All Comments on 'Hitting the Bottom Ch. 04'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loving it!

This chapter definitely made the sex worth the wait. Though truth be told I would have waited much longer knowing the caliber of your work and the fact that I love good character building. Without which sex scenes are generally generic and far less of a turn on anyways. I really enjoyed how you played this. In Dan's mind he was not Doming her and you do an excellent job showing his thought process and how he truly is making an effort to restrain himself. On the other hand its equally obvious that Dom is not an outfit he wears but who he is and from Sandra's POV Dan was most definitely in charge of that encounter. All of this comes together naturally and beautifully with the reader understanding all of the elements and I congratulate you heartily. You really took a leap of faith by tackling such a difficult topic and between you and your British editor I think you are more than succeeding. I also liked how Sandra pushed for sex knowing that Dan wouldn't and her reaction when she thought she scared him off. All of this seemed very organic and true to life to me. I am always on the look out for sexy (as opposed to disturbing) D/s stories and yours have fit the bill. I also know that the BDSM flavor of this will only get richer with time. However, I hope you take it as a compliment when I say I would continue reading this story even if it contained no sex in subsequent chapters because you've created a much deeper and highly interesting dynamic here. Still, I'm glad to know that we have more sizzling sexiness to come if your past stories are any indication and I sure won't complain when they do. -_^

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The previous Annon has said it very well, gave a 5*

It is a well written, intriguing story and I will continue to read, But, there is a very big BUT, personally I would not trust him, or have a relationship with him, his 'history' would be too much to have in the back of my mind, forever wondering if he has a bad day, would I feel the brunt of his temper?

mel_pomenemel_pomenealmost 10 years ago
It hasn't been all that long ...

... for such a marvellous and erotic Chapter of a fine story, small_town_girl. In fact, it has been well worth the wait! Thank you once more and please have another five stars for this excellent piece of work.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
hey it's up! it's up!

and already there are comments and little red hearts and pretty stars... yey! :)

first and for all, i am hugely remiss in my author's note for not having credited my co-creator and editor, the wickedly delightful Brit, who had benevolently promised to forgive me - after delivering my e-punishment, of course. i am duly shaking in my seat.

to @Anon 'Loving it' - thank you so very much! truth is we felt holding the sex for another chapter would be pushing the Lit unwritten rules of conduct. that's also why this chapter ended up longer than planned - that sex scene was originally planned for ch. 05 but as per my editor's suggestion i'd added it in.

@Anon 'gave it 5*' - i love those stars - thank you! i gotta say, i totally appreciate your comment about not giving a second chance to someone you know had previously really hurt their partner. i think that's fair; and to a large degree i feel Dan agrees with you... luckily Sandra feels differently or we wouldn't have a story!

@mel_pomene - as always your comment warms my heart and puts a smile on my face. thank you so very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I ain't buying it!

I think you are a professional writer of fiction, hanging out here using your formidable skills to skate over a bit to the naughty side, free from deadlines and editors, just having some fun.

Your characters are complex, nuanced and believable. Their relationship develops in a totally believable way. I quickly cared about them and wanted them to succeed, despite their demons. They're decisions are typically human - possibly irrational, driven by their emotions despite their attempts at reasonableness.

This story is publishable. Hold on to the copyright.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
geez, your title made me skip a beat...

@Anon 'ain't buying' - i read the title of your comment and thought, "oh shit, someone *really* didn't like it!". and then i read the rest of the comment :)

well you know i can't prove a negative, right? so you'll need to take my word for it. and maybe take a look at my other comment where i screwed up and said 'first and for all' which makes total sense in my native language (no, ain't tellin'!) but is nonsense in English... oh well. i blame my excitement in having my story up and reader comments to respond to!

anyways, i may publish at some point in the future. i dunno... in the meantime i'm wholly enjoying the Lit experience and especially having to deadlines to answer to - Lord knows i have enough of those in my real life!

thank you again for this comment. hope you'd be buyin' this if and when i do publish... ;-)

inspector123inspector123almost 10 years ago
Another hot chapter ...

The sex scene was really hot since Dan was so honest with Sandra that all he could handle right now was going online and finishing the job himself. One small nit picking detail ... I thought they were in Dan's apartment but they are going to "her bedroom" and Dan drys himself after the shower with "Sandra pink-and-purple floral bath towel"? Where can I get those :-)

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
Well

What can I say that the others haven't already said?

Lovely story, beautifully written and oh so believable.

What's more MJ junior just loved the sex scene, and he just knows that it is going to get dirtier as the story progresses. Right decision to include it in this chapter.

And as for you being able to sit after your E punishment....he ain't doing it right if you can. lol

Thanks STG for a great read.

Shysub412Shysub412almost 10 years ago
Awesome!

I've been away with no wifi, just got home and found a new chapter by you, homecoming is grand after all!

5 stars of course as always and a huge thank you for ridding my post holiday blues!

Addicted2WritingAddicted2Writingalmost 10 years ago
Can't vote!

:-( STG, I've been trying to vote all day, but Lit doesn't seem to be behaving. Maybe I should get my flogger out and punish my laptop...wait, um, never mind. I'll vote a 5 as soon as it comes up!

jhollanderjhollanderalmost 10 years ago
another fabulous chapter

STG- once again you had me hooked from start to finish. Your writing is such a pleasure...the dialogue so real. Both characters are dually strong yet vulnerable. Don't keep us waiting so long next time (just kidding)!

chiangkuchiangkualmost 10 years ago
Brilliant little O

Very good work at bringing a satisfying climax to what is already a strong climb to the story build, STG. I hope this is not the end, but just a beginning to what should be a proper Road to Redemption for Dan, as you have shown that he does deserve it. We can all think of some despicable things we have done in our lives, but that does not turn us into monsters. I enjoy how you keep showing us the inner workings of the semi-broken mind and how the healing process works for him. Reminds me of the way I write, sex does heal, if done right. One tiny criticism, you misplaced a name ... the first name in the beginning is Naomi, when I think you meant to put Sandra. You do have a gift for the written word, so by all means, keep on writing, this is working well and I can only hope it keeps getting better.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
now that's a great start to my week :)

hey y'all! back from the mines to open my computer to a bouquet of lovely comments and way-beyond-expected rating - no better way to start my evening! :)

@inspector - i think you'll find on closer inspection that they actually moved to Sandra's place - she invited Dan over to do some work on her apartment the next day (Saturday). as for getting that towel - here you go (sexiest bath towel ever, if you ask me!):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PURPLE-BEACH-TOWEL-WITH-PINK-WHITE-HIBISCUS-FLOWERS-30-X-60-FIBER-REFLECTIVE-/221422089393?pt=Bath_Towels_Washcloths&hash=item338dc8f4b1

@MJ - so glad you and MJ junior both enjoyed it! i do aim to please :D

@shysub - happy to be able to cheer you up! i like the idea of my story welcoming you home :) thank you.

@A2W - i know, Lit's been acting like crazy over the last few days. i've also found myself unable to star stories i read. sometimes refreshing the page helps... or even closing the browser and re-opening it. oh well, at least now that the 'new' list is longer it's not like i've missed my chance completely...

@JAH - YOU!!! haha all right i know you're just kidding, i still feel guilty about it though... i know no-one is hovering with a stopwatch or anything but i still feel bad it takes me so long to complete a chapter. i know you understand. (and... well?! ;-))

@chiangku - yes, i do believe sex (or, more precisely, the human connection it represents) can sometimes help in the healing process. and no, this isn't the end of the road for Dan's story :)

as for misplaced names - it had happened to me before but this time i think i actually got it right - Dan talks about his ex (Naomi) with his shrink and also is reminded of her when he masturbates in the shower, comparing her to Sandra in his mind. but i could still have missed some place - will go and re-check...

thank you all for taking the time to comment. did i mention i love comments? ;-)))

xoxo

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
OMG!

just now realized (following a much-appreciated PM) that i did indeed get the names wrong as @chiangu also pointed out - and in the very first sentence of the story, no less!!!

of course it is SANDRA who comes visit every day, not Naomi...

and there i was thinking i got it all right this time... :-/

hope y'all can find it in your hearts to forgive me. am going to post an edited version as soon as i can, but that won't probably be up until well after the chapter drops off 'new'...

nothing to say in my defense except i'm really, really sorry. really. sorry. :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Ohh DAMN!!!

I absolutely love your writing!!! The sex part ohh DAMN!!! So Damn HOTT!

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
STG...

Twenty swats for you! And 'I will keep my characters in proper order' written 500 times with perfect penmanship.

(This is not my story comment. Will be back later for that.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

@Anon 'DAMN' - glad u enjoyed it!!! at least i got *something* right...

@FA_JF - i do deserve them this time, don't i... just FYI this commenting tease and denial is borderline cruel and unusual punishment! ;-)

(STG)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Tabasco!

That was as hot as a Southern night in August! Chipolte Tabasco sauce-smokey, spicy, and hot, hot, hot.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
EDITED story submitted

thank you again @chiangku and L.E. (over PM) - i have re-edited and re-submitted this chapter to fix the name mixup, time mixup etc... i very much appreciate your comments!

to @Anon 'Tabasco' - i just hope you like it hot! ;-)

xoxo

PS - @FA_JF - you, my dear, are gonna drive me insane with anticipation... where's that comment you promised me? ppppllllleeeeeaaaaassssseeee....?

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Comment....comment....yeah...

Hum...had one of those sitting around here somewhere.....where'd that darn thing go...

*shifts around precariously stacked piles of pithiness*

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
~~~ooommmmmmm~~~

@FA_JF - you really do have a sadist streak in there, huh? ;-)

~STG practicing zen~

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19almost 10 years ago
As always, lovely...

I'm late to the commenting party, but what a lovely chapter. And the last bit, where he's being dominant without even realizing it - brilliant and hilarious!

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
oh goodie, the edited version is up!

Wow, Lit really has improved process times...

@fungirl - thank you my dear :) you know i wasn't aiming for either (brilliant or hilarious) but i'll take both as a compliment ;-))

@FA_JF seeing that u lost my comment in your hi-stacked pile of pithiness (u know i had to look that one up, right?) i have something to say to you:

you were right.

i think i told u that it wasn't my intention to have Dan confess to Sandra before they got down and dirty. but as i was writing it it just wouldn't flow or feel right unless he did... so there :)

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
STG

I am always right. Just ask Jennyb2492, LBGrant and Waterburn. (Don't bother asking my offspring. They are unreliable reporters.)

{still not my comment}

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
FA

You aren't related to the king in Bedknobs and Broomsticks by any chance.

I win, I win, I always win , is his chant :-)

Whereas my mantra is...yes dear...repeated at regular intervals accompanied by vigorous head nodding.

I find that to be the best for my continued well being.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor

@FA - of course you are.

@MJ - how very Masterful of you :-P

PlusherPlusheralmost 10 years ago
OMFG why have I stayed away so long…

Pfffffffffftttttttt *throws laptop to the ground and vows to give up writing now* between your and JAH's latest offerings I should really give up.

Brava! 5 shiny ones - wonderful narrative, fantastic handling of Dan's ongoing inner turmoil and great recognition that a true Dom will out, given the "right" partner, no matter how much He'd like to hold back. Keep going…

surrendermesurrendermealmost 10 years ago
A great story!

You are one of the best writers on this site. You have built this story so well, moment by moment. I have relished them all. You do have a way with words, and you sexy scenes are the best! Thank you.....

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
'a true Dom will out'

Hey @Plusher, whussssup? ;-)

Now don't you dare hurt that laptop!!! Not before continuing those two stories of yours i've been following and craving more of. I'm serious. I need you to give me my fix!

and yes, i do believe as much as Dan may struggle with it he cannot kill his Dom completely. he'll have to find out a way to live with himself - his true self - again.

@surrenderme - thank you so much for your lovely comment and the little red heart! I do so love to know the sexy scenes are working for others too... (it's tons of fun to write them!)

xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A return to normalcy

You don't see many of doms becoming norms so to speak. Usually it's escalation rather than deceleration

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
what is 'normal', anyways?

@Anon 'return to normalcy' - i see what you're saying, and i'm sure many would agree that being in the lifestyle inherently suggests striving to push the limits, expand your experiences etc. - i.e. 'escalating' your activities, whereas in this case we see someone struggling to subdue and contain his need for domination.

but this isn't your typical Dom we're talking about. Dan's striving for 'normalcy' (read: vanilla) not because he sees that as a 'better way to be' in an ideal world, but because his attack on his ex-wife/sub during his mental episode was a devestating failure of him as a Dom, and now he fears he'd put anyone else he dominated at risk.

for me, Dan's 'normal' isn't vanilla, but rather it's being a 'good Dom' - like he was to his wife throughout their decade-long marriage. at this point in the story he is very far from 'his normal', and the big question is - what would be the 'new normal' for him moving forward? where's the new equilibrium, and can he be happy with it?

(wish i knew. i never know the end of my stories, they kind of write themselves. we'll see where these characters take me...)

thank you for your comment. it was a good excersize, thinking about it :)

xoxo

SexyLady2SexyLady2almost 10 years ago
Great Story

Great story. I can't wait to read more. I really think you should write their stories into a romance novel. Looking forward to reading more from one of my favorite authors.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlalmost 10 years agoAuthor
update: chapter 5 submitted yesterday

Hope it's posted sometime over the weekend :)

always_yesalways_yesalmost 10 years ago
Glad he was honest!

His honesty in this chapter totally makes the relationship between him and Sandra way easier to digest and celebrate! I am not thinking vanilla is going to work, hard to go to that after the lifestyle, I'm predicting he helps her into it while he readjusts to be the 'good Dom' as you mentioned! Loving it STG!

swrdswrdalmost 10 years ago
self control struggle

You beutifully protray Dan's self control struggle.

I got to admit that I hate that I feel for him.... but I do. He does ubderstand that he is a risk to his partners and he does try to take preventative measures but that's not enough.

He should have walked a way from Sandra and talk about it with his psychiatrist.

Really good writing, I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks

purple_stonepurple_stoneover 9 years ago
Loved it

Is that vanilla? :)

I loved it, Small town girl. Wasn't sure at the beginning, but you converted me. A struggling Dom and a daring girl, good combo! Hope Jon doesn't mess it up, because just like your Sandra I love a happy ending, hehe. Gonna read more now, just wanted to comment. Great job!

Apple_of_EdenApple_of_Edenover 8 years ago
Slowly but Surely...

As always, I love your story. Like Dan, I'm slowly, but surely catching up. RL has taken its' toll and the recovery time is individual. I'm finally getting caught up with your HBT series. I love this story so far. One, because you are not band aiding Dan's issues. He's forced to look in the mirror, acknowledge his problem areas, and deal with them. Second, because I love the fact that "hero" here, at least in my opinion, is a woman, a sub, and also happens to be a nurse. Third, because I don't often give second chances, but I love to read about them.

As always, your characters are interesting, your story line intriguing, and your pace on point. I love that you don't rush your characters or stories. You give the reader a chance to get to know them and appreciate their ups and downs. That's the only reason I'm able to vote for Dan to "rehab" his issues and come out a better man and Dom. Great story telling. Can't wait to finish the rest.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 8 years ago
Conflicted

While it seems like a pretty fast pace, I guess the fact that Sandra is the instigator - and in many ways the 'healer' as well as 'leader' - in this relationship.

I don't think she's bad for him, but her enthusiasm is a bit shocking, I guess Dan will just have to try to hold on and not freak out :D

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hot? Try Incandescent!

Hottest sex scene i have ever read... i need lead-lined gloves to hold my phone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Are you still writing anywhere?

Your creative and emotional writing is outstanding. There are only a few authors that can write brilliantly as you certainly do. Whiskey and Rye is not on Literotica as far as I can find it. The thoughts, feelings, and emotions are spot on that you can't help but feel that you are experiencing what the characters are doing. The details of each character and setting is expressive and the best I have read in any story for a long time. Wish you can let folks know if you are still writing somewhere else now. 5 stars on every chapter so far. Wish we could rate higher.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous