All Comments on 'Holiday Party'

by dispatcher59

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
FASfanFASfanover 7 years ago
A nice story!

Thank you for sharing it with us, and have a Happy New Year! 5 stars.

gordo12gordo12over 7 years ago
Enjoyable fantasy piece.

3*

BarbieKenBarbieKenalmost 4 years ago
Good read

I really enjoyed the subject matter. Love teases.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit8 months ago

They should have held a Christmas Party, -it would be much MORE realistic, this out-of-context holiday-cheer grating, like fingernails-on-glass, it doesn't ring true, like a cracked brass bell that clunks with a muted thud rather than singing a clear, ringing clean-musical note ringing true! This tale doesn't flow true, like it ought to, it is sticky, awkward, lumpy, contrived-sounding and artificial! - It SHOULD either be a Christmas story or not, this stilted and contorted tale trips over it's deeply contrived political undertones, that so deeply undermine what may otherwise be a wonderful story, -I don't KNOW, - I had too severe an allergic reaction to the BS mind-control propaganda, that it blocked out any deep skill, or talent that the Author may, or may not, have had!

dispatcher59dispatcher598 months agoAuthor

To DickSnugfit above, since his email doesn't allow "anonymous" people to contact him-just as bad as posting anonymously:

I guess you didn't like the premise of the story. Oh well, that's the way it goes. I can't please everyone, though please note, here in the US, the holiday season runs pretty much from the mid November run up to Thanksgiving, til a little after New Year's. Christmas tends to be more of a family holiday, while New Year's more of an adult holiday, and often lends itself to the kind of event I describe in Holiday Party. Perhaps, since you seem to have the answer to all the flaws in my story, you can write one to show me how it's done. You can add it to all the other stories you've posted on Lit. Oh, yeah, there aren't any. Another non writer critic who thinks he knows better than the rest of us.

To the whiners about user names hiding identities, and allowing writers to hide behind a made up name: Yeah, I get that. But at least with a legit user name, I can reply to the haters, which I do routinely. So Dick is not technically anonymous, as he posted under his ID, but by setting his contact so that it is in effect useless, he gets half credit. Which is still a fail.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdispatcher59@dispatcher59
720 Followers
New Yorker with a predilection for older "Girl Next Door" types and Weather Channel gals.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES