His Eyes Adored Her

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dan looked at her with a warm feeling surging through his chest, "How—how could you--know?"

She smiled cautiously, "I finished it this afternoon. Oh, Dan, it was such a lovely story. The lead character--well, you could feel your love for her. And I can just imagine your comfort in giving it a happy ending."

From the warmth to something else, as Dan feared his emotions would overcome him. Thoughts of Carol minced with the look and nearness of Mandy. "Thank you," he said, after a short silence. "I'm glad you liked it."

Mandy leaned back in her chair, "Well, it looks like they may have gone away. We might as well--" She stopped, staring across the square, "Oh, God, look." And Dan followed the direction of her extended hand.

Arm in arm, the dark haired woman and Jake Bodecker were moving into a bar at the corner with a narrow lane. Dan looked at Mandy, and her mouth had fixed in a firm line, as her hands trembled on her glass. "At last," she murmured.

As she appeared to be rising to her feet, Dan advised, "Best wait until they settle."

Mandy's lip was trembling, and Dan asked, "You sure you want to go through with this?"

"More than ever," she affirmed, rising to her feet, "and I think they're nicely settled."

Standing up with her, Dan could see that the couple had found a table near the corner with the small lane."If we walk directly towards that lane, we'll pass close to them," Mandy said, and there was some excitement in her voice.

On the square Dan reached for her obligatory hand, but she reached and gripped his arm high, as though in deep affection. "Look into my face," Mandy said anxiously as they neared the corner.

Dan did just that and, grinning at her, whispered, "Why do I always get these unpleasant tasks?"

She laughed out loud, at his joke, or to attract attention, Dan wasn't sure which. Maybe it was both. Then they were past the corner and into the lane.

"Do you think he noticed us?"

Dan had made one quick sideways glance, and was fairly certain eyes had followed them. He told her that, then asked, "What now? Are we finished?"

Mandy had loosened her grip on his arm, and was just holding his hand, but, he was sure, her grip was tighter. In answer to his question she said, "Oh, no. Let's make the most of it. We'll give it ten minutes and then stroll back."

It was a narrow lane but full of quaint shops and small cafes. As they walked, she asked, "Have you any plans for your next book?"

"I'm working on a couple of ideas at the moment, jotting down a few notes, you know. A change of genre for me, in which a wife plans to murder her husband."

"Oh, I can give you plenty of back ground for that," Mandy laughed delightedly. Then she stopped, turned and said, "Let's head back, same pattern as before."

As she gripped his arm above the elbow, other thoughts were buzzing through Dan's head. They had never been closer than they had been on that night, and in a way he was sorry that they had seen Jake and his woman.

They came to the corner, and had noticed in advance that the pair were still at their table. "Look at me again," Mandy whispered, as they came alongside the pair.

Drawing in a deep breath, Dan looked down into those eyes, and stopped walking. Mandy frowned slightly, as Dan, with a quickly muttered, "This will give him something to think about," pressed his lips firmly and warmly against hers. He kept his eyes open to view her reaction, and at first he saw those lovely blue eyes wide with surprise, but they did glance sideways towards the table. Then, her eyes closed, the pressure of her mouth increased on his, and her arms came around his back. And was there just a hint of her tongue at his lips just before they parted?

As they started walking again, arms around each other now, Dan waited for her reaction to his kiss. Clasped together they moved slowly across the square. "That was a surprise," she gasped.

"A nice one, I hope."

"A nice warm, friendly kiss. And he saw it. I know he did."

Dan had meant the kiss to be a little more than her perception of it, but at least she had not taken offence, and the sensation of having her clinging to him, however, tenuously, had been marvellous.

Clear of the square and walking by the lake shore, Dan became emboldened to ask, "Suppose I did that again, right here, away from a special audience, what would you do?"

For only a moment she looked out across the water, and then she said, "Probably slap your face." Then, laughing and squeezing his arm, she added, "But thank you, thank you, thank you for the slap in the face you've just given him."

A vague sense of disappointment stayed with Dan all the way back to the hotel, in spite of the fact that their hands had stayed locked together all the way. Could he draw any hope from that? Then another question came into his mind, hope of what? Was he seriously considering trying to bed this beautiful lady? He doubted whether he would have the skill to make that kind of approach.

Sure, it had fluttered in the back of his mind, for a good while now. From sheer admiration of her stunning looks, he had moved through a number of emotions to this point, where he had been able to talk freely about Carol to her, and he had even managed to kiss her, although well aware of the proviso she had imposed at the start.

"Tomorrow night," Mandy's voice broke into his thoughts as they turned through the hotel gates," we won't chase after him. But I promised you a meal out, and I know this lovely restaurant not too far from here. He could turn up, because he knows of it, but tomorrow is just my big thank you."

Dan held up their still joined hands, "This hasn't happened before," he said pointedly, and thrilled at her giving a little squeeze.

But then she broke her hold. "An accident," she laughed." I forgot. So, okay for tomorrow night?"

"I'll look forward to it."

"A little earlier. Say, seven thirty?"

"Fine," Dan replied, and hoped his tone didn't sound as glum as he was feeling.

"Once again, Dan. Thank you." And she reached up and kissed him quickly on the cheek and was away up the steps, calling back. "Seven thirty."

Getting into bed that night Dan had the feeling that he was setting himself up for a massive let down. He feared that he just didn't have the positive nous to get anywhere really intimate with this lady. Trouble was, such a positive nous could simply drive her further away, like his offer of a second kiss tonight. She was just not thinking on the same level.

Suppose he did manage to get her into his bed, would he be able to perform? Just because he had been able to let Carol into their conversation, didn't ensure that thoughts of her wouldn't encroach on any efforts he might attempt with Mandy. Eventually, he slept.

The following day he took a long walk through the town, and beyond, to where the mountains seemed to lean in towards him. It was fairly shady there, but once again, on the walk back, the rising heat got to him, so, like before, with his book, notebook and towel, he took up a shady position by the pool.

After a refreshing dip, he made some progress with his notes, and knew the wife would not succeed. When the waiter came around he ordered a light lunch, after which he read his book, until he fell into a pleasant slumber.

Dan came half awake at the sound of someone adjusting the lounger next to his. There were plenty of loungers around, why would anyone want to be this close? He half opened one eye, and immediately sat up straight.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Mandy said, with a gentle smile. "I didn't mean to disturb you."

Dan sat up further, feeling his heart bumping in his chest, at this surprise appearance. He removed his sunglasses, and looked at her as she arranged her towel on the lounger. She was wearing a silken kimono style covering, and even as he looked she allowed it to slip off her shoulder, and she caught it. His eyes feasted on her golden body in a small pale blue bikini. His breath shuddered in his throat.

"Get that look off your face," she chided playfully.

"Look? What look?"

"That lustful look."

"Admiring."

"Lustful."

Dan gave her a smile and a shrug, "Well, if you didn't want it to be lustful, you shouldn't look the way you do." He changed tack quickly, "Anyway, it's good of you to join me."

"Least I could do." Mandy said, and nodded towards the pool, which looked cool and inviting.

"Just about to," Dan admitted, and gestured down his chest," even if it's only to get my pure white body away from your golden brown one."

She laughed, a sound that he was enjoying more and more. "I think I'll sit for a while."

Standing up, Dan noticed that only two other loungers were occupied by snoozing ladies. Moving to the edge of the pool, he called, "See you later." Then he made a deep dive into the cool water, and, surfacing, he did a slow front crawl to the shallow end, turned and swam back.

Reaching for the poolside, he executed a clumsy turn. His face down in the water, he was suddenly aware of something trailing across his chest, and his eyes detected a form below him, a brown form, in two pale blue strips. With hair streaming out behind her, there was no doubt who it was. Even as he made the recognition, she turned up to the surface and swam over him, and for just one delightful second her breasts were against his back and then gone.

He stopped, and tread water, as she swam around him like some sensuous mermaid. Dan found her closeness, her playfulness so unexpected that it seemed quite natural to reach out for her. But no sooner had his hand touched her shoulders, than she was away from him, swimming with incredible force.

He swam after her, and he heard her laughing, as once again she swerved away. When she reached the steps near their loungers she hauled herself out, and Dan was again disappointed that the game was over.

"Enough fun for one day," she called, drying herself gently. "For me, it's rest time."

Another length and Dan was climbing out, grabbing his towel quickly to hide the bulge she had caused in his shorts. "You're a good swimmer," he told her, slowing his breath, as he looked at her fabulous body stretched out on the lounger legs slightly parted.

"I always look good swimming with old men," Mandy chuckled.

This was a Mandy he had not seen. It was as though getting her charade with Jake out of her system she was freed. God, Dan wondered just how free she might feel. But he knew he had to be cautious.

He lay back, put on his sunglasses, picked up his book, and simply looked at her, wanting her, cursing his own inability to push the issue. He had never been good at that. It had been Carol who had made the first move on him six years ago.

After a long while Mandy sat up, "Time to go. I have an important date tonight, and look what I've done to my hair." She pointed to where the tawny strands scattered just above her shoulders.

Dan sat up, and wanting to continue their airy relationship he said, "I have a date too, with some ugly old bird."

She had been gathering her things together, but now she laughed, turned and thumped him on the belly, not hard but enough to make him pant. "Very firm," she said. "Seven thirty, then. I'll try not to be too ugly." And he keenly watched her sashay away around the pool.

At seven twenty five Dan was in the lounge, eagerly watching the lift doors. Since the afternoon he had experienced a sense of excitement about there evening meeting. No clear reason, he'd warned himself, except his own imagined reading of the events of the past twenty four hours.

The lift doors opened and Mandy was there, in silken white blouse and flowing black skirt, her hair back to that curl on the shoulder style. Dan's usual breathing problem, that she'd instigated, hit him as she walked towards him.

"How do you always look so cool?" she asked, her hand describing a wriggling movement in front of him.

His smile should tell her how pleased he was to see her, "Maybe it's because I always wear blue."

"More than that," she said, gesturing towards the main door. "It's less than fifteen minutes to this place." That gesture and the movement it promoted under her blouse hinted to Dan that there was no bra. He knew very well that she could carry that off without any problem. Yet it added to his unwarranted excitement.

They walked out into the cooling evening air, as the sun prepared to sink behind the mountains. As they made a right turn off the main road Mandy's fingers closed over his, and the thrill of that impromptu action touched deep inside Dan.

As he glanced sideways at her she said quietly, "It seems like a good habit."

"I can't argue with that," Dan said, and added, "I have been very remiss in not mentioning how -" He had intended to say 'lovely' but on a more jocular impulse, he said, "—cool you look tonight."

She laughed and said, "Hey, find your own compliments. Maybe it's because I never wear much." Her eyes met his and a cheeky grin spread over her face.

"I had intended to say, 'lovely'." Dan told her.

"Cool, is more fitting. Here we are."

They stood in front of an arch with crumbling brickwork. It looked like the entrance to some old farm, but immediately inside an array of neatly set tables stretched down a long area, which was roofed by a mass of imposing vigorous grapevines.

A waiter led them to a table deep under the vines, and took their order for wine, before leaving them with the menu. After minimal discussion they each ordered prawn cocktail to be followed by sliced duck.

As they sat, nibbling bread sticks and sipping red wine, Mandy told him how her father had financed her start in the fashion world, when she had finished an extra course after university.

"Your parents still alive?" Dan asked, having eyes for nothing but her.

"My mother is. My father had a heart attack five years ago."

Dan nodded, "That's what took my father. Your mother live nearby?"

"Not far away," Mandy said, and smiled, "and she's going to be delighted that Jake is passing out of my life. She was always against the marriage. A very shrewd lady, my mother. Your mother?"

"She died of cancer. A year before my father had his heart attack. I guess he couldn't live without her." Fortunately the meal arrived at that point as their conversation risked becoming too morose.

The meal was unbelievable. Prawn salads that Dan could not imagine. All prawns and very little lettuce. The duck that followed was exquisite in what the waiter called 'a special sauce'. Neither had room for dessert, and since they had finished the bottle of red wine together, they sat and had a cup of Americano coffee, to end the meal.

They had a little argument about payment, but, even though Dan didn't like the idea of the lady paying, he relented in the face of her scolding insistence that it had been her idea.

Their stroll back was lit by a high bright moon, "A very romantic moon, that," Dan remarked, delighted that Mandy was gripping his upper arm just as she had when Jake was watching. But tonight there was no Jake.

"They are very dangerous, moons like that," Mandy said softly.

"How?"

"They lead people astray."

Dan looked down at her, and her eyes were on him, seeming to reflect the moon. Her lips were slightly parted, the wine was coursing through his veins, he stopped, and bending to place his lips on hers seemed like the most natural thing in the world,

Mandy's response was instant. She turned in to press against him, and her lips were moist, moving eagerly over his, her tongue flicking at his without tangling.

Holding her close, Dan allowed one hand, to prove that there was no bra. He had been correct, and under the silk of her blouse, her breast felt so firm yet so comforting.

Yet, just as his hand closed over it, Mandy pulled away, and he could not read the expression on her face as she said, "This wasn't in the script."

As they began walking again, their arms remained around each other, as she said, "It wasn't intended to be like this.."

Dan just a little uncertain after the joy and promise in the kiss said, "Should we stroll the lakeside?"

Mandy nodded, without answering, and looking down at her, Dan could see a little furrow of doubt between her eyebrows. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, and he told her that.

"I know," she replied, as the looked at the ripples of the lake being sequined by the moon light. "But I did say at the start that there was to be no involvement ."

Dan feared what might be coming, "You did say that, but I made no promises."

They had reached the rear gate into the hotel grounds, and as they walked through the enclosing trees and shrubs Mandy said, "Would you kiss me again?" Pause. "Please."

Their kiss was even more desperate than earlier, and as she pressed herself against him, Dan knew that she could not fail to be aware of his erection pressed against her belly. Gently their tongues touched at each other as total strangers might touch. Then before Dan could decide what should happen next she had pulled away, out of his grasp and was hurrying ahead of him to the entrance.

Once inside, she turned to him and huskily she said, "It's been a lovely evening. Good night, Dan."

Dan was so struck by the suddenness of her action that he stood frozen, as she hurried to the lift, and within seconds was gone. How could she do that? Dan was very aware of his erection being rather obvious in his thin pants, and he had no option but to hurry the two floors up the stairs to his room.

Half angry, half mystified, and totally frustrated, he immediately stripped off and had a shower. It didn't help his despair. He was out and towelling himself, trying desperately to understand her actions, when his internal phone rang. This being a first time, he was a little confused by the ringing tone at first.

Picking up the receiver, a female voice began, "Mr Dan Tiernan?" He didn't need to be told, that was Mandy's voice. With the breathlessness she always evoked he managed an uncertain ,"Yes."

The voice went on in a very matter of fact tone, "I believe that you can provide excellent room service. Could I ask you to come to room 304, and do something about this moonlight streaming through my window?"

His whole being throbbing, he almost squealed, "Two minutes."

With pants and loose shirt pulled hastily on, he was out of the door into the lift, and was standing outside room 304 in less than two minutes. He knocked and thrilled at her voice telling him, "It's open."

As he pushed open the door he saw that moonlight was indeed bathing the otherwise darkened room. Standing in the centre of it was Mandy, clad only in a near transparent robe, through which her breasts were clearly defined, her whole body glowed under the moon, and a faint suggestion of triangular fuzz had Dan drawing in a deep breath.

"You might get used to the fact that at times I can be bit of a terrible, " Mandy said, with a sensuous smile. "But only with the right people. And you needn't have dressed so formally just for me."

Dan reached his hands out as she approached like some beautiful wraith in her flowing robe, which parted as she moved to reveal her two white strips. She held up a hand, "Don't touch me--yet."

Her hands pushed his loose shirt off his shoulders, and her fingers immediately worked at his belt buckle. As his pants dropped she looked down and her mouth twisted in approval as she said, "Mm, not just a pretty face."

Dan knew full well that his erection was near total given the sight of her. Now, came the worry. Mandy was here, clearly available. How and why were questions for later. Would his rebellious penis let him down again? Don't think about it, Dan, don't think about it.

Mandy allowed her robe to drift to the floor, and she deliberately stood in the moonglow, raising her hands over her head in a most exotic pose. "Venus by moonlight, maybe?" she asked, and even while Dan took further delight in viewing her sensational body, she moved to the bed.