All Comments on 'Hitting the Bottom Ch. 03'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Shysub412Shysub412about 10 years ago
A wonderful chapter!

I am really enjoying this story and the pace it's progressing is right on the money, such vivid images created by your fantastic writing style.

The characters alive, the emotions real, and phew the scene in the bath tub, what can i say? Incredibly well written and steamy!

Once again a 5 star story, a favourite and many thanks from me.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneabout 10 years ago
Wow - that was scorching!

You know where all the buttons are, small_town_girl, and exactly how to push them! Your writing does such naughty and delightful things for me, you wicked girl you!

Lots more, thanks again and have yet another five stars!

mplostinkoreamplostinkoreaabout 10 years ago
rock bottom

As someone who has been at rock bottom and contemplated suicide myself I was mesmerized by chapters 1 &2 and found myself wanting the story to continue just as mine has. I found people to help me and so has Dan thought I suspect he's not out of the woods yet, and still could off himself if that is the direction you choose to go. I hope you have a different path in mind we all deservE happiness in our own minds some of us find it easier to not deal with the struggle, but great story 5 stars look forward to more

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19about 10 years ago
You've written the next chapter, right?

Right? STG? You wouldn't leave us hanging now, would you?

Excellent, excellent writing. I've a friend who recently went through something like this - the suicide attempt, not the sexual assault - and the emotions really ring true. And the masturbation scene was pretty smoking hot!

inspector123inspector123about 10 years ago
The little details is what make this chapter so good ...

Like John's friends pitching in and cleaning his apartment before he got released, Sandra going grocery shopping and moving the chair ... It make the readers relate to Dan as a person. Looking forward to reading more of Dan and Sandra's story. I gave this chapter a 5. I did file a problem ticket to have the two removed from chapter 2 but so far it has not been deleted. If the "Unabomber" strikes again may be you can ask Lady L to remove the 2 along with the other fraudulent scores?

parawaparawaabout 10 years ago
Therapy?

You have a view of BDSM as therapeutic- interesting as a way of restoring damaged minds and hearts. Is there a personal journey in here for you?

It is good to see a depth beyond the kinky sex- though don't stop that, please...

Well written and seductive- I look forward to your next chapter.

jhollanderjhollanderabout 10 years ago
Time to heal

I'm loving this story STG. The pace, the emotions, and as mentioned ready, all the little details not only draw your readers in but make them invested in your characters. Can't wait for more.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
wonderful comments

oh how i love my reader comments on a beautiful Sunday morning!

@shysub - thank you my dear :)

@mel_pomene - funny thing is i'm not trying to press anyone's buttons; i simply write what i enjoy - or what i imagine the character would enjoy. but i love that it does the trick for you, too ;-)

@mplostinkorea - first of all, i'm so very glad that you're here... you're right Dan isn't out of the woods yet. the ending is yet to be written, but i will say i share your hope for a happy future for Dan. thank you so much for your comment, it touched my heart.

@fungirl - not yet... but it's in the works i promise! :)

hope your friend is much better these days. it's so heartbreaking to witness isn't it?

and i'm glad you enjoyed the bath scene - it was a ton of fun to write...

@inspector - i do love writing those details in. i try to make them matter - like help Dan heal by making him see there are lots of people who do care about him even after all he did. as for the 2-stars - i totally forgot about it... i assume it will be fixed at some point. please don't worry about it!

@parawa - hmm... never occured to me that's what i was doing. need to think about this one a little more. will answer in a separate comment once i did. thank you!

@justahole - thank you so much my dear! i love that you love it :)

xoxo

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
BDSM and the road to healing

@parawa - first of all thank you again for your comment. i love those comments that make me think :)

you asked if this story is reflective of a personal journey. the short answer is 'no'. the slightly longer answer is that, as in all of my stories, there are elements here of my own life as well as my co-writer's, and i'm glad to learn they ring true :)

now as for viewing BDSM as therapeutic - i see where you got that impression but i look at it from a slightly different angle.

i think a more accurate description would be that for Dan it's simply how he was when he was 'healthy' and 'normal'. that's why it felt good when he used that dom-voice with Sandra - it felt like his old normal self.

now the question remains if and how he could ever embrace that part of him again after everything that happened with Naomi...?

(i can't answer everything now can i? you'll have to keep reading...)

xoxo

chiangkuchiangkuabout 10 years ago
Another well-written chapter in the Life

Very well done, I am enjoying the story of Dan's fall and rise back to reality and hopefully a happy ending. You are excellent at the craft of spinning a yarn that makes us feel the emotions and feel the characters themselves so we can live through them and experience what they are going through. My one criticism is that Jon seems a bit over-protective of Dan to the point where he probably also may need some therapy or treatment to handle his emotional conflicts over what his friend had done. But, that is just me. Thoroughly enjoyed the tale, and had been checking your submissions every few days waiting for this to be posted, now I got to do it all again for part 4. You're evil that it takes so long to write such good prose. :)

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
Jon's side of the story

@chiangku - you are right about Jon being over-protective and more than a little conflicted about what Dan did, both to Naomi and to himself. For now I am keeping the focus on Dan's POV and therefore it's mainly a point of conflict between the two of them - Dan being at the same time appreciative and annoyed by Jon's smothering him.

i plan on diving deeper into Jon's perspective in my next story (Annie and Jon's) which is a while away from being really started... i did intend to write them at least partially in parallel but not sure i'd be able to pull it off without really hurting the progression of each. Gonna give it a try and see how goes.

thanks again for the read and the comment :)

xoxo

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 10 years ago
Bloody RL

How am I supposed to read my favourite orfurs when I have to work !!

This is starting to build really nicely STG. I am loving the way you are not hurrying the plot and letting things develop naturally. Of course I want him to get down and dirty with the gorgeous nurse, but I can wait just a bit longer......ok....I lie....I want some serious temperature taking with a side dish of stethoscope use sharpish. Lol.

Well done STG and roll on 3

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlabout 10 years agoAuthor
RL woes

@MJ - i share your frustration with RL. it had slowed me way down in writing this story. so glad my lovely readers are sticking with it!

the pace has been slow i know but is gonna pick up a bit on the next chapter :)

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Ch. 04 almost done...

quick update: i thought i had ch. 04 finished but my editor convinced me that adding the next scene which was supposed to go to ch. 05 back into this one would be better. so it's going to be a couple days longer before it is posted but i promise you it's coming soon! (and i think it's gonna be worth your wait, if i do say so myself...)

in the meantime thank you all who have pinged me over PM to ask me about it. your encouragement helps keep me going when RL threatens to slow me down to a standstill. i do appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time to write - and if you leave your email address i promise to also respond :)

xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yeah!!

Chapter 4 is coming!!!! Can't wait.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
ch. 04 submitted early on Friday

...so expect it to go live sometime Sun-Mon.

now i can enjoy my stress-free weekend! ;-))

swrdswrdalmost 10 years ago
very sexy

For a woman writer to be able to imagine in such perfect details, emotions and mental imaging man masturbating.

Loved it!

MineriiMineriialmost 10 years ago
Better all the time.

As a member of the BDSM world am really enjoying your story can't wait to see how this new relationship goes that is nice that she told him what kind of man she is looking for and it is right up his alley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aaand again: Really well written!

Not quite what I expected, but another well written chapter. And I'm glad there's another one to read for me just now.

Thx for your efforts, @small_town_girl and "the Brit"!

s6

maninconnmaninconnabout 9 years ago
Great story

I'm really liking this read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It's good

I was skipping erotic scenes to get back to the plot, wtf?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You had me in hysterics at the internal debate in Dan's mind as he was masturbating, mixed with the conversation with Sandra who knows what he is doing and he knows that she knows.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous