All Comments on 'Hiking the Appalachian Trail'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Quick correction

Army housing is "post" housing. All other services use "base" housing. Army post, navy base...And post housing for an E-5 buck sergeant would be marginal.

mammoetmammoetalmost 7 years ago
great story

the end just came to soon.

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusalmost 7 years ago
Unexpected but very fulfilling

A rather unexpected story from you that was a real treat to read and hit almost all the right spots. Going for a (recently) single army guy and an equally lonely (turned) lesbian was a rather surprising theme to start with but it was engaging, even more so when she actually fell for him just as quickly as he did for her and her rugged exterior. The only thing leaving a rather bad impression was a hurried and rather out of sequence ending....

As much as I would like to give you a 5 I can't get past the fact that the sudden ending somehow undermined the whole careful structuring of the story, alas I'm forced to give you a 4*. I know how much you hate the pressure for a continuation of stories with single chapters but at least reconsider an expanded and properly concluded version to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I wish

I have hiked that section of the A T many times. I wish something like that would have happened.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: I wish

I did meet a girl kind of like that, on that section of the trail, but a bit further in, at Totts. She had exactly that blue tarp for a 'tent' and about three weeks of leg hair.

Of course, we just passed each other by: I was headed South, while she was going North. We spoke briefly, then continued on our different ways. I don't remember her name, but she'd left her boyfriend behind, and I was with my wife. That image was what was in my mind as I constructed the character, but that's as far as it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A heartwarming story

I hope she has shaved her legs...and that he has NOT shaved his body hair! Like his hairy chest!

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 7 years ago
Nice read

Very nice story for a comfortable evening read.

Thank you.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 7 years ago
Nice tale...very nice.

Five Stars!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
As originally submitted . . .

. . . this was just a first chapter, ending with, "'Shhhh,' was all she replied." But, as I worked on it, I realized that I just didn't have enough for a second chapter, and as the story hadn't been approved yet, I was able to edit it into a single submission.

This story was written in two sessions, with the break as noted above.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Don't dig chicks with roughhands....

Reminds me of this girl I use to bang in college not the hairy legs and she was 5'2 a full foot shorter than me. I met her at the student rec, she had an hour glass figure, not overly masculine, but she had the roughest hands. I literally cringed whenever she grabbed my cock, never had a guy grab my dick but I imagine that's what a ditch digger, power line worker, drywall hanger's hands must've felt. Couple other friends also got with her, mentioned how awkward and uncomfortable it was for her to handle their junk, we started calling her grave digger. We stayed friendly and ran into her and her husband at festival, shook his hand he had the softest hands I ever felt, I started laughing like a lunatic.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Nice little glimpse into a meeting at a crossroads

The only thing they had in common was the direction they were walking. A year later a lot has changed.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Re: A heartwarming story

Anonymous wrote, "I hope she has shaved her legs...and that he has NOT shaved his body hair! Like his hairy chest!"

Did she? Maybe, and maybe not. I left a clue when Gabe speculated that her legs might have been hairy because she was a lesbian, or it might simply be that she wasn't carrying a razor and just didn't shave since she started the hike, if she had started up in Maine. It's up to your imagination!

I like to leave some details up to the reader's imagination.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 6 years ago
Nice Story

Nice story about living life and taking chances. By the way some European women don't shave their legs, armpits or pussies, and trust me they are as feminine as those without hair. They are sweet, and passionate, and loving and after a while you stop noticing the presence of hair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good tale!

Five stars...WTF?

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
What's ilmportant in a story?

With all the sexual confusion, why are the commenting folks worried most about her unshaven legs. I have a lesbian daughter and being gay for her (and I believe most homosexuals) their sexual orientation is not a matter of choice. For Marsha to decide at a moment's notice that she could be into men instead of women (4 years, for God's sake!) is so far from realistic that it's ridiculous. It is a nice fairy tale (pardon the pun) and most heterosexual men like to think that lesbian women would prefer men if they could really choose, so I gave this a 4* for literary effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sex is sex

sometimes same sex relationships is a choice. THAT is reality...

Ricco52Ricco52about 6 years ago
Nice suprise

The use of the AT was a nice suprise. The trail cuts through a corner of the little town I grew up in NH, and cuts through the downtown of Hanover, where I went to school, since our town was too small to have its own High School.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 5 years ago
Predictable

Nice read, easy 5*

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
Outstanding!

Loved it...five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Overcritical was “overnice”

Usually OC trashes stories for little issues such as predictability, dialog or whatever. Suddenly we get a situation in which a guy “turns” a lesbian and OC let’s it go, even though OC has a lesbian daughter. If I were OC’s daughter I’d be pissed that my parent let that whole issue slide by so easily. True there are bi people but no mention of that was made here. She’s in grief with her loss of her lover and one day later is screwing a guy. Just doesn’t make any sense.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What cute love story with a great ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but the ending could have been more complete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, it appears to me that you are one of the better writers. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the story till the end. You may want to think of making a part two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We really enjoyed the story with the unexpected meeting, romance and forever love with a little one.

The story really needed to have the last 25% really expanded with the hiking, growing love affair and the soft tender I Do’s and baby time.

Thank you for bringing us a romance love story from your ❤️

SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story AND the ending was complete even if being short.

I really liked this story 5 stars worth.

Bill S.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

A great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story but the ending seemed a bit rushed

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Excellent.

6King6Kingabout 1 month ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Tw horny strangers having rebound sex does not sound like the basis of a forever love.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous