All Comments on 'History Lesson'

by KCorvid

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Huh?

Missing something? Missing anything?

KCorvidKCorvidover 7 years agoAuthor

Not missing anything. This is sort of an experiment in stream-of-consciousness style and it's meant to be ambiguous; the gaps and lapses are intentional. Might not be everyone's tastes, and that's fine -- this is just how it came to me.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
It makes you think

I found this story fascinating. It's sort of a stream-of-consciousness burst of story. If you look carefully you don't even know the sex of the narrator and it doesn't matter. If you've never had an interpersonal relationship where the way forward isn't at all clear then you won't apprectiate this. The uncertainty, the decision that's out of reach, the surety that whichever way you go is wrong...or right makes this a delicious treat. 4*

KCorvidKCorvidover 7 years agoAuthor
Keep it coming.

My main motivation in putting this story out there was to see how others took it, or didn't, given that it's unconventional. A lack of introductory disclaimer means I get raw reactions and that's what I'm going for. And I certainly don't think of my readers as "lowly" - far from it! Whether you liked this or not, thanks for reading and responding. :)

andysthe1andysthe1almost 2 years ago

Thought it was great. Seems it was written describing a very similar situation I'm currently experiencing in my life at the moment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous