All Comments on 'Homelands Pt. 06 Ch. 06'

by jdnunyer

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
guan818guan818over 11 years ago

Excuse me, what does that last sentence really mean - that Gabriela was pregnant and she would miss her son?

If that is the case, I think it sounds awkward and clumsy.

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Yes, Guan, that's what I was going for. You're right that it could have been worded better though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Last Sentence is Great!!

JD: The guys who had trouble with your meaning in the last sentence probably did so because it was more than four syllables long. Ignore them.

What a wonderful story! Hanks plan to surrender the newborns was a real surprise, a perfect twist in the plot. It was also cool that Eric et. al. had the balls to fight him and that the fact they would fight him was a foregone conclusion that was hardly worth discussion. I was also surprised at how easy it was and I have a hunch that Hank will sit out in the hinterlands until his family needs him and then he will be there for them. And...the Orwins are coming back and are going to ally themselves with this bunch, the Moodys et. al.. This just gets richer and deeper as it goes along. Also, I am particularly pleased to see the genuine devotion between the mothers and sons as sex partners. It is both sweet and deep, and described so very well! It is especially gratifying to see Gabriela and Eric so completely committed one to another. Thanks for a great read. the An Hoa Rifleman.

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Hey rifleman. Thanks, as always, for your kind words.

I'm willing to say the last sentence could have been worded better. No need to say the fault lies with the readers. But I do appreciate that you found no problem with it, and that you enjoyed the series overall. :)

Best,

JD

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome.!!!

This story has kept me up all night trying to finish the Part 6. It is awesome. Keep up the great work jd.!!

Wonderful......

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

impressive. i have to say from time to time im floored by your presentation. after that squabble between nick and vee with how it was resolved and you ominously left it at "Because, after all... he was nothing like his father" it was like a thunderclap in my mind i just sat there pondering the implications. ( i suspect he wont be coming back from winter because he does something brave proving he wasn't his father's son)

also the actual fights, i mean the violence are done well, your not afraid to drop a known character quickly i kinda figured we'd lost mike in that fight (your going soft :P ) but with zoe once there was a opening it was over, which is how it should be.

Still seems weird how kurt and zoe went so nuts i mean they got what they had coming ...but the evil turn made their deaths easy, conveniently easy. (might of been a stronger story element if they were still good people caught between the wishes of the garden and the interests of their once family, but that might have made the heros to unlikeable.)

happy to see the alliances forming not sure how being a enemy of winter and the garden is gonna work out. and i dont believe the orwins are all that popular in the glade so that alliance is shot.....unless....no they cant still be alive....

i still don't trust Hank. if he comes to the aide of the fam it will be annie who made him a good enough man to do it which is ironic since i called her superfluous in the past.

well i did enough wild speculating in this post

i need a name or to register im tried of being anon i will be Anon

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Hi Anon. Thanks for the kind words. They are most appreciated.

I see your point with Zoey and Kurt. I tried to make the shift believable. Kurt was showing signs of being seduced by the idea that the sunlit folk were better than everyone else back in Part 5. But it still could have been handled better.

Interesting thoughts about where things are going in the future...

Best,

JD

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great conclusion

At first I thought there was too much plot and not enough sex, but I found myself genuinely anxious during the temple battle, even for characters I don't particularly like. So good job! Still, could use some more oedipal incest... didn't think there was enough. Next time, maybe, but whatever, looking forward to the next chapter in the saga.

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback, anon. Glad you enjoyed it, even without as much sex as there could have been. I'll keep that in mind though with the next one.

LA213LA213over 11 years ago
Wow Frank is back!!

I havent bein able to keep up atm since i'm in vactions and i'm only using my phone to keep up on your excellent story, which i'm sure you will make Frank and Eric good friends.

P.S. Keep up the good work bro.

Sincerely, LA213

jdnunyerjdnunyerover 11 years agoAuthor

Hi LA. Nice to hear from you.

The next few installments will focus on one other family that will have a role to play in the struggle against Daphne, but yes, we will see Frank and Eric together when we get to Winter. :)

JD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjdnunyer@jdnunyer
610 Followers
In the spring of 2020, I began working on what I hope will be the final, and best, version of Autumn, with reworks of Summer, Spring, and Winter potentially to follow. Progress has been intermittent but continues. When I'm finally ready to share it, I'll do so on a new account...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES