All Comments on 'Homelands Pt. 06 Ch. 03'

by jdnunyer

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome Story!!!

JD: I am constantly surprised by your ability to capture the subtleties (sp?) of interpersonal relationships within incest families. Your characters evidence commonly shared family intimacies as well as incestual intimacies and it is all written masterfully. I'm having a hard time expressing my meaning in an understandable way. What I mean is that you have Gabby and Eric with a standard mother-son relationhip that is easily recognizable by all of us, a naughty sexual relationship which we also recognize or at least can imagine, and a third relationship, somewhere between the two of these that is a blend of both. And you are able to acutely describe these relationships in exquisite detail through dialogue, descriptions of facial expressions, and so forth. I'm still not saying what I mean. Let me put it this way: You are one of the few truly excellent writers on this site....perhaps the best. I really enjoy your work and I am positive that you could easily write successfully in the mainstream. Looking forward to chapter four, AnHoa Rifleman.

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Rifleman. You are too kind. :) I tried to make sure that the relationships don't feel like standard romantic relationships that just so happens to be between people who share blood ties. It's nice to know that this comes across.

JD

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

here i thought i was the first to respond and i find Rifleman has beaten me to it by days. though i do agree with him that there is a certain ..."realness" to the layered complexities, power dynamics, jealousies and insecurities found in your characters. however i do believe you expended almost every family dynamic except maybe the wayward son or bad seed archetype which is to say they don't molest their family and given that incest is the new super weapon that would be bad or at least a interesting scenario to see play out

side note i find my self more and more curious about just what kinda strange goes on in the house of winter

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Hey, anon.

We may see a wayward son and a bad seed in Spring, now that you mention it. :)

Glad you're interested in Winter. I'm looking forward to exploring that more fully myself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjdnunyer@jdnunyer
In the spring of 2020, I began working on what I hope will be the final, and best, version of Autumn, with reworks of Summer, Spring, and Winter potentially to follow. Progress has been intermittent but continues. When I'm finally ready to share it, I'll do so on a new account...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES