She didn't move there to support HIM, she moved there because SHE needed HIS support.

2. "He left me the card and he was gone. Wait a minute, how had he known I was Buckley's fiancé?" This was never addressed! It makes it feel like Jeff was intentionally there to put Blake's mind at ease. I think this, more than anything else, frustrates me.

I feel the author was going for a love tory between a more passive male character and a wilder, dominant female, and brought in Sin to allow Buckley to feel 'complete', since the 'needing a woman' thing was introduced as soon as BB hooked up. I can enjoy this for that reason, but I really would have enjoyed this more if this was strickly a BB love story, instead of making it BSB. We're not invested in S, and the fact that Blake gets two super hot women doesn't really improve the story.

marshamaymarshamayover 2 years ago

i loved it. I le a story be a story. I cried a few times.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

well written, BUT. I would have on page 3, ripped her slutty dress off and told her new rules, no more flaunting her body to every man. You never did say how far up the food chain she got in Hotel Management by flaunting her body and teasing. Also, I have never seen a Hotel Manager dress to show off her body like you described.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

Our MC is an idiot. She’s a slut doing everyone and anyone in front of him. When he moves away, she follows and fucks him up even more. He loves her so much he lets her treat him like a second class citizen. But she doesn’t know that kind of love.

He should of booted her out and found a real love.

Now that said, I did love the writing, well done

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

OK, this is an amazingly insightful story. I started reading it, hoping for a little entertainment, but got so much more than that. I loved the way the characters grew into their skins. Love is a wonderful emotion, it can twist your tummy in knots, it will carry you higher than you ever dreamed.

Friends who grow into lovers share the most incredible bond. Over a life time, they see all sides of their friends souls, and this story showed that. The flow of the words made it so easy to read. Once I started, there was no stopping....

In short I loved it, you made a difficult situation seem so natural and perfect.

5 stars from me... I wish I could give more..

Cagivagurl

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Good grief... the MC says nothing as she spends year after year riding the cock carousel as hard as she can, racking up what must be a truly epic body count then he finally lays a marker down after she's turned into a world-class 304... Uh, hard pass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You write well but you still prevent your story,like some others, from being totally accepted because you lose sight of realism in fiction,it must be plausible. A guy loves a girl and watches her have affairs and sex with hundred/s guys over their over 20 year friendship and then marries her??? You did not portray him as brain dead, so I call BS on that as it is absolutely unrealistic. That fact took 5 stars away from your story. Your writing saved it for 3 stars. JZK

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

You could ONLY tag this as Fantasy! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous